AXA PPP Health Insurance Reviews - www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

• Customer service

Media Gallery for AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

“AXA please advise”

Written on: 25/11/2014 by mikes86 (1 review written)

I am considering signing up for an AXA PPP private medical insurance policy. However, after reviewing all of the 1 star reviews I do not believe I will. There are a lot of review sites online pretty much stating all the same thing, that you have massive delays in getting back to your customers on time critical issues, if someone needs medical attention and the GP or consultant has said to get this operation or treatment ASAP why can you not provide a PAYING customer a quick turn around time… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to mikes86's Review

Written on: 27/11/2014

Many thanks for your questions, some of which we will not be able to be answer too specifically unfortunately as the data won’t be with ourselves but the private hospitals/consultants.

With regards to seeing a consultant whether that’s for a consultation or some form of procedure the vast majority of the time this will happen as soon as the consultant can get you in. However, as you may appreciate there are occasions where we have to ask for some extra information before we can give the go ahead. This can happen if we need to clarify if a condition comes under a policy exclusion or any underwriting that is on the policy. Also, with certain procedures, particularly complex ones, we occasionally need a report from the consultant before we can authorise the treatment.

The above is in the minority and it does depend on policy limitations that are picked which will be discussed fully before a policy is taken out. When we do ask for information normally we can get the information well before a procedure is needed so it won’t have any affect on the treatment. Failing that we do let you know what information we are after so we can look to pay retrospectively if that is appropriate at the time.

I do hope this clarifies the situation. I would also like to reiterate that the vast majority of claims go through very smoothly and efficiently.

“I WENT FOR INJECTIONS YESTERDAY IN THEATRE REF MEMBERS...”

Written on: 22/10/2014 by charlie1979 (1 review written)

I WENT FOR INJECTIONS YESTERDAY IN THEATRE REF MEMBERS 8693821e AND GROUP 2293q CODE4 uco0161 REF ST JOSEPHS NEWPORT GWENT NO PAYMENT COULD BE USED RE AXA AND THE INFOMRATION SENT TO THE ADVISER BY LETTER. I HAD TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD AND IT WAS EMBARRASSING RE UNPAID & HAD TALKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE DESPITE YOU HAVING GIVEN THE NUMBERS TO HIM  I NOW AM WAITING ON A PROCEDURE - WHICH SHOULD BE HAPPENING MONDAY - BUT HAVE MISSED MY SLOT - AND NOW WILL HAPPEN ON THE 10TH NOVEMBER REGARDING A… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to charlie1979's Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We can see you have spoken to us since this review. We have passed these comments on to the person who is looking into this for you. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange a callback.

“Do not use Axa”

Written on: 19/10/2014 by Bongadav123 (1 review written)

Do not use them! I was ill, they tried everything to avoid paying. Even ignoring consultant and specialist opinions and advice. I had to go to the Ombudsman to get them to pay out. This took over 9 months, my health deteriorated badly as a result. I wish I'd never taken out the polic… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Bongadav123's Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We are sorry to read this review. It is certainly not our intention to avoid paying out for treatment. We hope our complaints resolution team had the opportunity to look into your concerns.

Unfortunately we can't obtain or ask for your policy details through this forum. If you have access to Twitter please follow us and contact us through Direct Message on @AXAPPPHealth or AXAPPPHealthcare on Facebook. If there is anything you would like us too look into further for you.

Bongadav123's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2014

I stress to potential buyers of AXA's income protection/healthcare, DON'T DO IT! Arguing (and winiing) my case took years off my life due to the stress. I think this is AXA's policy to cut down on claims.

“WORST EXPERIENCE - GO ELSEWHERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH.”

Written on: 18/10/2014 by Reidzp351 (1 review written)

My husband was rushed to A&E with adominal pain with doctors initially thinking it was apendicitis. The next day he had a scan and he had emergency surgery to have a cancerous tumour removed. This is how AXA behaved: 1. I had to get my husband to sign a consent form for a GP to release his notes. I gave this to the GP the same day and they sent it that morning recorded delivery - it took 2 WEEKS for his records to go on their system. THEY WILL NOT SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT ANYTHING UNLESS THE GP… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/10/2014

We are really concerned to read this review. We do have underwriting and Data Protection guidelines to follow as a medical insurer. However, we do try to make this as easy as possible for our members, as we appreciate when you call it is usually at a difficult time.

We would like to pass your comments on to be looked into. Unfortunately we are unable to obtain your policy details on this forum. If at all possible can you Direct Message us on Twitter @AXAPPPHealth or via Facebook on AXA PPP Healthcare. We hope to hear from you soon.

“Never again!”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by Howellva64 (1 review written)

Terrible - my first experience with an international health insurance and could not have been worse. They make it very complicated to make a claim, requesting for lots of information which is difficult to provide. When you do, they take a long time to reply making it necessary to call (and I'm abroad - so phone bills have been on the rise!). After a year, only two claims, never a response, not even informed how I can file a complaint nor cancel my insurance. What is going on?! I am truly fed… Read Full Review

“Never use this company”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by Verunz (1 review written)

You will never sort out how to get money back. On the top of that they continue charging yearly insurance payments even after you cancelled your "membership" there. And there is no way you can prove you cancelled it… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Verunz's Review

Written on: 02/09/2014

We would like to look in to this for you as all calls are recorded and premiums should not be taken on a cancelled membership. We cannot take any personal details on this forum but we have got secure messaging on Twitter and Facebook, if you have access to these please let us know your details so we can try and help.

“Delay after delay after delay”

Written on: 28/08/2014 by AllysonCompton (1 review written)

I have cover via my work (a large London based international organisation), and as far as I know the policy is one of the best on offer. You would think that would mean something, but unfortunately not. I was referred to a specialist last week by my GP, and called AXA for authorisation, and was told they needed my medical records for the last five years, but that on receipt of them they would have an answer within 2 working days. Not ideal, but fine, so I duly arranged for the records to be… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/08/2014

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate that the situation regarding your policy underwriting is causing you some concern at this current time. Whilst we recognise from your review that you have been insured with us previously, we hope you understand that we do need to treat all of our members equally by applying the current terms of their policy.

We would like to investigate this further for you to see if there is anything we can do to ease some of your concerns, such as authorise the tests retrospectively based on your GP notes.

As you may be aware from previous reviews, we are unable to provide you with a direct contact number to call us on. Instead we would ask if you can make contact with us through our Social Media forums such as Twitter and Facebook, or directly through our website. We can then pick you your membership details and look in to your case from there. Many thanks.

Mjames2014's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2014

So you haven't had your claim approved yet and do not know the outcome yet you are slamming them because they are asking for information that probably wasnt satisfied when you called? I think people have completely unrealistic perceptions of insurance claims which im surprised given your desire to inform the world how you work for a large London international company? Im sure your own internal procedures can take time. However, all insurance companies have the right to ask for information and if you don't satisfy all in the initial call, they tell you, they can ask for more information.

Flibbertigibbet's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2014

Please see the further comment below. Of course there are processes to be gone through and information to be given. What I am objecting to is the way I was spoken to when I suggested a way of cutting through the delay, the misinformation I was given about the time frame for approval to be given and as I have subsequently discovered, that it seems to be the luck of the draw in terms of the processes that are or are not applied.

As an aside - the reference to a large company was simply to indicate the level of cover I had - i.e. this wasn't a case of the policy not covering me. Given that this is anonymous (and therefore I can't really be accused of bragging!?), I'm not really sure what your implication is in the above; it seems that you are very angry with me for some reason!

I should also update to mention that (1) my claim has now been approved - but only after chasing up and providing information again that was provided in my first contact with the helpline as this had not made its way to the underwriters (this was admitted by AXA - it's not my interpretation) and (2) the person I spoke to at AXA the second time was incredibly helpful, approved my claim then and there and said that I should have been pre approved in the first place prior to the medical records having been received as the request was for an investigatory procedure rather than ongoing treatment.

I therefore stand by my comment that this company should be avoided as they are not consistent in applying their own processes, their method of communicating what those processes was, in the first instance on speaking to them, extremely unpleasant in tone and manner, and they appear to lose confidential medical information relevant to a claim and then don't follow up to tell the claimant that they do not think they have it so it can be recitified, causing further unnecessary delays.

Flibbertigibbet's Comment

Written on: 30/08/2014

In response to AXA, what I was trying to say about previous cover is that you would have already had the information you were asking for under another old policy, at least in part, and therefore the underwriters could have got started earlier, minimising the delay. I was trying to find a practical way to get you what you needed faster and was not in any way asking for some kind of preferential treatment and resent the implication in your response that I was.

“They take your money but dont cover you 'Watch Out'”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by ReneMcIntosh (1 review written)

I pay £125 per month, I have to battle and am asked the most invasive questions, which not only make you feel you are untrustworthy, it is like they are trying to trip you up if you say one incorrect word that could give any indication a symptom is pre-exsiting. Despite a Consultants confirmation that my condition was not pre-existing they still refused to cover me, this process was not only stressful and upsetting, I could have earnt the money to pay for the operation in the time, phonecalls… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/08/2014

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience and the level of customer service you feel you have received. It is certainly not our intention to make you feel like you are 'untrustworthy.'
We would like to investigate your situation, but as you may be aware we are unable to provide any specific contact details over the Review Centre. If you would like us to look in to this further for you then we would ask if you can make contact through our website, our Facebook page or through DM on Twitter.

“Slow response”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by jeiou (1 review written)

After readying quite a number of reviews, i am glad that i have dropped the insurance plan during my cooling period. My friend's company was with AXA PPP last year, and they switched out from it this year. I was lucky enough to have talked to this friend before i confirmed signing on with AXA. Friend mentioned how slow their response rate, their claims, and how they need everyone's medical history. For companies, i believe a lot of insurer will take the risk when there is more than 10 employees… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to jeiou's Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

We acknowledge your review and we're sorry your policy didn't meet your current needs or expectations.

You are correct in that our policies do have different types of medical underwriting depending on whether they are personal or corporate schemes. The policy underwriting may impact on what you are covered for.

“Very disappointing”

Written on: 27/07/2014 by 226Byrd (1 review written)

Very unhelpful and rude when feeling anxious due to ill health. GP advice to see consultant urgently and AXA trying to delay authorisation asking for more information. Second time tried to obtain authorisation for treatment without helpful approach, very apparent they want to try not to pay out for any treatment. have read numerous reviews that have recorded similar experience, time something is done by the company to resolve these issues and restore some credibility… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

It is not our intention to delay your treatment; however there are instances where we do need further information to establish eligibility before we can advise on your cover. We appreciate this can be frustrating, unfortunately without knowing your policy details we can’t be more specific to your review. As you may be aware, we are unable to post or obtain your details securely though this site but we would like to look into things for you. If you have access to Twitter or Facebook then please contact us securely through these forums and we can then address your concerns further.

“worst service ever”

Written on: 26/07/2014 by hatemh1976 (1 review written)

slow response from customer service misleading instructions for claim processing delays in claim reimbersement… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to hatemh1976's Review

Written on: 28/07/2014

We're sorry to hear this and we would like to understand the reasons for this review. Unfortunately we can’t discuss nor ask for personal or policy details on this site, if you're able to, we'd like you to contact us securely over private message on Facebook or Twitter.

Hatemh1976's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

I already sent an official email complain through the customer online and I received a message saying we will reply back in 8 weeks. this is just another example how AXA is handling customer complaints

Axappphealthcare's reply to Hatemh1976's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2014

In line with the Financial Conduct Authority we advise a timescale of 8 weeks in order to investigate a complaint. This is why you have been advised the above timescale. We appreciate your patience while we look in to your concerns.

Hatemh1976's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2014

I have terminated my membership with AXA and I am going to pursue a legal action against AXA for their missleading customer service instructions and deteriorated service

Mjames2014's reply to Hatemh1976's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2014

Oh behave. Don't be so ridiculous. Read your policy documentation. It doesn't matter if its Bupa or AXA, you still need to read your documents which no one seems to do. I have cover with Bupa now having been on a work scheme with Axa previously. I can remember paperwork and handbooks being sent and I make sure I know what im covered for. Having unrealistic expectations of insurance cover will not help anyone

Hatemh1976's reply to Mjames2014's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2014

it seems you have not read my compalint correctly. it is not related to documents it is related to poor service, time delays against their claims of swift reimbersement process and wrong instructions given by official emails from AXA customer service which they also admitted in other official emails.

“Patients are individuals”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by LilyMac (1 review written)

I am a member of a large Association that brought AXA PPP to us as a member benefit. I was previous Y with a different company and like many of my colleagues made the switch. Worse thing we ever did. This policy has been created to shoe horn the whole association into one size fits all. I recently broke my ankle in 3 places and was in hospital for a week. I contacted AXA and gained consent to see an Orthopaedic ( ankle ) specialist. Due to the complicated nature of the fracture I saw the… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to LilyMac's Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

We are sorry to read this review as we do try and ensure all our members are aware of the cover each policy has, some members do find that their out-patient allowance gets used up quickly if there is a lot of out-patient care that needs to take place. It’s difficult to comment without knowing which policy you are on.

We would like to post our dedicated phone line for you to discuss your review and for us to see if we can help but unfortunately this site doesn’t allow us to post numbers. As members can get in touch with us securely over private message on Facebook and Twitter we suggest this is an alternative.

Mjames2014's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 16/09/2014

She should of read her handbook. Classic error of many yet are the first to shout to the press. I find it incredible she can spend the time writing to her magazine but not to read her handbook carefully

Lilymac's reply to Mjames2014's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2014

You are making assumptions that you are not entitled to make. As a member of a LARGE organisation we were not supplied with handbooks, merely a piece of paper with the Option 1 declared upon it. Even if I could have ( of ???) read a handbook online it would not detail the cost of the consultant, nor the blood test or the x ray. Which in one session amounted to £400. It was disingenuous of this company not to make our members aware of what the £1000 would buy. Had we been aware then the majority of us would certainly not have abandoned our BUPA policy for this company. As for writing to the company's magazine, it is the only way to bring this to the attention of our national committee as AXA refused to give me details of the financial administrator who put this in place.
So before you put pen to paper with ill informed comments perhaps you should be sure of your facts, mJames2014.

“Disgusted with my 4 year old daughters outcome! ”

Written on: 17/07/2014 by Em_mur (1 review written)

Since when did having tonsillitis over 2 years ago count as a 'existing medical condition'? Ridiculous! You should be ashamed! She is 4 years old & before June last year (when we opened the policy) had 1 case of tonsillitis. Since June of last year she has had 7 cases. Now because of that one case in 2012 you are now telling me my daughter isn't covered to see an ENT specialist. How on this earth can you justify tonsillitis, something which u get, have antibiotics for, and get over as an… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Em_mur's Review

Written on: 22/07/2014

We understand that you are disappointed that the underwriting on your daughter’s policy prevents you from claiming for her current tonsillitis. We can see that you have already had a conversation with one of our senior advisors about it. We are sorry we can’t cover this treatment for you on this occasion.

“ Badly let down”

Written on: 25/06/2014 by bobbybites1 (1 review written)

We have been members of PPP Axa for 30 years and have had no complaints up until this week. On previous occasions the people on the end of the telephone seemed caring and reassuring. Not any more. My husband needs surgery on his shoulder. We live 40 miles from our nearest hospital but they don't have anyone qualified enough to carry out the surgery so our GP found us a very experienced surgeon 65 miles away. He had a consultation, scans and then follow up consultation. Surgery was… Read Full Review

Bobbybites1's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 25/06/2014

Forgot to mention that every procedure has an authorisation code. There dosent seem to be any leeway regarding discharge from hospital. They want you in and out as soon as possible. They have the attitude that one code fits all. Sorry ...but every patient is an individual and has different needs. The hospitals blame the insurance companies and vice versa.

Frankieeeee's reply to Bobbybites1's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2014

Axa ppp are for people who are healthy silly. Not if you need extra care or dont fit the box. This is private medical insurance today 2014 catering for people who fit the box. Its all about making loads of dosh not about your health.

Axappphealthcare's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

As we're unable to post any contact details or policy specific information over this forum we would ask if you can please contact your Personal Advisors and ask to speak to the team that manages the Review Centre. We will then be able to obtain your member details, investigate the situation and arrange a senior colleague to liase with you from there. We believe we will be able to help you further with your concerns.

Axappphealthcare's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

Hi, we're very sorry to hear about your recent experience and we'd like to investigate the situation further to see if there's more we can do to help you.

Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook or go through our Contact Us link on our main website.

Bobbybites1's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2014

I don't do twitter nor Facebook. If I spoke to someone it would be a someone who is in a senior position and has experience of cancer patients.

Bobbybites1's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2014

Thank you for contacting us and taking the time to read my husbands file. And a very big Thank you for agreeing to him being admitted to the hospital the day before.

For anyone else in the same situation don't be fobbed off with the front line people who answer the phone. Go higher and hopefully you will get a positive result.

“Axa PPP the worst medical insurance ever... money wasted”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by Peytonp1958 (1 review written)

AXA PPP is money wasted. Until you pay and you do not ask for any treatment you have no problem. Problems start when you ask for a treatment. They deny it. The worst is that when they sell you the policy they do not tell you about the 2 years moratory... They just want to sell you the policy. When I started my policy last year I asked them if there was a questionnaire that my GP should complete and send to them. They said it was not necessary.... Anyway, I asked my GP to write a medical… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

Hi Peytonp1958, as previously discussed we are already looking into your concerns. Please bear with us whilst we conduct a full investigation.

“impossible to contact”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by andblake (2 reviews written)

I have been an AXA PPP individual member for many years without making a claim. However, I now need treatment, but I cannot make contact to get it authorised. Their phone line is continuously over subscribed and you wait in a queue forever without getting to the front of the queue. They offer the alternative of leaving your number and asking for a call back, but they do not call back. Short of throwing a brick through their window I can find no way of attracting their attention… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to andblake's Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us and would like to look in to why you haven't received a call back. We are incredibly busy at the moment, however this call back should have worked. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“We paid AXA for medical insurance for over three...”

Written on: 10/06/2014 by rhm1965 (1 review written)

We paid AXA for medical insurance for over three years. The first time we tried to use them was when i had an emergency admission on a friday night. When i callled them Saturday am i was told they would send me a form for my GP to complete then when they receieved it they would look at it. I explained i was in Hospital and couldnt get to my GP before MOnday. I was released on Sunday. The second time my wife was suffering repeated chronic pain in her chest. We had the form completed, returned it… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to rhm1965's Review

Written on: 23/06/2014

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us and would like to look in to the service you received. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Waste of money”

Written on: 02/06/2014

Because I frequently spend time in different countries in Europe I decided to pay for International Health insurance to be covered wherever I am. I was told that if I need to go and see a doctor I can and then claim back later just the bills were needed. As it happens I needed a doctor and when trying to claim they told me I need to have a form filled for each and every claim by the doctor. As I don't live next to my doctor and cannot just drop by to have the form filled (the doctor was in… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

We acknowledge your concerns and would like to look in to the service you received. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Waste of money”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by 343Chandler (1 review written)

How time consuming can it be. Husband went to doctors with a bad knee, doctors advised an MRI scan. So figured, we'll use the insurance as being self employed time is of the essence! Axa call centre won't send husband for an MRI until he has been referred to a knee specialised by the doctor. We also need to get the doctor to fill in a document to provide his findings in what and when the issue occurred, the doctors say this could take upto 10 days to fill in, and if they refer him to a knee… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/05/2014

We'd really like to investigate this for you but unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Policy and Procedures are BS”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Catalinap1984 (1 review written)

to make a claim you have to submit more paperwork than you could ever imagine and some of it needs to be filled out by the doctor while at your appt. this company is the worst at responding and reimbursing you for your insurance. the worst. … Read Full Review

Written on: 25/03/2014