AA Travel Insurance Reviews

AA Travel Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AA Travel Insurance

AA Travel Insurance

“ AA RIP OFF !!! YOU BUY NOTHING !!!”

Written on: 19/11/2014 by turist1 (1 review written)

I purchased travel ins. for 3 travellers my flight was delayed 27 1/2 hours at Dubai I tried to claim but was informed i was only insured for a delay at the ARRIVAL! airport how you can be delayed at your arrival airport I dont understand however on being passed on to the supervisor I was told I was only insured for a delay at the departure airport on challenging this I was then told as my delay was a connecting flight ( was actually a refuell stop of 1 hour) this was not covered, on… Read Full Review

“AVOID!!!!”

Written on: 14/10/2014 by Murray1946 (1 review written)

I am going to add my story to the unhappy customers! last year i had to stay longer in italy because of bad health had to rebook my flight and extend my car rental. i got my medical certificate as suggested by them. after going through all the burocratic stuff, filling up endless modules. they found 101 excuses not to pay me. one of which was that i should get a certificate from and doctor in UK??!! i was sick in italy right? also they wouldn't reimbourse the car rental, was i supposed to take… Read Full Review

“Problems just getting the policy”

Written on: 29/09/2014 by Ashlyn181 (1 review written)

My single trip policy wasn't the cheapest on comparison site, yet excess lower than most and AA is a brand I have come to trust over the years. After purchasing the policy online I received an email with basic details to check and the promise of full policy in 24 hours. When I checked I noticed that the details were MR not MRS as I intended, I telephoned to inform of mistake and rectify. Firstly the young lady was quite rude in informing me that i must have chose MR from drop down box I said… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/10/2014

Hello Ashlyn181, we are sorry to hear you are unhappy. We hope that you have contacted us to address your dissatisfaction, if not please get in touch via our website the 'contact us' page, we will be happy to help with this. Kind Regards, The AA

“Misleading and poor”

Written on: 11/08/2014 by KeaganNewman (1 review written)

I purchase travel insurance with AA, annual, multi-trip within Europe. I had them on the phone a number of times to make sure it was the right cover. When my travel arrangements fell through and I had to buy another ticket their Claim Centre told me my claim was ineligible because it wasn't a direct flight but 2 connecting flights. I then phoned AA and they quoted me a different reason why my claim was ineligible. Apparently, it was because I did not buy an extension pack. However, I was… Read Full Review

“No Help and worthless”

Written on: 07/08/2014 by 416Torres (1 review written)

Lost an item when in transit with airline this was not pointed out to me not worth the paper its written on. When I asked the AA they said I was covered but would not stand by what they said as policy is with third party… Read Full Review

“AN ABSOLUTE RIP OFF YOUR MONEY AND YOU WON'T GET ANY HELP”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Taylor1990 (1 review written)

I'm absolutely disgusted by the incompetence, lack of knoweledge and completely indifference from this garbage organsiation. I paid a extra premium to insure my current medical problems just incase and a lot of other insurers included this health problem with out an extra fee. I also paid an excess waiver £77 total been barely abroad for 3 weeks and had to come back on medical grounds. While I was abroad I never managed to get through to any one to discuss my situation and the Live chat chap… Read Full Review

“Useless Travel Insurance”

Written on: 23/07/2014 by Nunezgi255 (1 review written)

We purchased a single trip policy for a holiday in Spain travelling by rail through France and Spain. Unfortunately our return journey was impacted by the recent French rail strike leaving us stranded in Barcelona for three days more than planned. On our return home we pursued a claim only to be told that our particular circumstances were not covered by the policy. Weasel-like wording meant that, as it wasn't the first leg of our return journey that was impacted, we weren't covered. What… Read Full Review

“Claim dept diabolical ”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by Wakenshaw (1 review written)

Not impressed straight forward claim turned into nightmare . I had not realised they out sourced the claims, sale are open all day claims 9 to 5 .and when you do get through they will say anything to get you off the phone. Calls and emails ignored . I have used AA holiday ins for years with no claims wont be using them again… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Wakenshaw's Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

Hello, we are sorry to hear you're unhappy and do hope that you have contacted us to address your dissatisfaction. If not, please get in touch via our website at your earliest convenience. Kind Regards, The AA

“Avoid Avoid Avoid”

Written on: 13/05/2014 by Stout313 (1 review written)

Travelled with 8. Got caught out in Florida due to Icelandic ash cloud. Stuck out in the States for 2 extra weeks. AA paid nothing to help our situation. Claimed it was an act of God. Not worth buying a policy. Support was nil. Others around us who had taken policies with other companies were paid compensation. Would never use AA for any kind of insurance again. Thought that going through them would be using a reputable company. Decent price policy but free bank insurance would have paid out… Read Full Review

“AA Travel Insurance - No clear claims procedure!”

Written on: 22/04/2014 by Jbblamitg (1 review written)

The AA are good at charging high fees for their policy - but there is no simple process for the insured on what to do in the event of having to make a claim ..... the most important part .... the bit you really need! I called the AA, the lady who answered didn't know what to do, asked someone else and then gave me an emergency number for international use - and hadn't a clue what the country code was, never mind how the process worked from there on! It transpires that there are three… Read Full Review

“Annual travel insurance”

Written on: 17/10/2013

Be careful when you buy an annual travel insurance as AA will generate another annual travel insurance automatically for another year when it runs out and taking money out from your card you used before - even if you don't need Annual travel insurance for next year any longer. I found this system outrageous trying to take money out from you for travel insurance which you don't need! I will never use AA Travel insurance any longer because of this outrageous system and I will never ever… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/10/2013

Hello, sorry to hear you are unhappy. If there is anything you would like us to address please email the details including your full name, address and policy number to chat@theaa.com with Reference FOR53910. Thank you

“Delayed Travel”

Written on: 05/08/2013 by Spax360 (1 review written)

I took out travel insurance for a recent trip to the US. On the return journey adverse weather caused our internal flight to be cancelled so we missed our transatlantic flight and could not get out for a further 3 days. I had insured a family of 4. Their measly pay out (if they had paid) is £30 for first 12 hours delay then £10 for each additional 12 hour delay up to £100, take off the dedeductable this was £ 360. I was told that since the claim was a large amount that it would need to be… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Spax360's Review

Written on: 08/08/2013

Hello there, we appreciate you have already spoken to someone from The AA regarding this, however if there is anything outstanding which you would like to discuss, please email into chat@theaa.com with Reference number FOR 47949. Please could you also include your full name, address and policy number.
The AA

Spax360's Response to Spax360's Review

Written on: 09/08/2013

Since posting my review AA have contacted me to say that although the delay flight was not covered expenses associated with the delay will be covered. If so my rating will go up, however, it would have been useful if the claims rep I spoke to originally had told me this.

“Rip off”

Written on: 03/04/2013

I had to make a claim after my handbag was stolen. I had an annual travel policy with them, which I had renewed. They then told me they dont cover my phone (they apparently dont cover android phones) or the stolen cash as the cash was under £80, it was for £64, hidden on page 30 of their policy book apparently) Both of these major things should be pointed out when either taking out the policy or in the letter that accompanies your policy docs, but they arent. They are useless in the call… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/04/2013

Hello. We’d like to address this with you, if you have any outstanding queries, please email your full name, address and policy number to chat@theaa.com with Reference FOR39085. Regards, the Official Representative of The AA.

“AA aka drakefield insurance”

Written on: 22/12/2012

took the annual travel insurance with AA out jan 2012 had a small claim for doctors bill while on holiday ..it took4 months to settle the claim [less than £80] they tried every way not to pay ie my claim was lost in the post,they posted my claim form out[I never recieved it] to wanting for me to pay my doctorstating that I did not have gastro enteritis when i went on holiday,[Iwas sick the last 2 days of a 14 day holiday....BEWARE AA INSURANCE IS ALSO KNOWN AS DRAKEFIELD A 100% OWNED AA… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/01/2013

Hello, there are a number of points raised in your post that we would very much like to discuss with you. Please email into us, our address is chat@theaa.com and title reference FOR32861. We look forward to hearing from you. The AA

Cancharani's Comment

Written on: 11/03/2013

Thank you for posting your bad experience with the AA, had I not read it, I'd have purchased my travel insurance with the AA. I am going back to Columbus Direct now. Phew!

“Great stuff”

Written on: 19/09/2012

Front end - display reviews: Review text, Quality of Service (stars), Value (stars), Overall (stars).Front end - display reviews: Review text, Quality of Service (stars), Value (stars), Overall (stars).Front end - display reviews: Review text, Quality of Service (stars), Value (stars), Overall (stars).Front end - display reviews: Review text, Quality of Service (stars), Value (stars), Overall (stars).Front end - display reviews: Review text, Quality of Service (stars), Value (stars), Overall… Read Full Review

Db4111's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2013

do not understand this review this seems to be an auto generated review and a false one

“Excellent service”

Written on: 15/09/2012 by PFALCON (1 review written)

I have been a customer for 11 years now. I have had to call upon thir services 5 times now. Each time they have really looked after me and my family. Excellent… Read Full Review

“Breakdown Service”

Written on: 09/09/2012

Very pleased with the breakdown service that the AA have provided over the years… Read Full Review

“ICICI Lombard General Insurance”

Written on: 31/08/2012

ICICI Lombard is a great private insurance company with solid history. I bought all my insurance from ICICI Lombard because i get great benefits while buying every insurance from them. Their website is helpful to fetch all the relevant information related to… Read Full Review

“good insurance”

Written on: 16/08/2012 by mariaaa (2 reviews written)

very nice insurance, been use it in my last trip to canada, when i gotr a small injury after an accident with a bike and had no problems in receiving all my money spent on medical services… Read Full Review

“Avoid this insurance - it's OK provided you don't need it!”

Written on: 14/08/2012

I chose AA insurance because I trust(ed) the brand - certainly not because they were the cheapest. I have an Annual Policy, and my daughter went on holiday with some school-friends before going to University. She had a bag stolen on a Greek beach, containing a camera, mobile phone, and 50 Euros. She had to take a taxi costing 25 Euros to the nearest police station to report it. When I phoned Drakefield, I discovered that Mobile Phones aren't covered - 'they're covered by Mobile Phone insurance'… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/08/2012

Hello there, we are eager to review this with you after reading your post. We invite you to email chat@theaa.com with your details and reference FOR16421 so that we can try and help. Regards, Claire, The AA.

Neil49Ers's Comment

Written on: 20/08/2012

Don't let Dh2011's comment fool anyone - I emailed with the reference and details of the problem. The email was ignored.
I am in the process of cancelling my AA Membership - I simply don't trust them anymore