Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder Reviews

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Summary

Canister
Cyclonic

Filtration Efficiency: 0.1µ
Other
Weight: 18.12 lb.

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“9 years on and still in use clearing up after 3 LARGE...”

Written on: 17/05/2014 by NatalyaRoberts84 (1 review written)

I have had mine for almost 9 years and its been an excellent performer. Started off by just having to cope with a dobermann's hair loss, then adding a German shepherd 4 years later and now 4 months ago a Rottweiler! It copes with clearing up after all three and that's daily use. 9 years continuous use is pretty good I'd say! The only thing I'd say is that the accessories that come with it are easy to snap as I think the plastic is a bit thin, but that could've been my own fault for pressing too… Read Full Review

“Over priced junk!”

Written on: 22/06/2012 by Edmondo01 (1 review written)

My wife is on the second and last Dyson vacume. On the first one, just outside the warranty, the motor sparked and went bang. One the second one again outside the warranty "bang" went the motor! Well that's the last time we give any of our hard earned money to Dyson… Read Full Review

Thorneel's Response to Edmondo01's Review

Written on: 27/03/2013

I was a loyal Dyson customer but Edmondo01 is bang on with his comment.
Great technology buy they just don’t last!
For the price you pay for them they should last a live time with the brushes needing to be changed every few years.
Thing is the motor will pack up before the brushes and you wont realize this until you have new brushes fitted and then be hit for an extra bill for a new motor.

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“very fragile and dissapointing for the price - last...”

Written on: 09/04/2011

very fragile and dissapointing for the price - last time I buy Dyson… Read Full Review

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“This machine is completely useless and such a waste of...”

Written on: 07/04/2011

This machine is completely useless and such a waste of money. It struggles to pick up anything, especially animal hair! What a gimick, Mr Dyson is laughing all the way to the bank! We even spent an extra £50 on a new brush head as we thought that was the problem. It's cumbersome and heavy too and takes up loads of room. I now have a Miele Cat & Dog which is much more powerful, lighter, smaller and cost less!… Read Full Review

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“Bought a Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder 3 years ago.”

Written on: 11/07/2009

Bought a Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder 3 years ago.
Within a year, the plastic thing that clips the cleaning head to to pipe snapped off, meaning we have to tape it on to use it.

Also, the heads filter system on the side of the cleaning head is too sensitive, so you'll be cleaning, then suddenly it'll sound really loud, like it's blocked. you have to switch on and off to rectify.

Three years on, I'm down to using the little round brush head because the other two are basically useless. One needs to be… Read Full Review

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“I too have had this Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder for 2...”

Written on: 15/09/2008 by cazzih (1 review written)

I too have had this Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder for 2 years, I realised it was rubbish after 2 weeks, but after spending £240 of my husbands hard earned I thought Id better put up with it for a while. Today, I spent 10min trying to get white cat hairs of a small rug, They are still there! I nearly threw it out the door in sheer frustration (dyson, not the rug!) . Next, was was my cream bedroom carpet, husband wears black socks, so nuff said! I coudnt face it ,so I sat here and bought a new… Read Full Review

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“Just doesn't pick up cat hair off a wool mix carpet....”

Written on: 07/01/2008 by Jan5 (1 review written)

Just doesn't pick up cat hair off a wool mix carpet. It was so bad I thought there must be a button or something that I didn't know about . Does seem to pick up a bit better on the stairs carpet which isn't wool.

I had an upright Dyson previously which was a lot better but don't buy this one - it certainly doesn't perform on cat hair, I go over it again and again and it still doesn't pick it up.

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“I vacuumed the bedroom with my Dyson DC08 Animal...”

Written on: 19/03/2006 by BJL (1 review written)

I vacuumed the bedroom with my Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder for half an hour and I can't see the difference. The bits that were there before are still there now and yet they are easy to pick up with ones fingers so why cant the Dyson suck them up?… Read Full Review

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“Best vacuum cleaner I have ever had. 2 German...”

Written on: 02/07/2004 by whitbred (1 review written)

Best vacuum cleaner I have ever had. 2 German Shepherds, terrier and mutt and 3 cats produce a waste basket of hair every day and this machine gets them all. I have had the Animal for a year and it is worth a dozen hoovers, which I had before, and Eureka and Sears and Sharp. Caution: You must empty it whenever the hair and dirt cease to spin, you cannot wait until the canister is full; I usually empty 4-5 times per room. I go from tile to carpet to tile and just suck it all up… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder

“Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder - Machine is two years old...”

Written on: 01/06/2004 by grimfan (1 review written)

Dyson DC08 Animal Cylinder - Machine is two years old and is utterly useless! Vacuum cleaning is a chore at the best of times, but attempting to clean a house using this thing turns into an ordeal. A grain of rice totally defeats it! The machine bears the legend "no loss of suction", Dyson are having a laugh, the machine simply does not do its job; i.e., suck stuff up from the floor. A dust pan and brush is more efficient. Not funny when you've spent £250!
I've now got an upright Hoover for… Read Full Review

Whitbred's Response to grimfan's Review

Written on: 10/07/2004

Have you tried cleaning out the spots where there could be a clog, or taking it to be service center to have it checked?

Gas1883's Response to grimfan's Review

Written on: 07/07/2005

Hmmm, how come it takes someone 2 years to realise that the machine is useless, i have owned a DC01 for 5 years and it still works brilliantly, if a Dyson is maintained properly ie filter cleaned on a regular basis (most people make the huge mistake of cleaning both filters which will stop the machine from working properly, don't wash the filter under the bin) and all tubes checked for blockages then i can't see why the machine shouldn't pick up.

Mad Inventor's Response to grimfan's Review

Written on: 16/02/2005

I am sure that if you hate it so much, there would be plenty of people eager to buy your Dyson, even in its present 'condition'. Take it apart, clean it out (including washing the filters), and reassemble it properly. If this doesn't do it, whack it on an internet auction and someone will have it in a flash and get it going fine.