Activity Superstore Reviews

• Facilities

Activity Superstore - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Activity Superstore

“Would NOT recommend!”

Written on: 29/11/2016 by MrDarcy14 (1 review written)

I was given a voucher as a present, but, unfortunately could not use it as the item that it had originally been purchased for. Over a few months I had phoned many times and was told that I could exchange it at any time for anything else on the website (I was NEVER informed it is not exchangeable for everything!) The voucher was valued at £34, and I decided to change it for a tea for two which was also £34. I tried to phoned and book a Sat for me and my daughter to use it at The Valerie… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to MrDarcy14's Review

Written on: 02/12/2016

Dear Reviewer

In regards to your recent review.

When it comes to exchanging the vouchers for an alternative we do state in our terms and conditions the follow information.

"Please note Activity Superstore promotional products, some tangible gift products and choice vouchers are excluded from the list of exchangeable products."

For the allocation for the venue I would like to confirm that all the venues and dates are subject to availability and we make this clear on our booking information.

Furthermore, I am very sorry that the location you chose was cheaper to go directly. As a third party company we have to take into consideration other costs, such as packaging, distribution and VAT. Also as the voucher you hold is a 'Afternoon Tea For Two', we have to have a price that covers all 100+ locations available within this pack.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback, we are always aiming to improve our products and customer service. If you wish to discuss this matter further, do not hesitate to contact us.

Joshua

“Use Buyagift instead!!”

Written on: 26/11/2016 by mattruss4 (1 review written)

Tried to book a go karting voucher, but didn't have availability within the voucher expiry date. Had the cheek to charge £20 as THEY couldn't fulfill the experience within the voucher date. Avoid this amateur company at all costs and use buyagift instead. Felt robbed… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to mattruss4's Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your taking the time to leave your comments.

We advertise our experiences as having booking lead times which is usually any where between 1 to 8 weeks. If you are calling outside of the booking lead time for your particular voucher it is unlikely we would be able to offer you dates before the voucher expires. We offer our customers the option to extend their voucher at a fee for a further 6 months to try and ensure every customer is able to take full advantage of the experience.

Mattruss4's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2016

Seems unfair that activity superstore are unable to fulfil the booking within the timescale and still expect the customer to pick up the fee.
I have tried to extend the voucher and the voucher number provided in the email confirmation is invalid according to your website.
Very poor all round!!

“Mediocre”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by 00Cocktail (1 review written)

I booked a double treatment for my partner and I at the Millbank Bannatyne Spa with an Activity Superstore voucher I was given. The voucher was for £50 and I had to pay an additional £179 for the treatment (so £229 in total). I had a body wrap and a facial and quite simply it is not worth the money. I have been to quite a number of Spa's around the world and this does not come anywhere close. The therapists were very pleasant but very average or less. Activity Superstore were pretty good at… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to 00Cocktail's Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you felt the treatments were not value for money and I will be happy to pass your feedback onto Bannatyne as we have no control over their pricing for the additional treatments customer purchase on the day.

“Afternoon cream tea”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by CeciliaAnderson (1 review written)

The process for booking rediculous. Only wanted to change my booking and far too complicated. Finally booked my tea for two only to get there and needed another voucher code so was turned away. 26 mile round trip for nothing. Phoned to complain and the only thing they could do was to say sorry. Never ever buy anyone a voucher from this company. Shocking customer service… Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to learn that you were turned away from your activity. However we do state that you must present the voucher on the day of the activity otherwise this may happen. It sounds as though you have exchanged your activity to another therefore should have received an E voucher before placing a booking with the afternoon tea venue to avoid any issues.

I can only apologise for the upset and inconvenience this caused, however hope you are now in possession of the voucher and are able to enjoy the experience.

“Bad experience”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by UrielRhodes454 (1 review written)

I have emailed about my experience on wed 16/11, suppose to reply within 48 hours, I have had nothing. My photo shoot was not as expected . Too far to travel, pushy sales pitch, bad experience. Expensive. Unprofessional . … Read Full Review

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Could I please ask which email address you used as we respond to all correspondence within at least 48 working hours. If you could kindly resend the email to my attention, I will happily look into this for you.

“I want my money back”

Written on: 20/11/2016 by nxMeier422 (1 review written)

it states on the box 30 activities to choose from. blatant lie. first of all the jazz café was fully booked on the dates I wanted. fair enough these things happen so I thought I would book a cocktail making experience, but no they've discontinued that one. no worries i'll book a vineyard tour but no that's not available, getting the hump now but i'll give it one more go. i'll book the smokehouse tour in east London, guess what? its been discontinued! what a farce! give me my money back but no… Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback. At the time of printing our information is correct however over the course of the vouchers validity things do unfortunately change such as experiences and locations. If you would contact me with your voucher details, I will gladly look at exchanging your voucher to something suitable.

“Very short lived”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by Garcia30 (1 review written)

Very short lived said 4 laps in the ferrari, only had 3 laps had to pay £20 extra for better insurance in case i damaged it family wasnt able to photos because the track was hidden away you had to pay extra to have your pictures printed never again… Read Full Review

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am sorry that you did not receive the full entitlement of your voucher, however in my experience it is usually 3 laps per car. If you could kindly contact me, I will gladly investigate further.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“Disgusting Company. Stay clear”

Written on: 11/11/2016 by Andy308b (2 reviews written)

Short story but when we tried to redeem a voucher the activity was no longer available. Having contacted their customer services they tried to upgrade our voucher for something else but we would have had to pay another £69 if we wanted it even though it was them that couldn't uphold what they had sold us. I declined and asked for a refund. Suddenly no reply to any of my emails and even when I emailed their CEO, he too ignored my email Avoid this Company at all costs… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Andy308b's Review

Written on: 16/11/2016

Firstly I would like to thank you for leaving your feedback.

I do apologise that you've experienced issues with your voucher.

If you wanted to exchange the voucher, the exchange service is free.
Charges would only apply if the item you would like to exchange to is of a higher value, then the difference would need to be paid.

If the experience that you had was no longer available, then options should have been offered to you, providing that you was in your booking lead time.

I do apologise that you did not receive a response back, I can confirm that our systems have been suffering some technical issues, meaning some emails have not been received.

Once again I do apologise.

Andy308B's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2016

Hi. Thank you for your reply
Yes my request was within my lead time and I certainly do not accept you had technical difficulties with email as I used 2 addresses including the one you were contacting me on. Also you would think that having offered me a dearer experience you would have followed that up if I hadn't replied or perhaps because I had replied but requested a refund on a product you could not supply you suddenly ignored my emails.
Disgusting customer service

“Treasure Hunt”

Written on: 30/10/2016 by simonwabbott (1 review written)

We received a voucher as a gift from my daughter. We were unable to book on line and had to call to register. Once we received our voucher via the post after a second phone call we tried to book on line and the phone number opposite the activity was a web site trying to sell the activity again. Clearly Activity Superstore are counting on people being so frustrated about trying to book their activity they give up leaving them with 100% profit and not having to pay VAT as the activity was not… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to simonwabbott's Review

Written on: 15/11/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I do really apologise that you have experienced issues with the validation process.

We do try to make this as easy as possible as well as provide a contact number if any additional help is required.

After validation has been completed we send a confirmation email out to you, this displays your next steps on how to book, along with locations.

I do apologise if you found this confusing, however we do provide our direct telephone number on each stage if any issues or complications may arise.

I would like to wish you a good time on your experience.

Simonwabbott's Response to simonwabbott's Review

Written on: 17/11/2016

We have decided not to take our experience as the system is so complex. Activating and taking the experience should be able to be done on line without telephones.

“Voucher is totally misleading”

Written on: 24/10/2016 by AmandaVic (1 review written)

I got a theartre trip for 2 as a gift. However when I booked, the voucher was actually £39 towards a theatre trip so I have had to pay quite an additional amount to enjoy the gift. I think the friends that got it for me would be upset to know this. I addition to the above trying to book the theatre trip took over two weeks. The phone is a premium rate number, I got put on hold lots, I was told I would have return calls and did not, the e-mail was automated and any communications were met with… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to AmandaVic's Review

Written on: 25/10/2016

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.
I do apologise for the disappointment caused.

We do state before purchasing that the £39 Regional Theatre and West end show voucher, that is it only money towards tickets.

We do also state this again at the point of validation.
I do really apologise that you feel this is misleading, we do try to state this in as many places as possible.

If you was unhappy with the voucher we do offer an exchange service, this would have allowed you to swap the activity to another product.

Kindest Regards and Sincerest Apologies,

Activity Superstore LTD

“BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY ”

Written on: 18/10/2016 by EmeryCollins (1 review written)

I'm due to go on my track day today. Supposed to be a happy day but instead I'm thoroughly hacked off that before I've even got on track I've had to pay a total of £50 because I wanted to do it at a weekend and for insurance which should be included in the price. This is rather embarrassing for my father who bought me the gift and it's pretty much ruined the experience. If I wanted to pay for it myself I would have bought it myself .. The idea of a gift is that it's something given to you that… Read Full Review

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am extremely sorry to learn that you were disappointed at having to pay more towards your activity.

Some of our experiences are restricted for weekday use, meaning the more popular weekend dates may come at a surcharge, which is advertised and should be discussed upon booking. Furthermore the damage waiver for this experience is an optional extra, which you can purchase on the day if you wish to.

In regards to the activity itself I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment, however we do advertise the length of time/ the amount of laps that are included in the experiences and any added extras, such as a memento of the day. If you feel you did not get the full experience as advertised, please kindly contact me and I would be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Activity Superstore LTD

“WASTE OF MONEY AND EMBARRASSING ”

Written on: 18/10/2016 by EmeryCollins (1 review written)

I'm due to go on my track day today. Supposed to be a happy day but instead I'm thoroughly hacked off that before I've even got on track I've had to pay a total of £50 because I wanted to do it at a weekend (?!?!!??) and for insurance which should be included in the price. This is rather embarrassing for my father who bought me the gift and it's pretty much ruined the experience. If I wanted to pay for it myself I would have bought it myself .. The idea of a gift is that it's something given… Read Full Review

“Gift that left us out of pocket”

Written on: 11/10/2016 by jss111 (1 review written)

My husband received a voucher for a brewery day for two as a gift. It cost £99. First problem, only one available brewery for 2, all others were for one only! Not what it said on the voucher. The brewery in question only opened on Fridays ... sometimes, the man on the phone didn't sell the experience at all so we decided to speak to AS and see what we could do. £20 to upgrade to 'reduced price' boutique hotel experience, time marches on and again very limited number of 'boutique hotels'… Read Full Review

I do really apologise you have had a bad experience.

With regards to the costs of our vouchers is to cover a number of locations as each venue has a unique direct pricing structure, We do have to allow for the fact that some venues are more expensive then others, however the quality of the experience remains the same.

To provide for all of these locations for potentially an 18 month period to use the voucher, as pricing with hotels fluctuate throughout the year, we do have to consider that in our own pricing .

Activity Superstore

“Diabolical service, would NEVER use again!!!”

Written on: 28/09/2016 by darrenltsb (1 review written)

We were given a theatre voucher as a gift for Christmas. We tried for about 3 months to book up the show we wanted to see. In this time we experienced differing information from each person we spoke to, promised call backs that never came and a total lack of proffesionalism. We were offered alternative choices that were pointless even though they knew the circumstances. Only by emailing the ceo did we get a proper response from the customer service manager. He was the only one that was… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to darrenltsb's Review

Written on: 03/10/2016

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am extremely sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have experienced when trying to book a show. I have spoken with our customer service manager, who has been in contact with you over the past few days and I understand the issue has now been resolved.

I appreciate your frustration in the matter and can assure you that we take on all feedback we receive in order to improve our services and experiences.

If you would like me to assist you with anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“No 'unique places to stay'”

Written on: 27/08/2016

My husband bought me a 'unique places to stay' voucher for christmas giving B&B for 2. This was a really thoughtful gift but turned out to be a nightmare to book. It's not easy to work out time away with 2 kids and you are required to book 2 weeks in advance. When we actually looked there were only 5 places within easy driving distance for us to go. 2 of them were windmills but the rooms were actually in motel-like buildings adjacent. None of the places were that 'unique' and when looking for… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/09/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulty you had when trying to find a suitable location and make a booking.

We do try to make the locations available for each experience as clear as possible before purchase, to avoid disappointment with where they are situated. We also advise a booking lead time of 2 weeks to increase the likelihood of your desired date being available, especially if you are looking to book a weekend.

In regards to the Unique venues, I do apologise if they were not as you expected. Each of our locations available under this package have a unique selling point.

Furthermore, I am very sorry that the location you chose was cheaper to go directly. As a third party company we have to take into consideration other costs, such as packaging, distribution and VAT. Also as the voucher you hold is a 'Unique Places to Stay', we have to have a price that covers all 37 locations available within this pack.

Ria Stanley

Written on: 08/09/2016

Ria Stanley

“Dont even bother, the worst experience!!”

Written on: 22/08/2016 by charlottebrigden (1 review written)

The whole service is disgusting. Purchased the voucher from Argos, no indication that I would have to book in advance etc. When I validated the voucher I was told the experience is available Monday to Saturday however I would need to book the experience a week in advance, already pretty gutted as my partners birthday was the day after. I got through to customer services who was at first helpful, however I soon noticed that all of the available dates were Sunday and Monday, when I contacted the… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to charlottebrigden's Review

Written on: 26/08/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am very sorry to learn of the experience you received when trying to redeem your voucher. If there are multiple locations for one activity we do normally outline the details for the majority of locations, however we do state to check upon booking for specific dates or days of the week.

Furthermore I can only apologise if a supervisor was not available to you at the time of your request, you should have been offered a call back once a supervisor became available, so for that I would like to apologise.

Moreover you are correct you are welcome to exchange your voucher to another activity, within our restrictions as stated in our terms and conditions.

If you would like to contact me personally, I will happily see to your exchange for you to ensure you do not miss out.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Activitysuperstore's Response to charlottebrigden's Review

Written on: 26/08/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Activity Superstore Ltd

“Will not ever use again”

Written on: 11/07/2016 by TuckerWood (1 review written)

I wish I read the reviews before buying a voucher at Activity Superstore. I bought an experience for my husband's birthday for Sheepdog experience. When it came to booking the experience, the phone number wouldn't work. I later found out the number given by Activity Superstore was not the right one. I called Activity Surperstore and they offered to book the experience for me, which was kind of them but they were very inneficient and hard to get hold of. I had many tries and when I emailed them… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/07/2016

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear of the experience you received, this is not the level of service we expect our customers to receive and can only apologise that you have.

If you could kindly let me know your voucher number, I can look into this further for you.

“don`t purchase”

Written on: 06/07/2016 by SerenaDempsey426 (1 review written)

once paid for these experiences are shocking they make it almost impossible for you to actually receive the goods already paid for stay well away shocking… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2016

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to use your voucher. We do everything we can to ensure you can take part in your day and have options to exchange or extend the vouchers to ensure you are able to do something instead of wasting the voucher. If you could kindly contact us, we will gladly speak you through any options available to you.

Kind regards.
Activity Superstore Ltd

“Cancellation of contract issues”

Written on: 03/06/2016 by Nick771979 (1 review written)

For Christmas 2015 I was given a theatre and afternoon tea package which would allow me and my partner to see a show amd have tea at Browns in London. My partner and I have to work around 2 young kids so had to select a date well in the future (April 2016) to go and use the experience. Instructions are easy to follow and I get my code etc then ring to book only be told that the providers (not activity superstore) contract with Browns expires at end of March. Okay so you'd assume a further… Read Full Review

Activitysuperstore's Response to Nick771979's Review

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am ever so sorry about the disappointment caused in trying to book your activity.

I have looked in to this further for you, and can confirm that we unfortunately discontinued working with Browns as of 31/3/16. This was immediately replaced with an alternative location in London within 10 minutes walking distance. All of this information would have been available to see online on our booking information page.

Regrettably all locations have the right to discontinue at any point during the voucher validity, and we will always accommodate for offering an alternative. All information about this can be found in the terms and conditions.

If you did wish to discuss this further, I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Nick771979's reply to Activitysuperstore's Comment

Hi,

With respect if alternatives had been available why was I not offered these? I could understand that the 'provider' of the experience may not been offering the alternatives but Activity Superstore did not offer this 'alternative' when I rang to complain. Had you at the time done so a I wouldn't have any gripe would I?

Secondly the fact that your customer service team did not bother to reply to my complaint shows the disdain AS have towards those purchasing / using their products.

If you want specific details I am sure I could provide you with full details by email. If so please post your customer service email address. Thanks

Activitysuperstore's reply to Nick771979's Comment

Written on: 08/06/2016

Good morning,

The alternatives would have been available to you, we direct all customers to our online booking page, and all the information for the alternative tea would have been located on there, including the telephone number you would have needed to book this.

If you did call us, and this was not mentioned, this is something we would need to look in to further.

Please feel free to contact us using the information at the top of the page so that we can investigate further for you.

Regards.
Activity Superstore

“AVOID The Activity Superstore”

Written on: 02/06/2016 by Monique138 (1 review written)

I just tried to book a day out with Activity Superstore. Its a truly awful experience. I've ended up not using the voucher, because the process is so unpleasant The ironic upshot being that if you'd like a pleasant experience, then you need to AVOID the Activity Superstore… Read Full Review

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I am very sorry that the experience you had trying to book your voucher was not satisfactory. We do aim to make booking your experience as easy as possible both online & over the phone and will try to accommodate wherever possible.

If the dates required are not available we do look to offer a suitable alternative.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details at the top of the page.

Kind Regards,

Shedwards's Comment

Written on: 08/06/2016

I can confirm that after having now spoken to 3 separate staff at Activity Superstore that their attitude to Customer Service gets worse the more that you speak to them

AVOID Activity Superstore.

Note: If a friend of family member buys you a gift via Argos, and the check-out assistant at Argos fails to tell them that they need to retain the receipt, then Argos and Activity Superstore WILL RETAIN YOUR MONEY BUT WILL NOT DELIVER THE SERVICE - They will do this, even though you have an voucher number in your pack, and even though they can see that it has not been used.

Note that Activity Superstore's method of selling vouchers is both precariously and conveniently balanced on a single vulnerable factor: that a minimum wage retail assistant in Argos (who is possibly 17years old, and possibly working part time), will actually remember to tell your friend or family member to retain the receipt. If they fail in this simple task, then your friend or family member will lose all of their money if they happen to pay using cash, and cannot prove the purchase (even though you have the voucher and the voucher code).

Hopeless for customers. Very profitable for Activity Superstore

BEWARE OF THIS TRAP

AVOID ACTVITY SUPERSTORE

Phil602's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2016

Yes I am having major problems with them as well. Had to contact them 4 times when voucher did not arrive. Have asked for a refund but being refused. Very customer unfriendly...avoid !