La Redoute Catalogue Reviews

160

La Redoute - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for La Redoute

“To Long re postage”

Written on: 27/08/2015 by Scottishnow (2 reviews written)

The website is good and you get lot's of offers to make prices cheaper. I have used in the past with no issues and fast delivery. However recent order I have just been advised although in stock will take up to 10 days to receive. There is no real time tracking apart from in progress. I find this poor overall. Customer service said sorry but in this day and age 10 days is simply to much. … Read Full Review

Redcatsuk's Response to Scottishnow's Review

Written on: 28/08/2015

It is great news to hear that you are happy with our website and that you find our products affordable with the various offers that we have on throughout the year.
I am very sorry that that your most recent order has took a little longer than normal. On occasion, delivery can be delayed slightly as the goods do come from France and certain issues arise. However, we do strive to deliver most goods within the 3-5 working days. Hopefully this will be a one off for you and I hope that this does not put you off shopping with us in the future. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused on this occasion.

“Worst shopping experience!!!”

Written on: 09/06/2015 by pmakaveeva (1 review written)

Their policies are absolutely misleading- they are purely lying to us as paying customers. I have used La Redoute once before and I was not happy with the quality of their clothes. Needless to say I haven't ordered anything else from them until last week when I have received an odd voucher for 50% off. I have decided to take advantage of the offer taking the fact that I was also to receive a free gift (black bag with purse) that matched perfectly with the rest of the items in my basket… Read Full Review

Redcatsuk's Response to pmakaveeva's Review

Written on: 11/06/2015

We are sorry that we were unable to send your free gift with your order but this offer proved to be very popular and exceeded demand. As per the terms and conditions of the order code they are subject to availablilty. If stock of a free gift is exhausted we do advise of the delivery note and then follow this with a separate letter with a code for discount. It is not normal practise to offer an alternative gift.

Pmakaveeva's reply to Redcatsuk's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2015

You do advise on the delivery note?! See, now that is a problem because I would have much preferred to know that I am not getting what I was supposed do to. As a result I would have cancelled my order there and then instead of wasting my little free time in absolutely pointless trips from and to Hermes store. Thanks for mentioning for 1001 time " subject to availability"- just made my day!!!
Like I already said...absolutely useless in resolving issues-disappointing really. Businesses like this should be banned for deceiving customers!

Pmakaveeva's reply to Redcatsuk's Comment

“Misleading Catalogue Photos”

Written on: 01/06/2015 by Petersongx12 (1 review written)

The catalogue photos are extremely misleading. Recently ordered a shirt, jumper and a dress only to find, on receipt, that the items fitted and looked like sacks. The models clearly had their clothes altered at the back to give a more fitted look. Everything I received was nothing like in the catalogue. Very expensive too and clothes quality not good. Account closed… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/06/2015

I am sorry you were unhappy with the quality of our goods and I have passed you comments to the relevant department. We will take this under advisement for future catalogues. If you would reconsider your decision to close the account you can exchange your items for smaller sizes.
We do try and match our pricing with quality as we offer our unique French style in the UK. Thanks

“Good value for money and good service ”

Written on: 21/04/2015 by Sandrawalters79 (3 reviews written)

I have heard some negative reviews about this catalouge but I found it really informative and I have even shown a couple friends. It's good value for money and would recommend… Read Full Review

“Awful Service!!”

Written on: 04/02/2015

I've purchased from La Redoute in France in the past and had no problems but my latest order has been a disaster. I ordered four rugs on the 14th December, I was quickly advised that one of them was unavailable, I had to chase the refund but it was paid. However, I'm still waiting for the other three to arrive. After many emails I still don't have a delivery date and the company are refusing to give me a refund. They say the order is not yet, "out of time".I've paid 200€ and am beginning to… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/02/2015

We are sorry to learn that you are experiencing difficulties receiving your order from La Redoute - France.
As we are La Redoute UK we are unable to assist you with this matter. You need to contact La Redoute France as although we are part of the same company we can only deal wth orders placed with La Redoute UK. We apolgoise for any inconvenience.

Written on: 06/02/2015

“Typical french screw you attitude - DO NOT USE”

Written on: 06/01/2015 by pixie11 (1 review written)

This company plays huge games with their discount codes, do not refund with ease and generally make life difficult. My advice is stay away unless you enjoy headaches. I would go into more detail but am so fed up with la Redoute that I just want to forget the whole sorry saga… Read Full Review

Redcatsuk's Response to pixie11's Review

Written on: 09/01/2015

Sorry to hear that the service you have received has not met your expectations. All our discount codes do state T&C's so you are aware of any item not valid for discount. Refunds are automatically dealt on returned items that are paid for by card. We appreciate from your comments that you are unhappy with the service you have received and we would love to discuss this further with you. Please email us with your details though the contact us feature on our web site using the title Review centre a manager will then contact you back.

“Tips & tricks - but on your credit card!!”

Written on: 13/07/2014 by judyL71 (2 reviews written)

Displaying discounted price, at heck-out full price. Where is the discount???? Thanks God I noticed it before entering the CC details. Totally misleading. I will not use it again… Read Full Review

Redcatsuk's Response to judyL71's Review

Written on: 14/07/2014

We are sorry to hear you feel mislead by discounts on line. On occasions not all sizes/colours are reduced by the same amount. To enable us to have the opportunity to resolve this issue could you please ring our customer care department leaving your contact details and ask for a Team Leader to ring you back regarding your post on review centre. We will then contact you to resolve this issue.

“NO STARS FOR THIS CO”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by fa12 (1 review written)

THIS has to be the worst co i have ever dealt with they take your money on ordering send the wrong stuff you pay again wait 3 -4 weeks for refund if you are lucky still waiting for refund told I would get discount they lie no discount customer service are not interested DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A BARGEPOLE… Read Full Review

Redcatsuk's Response to fa12's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

I am sorry you have had a poor service. Please can you contact us and ask to speak to Chris Hobkinson and he will call you back to discuss the issue.

“Very bad online experience and customer service”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by MarilynPope375 (1 review written)

I placed an order, then found out that it is opening a credit agreement. I just wanted to pay for my order without opening a credit account, so I called the 0844 number (high charges) and spoke to the most rude person imaginable. She forced me to tell her my birthdate, email, address, etc etc. When I finally explained she just ignored me saying she would just pass my request to a department to deal with it. And did I want to replace my order? So I asked to cancel my order. Note: The… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/05/2014

We are sorry that you were unable to choose to pay at time of placing your order there are normally two options, open a credit account or pay now.
If you can please ring our contact centre (we will reimburse your costs) giving your customer number and ask for Chris Hobkinson to contact you back this will enable us to investigate your complaint.

Lorbui's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2014

I didn't see a pay now option anywhere. You say 'normally' ? Don't you know?

I don't want to call the 0844 number again as it will just cost me more money.

Happy to give you my account number though -

Customer Number : 819574847

Such a shame as I would have happily paid for the items over the phone if the lady was not so unhelpful and downright rude.

“Misleading pricing with sale items and discount codes”

Written on: 24/02/2014

They charge you the reduced sale item price in the total bill, then jump to full price and add the discount, in effect the items are not reduced sale items if they then charge full price. I have written 3 mails asking why sale items are charged at full price and have still not received an acceptable reason. In my opinion these are very shady business practices and I am in the process of. Complaining to the Office of Fair Trading… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/02/2014

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with pricing when placing your order with us. If you can please ring our contact centre giving your customer number and ask for Chris Hobkinson to contact you back we will investigate this further for you.

“WORST COMPANY EVER”

Written on: 29/12/2013

This is the worst company ever! stay away! They took ages to deliver the goods - over 2 weeks! and then they sent one coat to my address and the other to the wrong address (don't understand how when I bought both together) and had the cheek to tell me they would not refund my money until they were able to retrieve the coat. Stay away from this company. Poor sizing, cheap quality, terrible customer service, appalling delivery!… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/12/2013

I am sorry you have had a poor experience. Please can you contact our customer care team by phone or use the "contact us" section on the website and we will investigate this for you.

“Pricey and slow delivery”

Written on: 24/10/2013

Anything I have ever ordered from La Redoute takes ages to arrive and by the time it does arrive, I have gone off my purchase. They shouldn't charge so much for delivery if they can't deliver! The colour doesn't match what is depicted in the catalogue either nor the quality. I have stopped buying from this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/10/2013

I am sorry you are unhappy with the speed of our delivery and the quality of our goods. I have passed your comments to the relevant departments. If you would like to discuss this wityh one of our managers please call our customer care team and we will be happy to discuss in more detail.

“Don't order from this company ever!!! ”

Written on: 09/10/2013 by paris666 (1 review written)

You could not make up the experience I have had with this company and I still don't have my order. 1) Ordered curtains two weeks ago (beginning of October)....and arranged delivery day - took time off work and still no curtains arrived. 2) Spoke to customer services and they said the address was wrong - okay fair enough - rectified this and asked to be notified of new delivery date. 3) spoke to customer services yesterday.......a nice lady said it will arrive tomorrow....had to arrange to… Read Full Review

Jules62's Response to paris666's Review

Written on: 11/10/2013

I am very concerned to read that you have experienced such difficulties whilst trying to receive your order from us and am I keen to resolve this for you now. Can I ask that you email me with your customer number/name and address along with a contact phone number. Once I have received this information, I will contact you. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Julie Asbury Assistant Contact Centre Manager La Redoute

Paris666's reply to Jules62's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2013

I am also very concerned that you want me to put my contact details on a public page for all to see and abuse............

I have a better idea - You go through your database and contact me - my name is at the top of the review page, on the left hand side.

the postcode is SW!0

failing that you can ask your customer service robots what my details are - I am sure they remember me.......

I look forward to your phonecall - preferably today !

“Horrible customer service - not worth the time”

Written on: 27/09/2013

I called their telephone customer service today to help find an item but received horrible customer service!!: 1) they stuck to their rote learnt bookish lines insisting I give them item number. There was absolutely no desire to budge or help or "waste time" on a customer wanting to spend the money on their company and buying the product. 2) To begin with, he spent good long time asking me to confirm my address, my landline number, my email address, my full name as though I was calling a bank… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/10/2013

Hi sorry to hear the the service you received was of an unacceptable standard. Can you please send your customer details to us to enable me to contact you directly

Fizauk's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2013

Sure will send details to your info@ and help@ email addresses. Thanks

“Absolutely Incompetent Service Standards”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by MOJOSOE (1 review written)

I am currently in the process of writing a letter to La Redoute regarding the terrible service I have experienced. Having looked online prior to writing said letter, I am glad to see that I am not the only person who feels the same way - not glad that others have received terrible service, but heartened that I am not apparently the unreasonable and incompetent customer they feel I am! La Redoute is great when your ordering, some of the collections are lovely and the quality of some of the… Read Full Review

Redcatsuk's Response to MOJOSOE's Review

Written on: 01/10/2013

Hi having read your review I am concerned regarding the information that you have been given from our customer service team. To enable me to investigate your complaint further can you please send your customer details to us.

Mojosoe's reply to Redcatsuk's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2013

Hi there
I thought long and hard about whether to respond, as you will gather I gave your customer services several opportunities to assist me, ridiculous that something as simple as buying clothes should become so stressful!

You can read the details here and on Trust Pilot.

My customer number is 807087576

Mojosoe's reply to Mojosoe's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2013

As a follow up to my review above I received the following response from a Team Leader at Redcatsuk (the customer services operator for La Redoute), it has not changed my opinion of the situation, it simply underpins the fact that La Redoute suffers from fractured internal systems, poor communication skills and a lot of disinterested/chippy staff members.

However, somebody did care enough to bring a positive conclusion to the matter and their reply is posted below;-

I am really sorry that you have had such a poor experience whilst shopping with us.

Here at La Redoute we strive to give the best possible service and I appreciate on this occasion we have failed to meet both our own and your expectations.

We have checked all transactions on your account and note that we have issued a refund for the Jacket that was deducted in error. This has created a balance owing on your account.

However, as this is our mistake, I have removed this balance from your account.

I note that you still require the boots catalogue no 8516243. As we refunded you on the 18/9/13 for the original pair which you returned, we would require payment to process this order. Please order this item in the normal way.

I trust this clarifies the situation and please accept my apology for the inconvenience this has caused.

“Sale Prices seem to go up when advertising extra discount.”

Written on: 02/09/2013

I was on my laptop when i noticed an advertisement for a La Redoute jumper sale price £6.90. I click on it to find it came up full price. I notice this seems to happen when they are offering extra discount codes for an extra 20% off a sale item, So the price seems to go up to cover the discount. I have used La redoute before but i always find myself sending the stuff back. To be honest i have found most of the other catalogues really good but La Redoute for me is by far the worst. The sizings… Read Full Review

“very slow delivery ”

Written on: 05/08/2013 by panda12 (1 review written)

I'll never ever use this company again as it's very slow in delivery service. They don't send you information about the order that might be late to be delivered as well. I have tried to contact online with email but I couldn't click the submit button, is this deliberate? I would think that in future you take these points on board for other users out there. … Read Full Review

“Excellent Customer Service”

Written on: 03/07/2013 by 1katya (12 reviews written)

Wrote an email with a few quibbles to La Redoute this morning and within 2 hours I had received a phone call resolving these problems. The Customer Service person had carefully read my comments and took these on board in a courteous and helpful way. I was somewhat surprised having read previous comments on this independent review site, and also by the prompt and helpful service. Although you are a French Company, I think your call centre may have been in the UK North East? Excellent and… Read Full Review

“A rip off”

Written on: 26/06/2013

Firstly lured in to £50 off a £100 order to find the offer no longer valid, which made me order over £100. Then got email to say order was being processed to then find out order had disappeared. There is an expensive number to call so that is where they make their money on big mistakes luring you in to buy, messing up orders so you have to call them and then lose money. A rip off. Do not use this company… Read Full Review

“Incomptent”

Written on: 14/06/2013

First time I ordered from this company and I will never use them again. Sent me first the wrong size from what I ordered then when I called to complain they sent me the wrong item in the wrong size. How hard is it to get that right??? Customer services don't give a damn and couldn;t wait to get me off the phone. Terrible company… Read Full Review