Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Acoustic Solutions DS 1233

“Just one question”

Written on: 06/02/2012 by spursfan (1 review written)

I have a DS 1233 and am largely happy with it but with one exception, it tends to pop sometimes when the scene changes, say from one face to another when two people are conversing. This can be very annoying but everything is very good, does anybody have an answer to this problem… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233

“this is what everyone ought to have!”

Written on: 07/01/2010

this is what everyone ought to have!… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233

“i have had this Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 system...”

Written on: 05/06/2009 by stuartbennett (1 review written)

i have had this Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 system since late 2004, until about a week ago it was on my mum and dads TV downstairs and worked perfectly, however when their TV died that went out to buy a new one and got a deal on a new cinema system with it so this system is now on my TV.

we only use it when watching DVD's and its quite an enjoyable experience, we found that you need to turn any PVR's like sky+ boxes into standby mode and the main tv sound should be turned down to 0.

in the… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233

“Like one of the previous reviewers the unit died out...”

Written on: 01/06/2008 by Marineboy (1 review written)

Like one of the previous reviewers the unit died out of warranty and when I contacted the technical people at Acoustic Solutions I didn't get a reply . Strangely enough when I enquired about a lost remote ta month earlier they responded quickly to offer to sell me one fortunately I found the remote and was able to ascertain the unit had in fact died. 3 out of 5 for the sound quality and 0 out of 5 for the reliability issues. For nearly £200 I expect more than 2 years use especially as its not… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233

“The system was, apparently, everything I was looking...”

Written on: 06/07/2007 by oldnormski (1 review written)

The system was, apparently, everything I was looking for. The speakers were well designed, and fitted in well with my 15' x 12' lounge. They were floor-standing so didn't need shelves, wall brackets etc., with the usual trailing leads. All leads tucked away neatly between skirting board and carpet. Sound quality was good for my needs - TV, Hi-fi, DVD - but I was slightly disappointed with the limited range of adjustment of the speakers - centre, rear and woofer (not front) so that accurate… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233

“Acoustic Solutions DS 1233: ”

Written on: 12/07/2004 by playitagainsam (1 review written)

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233:
SOUND SOLUTION.
When looking at the various products on the market, my problem was not understanding how the home Cinema systems would connect to my existing equipment.

Thanks to this site, I just avoided falling into the trap of buying a much more expensive system that needed the additional purchase of an amplifier.

Best connections.
The Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 comes with everything you need in two boxes for £169. It includes 2 leads that allowed me to… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233

“My Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 Home Cinema system is...”

Written on: 10/05/2004 by tjw (2 reviews written)

My Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 Home Cinema system is attached to a Panasonic DVD recorder via an optical cable (£16.99 from Comet), and to a Panasonic Sky receiver via the AUX ports. Sound quality for the price is fine, and the kit, once easily assembled, looks pretty neat. Separation across the channels is clear and the subwoofer plays its part well.
It is available from larger branches of Argos who delivered it the next day with £30 knocked off the catalog price of £199.99 as a… Read Full Review

I Amnev's Response to tjw's Review

Written on: 08/07/2004

Thanks tj. Although your review was short it told me exactly what I wanted to know about connections. I could not find this out from a prolonged Internet search. I too have a DVR and a skydigibox - although they are not Panasonic. So I have decided to buy from Argos. I will post my own review later.

Acoustic Solutions DS 1233

“The Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 is very well packaged...”

Written on: 22/02/2004 by pigmeat2000 (17 reviews written)

The Acoustic Solutions DS 1233 is very well packaged with plenty of protection for all the items. Came in two clearly marked boxes, one of which is quite big because it contained the speakers and stands. The other box only contained the sub-woofer but is quite heavy. The bigger box is too big to fit in most car boots, I had to lay down the rear seats to carry it home.

The speakers are completely pre-assembled except that the metal floor plates which attach to the bottom of the aluminium… Read Full Review

Pigmeat2000's Response to pigmeat2000's Review

Written on: 07/04/2004

UPDATE TO THE ORIGINAL REVIEW
<br>
<br>Argos seem to have dropped this item altogether. None of the Argos shops locally carry it in stock any more and since I couldn't ever find it from any other source I am assuming that the manufacturer has ceased production. Pity, it's a good piece of kit.

Mattuk99's Response to pigmeat2000's Review

Written on: 11/02/2006

Has anyone had the problem of the display on the ds-1233 periodicaly stops working??

Chris Whyte's Response to pigmeat2000's Review

Written on: 04/06/2005

The unit is still on sale in Argos for £169.99. However if you take a look on eBay there is plenty for sale at MUCH cheaper prices!

Chris Whyte's Response to pigmeat2000's Review

Written on: 25/05/2005

The DS1233 is still available for Argos (as of May 2005). Also if you have a look on eBay there is load of them being sold for as little as £60!! Superb buy!

Johno3025's Response to pigmeat2000's Review

Written on: 19/07/2004

Just read the review on the DS1233 after pondering on buying this system for my 1st house. Sounds like it's a great worthwhile buy. Just found it on sale in Index Shop @£179.99 but with my discount can get this for £153 - defo off to buy it in the next couple of days - thanks!

Susanich's Response to pigmeat2000's Review

Written on: 09/07/2004

I have just bought and installed this system. For the money (on offer @ Argos for £170) this is a very good system with excellent channel separation and depth of sound. I have an up market stereo system and by comparison I am pleased with the DS1233. I can wholly endorse every word of this review.

I Amnev's Response to pigmeat2000's Review

Written on: 08/07/2004

Currently on sale from Argos at £169.99 (July 04).
<br>Next day delivery was £2.95. Found this review and the one from tjw very helpful as they cover the way you connect the system to your existing equipment. Manufacturers websites and others do not do this and it is critical to understand this if you are not an expert.
<br>thanks.

Philh42's Response to pigmeat2000's Review

Written on: 30/06/2004

I have just bought this unit from Argos (end of June 2004), so they are still out there.
<br>
<br>I haven't set it up yet, although I am looking forward to it.