Sony DAV-SA30 Reviews

• Image Quality

• Sound Quality

Summary

Receiver
Dvd Player
Remote Control
Sony DAV-SA30 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony DAV-SA30

Sony DAV-SA30

“My overall review of the Sony DAV-SA30 is that when...”

Written on: 25/06/2008 by slysocks (9 reviews written)

My overall review of the Sony DAV-SA30 is that when new i paid a fair price, and it was money well spent, if you find one for sale that works, buy it, you will not be disappointed, as before, the picture quality is mint, the sound quality is spot on, and when its not being a dvd player, or being used to run the sound for my ps2, it make a great stereo and radio.
the speakers are perfect in size, and the machine looks stunning to this day… Read Full Review

Sony DAV-SA30

“I bought the SA30 in April '04 and all was rosy for...”

Written on: 26/09/2004 by badgeronimous (1 review written)

I bought the SA30 in April '04 and all was rosy for the first 4 months I owned mine, the sound quality was excellent, etc. However then the problems started. My machine started to randomly click, getting faster and faster until it could be described as a hum (maybe around 600Hz) through the speakers, before the clicking slowed down and stopped again. All in all it took maybe 5 minutes for this clicking to stop. It's a shame because I like this system, and unfortunately the box was lost when my… Read Full Review

Booca's Response to badgeronimous's Review

Written on: 21/04/2005

I bought a Sony 32' TV which included the DAV-SA30 as a package in a sale, This was in June 04. All was fine until 5 months later when crackling noises were heard from the Speakers and the machine still makes the sound. When I returned to Sony with the unit it sounded fine. What a surprise. However when back home.... hey presto, the crackling came back after a few mins.
<br>I would strongly reccommend never buying a DVD with AV surround combined. Very poor. It will be returned, and this time I'm leaving it with them..

Stuart Frost's Response to badgeronimous's Review

Written on: 15/06/2010

Hey Presto, I bought my Sony DVD with a TV package back in 2004, from the Sony Cenrte in Exeter. They weren't very helpful at all, indeed didn't respond to any of my comunications. I couldn't take it to a Sony syore locally as, I was told. they're all under different franchises, but my 'crackling' problem occured almost immediately. It has been used very lttle because of the problem.

209593_Malcolm Usher's Response to badgeronimous's Review

Written on: 10/09/2005

I bought this item 18 months ago. Unfortunately it developed a sound distortion in first 3 months. Eventually after 6 weeks it was replaced.
<br>Guess what! This one (now out of warranty) has developed same problem. Now considering I chose Sony for reliability it is not a good result!!

209200_Amaz0Ne's Response to badgeronimous's Review

Written on: 07/09/2005

I have the exact same noise... I sent it today to Sony Switzerland and I'm curious to hear what they will tell me.

Sony DAV-SA30

“I'm a student. I'm on a budget. I know my way around...”

Written on: 29/04/2004 by coin (1 review written)

I'm a student. I'm on a budget. I know my way around electronics. I want a Surround Sound DVD bundle. Cheap.

And here is the solution : the Sony DAV-SA30. It may be labeled as "an entry-level DVD player" but don't let that put you off - it's got more than enough bang for your buck.

First things first. You want something easy to install - no "hunky monkeys" needed to install it. It's all very DIY, and that's great. The speakers are all color coded, as are the leads and the sockets. There are… Read Full Review