Pixmania Reviews - www.pixmania.com

Pixmania - www.pixmania.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pixmania - www.pixmania.com

Pixmania - www.pixmania.com
Pixmania - www.pixmania.com

“Rubbish Company to buy from”

Written on: 21/12/2014 by jiBoyd339 (1 review written)

Ordered and purchased a Xmas gift from this company in plenty of time, three weeks ago!. Lots of emails and phone calls to find where my order had gone. They told me it was on the way and it would be at my address days ago. Still not received my order so more phone calls... "Oh we have been having problems with deliveries and your not the only one". So "no you will not be receiving the order you placed with us, have a refund instead". Will never use this company again… Read Full Review

“Samsung 48" ue5500”

Written on: 26/11/2014 by martinhoddy (1 review written)

Bought one of these last week when it arrived fitted it to the wall all excited tuned in the tv couldnt find any hd channels spent about an hour going through the manuals and menus could understand it. Did some digging on the wedsite and the advert the tv is an import and won't work in the uk with hd freeview !! Why would you buy a freeview tv that wont work! They have to make this clearer in the advert it's shocking the tv was advertised on pixmania.co.uk in english pounds but it is a european… Read Full Review

Oneseesinthedark's Response to martinhoddy's Review

Written on: 27/11/2014

That's a fair and honest review! I fell for that some years ago and the word 'ouch!' springs right into mind. It's in the small-print and it makes me wonder why we, as consumers, should have to look for the smallest print in the hope that we might pass it by and fall foul. I mean ... It does say the item is imported BUT who would have to think that the goods are nothing less than items built to UK spec's?

I think its misleading and, if anything, the word 'Imports' should be encapsulated within the main heading/sub-headings of the company name, along with what the goods can, and cannot, do within the UK. It really is shameful!

~F~

Pixmania's Response to martinhoddy's Review

Written on: 04/12/2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Pixmania is a French based company and as such has EU stock.

We do state this on the products web page " This television is an imported item. Click to learn more: UK residents / IE residents. " and also "This product requires a mains adapter for the UK. Pixmania supplies an adapter when you buy this product*. *Valid on products sold and shipped by Pixmania only."

When you click to learn more you see; "Because this is an imported product, it may present some minor differences to products designed for your country.

Below is a list of these differences: - your country’s language may not be available in the menus; - your country may not be available in the settings; - if you receive channels through an aerial, they will be in standard resolution as opposed to 1080p (DVB-T tuner and not DVB-T2); - you may need to manually set the order of channels.

If you receive channels through a set-top box, this won’t be necessary;
- full smart services may not be available;
- the product manual may not be available in your country’s language; "

However even although this is all stated, this still does not affect your right to return the unit back to us within the first 14 days. Of which Pixmania would arrange collection and the refund would be issued once back with us.

We are not trying to fool anyone and this is why we offer you the right to return if you just really are not happy with the item.

Should you like to discuss this further then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Milkie2101's reply to Pixmania's Comment

Written on: 11/12/2014

I also have fallen for the import trick. Yes the link 'This television is an imported item. Click to learn more: UK residents / IE residents.' is there but it take you to a 'Office Outlook Web access' log in site, which cannot be accessed without a password. So you cannot see any information.
I hope he has better luck returning hie TV, I have tried to return mine via UPS, only to be informed by the pick driver that' UPS do not hand TV over 32" due the problem of them getting broken in the system'. I am still waiting for details how to return it. Emails and phone call unanswered for the last 3 days.1338245

“Sharp 50" 3D Smart TV”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by JaniyaMorrow (1 review written)

I ordered the above from Pixmania as it was approx GBP200 cheaper than the UK competitors. At first I was slightly concerned having not researched the company in as much detail as I normally would however a call to their customer services put me at ease, they confirmed it was in stock and the status of my order etc. The product took just over a week to arrive, which wasnt bad. Product is great and functions as it should. The power adapter is fine too, not flimsy and seems safe (all screws… Read Full Review

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your positive feedback and review.

We are pleased that you are happy with our service, the goods provided and you would consider shopping with us again.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we value our customers above all else.

Pixmania mediator

“Late delivery and poor customer service”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by Proctor374 (1 review written)

I ordered a Curved Screen Samsung TV together with a wall mounting bracket on 9 November expecting delivery by the end of the week. When I hadn't even had an acknowledgement I rang to find out what was happening to be told that it was delayed to to a bank holiday in France. They said to check the tracker service on the website. This is in French and doesn't actually tell you anything. Eventually the tracker showed two separate consignments being despatched on different days. What use is a wall… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/11/2014

Thank you very much for your review and feedback.

We are very sorry that you have clearly been let down by our service and had an off putting experience.

The delay with your order should not have happened and I do apologise on Pixmania for this matter.

The courier company Dachser usually do call as they had done to organise the delivery time and consignments are usually shipped together. We would be able to see either consignments and provide you with the correct tracking information if they were incorrect.

If Dachser had passed the package to FedEx or UPS, this is usually due to certain postal code areas that Dachser do not deliver to as mainly it is due to access problems with their large trucks. We have no control over this and can only apologise this matter or the delays.

If you please contact us with your order number, we will be able to offer you compensation for this matter.

Pixmania mediator

“great service”

Written on: 20/11/2014 by Carroll5 (1 review written)

Ordered 2 samsung galaxy tab 4's last week. Read all of the negative reviews and considered cancelling my order. Im so glad I didnt. Following several emails and a phone call querying their service I proceeded with my order. Each email was answered within 24 hours and the girl was very helpful on the phone. I received my 2 tablets, delighted with them. All in working order and 12mths warranty. I will definitely use pixmania again… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/11/2014

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and review.

We are very happy to see you have given us top marks all round and that you are please with our service.

You business is much appreciated and we thank you for choosing to shop with Pixmania.

“good product”

Written on: 12/11/2014 by 215Gray (1 review written)

purchased LG sound bar from pixmania. can only speak as i find,only 1 adaptor supplied needed two but soon sorted that myself.ordering on website was easy and also able to pay by paypal, delivery arrived in 4 days was not contacted by phone about approx time but cannot blame pixmania for that,user instructions were in french,so downloaded english version from LG.price was much cheaper than anywhere in uk,all in all very pleased with my purchase… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/11/2014

Thank you for your positive feedback.

We do apologise that the second adapter and English manual should have been included with the purchase and we could have sent this our to you free of charge or reimbursed you for the price paid for the adapter.

If you wish for us to do this then please contact our Customer services using the contact form on our website and we will be happy to help.

We would also like to thank you for choosing to shop with Pixmania and your business is much appreciated.

Craig.
Pixmania mediations.

“Ignored”

Written on: 07/11/2014 by lkKeene106 (1 review written)

I bought a TV with their VIP membership(pointless), the membership was so i can get express delivery for the tv at a lower cost. TV took longer than a week so express delivery was pointless. And when the TV arrived it had a broken screen, so it totally didn't work asked for a replacement or a refund was told an investigation needs to be carried out so i had to wait for 2 days. Finally i was told they will replace the TV, the replacement certainly took its time to arrive and when it did the… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/11/2014

Thank you for your review.

Pixmania does not offer Express shipping on large items such as TV's and therefore the VIPix membership would offer you free shipping for the next 12 months and off of this order. The selectable delivery methods are stated before you place the order and pay.

The delivery method we have for large items is with a courier company called Dachser. This is a specialised delivery and that your first order was delivered damaged, this is very unusual however items are all insured therefore we can carry out a resend or a refund within 48hours of being notified of the damages.

We sincerely apologise for the difficulties in obtaining communication with us. We do aim to answer emails within 24 hours however if it is urgent, you can call out customer service helpline directly for immediate assistance.

If you would like to discuss this case further then please provide me with your order number and I will ensure that a representative will contact you as quickly as possible.

“Faulty TV”

Written on: 17/10/2014

The company have yet to respond to my e-mail regarding the faulty item sent a week ago. I tried talking to them on the 'phone, but have never been able to talk to anyone as my many calls never got through their answerphone system, despite trying over 2 days. This is a very frustrating situation as no contact has been available. This gives me no confidence the company will deal with my comments, and I will have to consider my next move. … Read Full Review

Written on: 21/10/2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. We do sincerely apologise for any issues trying to get through to our customer care. Please send an email with all your order details along with a description of the fault to us and we will get back in touch with you immediately.

Pixmania mediator.

“Cowboys”

Written on: 14/10/2014 by AdamMega (1 review written)

Purchased a television from these guys, upon arrival I discovered it is not a standard UK television so therefore requires an adaptor but also upon further investigation on the website it becomes apparent that the TV will not have some of the basic features you'd receive from a UK TV. I decided to return the item where I learn they'll happily refund me if I return the 8kg TV to France at my EXPENSE. What a disincentive to prevent customers returning items.  Just put in a quote on Royal Mail… Read Full Review

Pixmania's Response to AdamMega's Review

Written on: 16/10/2014

Good morning,

Thank you for your feedback. Although these TVs are advertised as imports and as needing an adapter this should not have any bearing on your right of return. We try to make this as clear as possible on our website but it is not always seen by our customer. Please send me your order number and I will happily send you the return information. I thoroughly apologise that this was not offered to you sooner.

John

“Pixmania have very poor knowledge of their own products ”

Written on: 01/10/2014

I bought a 27" Iiyama monitor from Pixmania to use specifically in dual configuration with my recent iMac. Before ordering, I duly checked with Pixmania pre-sales that this would work, which they readily confirmed. Monitor does not work at required resolution with their suggested connectors. 12 exchanges of emails later, Pixmania would rather offer me a refund than work out what type of connector I need - and this config should work no problem - says Apple. All it would require from Pixmania… Read Full Review

Good afternoon,
First let me apologise that you have not been offered a suitable solution to this problem. You are correct. Our customer service are not technically trained in the set up and operation of our products. Our customer service staff check the technical specifications and inform the customer whether the item is compatible. This item should be compatible with your iMac but it appears we misinformed you about the connector needed. There are so many products on our website so it would be impossible for our staff to be technically trained on them. I am not technically trained either but if you send me your order number and a specific outline of the problem, I will e-mail Iiyama on your behalf and find a solution. This option should have been put forward to you before now.
I once again apologise for the inconvenience.

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 27/09/2014 by aswald (1 review written)

I ordered a television and when it arrived it was the wrong model.When I called them on the phone they keep you waiting in a que.Then when you eventually get through to one of their advisors they transfer you to Customer Services again waiting on the phone at 5 pence a minute.The Customer services assured me they would look into the problem in the next 24 hrs that was a week ago.Then when trying to call them through the week at their call centre and waiting for a total of 3 hrs at 5 pence a… Read Full Review

Pixmania's Response to aswald's Review

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback. I must apologise for this situation. There is no way that you should be waiting for more than a few minutes on our phone lines and despite what you think there is no vetting of orders no matter how big the problem or how trivial. Your problem sounds straight forward, you received the wrong model and you would like the correct model. Please send me your order number and I will resolve this problem for you. The only time that our staff cannot resolve matters immediately is if the item is not directly supplied by Pixmania.
Pixmania mediator.

“incompatible tv”

Written on: 25/09/2014 by tobybbbbb (1 review written)

ordered a samsung smart tv from Pixmania, they sent a TV only compatible with Eastern Europe - absolute farce… Read Full Review

Pixmania's Response to tobybbbbb's Review

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your feedback. First let me apologise for this inconvenience. This model should not have been sent to the UK if it was not compatible. Please send me your order number and I will resolve this situation for you.

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Written on: 21/09/2014 by BIZUL (1 review written)

TRIED TO CONTACT PIXMANIA.COM SEVERAL (TOO MANY) TIMES WITH NO RESPONSE. SIMPLY IGNORANCE. AND POOR QUALITY PRODUCT-NOT COMPLETELY SATISFACTORY AS 16GB FLASH PEN IS 14GB CAPACITY ONLY!! PIXMANIA CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT REPLY TO MY QUIRIES AT ALL. DO NOT RECOMMEND TO ANY ONE AND WARNING!!-ALWAYS AVOID THEM. I GIVE HALF A STAR OR EVEN LESS… Read Full Review

Pixmania's Response to BIZUL's Review

Written on: 24/09/2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologise that you have received no response from our customer service in relation to this matter. In relation to your complaint about the size of the memory on this item, it is quite normal for a pen drive or hard drive to not have the full amount of advertised memory as it comes with data already stored on it in order to allow the item to function; however, it should not have 2 GB of data already on it. Please send me your order reference number and I will resolve this matter for you.

Bizul's reply to Pixmania's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2014

Hi,

Thank you for response to my review. The order number is: CCL1503068664. I only believe that this problem will be resolved rather sooner than later(after warranty period passed).
Regards

Pixmania's reply to Bizul's Comment

Good afternoon,

My apologies for the delay in answering you but I believe I have now found the answer for this. The reason that the TRANSCEND - JetFlash 500 USB Flash Drive 16GB is only 14.5 is explained on the transcend website.
If you follow the calculations, then your product should be approximately 1.5 GB less than advertised. This has nothing to do with Pixmania, it is inbuilt from the start. If you are unhappy about this I would advise you to contact Transcend as this is the way the manufacturer sends it out.

Regards,

John.

“Major dissatisfied customer.Shocking aftersales&cust...”

Written on: 10/09/2014 by CaitlinKendall (1 review written)

I am outraged by the service that I have received by pixmania. I called up as I was sent a faulty Cannon Ixus camera back in January 2014 where the charging socket where the battery sits was not working properly and the battery kept dying as a result. I called up eventually as I was sick of it and wanted t get it repaired under manufacturers warranty. I called and booked it in on 14th August, for it to be picked up 3 days later. I made the advisor aware at the time of booking the repair… Read Full Review

“Pixmania tops for service”

Written on: 23/08/2014

I have bought items from Pixmania on 2 occasions, years apart. Both times the service was excellent, quick and efficient. My items arrived within a week of ordering them and I could not be more pleased with their service. I would recommend them to anybody… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

Good morning,
Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you found our service and delivery of a high standard. This is the aim of our company and it is very rewarding to hear from happy customers. If you have any questions or problems in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at.

Regards,

“Johng524”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by 110Foster (1 review written)

You have brought up a very excellent details , regards for the post. cekcffbddgke… Read Full Review

“excellent service following our cancellation of an order”

Written on: 02/08/2014 by AlonzoKirby33 (1 review written)

Well, we ordered a LG SMART TV in rather a hurry. We knew the model we wanted, the price was £100 cheaper than any other website so we just ordered. We failed to read the small print that it may not be UK compatible. We didn't even know Pixmania was based in France! My husband picked it up the following morning (last Sunday) and we were worried to death as it was registered as having been ready for shipping. We contacted Pixmania through the contact form online....no way do we want a TV… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/08/2014

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to here that you had a good experience with our customer service. We aim to provide the highest service available and if there is a problem, no matter what it is, we try to remedy it as quick as possible so that you have the best shopping experience available. If you choose to shop with us in future you can rely on that same service and if you have any questions or problems I would be happy to be of service. Kind Regards John Pixmania Mediator

“Terrible after service”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by RickyDrake472 (1 review written)

Use at your own risk Had to send a Tablet back to be replaced as it stopped working after three days. It was returned by UPS (excelent service) but once it got to Pixmania problems began. It arrived but was not registered in and after seven long phone calls to uninterested telephonists in Eastern Europe finally gave up and asked for my money back. I would never use Pixmania again and would warn any one else from doing so… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2014

Good afternoon
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that it took a long time for your parcel to be registered. Due to the large volume of items coming and going from our warehouse, it does sometimes take a few days for an item to get registered. Even though UPS are showing it as delivered, it must be scanned on to our system in order for your refund to be authorised. This is what had caused the delay in processing of your refund. I would like to apologise for this delay and for any inconvenience that it may have caused. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

“Never again!”

Written on: 12/07/2014 by gabor.gulyas1 (1 review written)

I ordered a digital camera from pixmania, they did send me a confirm and tracking number etc. Next day I checked on the UPS web side they say delivery end of the day but my packing is from France took 2 different hub in France and one in Germany and after Nederland and finally uk again 2 hub I really confused. Next day I had a message from UPS damage the package or missing merchant... They are on investigation, Yeah if you not surround any goods that much over all Europe can be ok to delivery… Read Full Review

Pixmania's Response to gabor.gulyas1's Review

Written on: 25/07/2014

Good afternoon,
Firstly let me apologise for any inconvenience that your product arriving damaged may have caused. Pixmania use only the best couriers, so this is most unfortunate but something which can happen on occassion. When this does happen, Pixmania needs to contact our courier to resolve the issue. This process takes no more than 48 hours. After this we are able to resend your item or offer you a full refund. I have checked your order and I can see that a full refund was issued to you at your request. I once again apologise sincerely on behalf of Pixmania and our courier that this order did not reach you in perfect condition. If you have any further questions regarding this order or future orders, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Pixmania Mediator.

“First impression not so good, website poor, just good...”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by xcbikerlc (1 review written)

First impression not so good, website poor, just good prices of some goods. anyway I have tried to deal with them. So poor package of product i have not ever seen before. I decided to returned bcs I do not want Nikon Lens MADE IN CHINA with Chinese Warranty card. Still my refund after 1month have not been received. They can not register my parcel in Return Centre. Poor service, not professional. i do not trust anymore. It is French company. not British so be careful. I do not recommended to… Read Full Review

Pixmania's Response to xcbikerlc's Review

Written on: 20/06/2014

Hello,
Thank you for your review.
I’m sorry if you were not satisfied with our service and the item you ordered.
We aim to give the most efficient service to our customers at all times.
I would like to inform you that we operate under the rights of the UK law and all of our services strictly follow these trading standards.
I invite you to contact me with your order details so that I may investigate further and make sure you receive your refund immediately.
Kind Regards