Audi TT Quattro 1.8 (180bhp) Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Audi TT Quattro 1.8 (180bhp) - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Audi TT Quattro 1.8 (180bhp)

Audi TT Quattro 1.8 (180bhp)
Audi TT Quattro 1.8 (180bhp)

“A big change from my Fiat Punto haha, but just bought...”

Written on: 29/01/2011

A big change from my Fiat Punto haha, but just bought this for me & I love it. This is my "mid-life crisis car", so I am told by my daughter. It is not, was bought cos I was too early for my hairdresser appointment & it caught my eye & in a week I bought it & have no regrets. It was in the snow & ice & all that so how safe was I????
I did check out on internet about the car & checked with my insurance (price was not much more than Punto).
Was given the history of the car throughthe dealer… Read Full Review

“I have ridden very fast motorbikes all my life and...”

Written on: 13/07/2010

I have ridden very fast motorbikes all my life and have never been impressed by any car.My dream when I got to the age of having to concentrate on 4 wheels rather than 2 was always a Porche untill now.What a car simple effective and so well made.I have a BMW R1100 S bike in the garage and have always taken it out instead of any car that may have been owned at the time.....Well not now it's going to be a toss up between the two.Respect is shown to the first car ever from me,nearest thing to… Read Full Review

Haddman's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2010

Couldn't agree more,most people don't realise how powerful most bikes are,and because of this are seemingly impressed by so called performance figures of so called sports cars.Well sometimes some cars do fullfill that promise and this was one occasion.It's not always about top speed.Bikers will always tell you it's about that amazing surge of power from 50 to 100 plus and handling is all important.A great car an icon something that is what we call genesis.It will be rememberd for a long time as something that changed motoring as we knew it back in 1998.Classic style and shape so good that it hasn't changed rearly in 12 years very cool car respect should be shown.

Haddman's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2010

Good points raised,my Audi is the 225 bhp model TT 1800 and has that extra power.Superb at legal cruising speeds untill you want that little bit extra for an overtake or 2.Only other car that is in the same league is a Porche.Bikes will always remain the fastest form of motorised transport simply becaus of the power to weight advantage.Car drivers should show a little more respect and accept this.But for pure driving pleasure the Audi can't be beat.Germany calling the only sure fire way to drive both types of vehicles in the manner they were designed.Maybe when the weather get's a little better!

“Bought my wife an Audi tt 180 Quattro, I have a...”

Written on: 21/02/2010

Bought my wife an Audi tt 180 Quattro, I have a company car but on my days off cannot help getting in the TT.
Pure quality excellent handling and performance, I know everbody says you must have a 225 well also you must have a 180 its brilliant… Read Full Review

“well inpressed the Audi TT Quattro 1.8 is a nice...”

Written on: 17/09/2009

well inpressed the Audi TT Quattro 1.8 is a nice looking car and goes and handles as good as it looks . only draw back only 20 mpg on local rons , but have had 40 on a very long motor way run… Read Full Review

“I drove the Audi TT Quattro 180 version and found it...”

Written on: 20/04/2009

I drove the Audi TT Quattro 180 version and found it quick enough, but to have a 225 is another level. the 4 wheel drive allows you to put all the power straight onto the road and handles fantastically well. if you ever get another TT make sure its a 225 its worth the extra few thousand and will hold its value far better

“I bought my Audi TT Quattro 1.8 (180bhp) a month ago...”

Written on: 10/03/2009 by stixman (1 review written)

I bought my Audi TT Quattro 1.8 (180bhp) a month ago and I love it. The design is to die for and the boot space is amazing. I can fit a five peice drum set in there!!!!! The ride is very smooth and the sound of the doors shuting makes you feel safe. I expcted more on take off. I love this car and will buy another one. I wonder how quick the 225 bhp is?… Read Full Review

“I love getting behind the wheel of the Audi TT Quattro...”

Written on: 07/03/2009 by liverpool fc (1 review written)

I love getting behind the wheel of the Audi TT Quattro 1.8 (180bhp), you can feel the quality of the build and i have to say typically german. The drive is fantastic and handles very well. The 180bhp will give you approx 350 miles to a tank of fuel,now thats excellent for a premium motor of that look and engineering quality. Ah and the insurance was cheaper than my passat tdi as well as the servicing as long as you go to an audi recognised garage.you can look at all the other coupes in its… Read Full Review

“I am 21 and bought an 02 plate Audi Quattro 225 two...”

Written on: 27/10/2008 by selby2004 (1 review written)

I am 21 and bought an 02 plate Audi Quattro 225 two months ago now and wouldn't change it for the world. My insurance costs me £400 a month but it's worth every single penny. The highlight of the car for me is when a boy racer in his modified Corsa or whatever they modify these days pulls up next to you at traffic lights and they want to race - I love just watching them get smaller in the rear view mirror. Will never change it except when I buy a newer one… Read Full Review

Steveireland's Response to selby2004's Review

Written on: 08/04/2013

Your comments are the reason 21 year olds pay £400 a month. Forget about racing idiots in Corsa's and just enjoy the real pleasure of the drive in a great coupe.

“Its an overall awesome car. Fun to drive corners...”

Written on: 10/10/2008 by Vander 15 (1 review written)

Its an overall awesome car. Fun to drive corners unreal and is sporty and has good get up and go for a 1.8. I haven't had the car for very long but it seems like a very reliable car… Read Full Review

“I am pleased that I bought this car and when I drive...”

Written on: 02/09/2008 by daveyh70 (7 reviews written)

I am pleased that I bought this car and when I drive it I never want to sell it. I guess the 225 version would be faster, but straight line speed is not what this car is about. It is all aboiut the twisty A and B roads… Read Full Review

“Words cannot sum up how good this car is except...”

Written on: 04/08/2008 by oceans7 (1 review written)

Words cannot sum up how good this car is except perhaps...'and on the 8th day he created the Audi TT.
Amazing car.
Thanks Audi… Read Full Review

“Build quality is just the best. My own car is an O2...”

Written on: 28/06/2008

Build quality is just the best. My own car is an O2 plate model and everything still looks like new. One of my greatest pleasures is getting in my car after a hard day at work closing the door and just driving. My personal view is that my car and its shape and design broke all kinds of barriers in car design and that's what makes it great. It does look better than the new shape, which some how blends with other marques. The TT is unmistakeable. There is no compromise and so you either love it… Read Full Review

“The Audi TT is a fanstastic road go-cart, a headturner...”

Written on: 29/01/2008 by rru553ll (1 review written)

The Audi TT is a fanstastic road go-cart, a headturner for sure. I'm more of an accelation freak and the one problem with the 180 and the 225 is that it is very linear. Whilst most other hot hatches/sport cars give you the extra pull of power once you approach higher revs, the TT with respect to the car is the same power off the mark until the red line.
You can beat any car off the lights but once they hit higher revs they pull away from you quite rapidly. I noticed it against my other car a… Read Full Review

“A great car to purchase still a head turner, I think...”

Written on: 05/11/2007 by Mentor6343 (1 review written)

A great car to purchase still a head turner, I think it looks better than the new model… Read Full Review

“What a car the Audi TT Quattro 180 is. It is well...”

Written on: 30/07/2005 by rammer (1 review written)

What a car the Audi TT Quattro 180 is. It is well designed and runs like a dream. The gear box takes some getting use to, as it is a bit notchy, going from first to second. The reversing also takes some getting used to, as you can't see the front or back of the car, but, that is a small price to pay for such a head turner. It is a nightmare when you have to replace one tyre, as you have to replace both! QUITE EXPENSIVE, if you keep getting punctures.
The interior is a dream, and it is… Read Full Review

“At first I thought that I wasn't going to like the...”

Written on: 14/12/2004 by TT225Owner (1 review written)

At first I thought that I wasn't going to like the Audi TT Quattro 180 Sports car, but once I was up close and personal with it I changed my mind. It's amazing. Once you are in the car and you close the door, you forget the world outside, it's like sitting in a cockpit. All you hear is your music pumping from the great BOSE system and no engine noise from any other car, bliss. I love the TT. It turns heads, and it gains respect from everyone. The handling is fantastic, and there is no way of… Read Full Review

Beanoir's Response to TT225Owner's Review

Written on: 29/12/2004

Well having owned a TT225 and driven the new 350Z I think you should really reconsider your words. The Nissan is a far better quality car, the trouble with the TT is they are pumping them out at such a rate of knots for all the blonde bimbos in the UK they don't have time to screw them together properly.
<br>
<br>Land Rovers and Subaru's should be 4X4 not small sports cars, unless of course you can't drive properly!?

“Instead of Tourist Trophy, TT, should stand for "THE...”

Written on: 13/03/2002 by Juan Ricardo. (1 review written)

Instead of Tourist Trophy, TT, should stand for "THE TOY" 'cause that how it feels-like that toy you've always wanted. I've leased my 2002 Audi Silver TT Roadster and I think this will be and is the only car I will ever acquire from the leasing company after my lease ends… Read Full Review

“I am Richard from Holland and I own an Audi TT 180 HP...”

Written on: 17/12/2001 by richard. (1 review written)

I am Richard from Holland and I own an Audi TT 180 HP Quattro since begin December 2001. I can fully agree with the other reviewers. It is a perfect car if you are alone. The quattro system is able to put you very fast through a corner. And the Bose Sound System is fantastic, only one thing is forgotten and that is that the system cannot be instructed from the steering wheel… Read Full Review

Irish Joe's Response to 7438_richard.'s Review

Written on: 28/09/2003

Richard you are absolutely spot on.....i really notice the absence of control of the stereo from the stering wheel... Great review

“I have owned my Audi 180 TT Quattro for a year. The...”

Written on: 12/04/2001 by ron. (1 review written)

I have owned my Audi 180 TT Quattro for a year. The quattro system is amazing. I cannot even make it spin on wet streets. The style is in the art deco mode. I feel that I drive a work of art. The hatch back provides ample trunk space. I am thrilled every time I get behind the wheel. There is no comparision. This is the perfect car… Read Full Review

3766_Mark.'s Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 26/08/2001

I don't think anyone in the world can actually disagree with you that the Audi TT is a fantastic car. I've test driven both the 225 & the 180 and they are both great cars. As soon as I have the pennies saved I'll be joining you on the owners club!!!

Oceans7's Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 12/08/2008

Audi TT v Honda S2000. Whilst I do like the Hondas, I have to be realistic, they do not compare to the Audi TT.
My brother owns a Honda and whilst it is quick off the mark, the TT looks and feels great just standing still, whilst the Honda looks like an uglier MX5.
The quattro system means you can really drive the TT, and if you have never been inside the cockpit of a harrier jumpjet, then try sitting in the TT cabin, it is a very similar feeling.
Overall I believe the TT is by far the best 2 door coupe you can get for the money.
And that is science fact.

Noelnoel's Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 09/04/2005

How could a TT be 90's with all that stainless steel inside?
<br>
<br>THEY ARE: Cool, Future classics, fast and better than a honda.
<br>
<br>THEY ARE NOT: Boring, designed for people who are not man enough to handle rear wheel drive, proven to be the most unreliable car on the road.
<br>
<br>Enjoy your studio apartment and 1977 honda civic pall!

Beanoir's Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 29/12/2004

TT's are so 90's!!!
<br>THEY ARE NOT: Cool, Future Classics, fast, better than S2000's
<br>
<br>THEY ARE: Boring, designed for people who are not man enough to handle rear wheel drive, proven to be the most unreliable car on the road.
<br>End

Parabolmantra's Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 27/12/2004

How I love and want this car. I hope I have the money to get one soon.

Premiersigs's Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 12/01/2004

How are you any good at accelarating when you can't even spell the word. Its not all about speed its about style in a TT. The S2000 is a very fast car but it does look like a restyled Suzuki Cappucino (early 90's small roadster). I love my TT and would't want anything else.

112942_David.'s Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 04/07/2003

I dislike audi tts. when i first saw one it was kind of thats kind of cool but then i realised there are a lot on the road and the car became uglyer and uglyer i realised i dont like symetrical cars. i own a honda s2000 the only time i see tts now is in my rear view mirror :-)! please dont trade youre audi tt for a s2000 because you make that uncool as well. plus i enjoy out excelerating them!

109167_Alex.'s Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 20/06/2003

the only negetive i have is: i must whach my speed all the time. in order not to get any tickets, otherwice, i've been drooling over it for last 5 years, finaly got 2003 225hp, 18" wheels last month. I LOVE IT.
<br>it love or hate car.

Boots.'s Response to 1660_ron.'s Review

Written on: 19/10/2001

I own a 225 TT and I've had it for 1 month - I haven't stopped smiling. The sound of the turbo when it kicks in and the screaming BOSE sound system are music to my ears. It handles like a dream and I doubt I'd feel any safer in a 1o-ton truck - it is so solid! An Audi TT will turn you into a very aggravating smily person.