Activity Superstore Reviews

• Facilities

Activity Superstore - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Activity Superstore

“Afternoon tea colchester”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by awil (2 reviews written)

Treated my mum and sister in law to afternoon tea a few days before my wedding. Get the voucher was easy and delivered really quickly. Gave me all the details of where I could attend and the contact numbers. Booked in without any issues, was week days only but went on Good Friday so work out ok. Had a wonderful tea with superb cakes and a wonderful selection of cakes. My mum hates tea but was offered coffee instead for free, was very impressed and going again in October. Would have cost more… Read Full Review

“Afternoon tea colchester”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by awil (2 reviews written)

“Dreadful voucher scheme for Hotels - book direct cheaper!!”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by nic104 (1 review written)

I bought one of these vouchers - two night getaway for two, full price £199.00 (which I would not have paid) BUT it was on offer at £99 - for my husband for his birthday. We are very busy with work and other commitments so we chose dates, booked time off and tried to book a Hotel. No chance! After trying to book four for a Thurs & Fri evening in September with 5 different Hotels, I was advised they are either only available Sun-Weds nights or not available June - Sept. Of the 30+ Hotels… Read Full Review

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Response to nic104's Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

Dear Nic104,

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your voucher and I can see that you have already raised your concerns with our customer service team. We did contact the hotels and advised you of the closest hotels that had availability for the dates you originally requested in September.

You are able to view all the information in regards to your packs locations and the availability prior to registering your voucher with us, by visiting the website advertised in your pack. This break is available on selected days or months throughout the year subject to availability, restrictions may apply to certain properties, days of the weeks and months of the year. Your particular voucher has 33 locations of which 5 locations are in Scotland and the rest are spread across England.

I see that we have addressed all of the points raised in your correspondence to us and am happy to see that you have now booked in for you your Two Night Getaway experience with your new dates, I hope that your enjoy your stay in September.

Activity Superstore

“Half day off road experience”

Written on: 03/08/2014 by Drewte1987 (1 review written)

Following one booking being cancelled, I turned up 45 minutes early for next booking. Was given wrong venue details and told it was too late to catch up with group at correct venue. Day wasted!… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/08/2014

Dear Drewte1987,

I am very sorry to hear of the trouble you have faced when trying to participate in your experience and that this may have been due to incorrect information about the venues location.

We obviously take this very seriously and wish to provide customers with the correct information in order to attend their experience. If you could please contact us via the ‘contact via email’ at the top of the page with your contact details, voucher number and we will look into what has occurred.

Activity Superstore

“what a fiddle be carefull use someone else please”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by motorman1 (1 review written)

My daughter booked me an experience day driving a 4*4, booked it no problem a few days before i was due to go the 4*4 company left me a message telling me they had cancelled it due to not enough interest they would confirm with an e-mail and i should re-book. I never got the e-mail and when i tried to re-book with activity store they said it was to late. When i complained they said it was there fault as they had spelt my e-mail address wrong but i was still to late. What a fiddle be careful… Read Full Review

Motorman1's Response to motorman1's Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

Its completly true dont use All Terrain Services

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Response to motorman1's Review

Written on: 04/08/2014

Dear Motorman1,

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your 4 * 4 voucher and the service you have received.

Due to circumstances beyond ours and the experience providers control sometimes experiences have to be cancelled, we endeavour to contact any customer that are affected as soon as possible and arrange to rebook their experience within the voucher validity.

Normally a customer would be rebooked for the experience when contacted about the cancellation. I am sorry to learn that this has obviously not been the case.

If you could please contact us via the email address at the top of the page with your contact details, voucher number and we will look into this for you.

“Horrendous”

Written on: 24/07/2014 by GlennHolmes180 (1 review written)

Truly awful company! This was a birthday present and myself and partner spent lots of time picking the right experience which happened to be the lion king west end theatre show. It was clearly advertised on their website as part of their deal so we went ahead , validated the voucher and booked hotels, days off work etc. unfortunately when we went to actually book they had taken the lion king off their offer without any explanation! I rang and emailed them numerous times only to be given the… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

Dear GlennHolmes100,

Thank you for your review.

I am really sorry to hear that you are so dissatisfied with your gift experience given to you as a birthday present.

When you validated your gift experience the information provided to you at that time was correct as The Lion King was available. Due to the nature of our experiences and that theatre shows can discontinue and change which is why we advise on the experience information page that all shows will be subject to availability and change and to check for an up-to-date list at the point of booking. We would advise customer not travel or accommodation arrangements until they have booked and receive confirmation of their experience encase we are unable to accommodate their request.

Unfortunately the Lion King was removed from our West End Theatre Experience for Two on the 30th June 2014 due to our supplier no longer being unable to provide us tickets to the show. We promptly remove The Lion King from all of our bookings pages so that customers were aware that the show was no longer available. I can understand your disappointment and we are also sadden to not be able to provide The Lion King anymore as it is a very popular show but is something beyond Argos and our control.

Activity Superstore.

“Also selling as greatdaysout.ie AVOID!!!”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by Lynchzk313 (1 review written)

Poor customer service. Found the offers very misleading dates and days are very restricted got a pamper day for two can't be used fri-sun or during summer. No help. Poor service and could care less about customer satisfaction… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/07/2014

Dear Lynchzk313,

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your voucher. If your voucher was purchased directly from Great Day Out you would have been able to view all the information in regards to the Pamper Day for Two experience prior to purchase. The information on the website clearly states that this particular experience is available on selected week days, all year round, excluding July and August at certain spas. I am sorry if this information was overlook before purchasing the voucher.

We are happy to make refunds on unbooked experiences bought direct from Great Days Out within 28 days of purchase. Refunds cannot be issued once a date has been booked with the provider or the 28 days have passed. You would need to return your original voucher to us in order to proceed with a refund.

If we can be of any further assistance please contact us via the email address at the top of the page with your contact details, voucher number and we will look into this for you.

“USELESS vouchers ”

Written on: 24/06/2014

I was given a photoshoot voucher worth £20. There are no Barrett and Coe studios in South Manchester, the nearest studio was based in Warrington. I called up trying to arrange for a photoshoot, they requested for a £25 deposit to reserve the slot and this will only be refundable to me IF I go back to collect the photos!!!! Ie, I have to make 2 trips to Warrington just to redeem the £20 voucher. Does not make any financial sense to me. Best to give CASH as gifts rather than buying activity… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

Dear Reviewer,

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your voucher.

We do try to offer a balance of locations around the country and offer suitable locations for as many customers as possible. If a voucher was purchased directly from our website we do advertised the towns and counties in which the voucher can be used.

The locations charge a fully refundable deposit so that they can reserve the booking, cover the booking if a customer does not attend or for any costs incurred if the customer does not collect their images.

If you have not used the voucher and it has not expired you are welcome to exchange the voucher to something more suitable. The voucher can be exchanged only once for another Voucher, up to the face value stated on it. The new voucher will hold the same expiry date. Please note Activity Superstore promotional products and tangible gift products are excluded from the list of exchangeable products.

If you would like us to look into this option for you please contact us via the email address at the top of the page with your contact details, voucher number.

Guess1001's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2014

I replied back and below is the email from activity superstore - utter waste of my time!!! I can't even exchange this voucher with a box of chocolates, this voucher is worth £20, they are probably hoping that I'll spend more money to buy a more higher value "experience". Steer clear from this company, I wish there were regulators that I could complaint to!

extract: I am sorry to hear that you are unable to use the voucher due to the locations being too far away.

However I regret that we are unable to exchange to the requested item of chocolates as we have a few restrictions when exchanging, with tangible items being one of them. We are also unable to exchange to experiences currently on offer.

You are however more than welcome to exchange to any other activity offered excluding the items mentioned above. If you would like to take up this offer of exchange, please kindly return your current voucher along with a covering note to the below address......."

“SHOCKING BEYOND BELIEF”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by Loubles13 (1 review written)

Where do I start!! Not sure if it’s reassuring or not that there also so many other bad reviews and it wasn’t just myself who had a bad experience or whether it’s really upsetting that they still provide THE worst customer service! A few things happened to me; 1. Received a voucher in October and expired December in the same year and, therefore, only had 2 months to redeem - Activity Superstores website T&Cs states the minimum validity period will be 9 months! However, because… Read Full Review

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Response to Loubles13's Review

Written on: 12/06/2014

Dear Loubles13,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very sorry to hear of the upset that has been caused with regards to your registration pack.

Our experiences are available throughout the year in numerous retail stores and depending on when the gift is purchased does mean that the length of validity varies.

Could please be kind enough to contact us on the above telephone number or email address with a reference number as I would like to review this so I can see who you spoke to, to ensure you have been advised correctly or if there is anything more I can do.

Once again I am sorry for your disappointment and the service you have received from our company. I look forward to hearing from you to see if I can help in anyway.

Loubles13's reply to Activity_Superstore_Representative's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2014

After emailing Activity Superstore, following above comment, I got the same reply back from when I made the initial complaint!
Useless!
Feel even more deflated and highly disappointed again with their level of customer service! I can see why they've only got 1.5/5 on the Review Centre and Red Letter Day has 4.5/5!
Already passed it on to Watchdog as morally I think it's outrageous that they are happy to spend my money and go against their T&Cs! Will now be passing on my disappointed to Boots and Debenhams!

“Easy To Use, No Problems At All”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by SteveinSurrey (1 review written)

My girlfriend bought me a voucher to spend a "Day With An Equine Vet" as part of my 50th birthday. I found it very easy to redeem my voucher a had my day on 10th June 2014. The only place this activity takes place is in Doncaster, but this is highlighted on the website so we had no nasty surprises in relation to this, and had 3 days away as we live in Surrey. On arrival (8.30am) at the veterinary centre I received a friendly greeting from the advisor and was pleased to find that they were… Read Full Review

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Response to SteveinSurrey's Review

Written on: 12/06/2014

Dear SteveinSurrey,

Thank you for your recent review.

I would like to thank you for your feedback, really glad to hear that you had such a good time on your experience of Day With An Equine Vet.

Activity Superstore

“Customer service is diabolical.”

Written on: 21/05/2014 by KimEY1 (1 review written)

Easy to buy voucher for weekend away with my sister, and delivery prompt. Booked on-line into lovely hotel, which was run by a lovely couple. Then things went wrong. Although we booked via the links on the website, and used out voucher code to complete the booking, when it came to it, the website had directed us to a hotel not included on our list of places to stay, making the voucher invalid. The hotel owner tried in vain to get through to the Activity superstore, to no avail. We ended up… Read Full Review

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Response to KimEY1's Review

Written on: 23/05/2014

Dear KimEY1,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experience when attending your gift break and the events that have occurred thereafter.

I can see that you raised your concerns with us and we have refunded the voucher in full. Our refunds can take up to 21 working days, from the point of us receiving a customer’s BACS details. I can only apologise that we exceeded this time frame and the frustration this has caused.

I can see that we had requested clarification of the address in which you wished the Health Club Day pass to be dispatched to, hence the delay, this has now been issued and this should arrive with you shortly.

Once again I am sorry for your disappointment and the service you have received from our company. Your experience has fallen below the high standard of service normally provided to our customers.

Activity Superstore

“not a pleasent experience”

Written on: 20/05/2014 by Dulcew416 (1 review written)

Agree with other comments. O.K so I had misplaced my voucher but in this high tech age why can they not offer a refund or a reprint?. Worst of all as 'a goodwill gesture' they offered me 15% off the next purchase-the same discount freely available on the web! Better to keep your really useful vouchers (i.e. the folding stuff) and just buy direct. Cheaper, simpler, more choice and cutting this unnecessary middle man out… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/05/2014

Dear Dulcew416,

I am very sorry to hear that your voucher has been lost and you were unable to use your gift voucher.

Unfortunately if a voucher is lost or misplaced, we regret vouchers cannot be replaced as outlined in our terms and conditions. This is mainly due to the fact that when a gift experience is registered a monetary voucher is dispatched; as such the voucher is like cash to give to the supplier of the experience as payment.

Bernie56's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2014

I strongly disagree, it isn't a money voucher in real terms until its cashed in by the supplier. You must be able to cross reference the voucher as its time dated anyway. By definition a lost voucher must be pure profit to you as no supplier has had any cash from it. I was told that if I had said the voucher was lost in the post I would have been able to get a refund. So much more honesty. Your silence on the derisory 15% discount as recompense is also very telling.

“Bad idea for a gift”

Written on: 17/05/2014 by ZaraBragg329 (1 review written)

I was given a present of "a vineyard lunch experience for 2" from these jokers. Unfortunately its proving more hassle than its worth. Firstly the expiry date is inaccurate and misleading. It was due to expire 1 March 2014, i.e. 1 year after purchase. However when I went to book it I was told that all the tours finish in sept /oct. So there were no tours available to book and be eligible before 1 march - so like many others who have reviewed here, I was forced to pay another £20 to extend it… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/05/2014

Dear ZaraBragg329

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your voucher.

You are be able to view all the information on our website in regards to the experience availability and locations prior to purchasing any of our an experience. We do advise customers to check the season of any intended activity, as this may be shorter than the voucher validity. Our vineyard experiences generally take place between May to October (depending on location). You would have also been able to view all the information in regards to your experiences availability, booking lead times and locations, by visiting the website advertised in your voucher pack once received. I am sorry you feel this information was not made clear to yourself.

If the experience is no longer suitable the voucher can be exchanged only once for another Voucher, up to the face value stated on it without incurring a fee. An administration fee of £20 is only payable for a second and final exchange, (as no more than two exchanges in total are permitted). A difference is payable if the chosen activity costs more than the face value of your original Voucher and the value of your Voucher will be increased. If your chosen activity is cheaper, we will hold the difference as a credit against another activity. In this case, the credit holds the same expiry date as the original Voucher. We request that original vouchers are returned before the new voucher is dispatched as the voucher holds a monetary value.

Once again I am sorry that you feel that this has been a frustrating process and if we can be of any further assistance please contact us via the email address at the top of the page with your contact details, voucher number and we will look into this for you.

“Not worth it ”

Written on: 08/05/2014 by Marianna26 (1 review written)

My partner bought me a rally race for my birthday in June 2013 I rang up a few weeks before my voucher was to expire to find that not only do you have to book the experience but u have to complete it before it expires and of course there were no spaces before my voucher expired so I had no choice but to pay £20 to extend it. My voucher now expires on June 30th 2014 but I am 6 months pregnant and cannot complete the rally race as it is too dangerous so I've had to exchange it for something… Read Full Review

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Response to Marianna26's Review

Written on: 09/05/2014

Hi,

Firstly we would like to congratulate you on your impending arrival.

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your voucher. The expiry date of the 1st December 2013 would have been visible on the packaging before the experience was purchased and it is also clearly printed on the registration card. The Terms and Conditions do advise that the experience has to be registered, booked and taken prior to the expiry date. All of this information is reiterated in the Activity Information Booklet and in the Terms and Conditions which would have been included with the pack. I can see that your voucher was registered with us on the 3rd December 2013, after the expire date but a gesture of good will we did allow a grace period until the 30th December 2013 to extend the voucher which would have otherwise been invalid.

I am sorry that the experience is not longer suitable and that is why we allow customers to exchange their voucher for something more suitable from the Activity Superstore website excluding promotions and tangible items. We do not try to hide that our packages do sometimes cost more than the price you pay if you were to book directly with our venues. To give our customers a choice of locations we have to combine all of the price points throughout the year to create the RRP of the package.

I do hope that you enjoy your One Night Escape for Two experience

“Shockingly Bad”

Written on: 10/03/2014 by peStanley254 (1 review written)

These experience days are very complicated to redeem, have limited local options especially if you don't have a car - and they go out of date. Although my brother in law paid a substantial amount a year ago, because the vouchers are just a few days out of date (I've been having a baby!), they are now invalid. This company have ended up taking his money without providing any service whatsoever. DISGUSTING… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/03/2014

Firstly we would like to congratulate you on the arrival of your child.

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your experience day even to you by your brother in law. We do endeavour to make choosing and registering your experience as simple a process as possible.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to use your gift voucher. All of our experience packs have set expiry dates which are printed on the boxes and on the registration card. The gift experience does have to be registered, booked and taken prior to the expiry date. The terms and conditions that you receive with your voucher pack show that if you are unable to use your Voucher within the validity period, the Voucher can be extended while valid for a period of up to six months (excluding promotions), this does incur is a £20.00 administration fee.

Once again I am sorry that you feel that this has been a painful process and if you could please contact us via the email address at the top of the page with your contact details, voucher number and we will look further into this for you.

Activity Superstore

“PLEASE AVOID THERE ARE BETTER COMPANIES ”

Written on: 14/02/2014

Booked an experience in October 2013 to use in Feb 2014, we are unable to use our voucher even though it is booked before expiry date. Activity superstore do not want to know we are not worthy of speaking to because we got it on offer. company is very unhelpful would never use again this was a gift from family that has now been wasted… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/02/2014

I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to use your gift voucher.

All of our experiences have set expiry dates which are advertised before purchase and on the voucher. The terms and conditions that you receive with your voucher clearly advise that your experience has to be booked and completed by the expiry date. You can extend your voucher for a period of 6 months, whilst the voucher is valid but this excludes vouchers purchased on a promotional rate.

I am sorry if this information was not made clear to you.

“Zero Customer Services”

Written on: 25/01/2014 by ALDSM (1 review written)

Thank you for your business but you are now too late to redeem! It would appear that a lot of their supposed customers are not happy with the fact that they set a specific deadline for use of vouchers and if not used within this period then they expire the voucher. I was purchased a voucher as a leaving present from a previous employment. Due to numerous reasons I was not able to redeem within set period and so have now lost out, unable to go back and obtain any proof of purchase or resolve… Read Full Review

Activity_Superstore_Representative's Response to ALDSM's Review

Written on: 29/01/2014

Thank you for your review.

Please be assured that we do take customer feedback seriously and we have taken your comments on board.

Bernie56's reply to Activity_Superstore_Representative's Comment

Written on: 24/05/2014

Mnn...comments taken on board. Yeah, well, ah ha.

“NOT WORTH THE HASSLE”

Written on: 24/01/2014

Just found out if you are more than 4 weeks past the valid date you cannot use your voucher or pay to extend it. BETTER OFF GIVING CASH!!!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/01/2014

I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to use your gift voucher.

All of our experiences have set expiry dates which are clear at point of purchase and are printed on the voucher. The terms and conditions that you receive with your voucher pack advise that you must book and take your experience prior to the expiry date. If you are unable to use your voucher within the validity period, the voucher can be extended for a period of 6 months whilst the voucher is valid, this excludes vouchers purchased on a promotional rate, a £20.00 admin fee is payable.

I am sorry if this information was overlooked.

“Total rip off!!!!”

Written on: 14/01/2014

I bought a voucher for 'ultimate health and beauty' at a cost of £34  I went onto the activation website and chose a 'back neck and shoulder massage' it clearly stated that is was available in my area. I received the voucher which stated 'neck and shoulder massage' so I went onto the Beauty Guild website as the voucher was in their name and on their website it shows a neck and shoulder massage for £18 which is almost half of what I paid...not only that the nearest salon to accept my… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/02/2014

I am sorry to hear you have experienced difficulties using your voucher.

I can see that you raised your concerns with our customer service team and you have received a response from our Customer Service Manager in regards to the service you received and the direct cost of the experience. We feel that we addressed all your points raised in this correspondence and reached a satisfactory outcome, of which you happily accepted the offer of a full refund and compensation. We are sorry you still feel disappointed with your voucher.

Katib's Comment

Written on: 22/02/2014

Of course I am dissapointed with my voucher as I never got to use it! I wanted a 'back, neck and shoulder' massage as promised on your Website... not weeks of hassle to get a refund and £10 compensation which did not cover the costs of calls and recorded delivery....the voucher scheme is misleading and had I not bought the gift day myself I would not have been aware that I was being duped.....look at thereviews on this site it is the same story repeated again and again!

“Do not trust their testimonials pages!!!!”

Written on: 29/12/2013

On their own website the score 98% !! Amazingly on every independent review site they score next to nothing!! Tried to ring them but sat on a premium line listening to musing at 10p a minute gave up after 10 minutes then gave up. Save your selves a lot of hassle do not trust them or buy any of their products… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/12/2013

We are sorry you feel disappointed with your Activity Superstore experience. Our phone calls are charged at national rate of 8 pence per minute, if calling from a land line. Our call times have not exceeded 4 minutes during our peak period, our opening times are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays when we are closed.

We are aware of other review sites and we do monitor them closely and respond to any comments made, this is so that we can contact the customer and try to resolve their issue. We booked over 75,000 customers last year so these other review sites reflect a very small portion of our customers. Our website uses an independent review company, Reevoo, who contact our customers to rate our service and give an impartial review of the experience. These scores and reviews are then directly uploaded to our website and are based on a larger selection of customers compared to the other review sites.