AXA PPP Health Insurance Reviews - www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

151
  • Customer service

Media Gallery for AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

“Dangerous choice - as close to gambling on health as...”

Written on: 02/02/2016

Think of your family and ask if you want to take a chance on their health when considering AXA. When policies are placed side by side it's easy to compare the benefits. When policy documents are read it's easy to understand most inclusions and exclusions. HOWEVER, what is not explained to policy holder is the pre-approval process which enables AXA to arbitrarily determine what to pay or not pay in advance therefore controlling/maximising policy value and minimising policy risk. Overall this… Read Full Review

“What rip off”

Written on: 15/01/2016 by Moshey96 (1 review written)

I have paid £132 for the last 12months I had 1 claim for a hernia which I didn't need surgery for my premium is nw £194 per month the increase exceeds the cost of my treatments this company sucks cut out axa and pay yourself or go NHS… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“I was very pleased with your quick and helpfull...”

Written on: 27/10/2015

I was very pleased with your quick and helpfull responce to my request for an appointment with a consutant… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“Excellent fast efficient service”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by sestevens (1 review written)

I needed to see a specialist and quickly, the team at AXA PPP were kind, sympathetic and took the time find me a local specialist and even made the appointment for me. The whole process was smooth, easy, efficient and professional… Read Full Review

“Terrible service ”

Written on: 22/07/2015 by CedricBaker (1 review written)

I have AXA International cover with my work in Jersey, I seem to find with every claim there is a problem. Each claim also has different actions in which they do not notify me of until I call them. Very dissappointed with the service and do not reccomend this cover for anyone… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“Horrendous , ignorant and incompetent ”

Written on: 03/06/2015 by Laith (1 review written)

I cannot urge you enough to stay away from these awful people. Blunder after blunder, the staff seem completely clueless as to their own internal processes, feeding customers conflicting and incorrect instructions designed to make you give up on claims. Never have I dealt with a more stressful company in my life ; of health insurance is meant to provide peace of mind you will not find it here. It took 6 months for them to 'recieve' notes from my GP, only to then reject my claim on the basis my… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“unnecessary process meant to just make you give up”

Written on: 31/05/2015 by NashAtkinson1947 (1 review written)

so, as a corporate AXA member; I am entitled to 12 free sessions with physio or chrio. back in 2013 and 2014, I used about 9-10 sessions per year of physio/chrio and it was all fine. this year, in 2015 when I called up AXA for a 'reference number' (you need the sessions pre-approved); I was given the number and told to call back with the name of the physio so they can confirm whether he/she is AXA authorised. the problem was that when i called axa back; they now told me that I need to go to… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/06/2015

We are very sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time claiming. We would like to look into this further to see what has happened and make sure the correct process has been followed. Hopefully this will enable us to be of assistance.

“Terrible Insurers - Don't waste your money”

Written on: 18/05/2015 by KateBolinger (1 review written)

My family has been with AXA PPP for three years. During this time they have denied many claims/referrals for me and my children. Today I called with 5 separate claims for members of my family and only one was approved. My daughter who needs a vision exam has been denied as we have noticed her walking into walls and this was considered a pre-exisiting condition. What a laugh! My son who has trouble breathing and needs to see an allergist to find the cause was denied because the GP already… Read Full Review

“Moneygrubbers!”

Written on: 14/05/2015 by ghBrowne304 (1 review written)

Before they were AXA PPP they were just PPP and just as bad! We paid for my boss each year over a period of 10 years, each year they doubled the charges until he was paying around £10K per year. No Account Management, no one asked us or said that the payments were excessive (of course, they wouldn't, would they?)but never during that period were other schemes suggested. When we queried about the amounts their response was that 'you were willing to pay' and over the course of 10 years we ended… Read Full Review

“Happy, understanding, recommend.”

Written on: 02/05/2015 by Tinabo (1 review written)

The team member helped me with the requirements that I wanted with regards to healthcare. He spoke me through the policy and exclusions placed on it. We also spoke about my budget and prices and excesses. Also he asked me my preferred hospital within my area. He then recapped everything with me, asked if I was happy and then if I wanted to go ahead with the policy, I didn't feel obliged or pushed into taking out the policy. I would recommend to a friend and family… Read Full Review

“Stay away ”

Written on: 11/02/2015 by Nihad123456789 (1 review written)

It's easy to get covered to to get hooked but if you ever had a headache they will never approve any claim to do with your head same apply for other part of your body so basically unless you never visited a doctor before all their covers not for you, that's not the worst they have the rudest and the most ignorant advisers at their claim department stay away try others… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Nihad123456789's Review

Written on: 11/02/2015

We are sorry to see you wern't able to get cover for a condition. Unfortunately as with all insurers depending on the underwriting chosen it will limit treatment for a condition that you were suffering symptoms off before enrolment.

We are quite concerned that you seemed to have felt the advisor was rude and ignorant and would like to investigate this as you do need to be treated fairly.

As we can't obtain policy details on this forum, if possible can we ask for you to Direct Message us on Twitter @AXAPPPHealth, or private message through Facebook AXAPPPHealthcare.

“Avoid AXA International like the plague!!”

Written on: 31/01/2015 by Waddellng122 (1 review written)

I' started my claim in Oct to date I have yet to be approved treatment. Never in my life have I experienced this level of deceit and inconvenience. They try every possible conceivable way to deny your claim! DO NOT use them! Thank goodness this has happened to me! My company actually covers all our staff under AXA rest assured I will be changing the staff scheme as soon as its up for renewal!! Pathetic service!… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/02/2015

We are sorry to hear this; our AXA International colleagues would like the opportunity to look into this further to better understand what has happened and look to rectify the situation if you haven't been treated fairly.

To do this we will need your membership number, unfortunately, we can't obtain or ask for your policy details on this forum. If you have access to Twitter please follow us and contact us through Direct Message on @AXAPPPHealth . Alternatively you can Direct message us on Facebook through AXAPPPHealthcare.

Many Thanks

“Disgusting service from AXA - I'm about to take legal...”

Written on: 19/01/2015 by SkyFullofStars (1 review written)

If you are considering taking AXA PPP healthcare insurance - don't - look elsewhere, anything, even no cover will be better than AXA PPP - because the chances they will pay out for anything are VERY slim, you have a higher chance of winning the lottery. I've been paying for AXA PPP private insurance at a rate of 350€/month...I had an accident, and broke many bones...does AXA believe the XRays, the consultants, the surgeons, my doctor, the physios - that I was actually injured - no they… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to SkyFullofStars's Review

Written on: 20/01/2015

We are very sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time claiming. We would like to look into this further to see what has happened and making sure the correct process has been followed. Hopefully this will enable us to be of assistance.

Unfortunately, we can't obtain or ask for your policy details on this forum. If you have access to Twitter please follow us and contact us through Direct Message on @AXAPPPHealth . Alternatively you can Direct message us on Facebook through AXAPPPHealthcare.

“totally unprofessional and dishonest”

Written on: 16/01/2015 by Porteno (1 review written)

I had been covered by AXA PPP Healthcare International for several years. When I made my first claim for 5 days hospitalisation, AXA paid for 2 days only, stating that the payout was limited by a pre-existing condition. My consultant then wrote to them saying that my illness was not caused by the pre-existing condition; and as he said to me if their excuse was valid then logically they would not have to pay at all. AXA's second excuse was to say that they did not pay for clinical… Read Full Review

Skyfullofstars's Response to Porteno's Review

Written on: 19/01/2015

this is disgusting by AXA, I'm having the exact same trouble, they are beyond a nightmare, and I'm about to obtain a lawyer to sue them for breach of contract.

Porteno's reply to Skyfullofstars's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2015

I am sorry that you are having similar problems, but it seems par for the course with AXAPPP healthcare. A friend of mine has had the same experience with them.
I recommend that you threaten them with submitting your claim to the Ombudsman for resolution. It appears that in the majority of cases the Ombudsman gives his decision in favour of the policy holders, so the insurance companies are not very willing to go down that route.
Good luck.

“AXA please advise”

Written on: 25/11/2014 by mikes86 (1 review written)

I am considering signing up for an AXA PPP private medical insurance policy. However, after reviewing all of the 1 star reviews I do not believe I will. There are a lot of review sites online pretty much stating all the same thing, that you have massive delays in getting back to your customers on time critical issues, if someone needs medical attention and the GP or consultant has said to get this operation or treatment ASAP why can you not provide a PAYING customer a quick turn around time… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to mikes86's Review

Written on: 27/11/2014

Many thanks for your questions, some of which we will not be able to be answer too specifically unfortunately as the data won’t be with ourselves but the private hospitals/consultants.

With regards to seeing a consultant whether that’s for a consultation or some form of procedure the vast majority of the time this will happen as soon as the consultant can get you in. However, as you may appreciate there are occasions where we have to ask for some extra information before we can give the go ahead. This can happen if we need to clarify if a condition comes under a policy exclusion or any underwriting that is on the policy. Also, with certain procedures, particularly complex ones, we occasionally need a report from the consultant before we can authorise the treatment.

The above is in the minority and it does depend on policy limitations that are picked which will be discussed fully before a policy is taken out. When we do ask for information normally we can get the information well before a procedure is needed so it won’t have any affect on the treatment. Failing that we do let you know what information we are after so we can look to pay retrospectively if that is appropriate at the time.

I do hope this clarifies the situation. I would also like to reiterate that the vast majority of claims go through very smoothly and efficiently.

Skyfullofstars's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2015

majority of claims do not go through smoothly and efficiently - I am a customer, about to write an honest review of AXA PPP - this company is appalling and everyone should avoid it, because AXA will never pay for your treatment...they are experts at finding excuses why they should not pay.

“I WENT FOR INJECTIONS YESTERDAY IN THEATRE REF MEMBERS...”

Written on: 22/10/2014 by charlie1979 (1 review written)

I WENT FOR INJECTIONS YESTERDAY IN THEATRE REF MEMBERS 8693821e AND GROUP 2293q CODE4 uco0161 REF ST JOSEPHS NEWPORT GWENT NO PAYMENT COULD BE USED RE AXA AND THE INFOMRATION SENT TO THE ADVISER BY LETTER. I HAD TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD AND IT WAS EMBARRASSING RE UNPAID & HAD TALKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE DESPITE YOU HAVING GIVEN THE NUMBERS TO HIM  I NOW AM WAITING ON A PROCEDURE - WHICH SHOULD BE HAPPENING MONDAY - BUT HAVE MISSED MY SLOT - AND NOW WILL HAPPEN ON THE 10TH NOVEMBER REGARDING A… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to charlie1979's Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We can see you have spoken to us since this review. We have passed these comments on to the person who is looking into this for you. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange a callback.

“Do not use Axa”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by Bongadav123 (1 review written)

Do not use them! I was ill, they tried everything to avoid paying. Even ignoring consultant and specialist opinions and advice. I had to go to the Ombudsman to get them to pay out. This took over 9 months, my health deteriorated badly as a result. I wish I'd never taken out the polic… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Bongadav123's Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We are sorry to read this review. It is certainly not our intention to avoid paying out for treatment. We hope our complaints resolution team had the opportunity to look into your concerns.

Unfortunately we can't obtain or ask for your policy details through this forum. If you have access to Twitter please follow us and contact us through Direct Message on @AXAPPPHealth or AXAPPPHealthcare on Facebook. If there is anything you would like us too look into further for you.

Bongadav123's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2014

I stress to potential buyers of AXA's income protection/healthcare, DON'T DO IT! Arguing (and winiing) my case took years off my life due to the stress. I think this is AXA's policy to cut down on claims.

“WORST EXPERIENCE - GO ELSEWHERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH.”

Written on: 18/10/2014 by Reidzp351 (1 review written)

My husband was rushed to A&E with adominal pain with doctors initially thinking it was apendicitis. The next day he had a scan and he had emergency surgery to have a cancerous tumour removed. This is how AXA behaved: 1. I had to get my husband to sign a consent form for a GP to release his notes. I gave this to the GP the same day and they sent it that morning recorded delivery - it took 2 WEEKS for his records to go on their system. THEY WILL NOT SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT ANYTHING UNLESS THE GP… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We are really concerned to read this review. We do have underwriting and Data Protection guidelines to follow as a medical insurer. However, we do try to make this as easy as possible for our members, as we appreciate when you call it is usually at a difficult time.

We would like to pass your comments on to be looked into. Unfortunately we are unable to obtain your policy details on this forum. If at all possible can you Direct Message us on Twitter @AXAPPPHealth or via Facebook on AXA PPP Healthcare. We hope to hear from you soon.

“Never again!”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by Howellva64 (1 review written)

Terrible - my first experience with an international health insurance and could not have been worse. They make it very complicated to make a claim, requesting for lots of information which is difficult to provide. When you do, they take a long time to reply making it necessary to call (and I'm abroad - so phone bills have been on the rise!). After a year, only two claims, never a response, not even informed how I can file a complaint nor cancel my insurance. What is going on?! I am truly fed… Read Full Review

“Never use this company”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by Verunz (1 review written)

You will never sort out how to get money back. On the top of that they continue charging yearly insurance payments even after you cancelled your "membership" there. And there is no way you can prove you cancelled it… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Verunz's Review

Written on: 02/09/2014

We would like to look in to this for you as all calls are recorded and premiums should not be taken on a cancelled membership. We cannot take any personal details on this forum but we have got secure messaging on Twitter and Facebook, if you have access to these please let us know your details so we can try and help.

Compare Healthcare Providers with ActiveQuote.com