Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel Reviews

Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel

Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel
Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel

“A great place to go for a relax for a week, Taba is in...”

Written on: 16/01/2007 by Vanessa Tolson (1 review written)

A great place to go for a relax for a week, Taba is in the middle of nowhere and the airport is awful.
Not much to do in Taba, so if you want action go to Sharm.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone… Read Full Review

“Please go, we are returning again next year. My son...”

Written on: 12/07/2006 by paulinekay (1 review written)

Please go, we are returning again next year. My son said the diving is almost as good as at the Maldives. You will not be disappointed. If you can make your own entertainment GO!… Read Full Review

“The Hyatt Regency Hotel in Taba is perfect for a...”

Written on: 05/07/2006 by triggermike (1 review written)

The Hyatt Regency Hotel in Taba is perfect for a relaxing holiday. Make sure you get your Visa from the tour rep at the airport when you land if you plan to travel to Cairo - £10 plus £5 handling fee.

Do the 2 day Cairo trip through Longwood at the hotel for £105 each. It is really good. Although it is a 6 hour coach ride, which is a bit hard.

I'm planning to go again next March/April time as I enjoyed it so much!… Read Full Review

“I was a little apprehensive about going to Egypt prior...”

Written on: 17/06/2006 by J2daLeigh (2 reviews written)

I was a little apprehensive about going to Egypt prior to departing given the recent bombings in Dahab, but upon arrival I realised there was no need to have been worried. Security was excellent - lots of security checks on the way to the hotel and back to the airport again. The Hyatt Regency was a great hotel - the best in Taba from what we could see, and this was also the opinion of the the locals there. The accommodation and hotel staff were fantastic. Taba is about a 6 hour bus journey… Read Full Review

“Just returned from a week at the Hyatt Regency Taba...”

Written on: 02/03/2006 by Gina Hughes (1 review written)

Just returned from a week at the Hyatt Regency Taba Heights in Egypt. Had a great time and couldn't really fault anything. The location, the food, the cleanliness, the service - I could not believe that 1 man alone (the man who cleaned our room every day) could be so tidy!! He left everything perfectly in its place! Folded clothes, and made the beds to perfection. I also highly recommend anyone going there to apply for a Gold Hyatt Passport online beforehand, as this gives you lots of… Read Full Review

Paulinekay's Response to Gina Hughes's Review

Written on: 25/04/2006

Thanks for the review, we have had our accommodation changed and we are going there in 6 weeks time. Where will I find the Hyatt website? what do I do, I am not very PC literate. Can you help?

Gina Hughes's Response to Gina Hughes's Review

Written on: 03/05/2006

Hi. It is best to email the hotel (via the Hyatt website) & tell them your booking details & give them your Hyatt membership card no so they can arrange room upgrades (request a sea view or lagoon room in your email). Also we took a few $1 dollar (US) to give out as tips to staff. When you pay your bill at the end of your stay for extras it will show in US dollars ($), however we also took some bottles of wine & beer with us as wine there apparently tastes like vinegar! Have a great time!

Paulinekay's Response to Gina Hughes's Review

Written on: 02/05/2006

Hello, I read your comments with interest. We are going to stay at the Hyatt in early June, I have been on to the internet and downloaded 3 Gold Cards (there will be three adults) How do we get a free room upgrade? Also what else can we get? Can you also tell me, if we book drinks/food etc. down to our rooms, what is the best by to pay for them ie credit card, sterling or euros, I have even heard that it could be best to take US dollars, can you help? Thanks

Gina Hughes's Response to Gina Hughes's Review

Written on: 28/04/2006

Hi, their website is:- http://taba.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/
or if you look on Google website & enter Taba Heights Hyatt Regency it will direct you in that direction. Hope you have a great time! It really is a nice place.

“We are planning our 4th holiday in 3 years at the...”

Written on: 20/02/2006 by scuba (1 review written)

We are planning our 4th holiday in 3 years at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
We have no complaints about the staff of the hotel - however the tour operators did leave our luggage behind on our Ciaro excursion therefore we missed out on Khal-elkhaliki (Ancient Bazzar) - making the journey across the desert one which we would have rather done without, although the museum was interesting, it was a hurried tour and not worth the bother. (Best to book a seperate holiday destination and not combine)
The… Read Full Review

“First of all before you go make sure you sign up for...”

Written on: 30/08/2005 by acer45 (3 reviews written)

First of all before you go make sure you sign up for the HYATT GOLD PASSPORT on the Hyatt Regency Hotel Website.

Just returned from a week at the Hyatt. Had a truly fantastic time. Worries about moody staff, unclean rooms, cockroaches and ants proved totally unfounded. I wonder why people make this stuff up?! - I'm very well travelled and this is my 5th time in Egypt staying in the best hotels and this one is up there with the best of them. However not quite as good as the Hyatt in Sharm El… Read Full Review

Paulinekay's Response to acer45's Review

Written on: 25/04/2006

Hi, we are going to the Hyatt in 6 weeks time, Airtours cancelled our original hotel Grand Azure LTI in Sharm all inclusive, with no reason for doing it except they are no longer dealing with the Grand LTI!! We could only get in at the Hyatt for half board. What do you mean by expensive food and drinks? As we are not only half board, is it going to cost us an arm and leg to have a few (or even more than a few) Also is the snorkling good? How far is the walk to the beach? Please anything you can tell us will help. We are a little bit anxious as we nothing about Taba, is it as good as good as the other resorts? Please help, any advise will be much appreciated

Richard88's Response to acer45's Review

Written on: 27/04/2006

All I will say is that you will enjoy

☆☆☆☆☆

“Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel - This hotel is really...”

Written on: 06/07/2005 by srodaway (2 reviews written)

Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel - This hotel is really disappointing. I would not return here either for business or pleasure.

I would not recommend it - irrespective of how little you may have paid - and there really are some cheap offers available for this hotel! I conclude the cheap deals are in part because of the terrorist incident at the Hilton Taba last year, and in part because the Hyatt Regency Taba Heights is truly appalling!

The 'Hyatt' brand, highly regarded the world over, is… Read Full Review

Scuba's Response to srodaway's Review

Written on: 20/02/2006

You must have been at a different hotel. We have been here 3 times, and are due back next month. Unless the standards have severely dropped since November 2004. The staff were professional, respectful and well trained. Yes the food is buffet style but it was well cooked with a good variety, therefore IF ALL YOU COULD FIND WAS PIZZA & CHIPS - THEN YOU MUST HAVE BEEN IN THE CHILDRENS SECTION!! (LoL) Perhaps someone upset & you have an axe to grind! We would reccommend this hotel to anyone - UNRESERVEDLY!

Triggermike's Response to srodaway's Review

Written on: 05/07/2006

I really do not agree with this, must have improved a hell of a lot since you have been. Wonderful place, yes their was a few ants but what do you expect in a 40+ degree dessert?

Ahowlett's Response to srodaway's Review

Written on: 30/06/2006

Look the author of this review (rodaway) said that this hotel was no good, and so do I. Great you have a different opinion! Point made.

J2Daleigh's Response to srodaway's Review

Written on: 28/06/2006

Yes, quite right - the purpose of the sight is to put an honest opinion across so people can make the best choice for their holiday in the future. That is exactly why I have responded to your quite negative review - so that people have another opinion. It must have improved since your visit.

Ahowlett's Response to srodaway's Review

Written on: 26/06/2006

The purpose of this site is to share reviews and experiences good and bad - NOT to simply pass judgement on other's opinions.
<br>
<br>The hotel was, in our opinion, overall poor. The food was not 5 star, the service was disappointing and the hotel generally unclean.

J2Daleigh's Response to srodaway's Review

Written on: 17/06/2006

Totally disagree with your review. We have just come back from a fortnight at the Hyatt Regency in Taba (June 2006) and had a wonderful time. The hotel staff were top notch and whilst I agree that the food was perhaps not 5 star (but definetly no less than 3.5 star) the accomodation was immaculate and exceptionally clean. The sun loungers were great, and pool towels so clean you could smell the washing powder. A wonderful all round experience.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel - As others have recorded,...”

Written on: 06/07/2005 by ahowlett (6 reviews written)

Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel - As others have recorded, this hotel is very disappointing. With the exception of the several superb pools, the poor quality of the food, lack of customer care skills and inferior service at this hotel were quite astonishing.

I agree with other reviewers that I too would not return here nor would I recommend it.

This hotel is NOT a 5 star. Consider the following:

The poor quality food, the broken cheap furniture including the terrible beds, the ants and… Read Full Review

“Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel - This is the perfect place...”

Written on: 09/06/2005 by owen2000 (1 review written)

Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel - This is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday with lots of sunshine and beautiful surroundings. Water world is a free bus ride 10 minutes away and that is great. We went paragliding with our two children. The trip to Eilat to see the Dolphins was amazing and there was no hassle crossing the border. The Kids' Club is great and our 6 year old took himself off there most days. The beach bar is lovely but quite expensive. Take some alcohol with you otherwise if… Read Full Review

“I have just returned from two weeks at Hyatt Regency...”

Written on: 31/05/2005 by BCool1 (1 review written)

I have just returned from two weeks at Hyatt Regency Hotel and I loved it. I will definitely go back but probably in the Winter time. As another reviewer has said, it really is like being on Mars, there's these desolate stark mountains and then like a space base - 4 hotels just plomped down there. They are developing a golf course at the moment so will be interesting to see how it changes.

I have never been out of Europe before so am a novice to that much sun and r&r. The food was of… Read Full Review

“Hyatt Regency Hotel is the best hotel in the Taba...”

Written on: 20/05/2005 by anna7897 (3 reviews written)

Hyatt Regency Hotel is the best hotel in the Taba area. It is quiet and friendly with 4 swimming pools tennis courts, breathtaking views and a relaxed atmosphere. I have just returned from a 3rd visit and will be going back very soon… Read Full Review

“Hyatt Regency Hotel is the best hotel in the Taba...”

Written on: 20/05/2005 by anna7897 (3 reviews written)

“The Hyatt Regency Hotel is a good quality hotel...”

Written on: 24/04/2005 by moggy (1 review written)

The Hyatt Regency Hotel is a good quality hotel situated near to Eilat.
Food is the best we've had in Egypt, good choice and fresh with plenty of veggie stuff. I get the feeling they restrict the amount of nice stuff like pizza though. Also, what is it with water at these places- I am so sick of going to scorching hot countries and having to continually buy expensive bottled water. 5 star luxury ruined by meaness. I wish they'd just stick $20 on the price and give you a few litres in your… Read Full Review

“Ok, there are lots of reviews, but I've been twice to...”

Written on: 06/01/2005 by markgoodwin901 (1 review written)

Ok, there are lots of reviews, but I've been twice to Hyatt Regency Hotel with family and parents and found it to be a very rewarding experience. Remember we are in the east of Egypt, and Taba is basically 4 hotels a half mile apart from each other set on a man made gentle protrusion into the Gulf of Akaba (red sea). Outside the resort it is like a Martian landscape, mountains, red and rocky arid dust. Nothing grows; nothing lives, so all the more amazing how fertile the hotel grounds are. It… Read Full Review

“I've been to Egypt a number of times but this was my...”

Written on: 05/01/2005 by rvincent (1 review written)

I've been to Egypt a number of times but this was my first visit to Taba. The Hyatt Regency Hotel was well presented but I would say it was more 4 than 5 star...however it is the best hotel in Taba. Don't let that put you off though because the price of the holiday compensates! We had a sea and lagoon view room which gave great views and good, clean accommodation. The food in the seafood restaurant is good but expensive but a welcome alternative to the buffet which is no worse than I've had… Read Full Review

“We do not recommend staying at Hyatt Regency Taba...”

Written on: 25/11/2004 by haltan (1 review written)

We do not recommend staying at Hyatt Regency Taba Heights, Egypt for several reasons:

It is most definitely not what it is hyped up to be. To say the least only putting the Hyatt Regency name and 5* service to disgrace.
We received really bad service from their staff, residential manager, and manager assistant that barely speak or write English.

We left some of our items in our room and despite the fact that we rang the hotel immediately on our return to the UK on the same day we left; they… Read Full Review

Andy Anderson's Response to haltan's Review

Written on: 15/12/2004

We have been to the Taba Hyatt 4 times. Each time we were there we met a lot of families who were on there second visit! What did you expect from a third world country? We found the staff and facilities to be very good!!! bet your the type who moan at every and anything.

353136_Lyndadobson's Response to haltan's Review

Written on: 20/03/2008

I disagree with this review because... I have stayed 7 times and always been treated extremely well and found the staff polite, helpful and honest. The taba hyatt is my little piece of heaven on earth. I cannot believe this customer cannot see the beauty

Markgoodwin901's Response to haltan's Review

Written on: 13/01/2005

I agree that whilst the service and food is not 5 star,perhaps 3 star, the grounds weather and resort is 5 star and remains excellent value

Haltan's Response to haltan's Review

Written on: 12/01/2005

I appreciate what you’re saying; however expected better and have seen better resorts within this region so 5* hotel such as this one, known worldwide, should live up to international standards.
<br>Personnel were not capable of resolving our situation to customer satisfaction and that is why we thought to share it with others.

Markgoodwin901's Response to haltan's Review

Written on: 06/01/2005

I have been there twice in the alsy 12m and whilst the food can be a little boring, the whole experience was fantastic. Its basically a week of total R+R..great for families, and pool side readings, swim, read , swim, and even an hours massage fior £20. wonderful..The staff if you make an attempt to engage them are wonderful and desperate to learn more of our european lifestyles. The 3 pools and grounds beat 99% of what I've seen in the UK, and the weather and snorkelling, is delightful.. Of course its isolated and to do any trips bar a camel ride involves lengthy travel but the Hyatt at Taba if you go for weather relaxation and shear value for money is a 9.5/10. I can accept that a few bad events can sour your view, but well mine and that of 7 others is totally the opposite..

Haltan's Response to haltan's Review

Written on: 16/12/2004

Wait till you have a problem mate, and then we'll see who starts moaning!!!

“We selected the Hyatt Regency Taba heights after first...”

Written on: 16/11/2004 by senior26 (2 reviews written)

We selected the Hyatt Regency Taba heights after first carrying out extensive research on the net where by far the majority of reviews read were positive.
The flight over was tight with little legroom and no entertainment and I found having to buy a drink a bit off.
1st impressions when arriving at Taba International were not good as there is little there and the surrounding area looked unfinished.
When arriving at the hotel we were served a cool drink, which was a welcome hello after the 45… Read Full Review

Senior26's Response to senior26's Review

Written on: 17/11/2004

Excellent, extremly helpful information and useful tips.

Senior26's Response to senior26's Review

Written on: 17/11/2004

Excellent, extremly helpful information and useful tips.

“We visited Taba Heights in 2003. Although we enjoyed...”

Written on: 17/10/2004 by Ben77 (3 reviews written)

We visited Taba Heights in 2003. Although we enjoyed the holiday we felt very cut-off from the outside world. This might be a good thing for some people - but there was absolutely nothing else within a long bus ride's distance - no shops, markets, culture. Great if you want a week or two by the pool - not so great if you want a taste of the country you're visiting. Beware of high temperatures in July/August - 40 deg C and up!… Read Full Review

“The layout and rooms in the Hyatt Regency Hotel are so...”

Written on: 17/09/2004 by shazmatt (9 reviews written)

The layout and rooms in the Hyatt Regency Hotel are so well thought out. It is divided into sections - almost like being in separate villas - so despite the size of the hotel, it never felt crowded. Our room was amazing - very good and every room has its own ample sized balcony.
The food was ok - can't quite put my finger on it, but the evening meals did become a bit repetitive.
The bar is designed very well, but the drinks so expensive - which was a real shame. For example - a bottle of Moet… Read Full Review

Senior26's Response to shazmatt's Review

Written on: 17/11/2004

Constructive comments. The themed nights re the food is a good idea.