Kays now part of K &Co Catalogue Reviews

Kays now part of K &Co - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kays now part of K &Co

Kays now part of K &Co

“tried to cancel order but delivered & now won't...”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by McPhersongg253 (1 review written)

Where do i start this company is not only over priced but whenyou do order there is no way of cancelling then when it comes to there easy return system that's a lie they ignore emails and just choose not to mail back ridiculous company been with them years and will now close my account… Read Full Review

“rubbish delivery service”

Written on: 28/05/2014 by Keller321 (1 review written)

If it wasn't for the fact kays use yodel for delivery i would give them more stars ,parcels either dont turn up at all.Then you constantly have to chase kays as they never seem to contact you regarding where parcels are or why you have not received them,or parcels turn up damaged.About time they changed couriers… Read Full Review

“constant battle to gain any type of rewards”

Written on: 17/05/2014 by Aracelyx330 (1 review written)

you only get rewards (commission) on anything bought full price, not on payments made, so if you used £20 of rewards off the price of a £500 tv, uve lost out on what would of been £50 rewards..oh n 4get anything in sale..i spent over a 1000 on a cpl of tvs last yr n never received a penny. just had a 25 min battle over a £20 reward voucher, used it cos i spent over the 50 specified, sent the item bk, re ordered £277 worth of goods, n they reversed the voucher saying it wasnt their fault i… Read Full Review

“Applied for an account on Thursday - got accepted and...”

Written on: 10/05/2014 by Warrenrc81 (1 review written)

Applied for an account on Thursday - got accepted and given a credit limit - made 1 purchase and opted for buy now pay 12 months - then received an email today saying they have misread some information and have some 'conflicting information' so they are terminating my account and all balances must be paid! I have asked what the hell is going on and have had no reply! avoid!!… Read Full Review

“No delivery ”

Written on: 05/05/2014 by McDaniel219 (1 review written)

Been waiting 5 weeks for a delivery and when the delivery day comes, it's excuse after excuse to why my corner soft hasn't been delivered, even after I received a confirmation txt saying it would be, tryed phoning customer service and all they say is they are sorry, no help at all, disgusting customer service Would not recommend to anyone !!!!… Read Full Review

“Bogus Balances and Higher Direct Debits”

Written on: 27/04/2014 by mikeydw (1 review written)

I have never posted on one of these places before, but with my current experiences of K & Co, which is Shop Direct, I must warn people about their Direct Debit Payments being taken each month, when a consumer buys all their items on Buy Now Pay Later. I merely assumed by continuing my DD payments, and paying off the full item balance before the item matured, so no interest was charged on the item, that this DD payment would reduce the overall balance on my account and subsequently, any up and… Read Full Review

“No communication between kays and delivery people,”

Written on: 21/03/2014 by piPope163 (1 review written)

Ordered a washing machine and was given date for installation and delivery.I paid for connection and to take away old machine.I phoned the day before to kays and was told I did not need to disconnect my machine and that it would be done by delivery men.When the delivery was made I was told by delivery men they could not connect the machine as it had not been disconnected and that this was a continual occurance due to kays staff not giving the correct info to customers.I would liked to have… Read Full Review

“Commission rip off”

Written on: 13/02/2014

I earned £140 commission and unfortunately got made redundant from my job. Being responsible person I did not order anything from the catalogue as I knew I was not in a position to make repayments but kept the commission as a safety net for a winters coat as being on pension credit money was tight. I have just managed to secure employment , went to place an order only to find my commission I previously earned has been completely wiped. No doubt they will safe guard themselves by saying it is… Read Full Review

“SHODDY TREATMENT OF LOYAL CUSTOMER”

Written on: 01/02/2014

After 50 years of being a loyal and reliable customer, I cannot understand why I have not received a catalogue from K&Co after ringing and e-mailing over the past year. I bought goods to the value of £2K last year and yet they have not sent me a catalogue for two seasons despite ringing on a regular basis. I am disgusted with their attitude and each time one of the advisers have said they will look into it or that the catalogues are out of print despite my daughter ordering one as a new… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 07/12/2013

Been a customer for over 30 yrs but will be closing the account if and when I get my refund. I bought a fridge freezer but it was faulty, an engineer was sent to examine the fridge and confirmed it was broken it was promptly picked up. I had paid in full for the item but decided not to reorder a product because a neighbour kindly gave me a fridge. I requested a cheque refund and as of yet I have not recieved it. I have phoned several times and been told the cheque has been sent out. I have… Read Full Review

“£30 off voucher is a scam”

Written on: 14/10/2013

Do not use this company or very! They are controlled by the same company and are completely useless. It would take hours to list all of the reasons why this company is rubbish but the £30 voucher has to be the worst. Excuse me for not reading the small print but £30 off should mean £30 off the price of the item. Apparently it only works if you go over the interest free period as it will be taken off the interest you incur. This is not the case and I ended up paying for items that I would… Read Full Review

“rip off bad customer service ”

Written on: 08/08/2013

brought a mattress that cost £279 only lasted ten mouths they send a man to my home to inspect the item and charged me £45 never gave me a replacement been with the company for ten years and this is now they treat you closed my account buy from a proper store do not order any thing from them I am seeking legal advice from trading standards… Read Full Review

“Poor customer and delivery service”

Written on: 10/07/2013 by Hardish (1 review written)

I bought a fridge freezer as a present for my mother. I ordered it on-line and it was agreed that the delivery company will call me 48 hours in advance of delivery. An approximate delivery date was given and I phoned up Kandco a few days later to ensure that a) the delivery company had the correct phone number and b) to ask if it was likely that delivery will be made on the date stated when I put the order through. A Kandco advisor said that they have the correct phone number and it was likely… Read Full Review

“your bills”

Written on: 20/06/2013

Dont buy from kand co Use Very instead, buyer beware This is a jungle company, as bad as Great Universal was. BEWARE. They will treat your complaint like it dont matter and charge £12 monthly for a closed account. DONT USE Kand CO you will regret it I promise. The management is rubbish,too Nice day all… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/06/2013

Hi,

We're very sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your shopping experience with us and we would like to help if possible.

We would especially like to look into the charges that have been applied to your account if you have requested it to be closed. We do advise that accounts can only be closed when they have a zero balance so would need to ensure that this is the case. Please email us putting 'Account' in the subject field and we would be happy to help.

Timbo16's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2013

Hi Just to let you know that very is part of k&co along with a few others so you will still get really stupid advisors from time to time

“kandco are rip offs shop else where”

Written on: 02/06/2013

kandco charge nearly double in price for there items there should be reported to office of fair tradeing… Read Full Review

“Made a Payment mistake and never told me how much...”

Written on: 17/05/2013 by Fuzzy54 (1 review written)

I phoned to make my minimum payment of £9 64p I only had £56 pound left on my account , They said sorry it does not want to go through , Tried again with same debit card and said OH it has gone this time , Then said Oh i know what we have done , never fully explained , just said don't worry if you get a letter from us saying the payment was refused as it has gone through fine now. Three days later I get a Phone call from my Bank the fraud department phoned back to make sure it was genuine… Read Full Review

Kandco_Help_Team's Response to Fuzzy54's Review

Written on: 22/05/2013

Hi,

We're really sorry to hear of the problems that you have experienced due to an advisor error.

We would like to investigate this and can do so if you email us putting 'Service' in the subject field.

Fuzzy54's reply to Kandco_Help_Team's Comment

Written on: 23/05/2013

Hello Dave , I have already phoned K and co On 3 occasions and have also been in touch with the complaints Department , and so Far I have not had any reply , They said they would look into this

Thanks Paul.

Loopy34's reply to Fuzzy54's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2013

Going to get a complaint frm me too! I ordered a laptop last thursday, for nxt day delivery. Didnt come! Emailed the team thay said will b delivered today. Still not here!!! And it is now monday. I checked tracking and it now says the 30th july!! Im appauled!!!!!!! If not here by tomrw i shall cancel and inform my bank!!. Ths is a present for my sons bday this thursday! Cruel individuals!!!

“useless”

Written on: 16/05/2013 by jaygee1304 (1 review written)

Kandco_Help_Team's Response to jaygee1304's Review

Hi jaygee1304,

We're sorry to hear that this hasn't been resolved yet.

Some of our orders do require a signature on delivery and should be explained at the time of order.

As the order has been accepted and processed and the item is in transit then we cannot cancel the order, but we can contact the courier and ask them to return the parcel back to us so it can be credited back to your account.

If you'd like to email us at contact_kandco@kandco.com putting 'delivery' in the subject field and we'll look into it for you.

Neveragaincustomer's reply to Kandco_Help_Team's Comment

Written on: 15/08/2013

K&Co you clowns. If you can contact the courier to get it returned then you could offer actual customer service and get it delivered on time.

K7co are a bunch of unfunny clowns. Expect this company to fold at some point soon.

“Unfair late fees”

Written on: 16/05/2013

I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat as I am am, my payment has been brought forward to the 2nd of June. the problem is I don't get any money until the 4th and can't pay until then. I thought "No problem, I'll just call them up and get my payment moved". The person on the other end of the phone said that this is totally unflexable and he cannot move the payment date. I said surely they have other customers in the same boat, getting paid on a certain date so they would end up with late… Read Full Review

Hi there,

The statements are produced every 4 Weeks (every 28 days) and this is outlined in your terms and conditions. A payment is requested every 4 weeks rather than every month as the items that you order are placed over weekly terms, so your payment date will change every statement.

You'll get a statement every 4 weeks, which will list your orders, payments and returns during that 4 week statement period, and will tell you what your next minimum payment will be. You must make at least the minimum payment by the date shown, which is currently 20 days after the date of the statement.

We will be sure to pass on your feedback.

Disgustedcustomer1972's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2013

That's no excuse for having a system that forces people into gaining late fees. I assume from the fact that the adviser on the phone was fully aware of this issue and also that there are apparently lots of people with late fees due to this problem, that the people in authority within the company are aware of this as well. As the company are doing nothing to change this I can only assume that this practice is regarded are normal even although this is extreemly unscrupulous behaviour. This isnt the first time the company have ripped me off for a late fee, when I paid my bill early they charged me a late fee because my statement wasn't issued. Luckily I was in employment then and could bear the cost, unfortunately I am currently unemployed and the late fee to me is a lot. I have never failed to pay my bills on time.

Amomo's Comment

Written on: 04/07/2013

You are right. Knco is bulls. Very arrogant with management afraid to make a decision.
They need some New managers ' who are graduates to run that place.

A house full emotional workers who shout over the phone is no good, is it?
I am so angry, I could scream.... Charges, charges and more charges.!!!

RIP OFF BRITAIN, please come to our rescue. Thanks
Nice day all.

“Please has anyone had a problem with their billing and...”

Written on: 14/05/2013

Please has anyone had a problem with their billing and charged fees as a result of their direct debit being cancelled by their bank but there is no proof any request was ever made by Kandco in the first place????? I am having to go to the financial ombudsman cause i think the company is trying to scam me of almost £80 in fees. Would love to hear from anyone with the same problem. Customer service is rubbish the people are just plain dumb and the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/05/2013

Hi there,

If you would like to email us at contact_kandco@kandco.com putting 'account query' in the subject field and we will look into this for you.

Mikeydw's Comment

Written on: 27/04/2014

Yes their billing is actually taking peoples monies when they are not owed any monies, see my review Bogus Balances and Higher Direct Debits

Disgustedcustomer1972's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2013

Yes this company are really good at scamming people out of late fees.I am seriously considering goingt o the Ombudsman myself to try and get them to investigate the practicess at the company, my problem is I am going to get a late fee because they won't change my payment date by a couple of days. Im due to pay on the 2nd and I domnt get money in my account until the 4th. They refused to change the date, their words were "This is the one thing that is inflexable". When I asked if there were more people in the same boat the adviser stated quite matter of factly yes ther are lots as if it was common practice. I am extreemly disgusted by this company and wont be getting anything from them again.

Jaygee1304's Comment

Written on: 16/05/2013

bloody useless company. I arranged via yodel (there half arsed delivery company) for my item to be delivered on a different day as yodel are insisting I need to sign for it. but yodel have still tried to deliver it THREE more times. rang K&Co customer service to be fobbed off with another 0844 number to call yodel direct. this number is just to change your delivery date . could be me going mad but I'm sure I told the kind but dim K&Co adviser that I had already done this. when I told her I wanted to cancel the item she told me I could not do this as delivery had already been attempted. and they was me thinking I was the customer and it was my money.

Hi Jaygee1304,

We have responded to your main review.

K&Co Help Team.

“Terrible; customer for 30 years and totally ripped off ”

Written on: 06/05/2013

My rewards I had built up all year were taken off me with no warning; The rewards have a cash alternative, I had been saving them up for a holiday and without a letter, phone call or any communication whatsoever they were taken off me. What is the point of having a reward system if for no reason the company takes them away, I have been using the catalog for three decades, have never missed a payment and find this totally unacceptable that they would treat customers like this. Very… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/05/2013

Hi,

We do advise, as part of the terms and conditions for our Rewards scheme, that Rewards earned from an account payment will lapse if they are not redeemed within two years of the date of that account payment.
Additionally, if a customer does not shop for one whole catalogue season i.e. a Spring/Summer or Autumn/Winter season, then any Rewards earned will lapse.

For more information on our Rewards scheme you can visit our website.

Hope this helps

Chaver's Comment

Written on: 20/06/2013

That is total rubbish - My wife has a letter from [name removed] (whoever she is) stating that she is about to lose her Platinum award status unless she places an order for over £60 before 30th June 2013. Guess what - as of 20th June 2013 she placed an order for over £200 only to be told there was a problem with her account and because she had not placed an order for some time her credit limit had been reduced to £150 and the £30 voucher could not be used! Also a customer for over 30 years - her words - This is the last time I will order anything from K & Co in fact I am thinking of cancelling the order I have made.

Amanda147's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2013

Hi this has just happened to me aswell was saving them for christmas now all gone

Rosebud2's Comment

Written on: 25/07/2013

With no warning at all this has happened to my mother who was saving up for a present for a grandson but this isn't the first time it has happened but I stepped in this time and I've taken it to watchdog to sort it out for her, fingers crossed.