AXA PPP Health Insurance Reviews - www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

146
  • Customer service

Media Gallery for AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

“Horrendous , ignorant and incompetent ”

Written on: 03/06/2015 by Laith (1 review written)

I cannot urge you enough to stay away from these awful people. Blunder after blunder, the staff seem completely clueless as to their own internal processes, feeding customers conflicting and incorrect instructions designed to make you give up on claims. Never have I dealt with a more stressful company in my life ; of health insurance is meant to provide peace of mind you will not find it here. It took 6 months for them to 'recieve' notes from my GP, only to then reject my claim on the basis my… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“unnecessary process meant to just make you give up”

Written on: 31/05/2015 by NashAtkinson1947 (1 review written)

so, as a corporate AXA member; I am entitled to 12 free sessions with physio or chrio. back in 2013 and 2014, I used about 9-10 sessions per year of physio/chrio and it was all fine. this year, in 2015 when I called up AXA for a 'reference number' (you need the sessions pre-approved); I was given the number and told to call back with the name of the physio so they can confirm whether he/she is AXA authorised. the problem was that when i called axa back; they now told me that I need to go to… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/06/2015

We are very sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time claiming. We would like to look into this further to see what has happened and make sure the correct process has been followed. Hopefully this will enable us to be of assistance.

“Terrible Insurers - Don't waste your money”

Written on: 18/05/2015 by KateBolinger (1 review written)

My family has been with AXA PPP for three years. During this time they have denied many claims/referrals for me and my children. Today I called with 5 separate claims for members of my family and only one was approved. My daughter who needs a vision exam has been denied as we have noticed her walking into walls and this was considered a pre-exisiting condition. What a laugh! My son who has trouble breathing and needs to see an allergist to find the cause was denied because the GP already… Read Full Review

“Moneygrubbers!”

Written on: 14/05/2015 by ghBrowne304 (1 review written)

Before they were AXA PPP they were just PPP and just as bad! We paid for my boss each year over a period of 10 years, each year they doubled the charges until he was paying around £10K per year. No Account Management, no one asked us or said that the payments were excessive (of course, they wouldn't, would they?)but never during that period were other schemes suggested. When we queried about the amounts their response was that 'you were willing to pay' and over the course of 10 years we ended… Read Full Review

“Happy, understanding, recommend.”

Written on: 02/05/2015 by Tinabo (1 review written)

The team member helped me with the requirements that I wanted with regards to healthcare. He spoke me through the policy and exclusions placed on it. We also spoke about my budget and prices and excesses. Also he asked me my preferred hospital within my area. He then recapped everything with me, asked if I was happy and then if I wanted to go ahead with the policy, I didn't feel obliged or pushed into taking out the policy. I would recommend to a friend and family… Read Full Review

“Stay away ”

Written on: 11/02/2015 by Nihad123456789 (1 review written)

It's easy to get covered to to get hooked but if you ever had a headache they will never approve any claim to do with your head same apply for other part of your body so basically unless you never visited a doctor before all their covers not for you, that's not the worst they have the rudest and the most ignorant advisers at their claim department stay away try others… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Nihad123456789's Review

Written on: 11/02/2015

We are sorry to see you wern't able to get cover for a condition. Unfortunately as with all insurers depending on the underwriting chosen it will limit treatment for a condition that you were suffering symptoms off before enrolment.

We are quite concerned that you seemed to have felt the advisor was rude and ignorant and would like to investigate this as you do need to be treated fairly.

As we can't obtain policy details on this forum, if possible can we ask for you to Direct Message us on Twitter @AXAPPPHealth, or private message through Facebook AXAPPPHealthcare.

“Avoid AXA International like the plague!!”

Written on: 31/01/2015 by Waddellng122 (1 review written)

I' started my claim in Oct to date I have yet to be approved treatment. Never in my life have I experienced this level of deceit and inconvenience. They try every possible conceivable way to deny your claim! DO NOT use them! Thank goodness this has happened to me! My company actually covers all our staff under AXA rest assured I will be changing the staff scheme as soon as its up for renewal!! Pathetic service!… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/02/2015

We are sorry to hear this; our AXA International colleagues would like the opportunity to look into this further to better understand what has happened and look to rectify the situation if you haven't been treated fairly.

To do this we will need your membership number, unfortunately, we can't obtain or ask for your policy details on this forum. If you have access to Twitter please follow us and contact us through Direct Message on @AXAPPPHealth . Alternatively you can Direct message us on Facebook through AXAPPPHealthcare.

Many Thanks

“Disgusting service from AXA - I'm about to take legal...”

Written on: 19/01/2015 by SkyFullofStars (1 review written)

If you are considering taking AXA PPP healthcare insurance - don't - look elsewhere, anything, even no cover will be better than AXA PPP - because the chances they will pay out for anything are VERY slim, you have a higher chance of winning the lottery. I've been paying for AXA PPP private insurance at a rate of 350€/month...I had an accident, and broke many bones...does AXA believe the XRays, the consultants, the surgeons, my doctor, the physios - that I was actually injured - no they… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to SkyFullofStars's Review

Written on: 20/01/2015

We are very sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time claiming. We would like to look into this further to see what has happened and making sure the correct process has been followed. Hopefully this will enable us to be of assistance.

Unfortunately, we can't obtain or ask for your policy details on this forum. If you have access to Twitter please follow us and contact us through Direct Message on @AXAPPPHealth . Alternatively you can Direct message us on Facebook through AXAPPPHealthcare.

“totally unprofessional and dishonest”

Written on: 16/01/2015 by Porteno (1 review written)

I had been covered by AXA PPP Healthcare International for several years. When I made my first claim for 5 days hospitalisation, AXA paid for 2 days only, stating that the payout was limited by a pre-existing condition. My consultant then wrote to them saying that my illness was not caused by the pre-existing condition; and as he said to me if their excuse was valid then logically they would not have to pay at all. AXA's second excuse was to say that they did not pay for clinical… Read Full Review

Skyfullofstars's Response to Porteno's Review

Written on: 19/01/2015

this is disgusting by AXA, I'm having the exact same trouble, they are beyond a nightmare, and I'm about to obtain a lawyer to sue them for breach of contract.

Porteno's reply to Skyfullofstars's Comment

Written on: 23/01/2015

I am sorry that you are having similar problems, but it seems par for the course with AXAPPP healthcare. A friend of mine has had the same experience with them.
I recommend that you threaten them with submitting your claim to the Ombudsman for resolution. It appears that in the majority of cases the Ombudsman gives his decision in favour of the policy holders, so the insurance companies are not very willing to go down that route.
Good luck.

“AXA please advise”

Written on: 25/11/2014 by mikes86 (1 review written)

I am considering signing up for an AXA PPP private medical insurance policy. However, after reviewing all of the 1 star reviews I do not believe I will. There are a lot of review sites online pretty much stating all the same thing, that you have massive delays in getting back to your customers on time critical issues, if someone needs medical attention and the GP or consultant has said to get this operation or treatment ASAP why can you not provide a PAYING customer a quick turn around time… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to mikes86's Review

Written on: 27/11/2014

Many thanks for your questions, some of which we will not be able to be answer too specifically unfortunately as the data won’t be with ourselves but the private hospitals/consultants.

With regards to seeing a consultant whether that’s for a consultation or some form of procedure the vast majority of the time this will happen as soon as the consultant can get you in. However, as you may appreciate there are occasions where we have to ask for some extra information before we can give the go ahead. This can happen if we need to clarify if a condition comes under a policy exclusion or any underwriting that is on the policy. Also, with certain procedures, particularly complex ones, we occasionally need a report from the consultant before we can authorise the treatment.

The above is in the minority and it does depend on policy limitations that are picked which will be discussed fully before a policy is taken out. When we do ask for information normally we can get the information well before a procedure is needed so it won’t have any affect on the treatment. Failing that we do let you know what information we are after so we can look to pay retrospectively if that is appropriate at the time.

I do hope this clarifies the situation. I would also like to reiterate that the vast majority of claims go through very smoothly and efficiently.

Skyfullofstars's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2015

majority of claims do not go through smoothly and efficiently - I am a customer, about to write an honest review of AXA PPP - this company is appalling and everyone should avoid it, because AXA will never pay for your treatment...they are experts at finding excuses why they should not pay.

“I WENT FOR INJECTIONS YESTERDAY IN THEATRE REF MEMBERS...”

Written on: 22/10/2014 by charlie1979 (1 review written)

I WENT FOR INJECTIONS YESTERDAY IN THEATRE REF MEMBERS 8693821e AND GROUP 2293q CODE4 uco0161 REF ST JOSEPHS NEWPORT GWENT NO PAYMENT COULD BE USED RE AXA AND THE INFOMRATION SENT TO THE ADVISER BY LETTER. I HAD TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD AND IT WAS EMBARRASSING RE UNPAID & HAD TALKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE DESPITE YOU HAVING GIVEN THE NUMBERS TO HIM  I NOW AM WAITING ON A PROCEDURE - WHICH SHOULD BE HAPPENING MONDAY - BUT HAVE MISSED MY SLOT - AND NOW WILL HAPPEN ON THE 10TH NOVEMBER REGARDING A… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to charlie1979's Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We can see you have spoken to us since this review. We have passed these comments on to the person who is looking into this for you. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange a callback.

“Do not use Axa”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by Bongadav123 (1 review written)

Do not use them! I was ill, they tried everything to avoid paying. Even ignoring consultant and specialist opinions and advice. I had to go to the Ombudsman to get them to pay out. This took over 9 months, my health deteriorated badly as a result. I wish I'd never taken out the polic… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Bongadav123's Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We are sorry to read this review. It is certainly not our intention to avoid paying out for treatment. We hope our complaints resolution team had the opportunity to look into your concerns.

Unfortunately we can't obtain or ask for your policy details through this forum. If you have access to Twitter please follow us and contact us through Direct Message on @AXAPPPHealth or AXAPPPHealthcare on Facebook. If there is anything you would like us too look into further for you.

Bongadav123's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2014

I stress to potential buyers of AXA's income protection/healthcare, DON'T DO IT! Arguing (and winiing) my case took years off my life due to the stress. I think this is AXA's policy to cut down on claims.

“WORST EXPERIENCE - GO ELSEWHERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH.”

Written on: 18/10/2014 by Reidzp351 (1 review written)

My husband was rushed to A&E with adominal pain with doctors initially thinking it was apendicitis. The next day he had a scan and he had emergency surgery to have a cancerous tumour removed. This is how AXA behaved: 1. I had to get my husband to sign a consent form for a GP to release his notes. I gave this to the GP the same day and they sent it that morning recorded delivery - it took 2 WEEKS for his records to go on their system. THEY WILL NOT SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT ANYTHING UNLESS THE GP… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We are really concerned to read this review. We do have underwriting and Data Protection guidelines to follow as a medical insurer. However, we do try to make this as easy as possible for our members, as we appreciate when you call it is usually at a difficult time.

We would like to pass your comments on to be looked into. Unfortunately we are unable to obtain your policy details on this forum. If at all possible can you Direct Message us on Twitter @AXAPPPHealth or via Facebook on AXA PPP Healthcare. We hope to hear from you soon.

“Never again!”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by Howellva64 (1 review written)

Terrible - my first experience with an international health insurance and could not have been worse. They make it very complicated to make a claim, requesting for lots of information which is difficult to provide. When you do, they take a long time to reply making it necessary to call (and I'm abroad - so phone bills have been on the rise!). After a year, only two claims, never a response, not even informed how I can file a complaint nor cancel my insurance. What is going on?! I am truly fed… Read Full Review

“Never use this company”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by Verunz (1 review written)

You will never sort out how to get money back. On the top of that they continue charging yearly insurance payments even after you cancelled your "membership" there. And there is no way you can prove you cancelled it… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Verunz's Review

Written on: 02/09/2014

We would like to look in to this for you as all calls are recorded and premiums should not be taken on a cancelled membership. We cannot take any personal details on this forum but we have got secure messaging on Twitter and Facebook, if you have access to these please let us know your details so we can try and help.

“Delay after delay after delay”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by AllysonCompton (1 review written)

I have cover via my work (a large London based international organisation), and as far as I know the policy is one of the best on offer. You would think that would mean something, but unfortunately not. I was referred to a specialist last week by my GP, and called AXA for authorisation, and was told they needed my medical records for the last five years, but that on receipt of them they would have an answer within 2 working days. Not ideal, but fine, so I duly arranged for the records to be… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/08/2014

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate that the situation regarding your policy underwriting is causing you some concern at this current time. Whilst we recognise from your review that you have been insured with us previously, we hope you understand that we do need to treat all of our members equally by applying the current terms of their policy.

We would like to investigate this further for you to see if there is anything we can do to ease some of your concerns, such as authorise the tests retrospectively based on your GP notes.

As you may be aware from previous reviews, we are unable to provide you with a direct contact number to call us on. Instead we would ask if you can make contact with us through our Social Media forums such as Twitter and Facebook, or directly through our website. We can then pick you your membership details and look in to your case from there. Many thanks.

Mjames2014's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2014

So you haven't had your claim approved yet and do not know the outcome yet you are slamming them because they are asking for information that probably wasnt satisfied when you called? I think people have completely unrealistic perceptions of insurance claims which im surprised given your desire to inform the world how you work for a large London international company? Im sure your own internal procedures can take time. However, all insurance companies have the right to ask for information and if you don't satisfy all in the initial call, they tell you, they can ask for more information.

Flibbertigibbet's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2014

Please see the further comment below. Of course there are processes to be gone through and information to be given. What I am objecting to is the way I was spoken to when I suggested a way of cutting through the delay, the misinformation I was given about the time frame for approval to be given and as I have subsequently discovered, that it seems to be the luck of the draw in terms of the processes that are or are not applied.

As an aside - the reference to a large company was simply to indicate the level of cover I had - i.e. this wasn't a case of the policy not covering me. Given that this is anonymous (and therefore I can't really be accused of bragging!?), I'm not really sure what your implication is in the above; it seems that you are very angry with me for some reason!

I should also update to mention that (1) my claim has now been approved - but only after chasing up and providing information again that was provided in my first contact with the helpline as this had not made its way to the underwriters (this was admitted by AXA - it's not my interpretation) and (2) the person I spoke to at AXA the second time was incredibly helpful, approved my claim then and there and said that I should have been pre approved in the first place prior to the medical records having been received as the request was for an investigatory procedure rather than ongoing treatment.

I therefore stand by my comment that this company should be avoided as they are not consistent in applying their own processes, their method of communicating what those processes was, in the first instance on speaking to them, extremely unpleasant in tone and manner, and they appear to lose confidential medical information relevant to a claim and then don't follow up to tell the claimant that they do not think they have it so it can be recitified, causing further unnecessary delays.

Flibbertigibbet's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2014

In response to AXA, what I was trying to say about previous cover is that you would have already had the information you were asking for under another old policy, at least in part, and therefore the underwriters could have got started earlier, minimising the delay. I was trying to find a practical way to get you what you needed faster and was not in any way asking for some kind of preferential treatment and resent the implication in your response that I was.

“They take your money but dont cover you 'Watch Out'”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by ReneMcIntosh (1 review written)

I pay £125 per month, I have to battle and am asked the most invasive questions, which not only make you feel you are untrustworthy, it is like they are trying to trip you up if you say one incorrect word that could give any indication a symptom is pre-exsiting. Despite a Consultants confirmation that my condition was not pre-existing they still refused to cover me, this process was not only stressful and upsetting, I could have earnt the money to pay for the operation in the time, phonecalls… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/08/2014

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience and the level of customer service you feel you have received. It is certainly not our intention to make you feel like you are 'untrustworthy.'
We would like to investigate your situation, but as you may be aware we are unable to provide any specific contact details over the Review Centre. If you would like us to look in to this further for you then we would ask if you can make contact through our website, our Facebook page or through DM on Twitter.

“Slow response”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by jeiou (1 review written)

After readying quite a number of reviews, i am glad that i have dropped the insurance plan during my cooling period. My friend's company was with AXA PPP last year, and they switched out from it this year. I was lucky enough to have talked to this friend before i confirmed signing on with AXA. Friend mentioned how slow their response rate, their claims, and how they need everyone's medical history. For companies, i believe a lot of insurer will take the risk when there is more than 10 employees… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to jeiou's Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

We acknowledge your review and we're sorry your policy didn't meet your current needs or expectations.

You are correct in that our policies do have different types of medical underwriting depending on whether they are personal or corporate schemes. The policy underwriting may impact on what you are covered for.

“Very disappointing”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by 226Byrd (1 review written)

Very unhelpful and rude when feeling anxious due to ill health. GP advice to see consultant urgently and AXA trying to delay authorisation asking for more information. Second time tried to obtain authorisation for treatment without helpful approach, very apparent they want to try not to pay out for any treatment. have read numerous reviews that have recorded similar experience, time something is done by the company to resolve these issues and restore some credibility… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

It is not our intention to delay your treatment; however there are instances where we do need further information to establish eligibility before we can advise on your cover. We appreciate this can be frustrating, unfortunately without knowing your policy details we can’t be more specific to your review. As you may be aware, we are unable to post or obtain your details securely though this site but we would like to look into things for you. If you have access to Twitter or Facebook then please contact us securely through these forums and we can then address your concerns further.

“worst service ever”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by hatemh1976 (1 review written)

slow response from customer service misleading instructions for claim processing delays in claim reimbersement… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to hatemh1976's Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

We're sorry to hear this and we would like to understand the reasons for this review. Unfortunately we can’t discuss nor ask for personal or policy details on this site, if you're able to, we'd like you to contact us securely over private message on Facebook or Twitter.

Hatemh1976's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

I already sent an official email complain through the customer online and I received a message saying we will reply back in 8 weeks. this is just another example how AXA is handling customer complaints

Axappphealthcare's reply to Hatemh1976's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2014

In line with the Financial Conduct Authority we advise a timescale of 8 weeks in order to investigate a complaint. This is why you have been advised the above timescale. We appreciate your patience while we look in to your concerns.

Hatemh1976's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

I have terminated my membership with AXA and I am going to pursue a legal action against AXA for their missleading customer service instructions and deteriorated service

Mjames2014's reply to Hatemh1976's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2014

Oh behave. Don't be so ridiculous. Read your policy documentation. It doesn't matter if its Bupa or AXA, you still need to read your documents which no one seems to do. I have cover with Bupa now having been on a work scheme with Axa previously. I can remember paperwork and handbooks being sent and I make sure I know what im covered for. Having unrealistic expectations of insurance cover will not help anyone

Hatemh1976's reply to Mjames2014's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2014

it seems you have not read my compalint correctly. it is not related to documents it is related to poor service, time delays against their claims of swift reimbersement process and wrong instructions given by official emails from AXA customer service which they also admitted in other official emails.

Compare Healthcare Providers with ActiveQuote.com