Activity Superstore Reviews

• Facilities

Activity Superstore - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Activity Superstore

Activity Superstore

“Cancellation of contract issues”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by Nick771979 (1 review written)

For Christmas 2015 I was given a theatre and afternoon tea package which would allow me and my partner to see a show amd have tea at Browns in London. My partner and I have to work around 2 young kids so had to select a date well in the future (April 2016) to go and use the experience. Instructions are easy to follow and I get my code etc then ring to book only be told that the providers (not activity superstore) contract with Browns expires at end of March. Okay so you'd assume a further… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Nick771979's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am ever so sorry about the disappointment caused in trying to book your activity.

I have looked in to this further for you, and can confirm that we unfortunately discontinued working with Browns as of 31/3/16. This was immediately replaced with an alternative location in London within 10 minutes walking distance. All of this information would have been available to see online on our booking information page.

Regrettably all locations have the right to discontinue at any point during the voucher validity, and we will always accommodate for offering an alternative. All information about this can be found in the terms and conditions.

If you did wish to discuss this further, I will be happy to help.

Nick771979's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Hi,

With respect if alternatives had been available why was I not offered these? I could understand that the 'provider' of the experience may not been offering the alternatives but Activity Superstore did not offer this 'alternative' when I rang to complain. Had you at the time done so a I wouldn't have any gripe would I?

Secondly the fact that your customer service team did not bother to reply to my complaint shows the disdain AS have towards those purchasing / using their products.

If you want specific details I am sure I could provide you with full details by email. If so please post your customer service email address. Thanks

Activitysuperstore's reply to Nick771979's Comment

Written on: 08/06/2016

Good morning,

The alternatives would have been available to you, we direct all customers to our online booking page, and all the information for the alternative tea would have been located on there, including the telephone number you would have needed to book this.

If you did call us, and this was not mentioned, this is something we would need to look in to further.

Please feel free to contact us using the information at the top of the page so that we can investigate further for you.

Regards.
Activity Superstore

“AVOID The Activity Superstore”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by Monique138 (1 review written)

I just tried to book a day out with Activity Superstore. Its a truly awful experience. I've ended up not using the voucher, because the process is so unpleasant The ironic upshot being that if you'd like a pleasant experience, then you need to AVOID the Activity Superstore… Read Full Review

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am very sorry that the experience you had trying to book your voucher was not satisfactory. We do aim to make booking your experience as easy as possible both online & over the phone and will try to accommodate wherever possible.

If the dates required are not available we do look to offer a suitable alternative.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details at the top of the page.

Shedwards's Comment

Written on: 08/06/2016

I can confirm that after having now spoken to 3 separate staff at Activity Superstore that their attitude to Customer Service gets worse the more that you speak to them

AVOID Activity Superstore.

Note: If a friend of family member buys you a gift via Argos, and the check-out assistant at Argos fails to tell them that they need to retain the receipt, then Argos and Activity Superstore WILL RETAIN YOUR MONEY BUT WILL NOT DELIVER THE SERVICE - They will do this, even though you have an voucher number in your pack, and even though they can see that it has not been used.

Note that Activity Superstore's method of selling vouchers is both precariously and conveniently balanced on a single vulnerable factor: that a minimum wage retail assistant in Argos (who is possibly 17years old, and possibly working part time), will actually remember to tell your friend or family member to retain the receipt. If they fail in this simple task, then your friend or family member will lose all of their money if they happen to pay using cash, and cannot prove the purchase (even though you have the voucher and the voucher code).

Hopeless for customers. Very profitable for Activity Superstore

BEWARE OF THIS TRAP

AVOID ACTVITY SUPERSTORE

Written on: 17/06/2016

Yes I am having major problems with them as well. Had to contact them 4 times when voucher did not arrive. Have asked for a refund but being refused. Very customer unfriendly...avoid !

“Activity superstore is the biggest scheme ever you...”

Written on: 21/03/2016 by andrew1992 (1 review written)

Activity superstore is the biggest scheme ever you buy the ticket there are no dates available they extend it still no dates available and then have the cheek to say you have to pay another 50 pounds the voucher already cost me 50 pounds so im paying full price for a discount voucher the girl on the phone has an attitude problem i hope everyone at activity superstore gets what they deserve karma is a you know what just like the representative on the phone do not ever buy anything from here… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to andrew1992's Review

Written on: 23/03/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We do not arrange the dates for our experiences, they are all given to us by the supplier that we use for the individual activity, and as stated in the terms and conditions these dates are subject to availability with different factors (i.e. time of year) having affect on this.

As there would have been dates available from when you received the voucher to the end of the extension period, we are unfortunately unable to extend your voucher free of charge for a second time.

The extension fee as stated in your terms and conditions is £20 for a further 6 months. If the voucher you have is promotional, these have a fixed expiry date that cannot be extended. In this circumstance, you would need to exchange your voucher to a non promotional activity before being able to pay the extension fee.

Please note if you exchange to something like cinema tickets, or a membership, these hold their own expiry date and can be used after the expiration date on your voucher.

While we understand you are frustrated about this matter, we do not appreciate the derogatory language in which you have used towards our staff.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to discuss this further.

Andrew1992's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 23/03/2016

Concidering your overall review on this site is 1.5 stars although i havent seen anyone put more than 1 star is in fact if you had an option for zero stars that would have been my actual choice as your paid to stick up for the terrible company that you work for i truely hope you do realise it is what it is. i have had to pay 50 pounds for a piece of paper as for the language your complaining about if your representive on the phone didnt speak to me in such a disrespectiveful tone perhaps i myself would have been more polite to round this up i know your company will carry on disappointing and stealing from hard working people i just hope that a few people will be rightfully warned off and you will not be able to profit from them again terrible terrible company hopefully karma catches uo with you

Phil602's Response to andrew1992's Review

Written on: 17/06/2016

Wish I had seen this before upgrading. Nightmare experience. I understand the "attitude" comment. Had to chase my voucher 4 times. So dissatisfied have asked for my money back. It's like a culture vacuum. The CEO does not respond personally and his staff, who I have the issue with pick up on his behalf. Very customer unfriendly indeed....

“Awful”

Written on: 20/03/2016

I got a 'Health Club Day Pass for Two' activity as a present which states that there is usually a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. The one I tried to book with had no idea about the existence of a voucher and said they only have a sauna which is currently broken. You can use the money paid for this for another activity but you can't use it for any special offers. These are the only ones remotely worth looking at since all of the other experiences I looked at were more expensive to buy on Activity… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/03/2016

Good afternoon.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to hear that the particular location you have chosen did not have all the facilities mentioned.

Unfortunately it is dependant on location as to which facilities out of the ones mentioned are available, and we will always try our best to book you in with a location near you that has all of amenities you require.

The exchange policy does exclude promotional vouchers but again we will always try to find a suitable alternative.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on the telephone number above if you wish for one of my colleagues to assist you in finding a replacement activity.

Activity Superstore

“50th Birthday Gift - lost with this awful company”

Written on: 05/02/2016 by Sarahreeder (1 review written)

After being treated to a WHSmith activity voucher for my big birthday I chose the English heritage membership and completed the codes online. To be told I will get an email confirmation but it could take three weeks to arrive. A month later tried to speak to them but got no where. Now I'm told I should if had an email which I then action and send to English heritage! No email and they actually told me when I activated the code but now consider it to if expired. Sorry to eveyone that contributed… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Sarahreeder's Review

Written on: 09/02/2016

Good morning,

Thank you for your time in leaving this review.

I am very sorry that you were unable to redeem your voucher in the allotted time frame, we do try and make the booking/redemption steps clear on our how to book page and it would have had instructions to print your form and return to English Heritage.

I can only apologise, but once a voucher has reached the end of its validity there is very little we can do, and unfortunately we are unable to reinstate expired vouchers.

We do take all customer feedback on board and do try and make the expiry date as clear as possible in both the terms and conditions and on the voucher itself.

Once again I thank you for your comments and am sorry we were unable to help on this occasion.

Phil602's Response to Sarahreeder's Review

Written on: 17/06/2016

Wish that I had read this before buying. It's very similar to my experience

“Different rules depending on what mood the operator”

Written on: 31/01/2016 by Elainetaylormayes (1 review written)

So I book a 2 night break for my daughter and her fiancé who is serving in the armed forces. They have a new baby and need a break away. I paid a £100 . Oops!! They discover they have another baby on way and now have 2 Babies under 1!! Time together is limited and daughter spends most time on her own with 2 babies until fiancé returns home. I suggest they use their voucher for a well deserved break! We discover the voucher expired December! Oh no!! But they have obviously had a challenging… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Elainetaylormayes's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

The option to extend your voucher for £20 for a further 6 months always stands providing it meets the requirements. If a voucher was purchased on promotion, unfortunately as stated in the terms and conditions it will have a fixed expiry date.

However, as I appreciate your circumstances on this occasion are outside the norm and something that we are usually very lenient towards (armed forces) I am happy to look in to this further if you can give us a call on the above telephone number.

Many Thanks,

Elainetaylormayes's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2016

Well have to thank her as she has actually extended the voucher for us and I and my daughter are really pleased that this matter has been dealt with and quickly too! So I will say thank you and appreciate your response

Phil602's Response to Elainetaylormayes's Review

Written on: 17/06/2016

Yes ...huge culture problem on my experience and it seems that the CEO is "unlikely to change" any of his staffs decision I was told.

I just want my refund as a dissatisfied customer

“Couldn't care less company who kept my £100!!! ”

Written on: 31/01/2016 by Elainetaylormayes (1 review written)

Activitysuperstore's Response to Elainetaylormayes's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry that this is the information you received. Being in the armed forces, as you stated, is considered extenuating circumstance within our company and is usually something we are very lenient towards.

If you would be kind enough to call us on the telephone number featured at the top of the page and ask for me, I would like to look in to this further for you myself and offer my help where I can.

“I've been robbed”

Written on: 28/01/2016 by Caldwell449 (1 review written)

Just a warning to everybody thinking of using activities superstore DONT. You pay for your items in my case £130 worth due to unforeseen circumstances unable to go so the validity date has passed by 27 days and when I rang to sort it out totally unhelpful and kept saying I have to pay £20 per voucher to add 6 months on to validity period,which in total adds up to me paying full price for vouchers again. There is no help whatsoever they just want money and that is it so be careful and stay… Read Full Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I do apologise that you were unable to use your voucher prior to the expiry date, however our terms and conditions do state if you require an extension there is a £20 administration fee for a further 6 months.

We do try and make the expiry date as clear as possible on the vouchers and we do re-iterate this again in the terms and conditions.

As the vouchers have now been disposed of there I'm afraid there wouldn't be anything we can do to further help you.

I apologise if this was not the response you were looking for.

270506Phill's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2016

I disposed of them because I was told I had to pay full price again for vouchers I had already purchased and so that is all they could help me with so as your company has taken £130 pounds of me and given me nothing does that not I HAVE BEEN ROBBED just because you have robbed me with the law on your side with the so called contracts spent make it right everyone can see how you make your money at no activity superstore by robbing your customers I will be warning as many people as I can and I suggest anybody reading this do the same.
Oh and thanks for getting back to me to tell me there is nothing you can do for me.

Written on: 04/02/2016

Dear Reviewer,

We do take all comments on board and appreciate any customer feedback that we get.

I do apologise that you feel this way however we do make the expiry date clear on the voucher and state in the terms and conditions the experience needs to be taken before this validity date.

If you did wish to take it further please put it in to writing and send it in to the address listed above.

Many Thanks,

Written on: 17/06/2016

Too late i bought before reading this....regrettably

“Keep well away from activity superstore, ”

Written on: 22/01/2016 by BelenVelez (1 review written)

A very bad experience paid near £200 fell ill 36 hrs before the event time, ended up in hospital due to unforseen circumstances and unexpected! They said i couldnt Arrange another date, but only if i pay an extra £73! Im noe in the process of setting up a site dedicated to the negative experince with this company, tell everyone not to bother word pf mouth is the best way to teach them a lesson. … Read Full Review

Written on: 25/01/2016

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to participate in your experience due to illness.

If you would like to contact me directly on the above telephone number I would like to look in to this further for you. With medical documentation, this can be looked in to and is something we will always try and resolve.

“Family photo shoot”

Written on: 20/01/2016 by steviej92 (1 review written)

Was given a voucher for a photo shoot. I rang up to arrange a date and had to leave a voicemail with my name and contact details for them to contact me. They said they would get back to me within 24 hours and had no phone call. I rang again and still nothing. Now my voucher as run out. Just seen this company on rip off Britain. (20th Jan 2016). Will not be buying off these and I'll make all my family and friends aware of it as well… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to steviej92's Review

Written on: 21/01/2016

Good Morning,

I sincerely apologise for the struggles that you had trying to get through to the supplier of your experience.

We have been made aware of some difficulties our customers have had with getting through and this is something that we have recently addressed in hope to see an improvement.

If you would be so kind as to call us on the local rate telephone number above, I will be more than happy to see what I can do for you even now that your voucher has expired.

Phil602's Response to steviej92's Review

Written on: 17/06/2016

Rip off Britain ???...now I understand why they will not refund me following such a poor experience !!!

“extreme frustration”

Written on: 10/01/2016

We got a voucher from our daughters for Christmas and choose to go to a Theatre. Frustration 1: It is not with any theatre, there are specific ones with the ATG group. Frustration 2: It is not for any show, just specific ones Frustration 3: once choose the show, it is not for any session, just specific ones (normally weekdays) Frustration 4: Voucher cannot be redeemed online, just through the phone. Frustration 5: Call center only available from 9:00am to 5:30pm Frustration 6: Call center… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the frustration you have experienced when trying to redeem your voucher. If you could kindly call me using the above contact number, I will gladly either try to book on your behalf or change your voucher to another activity that you may enjoy.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“My Mistake but no leeway with this company”

Written on: 06/01/2016 by 27Hagan (1 review written)

Be aware of the small print with this company!!! My daughter purchased an activity voucher for my birthday in January 2015 (For Two Mega Choice). I honestly thought that I had a year to book something but when I looked at the voucher it expired on 1/12/15. I contacted them when the voucher was only 2 weeks out of date. My mother had been ill and this resulted in me looking at their website so late, so I emailed them and asked if there was any possibility of a 24 hour extension due to my own… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to learn that your voucher expired without being registered. I regret that once the validity date has passed and the voucher remains unregistered, there is nothing we can do to input the expired registration on the system.

Given the circumstances I could look at selling you the same voucher at a reduced price, if you could kindly call me using the above number.

Written on: 17/06/2016

Yes...not at all customer focused. You would think after reading so many bad reviews they would make some improvements.

“AVOID THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 04/01/2016 by Coreyk166 (1 review written)

Dreadful company peddling vouchers that are near to impossible to redeem. If you need to talk to them - which you will as the website is RUBBISH - they charge you on a premium phone line. An extension to your voucher will cost you £20 and even then some of the activities are already fully booked. Hideous sales people and just a truly low-grade company… Read Full Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment when trying to redeem your voucher. I can confirm that all of our calls are charged at a local rate number and not a premium rate number. Furthermore we do ask that you pay a £20 extension fee if you have not used the voucher within the validity period which is clearly stated on the voucher itself.

If you would like to call us on the number provided above, I will gladly see if there is anything I can do for you.

Admin-Mum's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2016

Firstly your automated answer message clearly states you will be charged at a premium rate but you do offer a cheaper rate number except when you get through to that number there are two options and then you are cut off. I strongly suggest you listen to your own answer phone.

When I tried to extend my voucher I was told CATEGORICALLY by your team member that this was IMPOSSIBLE as it was a discounted voucher - it was a gift so I was unaware of cost. When I explained that the attraction that hosts Meet the Meercats at the HOP FARM is CLOSED for DEC & JAN and there was no availability during my voucher period your telesales person couldn't grasp the profound mis-selling that had taken place. You happily issue a voucher in OCTOBER 2015 for a six month period for an attraction that is SHUT FOR TWO MONTHS OF THIS PERIOD. You clearly don't care what you sell and to whom and your staff have NO UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR PRODUCT RANGE. The attraction runs two sessions a day and given it is aimed at children and was purchased for such so I was TOLD that I could go during the week!! Clearly your staff haven't heard of or even possibly attended SCHOOL!! I am hearing very similar tales of woe about your company. I wouldn't have had a problem paying for the extension (even though for this particular experience it's rich) but he was ADAMANT he couldn't do it. At the very least this is BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE and at the extreme you are just duping people.

Written on: 21/01/2016

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our comments.

I apologise that you were struggling to get through to us on our local rate number. If you call us please press option 3 to speak to one of our agents.

If you did wish for me to look in to this further for you, please be kind enough to give us a call on the above contact number and I will see if there is anything I can do to help.

Activity Superstore

“Avoid Activity Superstore. Buy direct from activity”

Written on: 03/01/2016 by WaitingForever (3 reviews written)

Had a voucher for historical towns and cities break. Found that you were extremely limited in the hotels available. Plus would not have chosen ANY of the hotels looking at the reviews on the internet. When I finally chose an hotel it seemed like they were only interested in us booking at an off peak time. Extemely disappointed in the hotel room we were given, other rooms looked nicer. Breakfast was good. I would suggest booking directly with the hotels. You are not limited with dates or… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to WaitingForever's Review

Written on: 25/01/2016

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

I do apologise that you did not find your hotel stay enjoyable. We do take all of our customers comments on board and it would be much appreciated if you could email us with your views on the experience and we will certainly look in to this with the hotel.

Activity Superstore

“Avoid Activity Superstore. Buy direct from activity”

Written on: 03/01/2016 by WaitingForever (3 reviews written)

Activitysuperstore's Response to WaitingForever's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry that you felt the hotels were limited and not to your taste, we do try our hardest to contract a wide range of hotels to suit our customers need and can only apologise that you did not feel that yours were met.

I will pass your feedback onto our relevant department and would like to thank you once again for taking the time to leave your comments.

Activity Superstore

“Website not working, can't redeem vouchers?!”

Written on: 29/12/2015 by petejc21 (11 reviews written)

Been trying to redeem a voucher I received but their website is not working? What is this, are they actually legit?… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to petejc21's Review

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you have experienced when using our website. I am not aware of any issues with our website, therefore please could I ask that you kindly call us using the above contact number and we will be happy to help further.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“Very poor customer service - Waste of money!”

Written on: 23/12/2015 by Susann129 (1 review written)

I can see from the other 272 negative reviews that I should never have purchased in the first place, and I don't need to be leaving a negative review. My voucher was expired by a very short time and they don't even care. Zero quality customer service. I was prepared to buy SEVERAL more deals from them, and they were not even interested. I strongly recommend you stay well clear!… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/12/2015

Dear Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry to hear that your voucher expired and that we were unable to assist you further. We do try our very best to ensure all customers use and take the activity before the expiry date, however once this date has passed, there is little we can offer.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me using the details provided above.

Written on: 17/06/2016

Exactly my sentiment. I wish I had not bought as well...shocking approach to their customers

“Stitch up”

Written on: 21/12/2015 by mahara (1 review written)

tried to book an afternoon tea, they asked for my postcode. Then sent me a list of locations i could use. closest was a 4 hour round trip. There were closer ones but they were cheaper than my voucher, even though i said this didnt matter they refused to let me use it at a closer location. tried talking with customer services who were just not interested. horrible company who are just tricking people so the vouchers go unused. should be investigated… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to mahara's Review

Written on: 22/12/2015

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am slightly confused by your review as we do not dictate where customers can attend their activity. You are given a list of our participating locations and can chose the one must suited to you. If you would kindly contact me using the details above, I will be happy to arrange the booking on your behalf.

I look forward to hearing from you to clear up this confusion.

Kind Regards.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“Twisted & cunning business model - poor customer pays !!”

Written on: 19/12/2015 by hpuse (5 reviews written)

If you want to write a case study of how twisted business models are designed- here is it - Activity Superstore Ltd(ASL). Firstly, what is it? It is just like a gift card in a nicely packaged magnetic box with 'instrutions' that sells through point of sales (mostly Debenhams). That is where the problem starts. Unlike a 'normal' gift card, this one cannot be taken straight to a service provider. You have to 'register' (via online or phone) and the receive the 'credit' from ASL to your account to… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to hpuse's Review

Written on: 22/12/2015

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry that you are unhappy with the process in place. We have tried to make this as easy as possible. We ask that customers register to confirm their choice of activity and it also allows them to receive the most up to date information. In regards to our administration charges, if you are unable to use the voucher within the validity period we would advise that you can extend the voucher at a fee as we mention in our terms and conditions.

We do take all customers feedback on board and I would like to thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments.

Hpuse's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2016

If you want to make the 'process' as 'easy' then please, simply provide a unique link (or URL) in the instruction box to make and manage the booking. Is that simple enough to 'design' ??

“Don't do business with this company”

Written on: 16/12/2015 by Dawnthedisillusioned (1 review written)

Ever wondered how a company can have 292 negative reviews but still be in business? Well obviously their dubious practices pay off!!! My mum purchased a voucher for my son. He really wanted a driving experience which required him to be 18. As his 18th birthday was within 12 months we weren't worried. When we came to book, despite it being within 12 months we discovered it had expired 12 days ago. I immediately contacted the company expecting a reasoned response, especially as it's very… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Dawnthedisillusioned's Review

Written on: 23/12/2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry that your voucher expired and we were not able to help you on this occasion, however I regret that once the voucher expires there is little we can do. We do feel the expiry date is made clear on all the packaging and on the voucher itself to try to ensure that customers do not miss the deadline.

It is unfortunate that customers tend to write bad reviews over good ones and I can assure you that this is a very small minority of the customers that we serve and provide experience days to.

Once again I am very sorry for your dissatisfaction.

Dawnthedisillusioned's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2015

Your comments don't make any sense! It doesn't matter that in your opinion you feel you make the expiry date clear your customers obviously do not!! Any company that ignores the views of its customers do so at their peril! If you really want to delude yourself that people only take the time to leave negative feedback then I would start getting your CV together because trust me when I tell you this company is going one way and only on way and it isn't up! No company can survive by continuing to deliver bad service and hiding behind the small print. Your customers are your business but sadly you are too blind to see it. I will personally go out of my way to tell others about the bad service I have received. It's surprising how bad news travels fast