AXA PPP Health Insurance Reviews - www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

• Customer service

Media Gallery for AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

“Never use this company”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by Verunz (1 review written)

You will never sort out how to get money back. On the top of that they continue charging yearly insurance payments even after you cancelled your "membership" there. And there is no way you can prove you cancelled it… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Verunz's Review

Written on: 02/09/2014

We would like to look in to this for you as all calls are recorded and premiums should not be taken on a cancelled membership. We cannot take any personal details on this forum but we have got secure messaging on Twitter and Facebook, if you have access to these please let us know your details so we can try and help.

“Delay after delay after delay”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by AllysonCompton (1 review written)

I have cover via my work (a large London based international organisation), and as far as I know the policy is one of the best on offer. You would think that would mean something, but unfortunately not. I was referred to a specialist last week by my GP, and called AXA for authorisation, and was told they needed my medical records for the last five years, but that on receipt of them they would have an answer within 2 working days. Not ideal, but fine, so I duly arranged for the records to be… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/08/2014

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate that the situation regarding your policy underwriting is causing you some concern at this current time. Whilst we recognise from your review that you have been insured with us previously, we hope you understand that we do need to treat all of our members equally by applying the current terms of their policy.

We would like to investigate this further for you to see if there is anything we can do to ease some of your concerns, such as authorise the tests retrospectively based on your GP notes.

As you may be aware from previous reviews, we are unable to provide you with a direct contact number to call us on. Instead we would ask if you can make contact with us through our Social Media forums such as Twitter and Facebook, or directly through our website. We can then pick you your membership details and look in to your case from there. Many thanks.

Flibbertigibbet's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2014

In response to AXA, what I was trying to say about previous cover is that you would have already had the information you were asking for under another old policy, at least in part, and therefore the underwriters could have got started earlier, minimising the delay. I was trying to find a practical way to get you what you needed faster and was not in any way asking for some kind of preferential treatment and resent the implication in your response that I was.

“They take your money but dont cover you 'Watch Out'”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by ReneMcIntosh (1 review written)

I pay £125 per month, I have to battle and am asked the most invasive questions, which not only make you feel you are untrustworthy, it is like they are trying to trip you up if you say one incorrect word that could give any indication a symptom is pre-exsiting. Despite a Consultants confirmation that my condition was not pre-existing they still refused to cover me, this process was not only stressful and upsetting, I could have earnt the money to pay for the operation in the time, phonecalls… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/08/2014

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience and the level of customer service you feel you have received. It is certainly not our intention to make you feel like you are 'untrustworthy.'
We would like to investigate your situation, but as you may be aware we are unable to provide any specific contact details over the Review Centre. If you would like us to look in to this further for you then we would ask if you can make contact through our website, our Facebook page or through DM on Twitter.

“Slow response”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by jeiou (1 review written)

After readying quite a number of reviews, i am glad that i have dropped the insurance plan during my cooling period. My friend's company was with AXA PPP last year, and they switched out from it this year. I was lucky enough to have talked to this friend before i confirmed signing on with AXA. Friend mentioned how slow their response rate, their claims, and how they need everyone's medical history. For companies, i believe a lot of insurer will take the risk when there is more than 10 employees… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to jeiou's Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

We acknowledge your review and we're sorry your policy didn't meet your current needs or expectations.

You are correct in that our policies do have different types of medical underwriting depending on whether they are personal or corporate schemes. The policy underwriting may impact on what you are covered for.

“Very disappointing”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by 226Byrd (1 review written)

Very unhelpful and rude when feeling anxious due to ill health. GP advice to see consultant urgently and AXA trying to delay authorisation asking for more information. Second time tried to obtain authorisation for treatment without helpful approach, very apparent they want to try not to pay out for any treatment. have read numerous reviews that have recorded similar experience, time something is done by the company to resolve these issues and restore some credibility… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

It is not our intention to delay your treatment; however there are instances where we do need further information to establish eligibility before we can advise on your cover. We appreciate this can be frustrating, unfortunately without knowing your policy details we can’t be more specific to your review. As you may be aware, we are unable to post or obtain your details securely though this site but we would like to look into things for you. If you have access to Twitter or Facebook then please contact us securely through these forums and we can then address your concerns further.

“worst service ever”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by hatemh1976 (1 review written)

slow response from customer service misleading instructions for claim processing delays in claim reimbersement… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to hatemh1976's Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

We're sorry to hear this and we would like to understand the reasons for this review. Unfortunately we can’t discuss nor ask for personal or policy details on this site, if you're able to, we'd like you to contact us securely over private message on Facebook or Twitter.

Hatemh1976's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

I already sent an official email complain through the customer online and I received a message saying we will reply back in 8 weeks. this is just another example how AXA is handling customer complaints

Axappphealthcare's reply to Hatemh1976's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2014

In line with the Financial Conduct Authority we advise a timescale of 8 weeks in order to investigate a complaint. This is why you have been advised the above timescale. We appreciate your patience while we look in to your concerns.

Hatemh1976's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

I have terminated my membership with AXA and I am going to pursue a legal action against AXA for their missleading customer service instructions and deteriorated service

“Patients are individuals”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by LilyMac (1 review written)

I am a member of a large Association that brought AXA PPP to us as a member benefit. I was previous Y with a different company and like many of my colleagues made the switch. Worse thing we ever did. This policy has been created to shoe horn the whole association into one size fits all. I recently broke my ankle in 3 places and was in hospital for a week. I contacted AXA and gained consent to see an Orthopaedic ( ankle ) specialist. Due to the complicated nature of the fracture I saw the… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to LilyMac's Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

We are sorry to read this review as we do try and ensure all our members are aware of the cover each policy has, some members do find that their out-patient allowance gets used up quickly if there is a lot of out-patient care that needs to take place. It’s difficult to comment without knowing which policy you are on.

We would like to post our dedicated phone line for you to discuss your review and for us to see if we can help but unfortunately this site doesn’t allow us to post numbers. As members can get in touch with us securely over private message on Facebook and Twitter we suggest this is an alternative.

“Disgusted with my 4 year old daughters outcome! ”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by Em_mur (1 review written)

Since when did having tonsillitis over 2 years ago count as a 'existing medical condition'? Ridiculous! You should be ashamed! She is 4 years old & before June last year (when we opened the policy) had 1 case of tonsillitis. Since June of last year she has had 7 cases. Now because of that one case in 2012 you are now telling me my daughter isn't covered to see an ENT specialist. How on this earth can you justify tonsillitis, something which u get, have antibiotics for, and get over as an… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Em_mur's Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

We understand that you are disappointed that the underwriting on your daughter’s policy prevents you from claiming for her current tonsillitis. We can see that you have already had a conversation with one of our senior advisors about it. We are sorry we can’t cover this treatment for you on this occasion.

“ Badly let down”

Written on: 25/06/2014 by bobbybites1 (1 review written)

We have been members of PPP Axa for 30 years and have had no complaints up until this week. On previous occasions the people on the end of the telephone seemed caring and reassuring. Not any more. My husband needs surgery on his shoulder. We live 40 miles from our nearest hospital but they don't have anyone qualified enough to carry out the surgery so our GP found us a very experienced surgeon 65 miles away. He had a consultation, scans and then follow up consultation. Surgery was… Read Full Review

Bobbybites1's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 25/06/2014

Forgot to mention that every procedure has an authorisation code. There dosent seem to be any leeway regarding discharge from hospital. They want you in and out as soon as possible. They have the attitude that one code fits all. Sorry ...but every patient is an individual and has different needs. The hospitals blame the insurance companies and vice versa.

Frankieeeee's reply to Bobbybites1's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2014

Axa ppp are for people who are healthy silly. Not if you need extra care or dont fit the box. This is private medical insurance today 2014 catering for people who fit the box. Its all about making loads of dosh not about your health.

Axappphealthcare's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

As we're unable to post any contact details or policy specific information over this forum we would ask if you can please contact your Personal Advisors and ask to speak to the team that manages the Review Centre. We will then be able to obtain your member details, investigate the situation and arrange a senior colleague to liase with you from there. We believe we will be able to help you further with your concerns.

Axappphealthcare's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

Hi, we're very sorry to hear about your recent experience and we'd like to investigate the situation further to see if there's more we can do to help you.

Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook or go through our Contact Us link on our main website.

Bobbybites1's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2014

I don't do twitter nor Facebook. If I spoke to someone it would be a someone who is in a senior position and has experience of cancer patients.

Bobbybites1's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2014

Thank you for contacting us and taking the time to read my husbands file. And a very big Thank you for agreeing to him being admitted to the hospital the day before.

For anyone else in the same situation don't be fobbed off with the front line people who answer the phone. Go higher and hopefully you will get a positive result.

“Axa PPP the worst medical insurance ever... money wasted”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by Peytonp1958 (1 review written)

AXA PPP is money wasted. Until you pay and you do not ask for any treatment you have no problem. Problems start when you ask for a treatment. They deny it. The worst is that when they sell you the policy they do not tell you about the 2 years moratory... They just want to sell you the policy. When I started my policy last year I asked them if there was a questionnaire that my GP should complete and send to them. They said it was not necessary.... Anyway, I asked my GP to write a medical… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

Hi Peytonp1958, as previously discussed we are already looking into your concerns. Please bear with us whilst we conduct a full investigation.

“impossible to contact”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by andblake (2 reviews written)

I have been an AXA PPP individual member for many years without making a claim. However, I now need treatment, but I cannot make contact to get it authorised. Their phone line is continuously over subscribed and you wait in a queue forever without getting to the front of the queue. They offer the alternative of leaving your number and asking for a call back, but they do not call back. Short of throwing a brick through their window I can find no way of attracting their attention… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to andblake's Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us and would like to look in to why you haven't received a call back. We are incredibly busy at the moment, however this call back should have worked. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“We paid AXA for medical insurance for over three...”

Written on: 10/06/2014 by rhm1965 (1 review written)

We paid AXA for medical insurance for over three years. The first time we tried to use them was when i had an emergency admission on a friday night. When i callled them Saturday am i was told they would send me a form for my GP to complete then when they receieved it they would look at it. I explained i was in Hospital and couldnt get to my GP before MOnday. I was released on Sunday. The second time my wife was suffering repeated chronic pain in her chest. We had the form completed, returned it… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to rhm1965's Review

Written on: 23/06/2014

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us and would like to look in to the service you received. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Waste of money”

Written on: 02/06/2014

Because I frequently spend time in different countries in Europe I decided to pay for International Health insurance to be covered wherever I am. I was told that if I need to go and see a doctor I can and then claim back later just the bills were needed. As it happens I needed a doctor and when trying to claim they told me I need to have a form filled for each and every claim by the doctor. As I don't live next to my doctor and cannot just drop by to have the form filled (the doctor was in… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

We acknowledge your concerns and would like to look in to the service you received. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Waste of money”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by 343Chandler (1 review written)

How time consuming can it be. Husband went to doctors with a bad knee, doctors advised an MRI scan. So figured, we'll use the insurance as being self employed time is of the essence! Axa call centre won't send husband for an MRI until he has been referred to a knee specialised by the doctor. We also need to get the doctor to fill in a document to provide his findings in what and when the issue occurred, the doctors say this could take upto 10 days to fill in, and if they refer him to a knee… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/05/2014

We'd really like to investigate this for you but unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Policy and Procedures are BS”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Catalinap1984 (1 review written)

to make a claim you have to submit more paperwork than you could ever imagine and some of it needs to be filled out by the doctor while at your appt. this company is the worst at responding and reimbursing you for your insurance. the worst. … Read Full Review

Written on: 25/03/2014

“Having to jump through hoops to make a claim”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by Hullop70 (1 review written)

We have had private medical insurance for many years. Our previous health insurance was WPA and was excellent when I had to have an operation. Everything was taken care if for me. We have been with AXa now for over 3 years and they made it easy to transfer from WPA. I phoned Axa to make a claim for a prolapsed disc in my back as I need an MRI. They said my doctor needs to refer me to a specialise even though I told them I saw one from the hospital yesterday and he is sending a report to my… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/03/2014

“Do not choose Axa PPP for private health care”

Written on: 31/01/2014 by patient1982 (1 review written)

I've been with Axa now for almost 2 years. The first time I tried to make a claim they needed my last 3 years of medical history. After that was sent to them they claimed they never received it but after threatening to leave suddenly found it and approved treatment after waiting for 3 months!!. Now I'm trying to get an urgent specialist visit approved but after first claiming they do not have any medical history now they say they need a 'top-up' of GP notes before they can authorise any further… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to patient1982's Review

Written on: 06/02/2014

We'd really like to investigate this for you but unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHeath and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Health care insurance AXA PP”

Written on: 26/01/2014 by Beatrice21 (1 review written)

We have family health care cover with them for several years they have been great for us! I'm defiantly sold on private health Care especially as we have out patient care, all tests, investigations & consultants fee! It gives us peace of mind especially as 95% of NHS care has been awful especially for my disabled daughter & although not everything is covered for her anything not relating to her disability can be & we value the cash payment option we have as well!… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Beatrice21's Review

Written on: 27/01/2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. It’s great to hear how much you value your policy. If there’s anything else we can do, please don’t hesitate to call your Personal Advisors.

“Perfect in every way!”

Written on: 06/01/2014

Like most people I guess, we chose our healthcare insurance based on the cover offered and primarily the premium cost. Over the years we have had the odd small claim, but nothing major. All claims have been handled efficiently as we would hope and expect. Then a year ago my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Suddenly our world fell apart but AXA PPP came to the rescue. We made one call to tell them and were reassured that everything would be paid for. They gave us a dedicated contact who could… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/01/2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased that we could support both yourself and your wife at a time of need and we will ensure that this is passed to the relevant teams as feedback.

If there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to call.

“Will not pay for robotic prostatectomy - they claim...”

Written on: 18/11/2013

Will not pay for robotic prostatectomy - they claim its "experimental" but 3 top London specialists all recommend it over unaided surgery and I am told 85% of operations in the US and conducted this way. As the surgeon points out, its pretty obvious that having the more precise control is a huge advantage when there are nerves to be spared. The benefits in the scientific papers I have seen are clear. He says BUPA and WPA cover it. In short, they are stretching the definitions and not… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

We are sorry that you're dissatisfied that your policy doesn’t cover this procedure. We believe the word experimental may have caused some confusion when we were advising you on your cover. If you would like some further clarity please call your helpline number as unfortunately we can’t discuss specific details in this forum.

Rr1957's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2013

The other exclusion apart from experimental that they mentioned is "not proven benefits". The UK Health Technology Assessment conducted for the NHS in 2012 concluded that “Meta-analysis of data from the 37 included studies that reported positive surgical margin rates showed a statistically significant improvement for robotic compared with laparoscopic prostatectomy; probability outcome favours robotic prostatectomy.” Its final conclusions was “When considering the impacts of each intervention strategy on health states, further treatment for cancer following radical prostatectomy was estimated as a less frequent event following robotic surgery than following laparoscopic surgery. This resulted in fewer cancer-specific deaths following robotic radical prostatectomy than following laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. The consequence of this was greater QALYs following robotic surgery and it also partly compensated for the increased costs of the robotic equipment.”

Sounds pretty compelling to me. Not surprisingly the advice of 2 specialists in this area and the very experienced GP was exactly the same: if you do surgery, do the robotically assisted procedure.

Compare Healthcare Providers with ActiveQuote.com