Activity Superstore Reviews

• Facilities

Activity Superstore - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Activity Superstore

Activity Superstore

“50th Birthday Gift - lost with this awful company”

Written on: 05/02/2016 by Sarahreeder (1 review written)

After being treated to a WHSmith activity voucher for my big birthday I chose the English heritage membership and completed the codes online. To be told I will get an email confirmation but it could take three weeks to arrive. A month later tried to speak to them but got no where. Now I'm told I should if had an email which I then action and send to English heritage! No email and they actually told me when I activated the code but now consider it to if expired. Sorry to eveyone that contributed… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Sarahreeder's Review

Written on: 09/02/2016

Good morning,

Thank you for your time in leaving this review.

I am very sorry that you were unable to redeem your voucher in the allotted time frame, we do try and make the booking/redemption steps clear on our how to book page and it would have had instructions to print your form and return to English Heritage.

I can only apologise, but once a voucher has reached the end of its validity there is very little we can do, and unfortunately we are unable to reinstate expired vouchers.

We do take all customer feedback on board and do try and make the expiry date as clear as possible in both the terms and conditions and on the voucher itself.

Once again I thank you for your comments and am sorry we were unable to help on this occasion.

Regards,
Activity Superstore

“Different rules depending on what mood the operator”

Written on: 31/01/2016 by Elainetaylormayes (1 review written)

So I book a 2 night break for my daughter and her fiancé who is serving in the armed forces. They have a new baby and need a break away. I paid a £100 . Oops!! They discover they have another baby on way and now have 2 Babies under 1!! Time together is limited and daughter spends most time on her own with 2 babies until fiancé returns home. I suggest they use their voucher for a well deserved break! We discover the voucher expired December! Oh no!! But they have obviously had a challenging… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Elainetaylormayes's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

The option to extend your voucher for £20 for a further 6 months always stands providing it meets the requirements. If a voucher was purchased on promotion, unfortunately as stated in the terms and conditions it will have a fixed expiry date.

However, as I appreciate your circumstances on this occasion are outside the norm and something that we are usually very lenient towards (armed forces) I am happy to look in to this further if you can give us a call on the above telephone number.

Many Thanks,

Elainetaylormayes's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2016

Well have to thank her as she has actually extended the voucher for us and I and my daughter are really pleased that this matter has been dealt with and quickly too! So I will say thank you and appreciate your response

“Couldn't care less company who kept my £100!!! ”

Written on: 31/01/2016 by Elainetaylormayes (1 review written)

Activitysuperstore's Response to Elainetaylormayes's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry that this is the information you received. Being in the armed forces, as you stated, is considered extenuating circumstance within our company and is usually something we are very lenient towards.

If you would be kind enough to call us on the telephone number featured at the top of the page and ask for me, I would like to look in to this further for you myself and offer my help where I can.

“I've been robbed”

Written on: 28/01/2016 by Caldwell449 (1 review written)

Just a warning to everybody thinking of using activities superstore DONT. You pay for your items in my case £130 worth due to unforeseen circumstances unable to go so the validity date has passed by 27 days and when I rang to sort it out totally unhelpful and kept saying I have to pay £20 per voucher to add 6 months on to validity period,which in total adds up to me paying full price for vouchers again. There is no help whatsoever they just want money and that is it so be careful and stay… Read Full Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I do apologise that you were unable to use your voucher prior to the expiry date, however our terms and conditions do state if you require an extension there is a £20 administration fee for a further 6 months.

We do try and make the expiry date as clear as possible on the vouchers and we do re-iterate this again in the terms and conditions.

As the vouchers have now been disposed of there I'm afraid there wouldn't be anything we can do to further help you.

I apologise if this was not the response you were looking for.

270506Phill's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2016

I disposed of them because I was told I had to pay full price again for vouchers I had already purchased and so that is all they could help me with so as your company has taken £130 pounds of me and given me nothing does that not I HAVE BEEN ROBBED just because you have robbed me with the law on your side with the so called contracts spent make it right everyone can see how you make your money at no activity superstore by robbing your customers I will be warning as many people as I can and I suggest anybody reading this do the same.
Oh and thanks for getting back to me to tell me there is nothing you can do for me.

Written on: 04/02/2016

Dear Reviewer,

We do take all comments on board and appreciate any customer feedback that we get.

I do apologise that you feel this way however we do make the expiry date clear on the voucher and state in the terms and conditions the experience needs to be taken before this validity date.

If you did wish to take it further please put it in to writing and send it in to the address listed above.

Many Thanks,
Activity Superstore

“Keep well away from activity superstore, ”

Written on: 22/01/2016 by BelenVelez (1 review written)

A very bad experience paid near £200 fell ill 36 hrs before the event time, ended up in hospital due to unforseen circumstances and unexpected! They said i couldnt Arrange another date, but only if i pay an extra £73! Im noe in the process of setting up a site dedicated to the negative experince with this company, tell everyone not to bother word pf mouth is the best way to teach them a lesson. … Read Full Review

Written on: 25/01/2016

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to participate in your experience due to illness.

If you would like to contact me directly on the above telephone number I would like to look in to this further for you. With medical documentation, this can be looked in to and is something we will always try and resolve.

Regards,

“Family photo shoot”

Written on: 20/01/2016 by steviej92 (1 review written)

Was given a voucher for a photo shoot. I rang up to arrange a date and had to leave a voicemail with my name and contact details for them to contact me. They said they would get back to me within 24 hours and had no phone call. I rang again and still nothing. Now my voucher as run out. Just seen this company on rip off Britain. (20th Jan 2016). Will not be buying off these and I'll make all my family and friends aware of it as well… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to steviej92's Review

Written on: 21/01/2016

Good Morning,

I sincerely apologise for the struggles that you had trying to get through to the supplier of your experience.

We have been made aware of some difficulties our customers have had with getting through and this is something that we have recently addressed in hope to see an improvement.

If you would be so kind as to call us on the local rate telephone number above, I will be more than happy to see what I can do for you even now that your voucher has expired.

“extreme frustration”

Written on: 10/01/2016

We got a voucher from our daughters for Christmas and choose to go to a Theatre. Frustration 1: It is not with any theatre, there are specific ones with the ATG group. Frustration 2: It is not for any show, just specific ones Frustration 3: once choose the show, it is not for any session, just specific ones (normally weekdays) Frustration 4: Voucher cannot be redeemed online, just through the phone. Frustration 5: Call center only available from 9:00am to 5:30pm Frustration 6: Call center… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the frustration you have experienced when trying to redeem your voucher. If you could kindly call me using the above contact number, I will gladly either try to book on your behalf or change your voucher to another activity that you may enjoy.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“My Mistake but no leeway with this company”

Written on: 06/01/2016 by 27Hagan (1 review written)

Be aware of the small print with this company!!! My daughter purchased an activity voucher for my birthday in January 2015 (For Two Mega Choice). I honestly thought that I had a year to book something but when I looked at the voucher it expired on 1/12/15. I contacted them when the voucher was only 2 weeks out of date. My mother had been ill and this resulted in me looking at their website so late, so I emailed them and asked if there was any possibility of a 24 hour extension due to my own… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to learn that your voucher expired without being registered. I regret that once the validity date has passed and the voucher remains unregistered, there is nothing we can do to input the expired registration on the system.

Given the circumstances I could look at selling you the same voucher at a reduced price, if you could kindly call me using the above number.

“AVOID THIS COMPANY”

Written on: 04/01/2016 by Coreyk166 (1 review written)

Dreadful company peddling vouchers that are near to impossible to redeem. If you need to talk to them - which you will as the website is RUBBISH - they charge you on a premium phone line. An extension to your voucher will cost you £20 and even then some of the activities are already fully booked. Hideous sales people and just a truly low-grade company… Read Full Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment when trying to redeem your voucher. I can confirm that all of our calls are charged at a local rate number and not a premium rate number. Furthermore we do ask that you pay a £20 extension fee if you have not used the voucher within the validity period which is clearly stated on the voucher itself.

If you would like to call us on the number provided above, I will gladly see if there is anything I can do for you.

Admin-Mum's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2016

Firstly your automated answer message clearly states you will be charged at a premium rate but you do offer a cheaper rate number except when you get through to that number there are two options and then you are cut off. I strongly suggest you listen to your own answer phone.

When I tried to extend my voucher I was told CATEGORICALLY by your team member that this was IMPOSSIBLE as it was a discounted voucher - it was a gift so I was unaware of cost. When I explained that the attraction that hosts Meet the Meercats at the HOP FARM is CLOSED for DEC & JAN and there was no availability during my voucher period your telesales person couldn't grasp the profound mis-selling that had taken place. You happily issue a voucher in OCTOBER 2015 for a six month period for an attraction that is SHUT FOR TWO MONTHS OF THIS PERIOD. You clearly don't care what you sell and to whom and your staff have NO UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR PRODUCT RANGE. The attraction runs two sessions a day and given it is aimed at children and was purchased for such so I was TOLD that I could go during the week!! Clearly your staff haven't heard of or even possibly attended SCHOOL!! I am hearing very similar tales of woe about your company. I wouldn't have had a problem paying for the extension (even though for this particular experience it's rich) but he was ADAMANT he couldn't do it. At the very least this is BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE and at the extreme you are just duping people.

Written on: 21/01/2016

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our comments.

I apologise that you were struggling to get through to us on our local rate number. If you call us please press option 3 to speak to one of our agents.

If you did wish for me to look in to this further for you, please be kind enough to give us a call on the above contact number and I will see if there is anything I can do to help.

Activity Superstore

“Avoid Activity Superstore. Buy direct from activity”

Written on: 03/01/2016 by WaitingForever (3 reviews written)

Had a voucher for historical towns and cities break. Found that you were extremely limited in the hotels available. Plus would not have chosen ANY of the hotels looking at the reviews on the internet. When I finally chose an hotel it seemed like they were only interested in us booking at an off peak time. Extemely disappointed in the hotel room we were given, other rooms looked nicer. Breakfast was good. I would suggest booking directly with the hotels. You are not limited with dates or… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to WaitingForever's Review

Written on: 25/01/2016

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

I do apologise that you did not find your hotel stay enjoyable. We do take all of our customers comments on board and it would be much appreciated if you could email us with your views on the experience and we will certainly look in to this with the hotel.

Activity Superstore

“Avoid Activity Superstore. Buy direct from activity”

Written on: 03/01/2016 by WaitingForever (3 reviews written)

Activitysuperstore's Response to WaitingForever's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry that you felt the hotels were limited and not to your taste, we do try our hardest to contract a wide range of hotels to suit our customers need and can only apologise that you did not feel that yours were met.

I will pass your feedback onto our relevant department and would like to thank you once again for taking the time to leave your comments.

Activity Superstore

“Website not working, can't redeem vouchers?!”

Written on: 29/12/2015 by petejc21 (11 reviews written)

Been trying to redeem a voucher I received but their website is not working? What is this, are they actually legit?… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to petejc21's Review

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you have experienced when using our website. I am not aware of any issues with our website, therefore please could I ask that you kindly call us using the above contact number and we will be happy to help further.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“Very poor customer service - Waste of money!”

Written on: 23/12/2015 by Susann129 (1 review written)

I can see from the other 272 negative reviews that I should never have purchased in the first place, and I don't need to be leaving a negative review. My voucher was expired by a very short time and they don't even care. Zero quality customer service. I was prepared to buy SEVERAL more deals from them, and they were not even interested. I strongly recommend you stay well clear!… Read Full Review

Dear Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

I am sorry to hear that your voucher expired and that we were unable to assist you further. We do try our very best to ensure all customers use and take the activity before the expiry date, however once this date has passed, there is little we can offer.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me using the details provided above.

“Stitch up”

Written on: 21/12/2015 by mahara (1 review written)

tried to book an afternoon tea, they asked for my postcode. Then sent me a list of locations i could use. closest was a 4 hour round trip. There were closer ones but they were cheaper than my voucher, even though i said this didnt matter they refused to let me use it at a closer location. tried talking with customer services who were just not interested. horrible company who are just tricking people so the vouchers go unused. should be investigated… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to mahara's Review

Written on: 22/12/2015

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am slightly confused by your review as we do not dictate where customers can attend their activity. You are given a list of our participating locations and can chose the one must suited to you. If you would kindly contact me using the details above, I will be happy to arrange the booking on your behalf.

I look forward to hearing from you to clear up this confusion.

Kind Regards.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“Twisted & cunning business model - poor customer pays !!”

Written on: 19/12/2015 by hpuse (5 reviews written)

If you want to write a case study of how twisted business models are designed- here is it - Activity Superstore Ltd(ASL). Firstly, what is it? It is just like a gift card in a nicely packaged magnetic box with 'instrutions' that sells through point of sales (mostly Debenhams). That is where the problem starts. Unlike a 'normal' gift card, this one cannot be taken straight to a service provider. You have to 'register' (via online or phone) and the receive the 'credit' from ASL to your account to… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to hpuse's Review

Written on: 22/12/2015

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry that you are unhappy with the process in place. We have tried to make this as easy as possible. We ask that customers register to confirm their choice of activity and it also allows them to receive the most up to date information. In regards to our administration charges, if you are unable to use the voucher within the validity period we would advise that you can extend the voucher at a fee as we mention in our terms and conditions.

We do take all customers feedback on board and I would like to thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments.

Hpuse's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2016

If you want to make the 'process' as 'easy' then please, simply provide a unique link (or URL) in the instruction box to make and manage the booking. Is that simple enough to 'design' ??

“Don't do business with this company”

Written on: 16/12/2015 by Dawnthedisillusioned (1 review written)

Ever wondered how a company can have 292 negative reviews but still be in business? Well obviously their dubious practices pay off!!! My mum purchased a voucher for my son. He really wanted a driving experience which required him to be 18. As his 18th birthday was within 12 months we weren't worried. When we came to book, despite it being within 12 months we discovered it had expired 12 days ago. I immediately contacted the company expecting a reasoned response, especially as it's very… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Dawnthedisillusioned's Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry that your voucher expired and we were not able to help you on this occasion, however I regret that once the voucher expires there is little we can do. We do feel the expiry date is made clear on all the packaging and on the voucher itself to try to ensure that customers do not miss the deadline.

It is unfortunate that customers tend to write bad reviews over good ones and I can assure you that this is a very small minority of the customers that we serve and provide experience days to.

Once again I am very sorry for your dissatisfaction.

Dawnthedisillusioned's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2015

Your comments don't make any sense! It doesn't matter that in your opinion you feel you make the expiry date clear your customers obviously do not!! Any company that ignores the views of its customers do so at their peril! If you really want to delude yourself that people only take the time to leave negative feedback then I would start getting your CV together because trust me when I tell you this company is going one way and only on way and it isn't up! No company can survive by continuing to deliver bad service and hiding behind the small print. Your customers are your business but sadly you are too blind to see it. I will personally go out of my way to tell others about the bad service I have received. It's surprising how bad news travels fast

“Terrible customer services”

Written on: 15/12/2015

Missed the date by a couple of days and the company wouldn't extend the voucher even if we paid. Unhelpful, poor customer services… Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service you received, we do try our hardest to accommodate our customers, however once the voucher has expired I regret that there is little we can do.

I am sorry once again for your disappointment.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“Complete waste of time!!”

Written on: 01/12/2015 by Natisha (1 review written)

I was brought a voucher for a Christmas present (2014) whilst I was pregnant in the hope that I could get photos of my baby. We have had issue after issue with each step of the voucher. First when we rubbed off the voucher number there was nothing underneath so we had to get a copy of the receipt to take back to store to get a replacement which we had to argue to get a new one. Then once given a new one we went home to activate it only to realise they haven't given us a receipt so we were… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Natisha's Review

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the issues you experienced n the first instance when you were trying to validate the voucher. We do try to make the validation process as easy as possible, therefore can only apologise for the issues you encountered.

In regards to arranging a booking what happens for this particular activity is that you log your details with Barrett and Coe and they inform you of the closest location and get you in touch with the photographer. As the studios are contracted through Barrett and Coe and not ourselves we do not hold any of the photographers details, therefore you were given the correct information when you were advised to contact them directly.

In order to arrange the photo shoot that is now overdue, if you could kindly contact me on the details stated above, I will gladly try to arrange the booking on your behalf.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“no joy with customer services”

Written on: 26/11/2015

Will never advise anyone to book with this company. After my experience with trying to book a spa experience day and not getting any days that were free for the next two months. Voucher was now close to expiry. Questioned why I should have to pay for the extension as I had already paid nearly 100 pounds for the voucher. Activity Centre's customer services manger was so rude and could not explain why. I will be writing a formal complaint to head office… Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am extremely sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction since speaking with our team. I regret that all vouchers need to be booked and the activity taken before the expiry date whilst keeping in mind the relevant booking lead times. I can only apologise if the location could not offer you a date before your voucher expired and would be happy to look into this further for you, if you could kindly contact me using the contact details at the top of this page.

“Is this real?”

Written on: 25/11/2015 by ymHardy118 (1 review written)

It definitely could be a trick. I've been mulling over how to spend my voucher for a while. It was a gift, and I kept the voucher and the booklet that came with it. BUT....to actually claim my gift, I have to put in the activation code on the voucher, the security code on the voucher AND the transaction code from the till receipt (bought by my old mother 100 miles away). Who knows you have to keep the till receipt to validate a voucher that already has 2 codes on it? The only way… Read Full Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction at having been asked to provide the requested proof of purchase. This is a security measure we have in place for all of our packs sold in store and as such this is reflected on the packaging and should be verbally confirmed at the point of sale.

I hope you have been able to issue either a note on headed paper, a copy of the receipt or bank statement in order to register your experience.