La Redoute Catalogue Reviews

La Redoute - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for La Redoute

“NO STARS FOR THIS CO”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by fa12 (1 review written)

THIS has to be the worst co i have ever dealt with they take your money on ordering send the wrong stuff you pay again wait 3 -4 weeks for refund if you are lucky still waiting for refund told I would get discount they lie no discount customer service are not interested DO NOT TOUCH THIS COMPANY WITH A BARGEPOLE… Read Full Review

Redcatsuk's Response to fa12's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

I am sorry you have had a poor service. Please can you contact us and ask to speak to Chris Hobkinson and he will call you back to discuss the issue.

“Very bad online experience and customer service”

Written on: 19/05/2014 by MarilynPope375 (1 review written)

I placed an order, then found out that it is opening a credit agreement. I just wanted to pay for my order without opening a credit account, so I called the 0844 number (high charges) and spoke to the most rude person imaginable. She forced me to tell her my birthdate, email, address, etc etc. When I finally explained she just ignored me saying she would just pass my request to a department to deal with it. And did I want to replace my order? So I asked to cancel my order. Note: The… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/05/2014

We are sorry that you were unable to choose to pay at time of placing your order there are normally two options, open a credit account or pay now.
If you can please ring our contact centre (we will reimburse your costs) giving your customer number and ask for Chris Hobkinson to contact you back this will enable us to investigate your complaint.

Lorbui's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2014

I didn't see a pay now option anywhere. You say 'normally' ? Don't you know?

I don't want to call the 0844 number again as it will just cost me more money.

Happy to give you my account number though -

Customer Number : 819574847

Such a shame as I would have happily paid for the items over the phone if the lady was not so unhelpful and downright rude.

“Misleading pricing with sale items and discount codes”

Written on: 24/02/2014

They charge you the reduced sale item price in the total bill, then jump to full price and add the discount, in effect the items are not reduced sale items if they then charge full price. I have written 3 mails asking why sale items are charged at full price and have still not received an acceptable reason. In my opinion these are very shady business practices and I am in the process of. Complaining to the Office of Fair Trading… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/02/2014

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with pricing when placing your order with us. If you can please ring our contact centre giving your customer number and ask for Chris Hobkinson to contact you back we will investigate this further for you.

“WORST COMPANY EVER”

Written on: 29/12/2013

This is the worst company ever! stay away! They took ages to deliver the goods - over 2 weeks! and then they sent one coat to my address and the other to the wrong address (don't understand how when I bought both together) and had the cheek to tell me they would not refund my money until they were able to retrieve the coat. Stay away from this company. Poor sizing, cheap quality, terrible customer service, appalling delivery!… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/12/2013

I am sorry you have had a poor experience. Please can you contact our customer care team by phone or use the "contact us" section on the website and we will investigate this for you.

“Pricey and slow delivery”

Written on: 24/10/2013

Anything I have ever ordered from La Redoute takes ages to arrive and by the time it does arrive, I have gone off my purchase. They shouldn't charge so much for delivery if they can't deliver! The colour doesn't match what is depicted in the catalogue either nor the quality. I have stopped buying from this company… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/10/2013

I am sorry you are unhappy with the speed of our delivery and the quality of our goods. I have passed your comments to the relevant departments. If you would like to discuss this wityh one of our managers please call our customer care team and we will be happy to discuss in more detail.

“Don't order from this company ever!!! ”

Written on: 09/10/2013 by paris666 (1 review written)

You could not make up the experience I have had with this company and I still don't have my order. 1) Ordered curtains two weeks ago (beginning of October)....and arranged delivery day - took time off work and still no curtains arrived. 2) Spoke to customer services and they said the address was wrong - okay fair enough - rectified this and asked to be notified of new delivery date. 3) spoke to customer services yesterday.......a nice lady said it will arrive tomorrow....had to arrange to… Read Full Review

Jules62's Response to paris666's Review

Written on: 11/10/2013

I am very concerned to read that you have experienced such difficulties whilst trying to receive your order from us and am I keen to resolve this for you now. Can I ask that you email me with your customer number/name and address along with a contact phone number. Once I have received this information, I will contact you. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Julie Asbury Assistant Contact Centre Manager La Redoute

Paris666's reply to Jules62's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2013

I am also very concerned that you want me to put my contact details on a public page for all to see and abuse............

I have a better idea - You go through your database and contact me - my name is at the top of the review page, on the left hand side.

the postcode is SW!0

failing that you can ask your customer service robots what my details are - I am sure they remember me.......

I look forward to your phonecall - preferably today !

“Horrible customer service - not worth the time”

Written on: 27/09/2013

I called their telephone customer service today to help find an item but received horrible customer service!!: 1) they stuck to their rote learnt bookish lines insisting I give them item number. There was absolutely no desire to budge or help or "waste time" on a customer wanting to spend the money on their company and buying the product. 2) To begin with, he spent good long time asking me to confirm my address, my landline number, my email address, my full name as though I was calling a bank… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/10/2013

Hi sorry to hear the the service you received was of an unacceptable standard. Can you please send your customer details to us to enable me to contact you directly

Fizauk's Comment

Written on: 02/10/2013

Sure will send details to your info@ and help@ email addresses. Thanks

“Absolutely Incompetent Service Standards”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by MOJOSOE (1 review written)

I am currently in the process of writing a letter to La Redoute regarding the terrible service I have experienced. Having looked online prior to writing said letter, I am glad to see that I am not the only person who feels the same way - not glad that others have received terrible service, but heartened that I am not apparently the unreasonable and incompetent customer they feel I am! La Redoute is great when your ordering, some of the collections are lovely and the quality of some of the… Read Full Review

Redcatsuk's Response to MOJOSOE's Review

Written on: 01/10/2013

Hi having read your review I am concerned regarding the information that you have been given from our customer service team. To enable me to investigate your complaint further can you please send your customer details to us.

Mojosoe's reply to Redcatsuk's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2013

Hi there
I thought long and hard about whether to respond, as you will gather I gave your customer services several opportunities to assist me, ridiculous that something as simple as buying clothes should become so stressful!

You can read the details here and on Trust Pilot.

My customer number is 807087576

Mojosoe's reply to Mojosoe's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2013

As a follow up to my review above I received the following response from a Team Leader at Redcatsuk (the customer services operator for La Redoute), it has not changed my opinion of the situation, it simply underpins the fact that La Redoute suffers from fractured internal systems, poor communication skills and a lot of disinterested/chippy staff members.

However, somebody did care enough to bring a positive conclusion to the matter and their reply is posted below;-

I am really sorry that you have had such a poor experience whilst shopping with us.

Here at La Redoute we strive to give the best possible service and I appreciate on this occasion we have failed to meet both our own and your expectations.

We have checked all transactions on your account and note that we have issued a refund for the Jacket that was deducted in error. This has created a balance owing on your account.

However, as this is our mistake, I have removed this balance from your account.

I note that you still require the boots catalogue no 8516243. As we refunded you on the 18/9/13 for the original pair which you returned, we would require payment to process this order. Please order this item in the normal way.

I trust this clarifies the situation and please accept my apology for the inconvenience this has caused.

“Sale Prices seem to go up when advertising extra discount.”

Written on: 02/09/2013

I was on my laptop when i noticed an advertisement for a La Redoute jumper sale price £6.90. I click on it to find it came up full price. I notice this seems to happen when they are offering extra discount codes for an extra 20% off a sale item, So the price seems to go up to cover the discount. I have used La redoute before but i always find myself sending the stuff back. To be honest i have found most of the other catalogues really good but La Redoute for me is by far the worst. The sizings… Read Full Review

“very slow delivery ”

Written on: 05/08/2013 by panda12 (1 review written)

I'll never ever use this company again as it's very slow in delivery service. They don't send you information about the order that might be late to be delivered as well. I have tried to contact online with email but I couldn't click the submit button, is this deliberate? I would think that in future you take these points on board for other users out there. … Read Full Review

“Excellent Customer Service”

Written on: 03/07/2013 by 1katya (8 reviews written)

Wrote an email with a few quibbles to La Redoute this morning and within 2 hours I had received a phone call resolving these problems. The Customer Service person had carefully read my comments and took these on board in a courteous and helpful way. I was somewhat surprised having read previous comments on this independent review site, and also by the prompt and helpful service. Although you are a French Company, I think your call centre may have been in the UK North East? Excellent and… Read Full Review

“A rip off”

Written on: 26/06/2013

Firstly lured in to £50 off a £100 order to find the offer no longer valid, which made me order over £100. Then got email to say order was being processed to then find out order had disappeared. There is an expensive number to call so that is where they make their money on big mistakes luring you in to buy, messing up orders so you have to call them and then lose money. A rip off. Do not use this company… Read Full Review

“Incomptent”

Written on: 14/06/2013

First time I ordered from this company and I will never use them again. Sent me first the wrong size from what I ordered then when I called to complain they sent me the wrong item in the wrong size. How hard is it to get that right??? Customer services don't give a damn and couldn;t wait to get me off the phone. Terrible company… Read Full Review

“Extremely bad customer service”

Written on: 04/06/2013

As a new customer I ordered 2 seperate items, they both arrived a few days later with the wrong size to what I ordered. I called La Redoute only to be told, I had to return (at my cost) they would after a week issue me with a refund, I would then need to re-order the goods again, I was not happy with this and asked that a Supervisor or Manager call me back, they didnt I am still waiting. I will never ever use this company again, they couldnt even get two seperate orders right even as a new… Read Full Review

“Extremely disappointed, poor customer service and...”

Written on: 03/05/2013

I have purchased two items from la redoute. The reason I bought from them was because of the bargain prices and various promotions it seems to always be having. For my first order I waited over a month and a half to receive, I couldn't argue with the price but personally it wasn't worth the hassle. The quality was good when I eventually did receive my items however the customer service was appalling and my questions never got answered to. I decided to give it a second go, I ordered two items… Read Full Review

“Free P&P code. Pfffttttt what a load of rubbish”

Written on: 01/05/2013 by April77 (1 review written)

I can count on 1 hand how many times I have ordered from La Redoute and my latest encounter reminds me why. I ordered some shoes online and entered a code for free P&P. The code was accepted & the P&P removed from my online order. Received my statement in the post yesterday and a charge for P&P has been applied to my account. I sent an email to ‘customer services’ to tell them what had happened and could they advise. I received a reply today (which in itself is amazing) I was told that… Read Full Review

“Shamefull customer service”

Written on: 25/04/2013

Have spent the best part of 2 hours (nobody answered so I gave up) on hold trying to exchange jeans sent to me that were not the size requested. Have probably spent more on the phone call than on the jeans. Pathetic… Read Full Review

“pleased”

Written on: 28/03/2013

I've read the reviews before purchasing and was ready for the worst, though the deal was a real bargain so I didn't care of a bit of struggle. I ordered on Sunday evening, on Monday the order has been processed, on Tuesday the parcel has been produced and on Wednesday morning I had it in my hands. They emailed me at each step and on the courier's website you could have a live update on parcel's status.. couldn't ask more… Read Full Review

“HOPELESS !”

Written on: 12/03/2013

The delivery service is so terrible that it is just wasting your time. Each time i ordered through them in the past it went wrong. I gave it a last try this year but same story...NEVER AGAIN !… Read Full Review

“Striving to please.”

Written on: 15/02/2013

Like a number of people I had problems with the website, duplication of orders, unable to make contact etc. but I private messaged them on their Facebook page and e-mailed the customer service adviser whose details appear on other reviewers comments, and within minutes my problems were sorted to high satisfaction. They know there are problems - read their lengthy apology on their UK Facebook page - but they are genuinely trying to get things sorted. I will certainly order again in the new year… Read Full Review