Ford Cortina Reviews

Ford Cortina - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Cortina

Ford Cortina
Ford Cortina

“I love Ford cortinas have had two myself! i have mk5...”

Written on: 24/02/2009 by danmachin (1 review written)

I love Ford cortinas have had two myself! i have mk5 1.6 modified as my everyday car and everyday it just brings a smile to my face, a great starter classic too for people with limited mechanical knowledge, as most repairs are simple un bolt bolt back on! get yourself one whil;e there still relatively cheap and save em from the crusher!!! you wont regret it! Easy mechanicals, great spares availability so easy to tune can still embarrass some much more modern cars hahaha great rear wheel… Read Full Review

1982Cortina's Response to danmachin's Review

Written on: 07/04/2013

Great I love how true I had five cortinas I own two good one sub great cars I have 1982 Cortina 2.0 Crusader blue of sliver. I have Cortina 2.0 GL 1981 with 9.500 miles on the clock I love them.

Before that I had red mark 4 Cortina 2.0 Ghia 1979 which was in the family for all but first 4 years of it's life.

Any great right up cheers now

“I am currently in the process of restoring a 1982 Ford...”

Written on: 31/12/2008 by Lukeashley 2323 (1 review written)

I am currently in the process of restoring a 1982 Ford Cortina on a Y reg 2.0 liter mk5 Crusader which is the saloon version its nice because it has the twin Weber carb on it but its just the rust problem it never seems to end but being honest I only paid £130 for it from Leeds and it had been stood for seven years it runs but on inspection today the starter motor has just frozen and is reluctant to turn over no matter what I do. But overall when it is done it will be a superb car with the red… Read Full Review

“Great classic car very reliable cheap to run easy to...”

Written on: 18/10/2008 by Mark Reed (1 review written)

Great classic car very reliable cheap to run easy to fix and gets more attention than a Jag. Mine is a MK 11 1969 1600E wounderful car swift cool and they, dont make them like this anymoore… Read Full Review

“I love Ford Cortinas to bits and would buy more if had...”

Written on: 01/04/2008

I love Ford Cortinas to bits and would buy more if had space to store them all. They are so easy to fix when they do get little faults on the hole super cars love them. Cortinas are great cars very easy to work when they do go wrong which is not very often. Had my last Cortina 24 years all told real gear car 2.0 ghia mk4 only broke down 4 time in 24 years. I now own 2 more Cortinas super cars 2.0 GL with 7500 miles on clock from new and 70.000 miles on the clock from new 2.0 Crusader saloon… Read Full Review

“Super cars I still own one and I am buying another...”

Written on: 09/03/2008 by Crusaderman (1 review written)

Super cars I still own one and I am buying another both are in great nick the I have now as just 7.410 miles on the clock from new. And I am buying 1982 Cortina Crusader this week all my Cortina bar one have been 2.0 litres this one picking up Wednesday has done 69.860 miles from new… Read Full Review

“I just love the Ford Cortina. Mine is a Ford Cortina...”

Written on: 19/11/2005 by chrisdarmanin (3 reviews written)

I just love the Ford Cortina. Mine is a Ford Cortina Mk2 from 1969, and it's also my first car. It can go anywhere, and can carry anything since it's so large. Everything is original. It is not built for high speed though… Read Full Review

“When i first got my cortina i threw away the bumpers...”

Written on: 25/04/2003 by des. (1 review written)

When i first got my cortina i threw away the bumpers to give it the street look (helps parking too).Next off came the steering wheel and on went a cool matt black halford's sports steering wheel. Raised the already respectable 55 bhp to 56.7 bhp by removing the air filter. To handle all this extra oomph i raised the back end by 2 feet and fitted extra wide cross ply firestones and hammered out the arches and put new fibre glass ones in place.(only primered at the moment). side pipes are next to… Read Full Review

96397_A Hard Core Reliant Driver.'s Response to 92052_des.'s Review

Written on: 10/05/2003

A true classic as my Robin Reliant [check my review] and one of the best ranking with the review of the Riva 1500,Micra 1.0L. We few have the real cars here and I dig that street look you are on about my robin has a new whitewall front tyre the lasses they love it and i bet you pull all the time in your classic dream machine ,man i wish i had four wheels three wheels are great for corners but not so good when thers 12 lasses in the back.

Sunnyside's Response to 92052_des.'s Review

Written on: 29/06/2005

I had a 1.6 Mk IV a few years back. Someone gave it to me... even had a full tank of petrol. It was a fetching shade of beige and went like a tank. I loved it, but you are right about the key problem.
I used to leave it in a car park at the end of the street, and one morning I came to it to find the driver's door open. The interior was strewn with food wrappers, and it had clearly been slept in. What made me laugh was that whoever had broken in had not stolen the switch card which was lying on the floor of the passenger side. Maybe he thought that anyone with a Cortina didn't have any money anyway!
<br>
<br>I gave it away a few months after that, because I wasn't using it enough. Happy days.

113476_Musk.'s Response to 92052_des.'s Review

Written on: 06/07/2003

Sounds like your making a good car even better.The sort of mods we used to do in the 70s.A set of Leopard skin seat covers should set it off (fake of course)Old Fords never die they just get Faster!