AXA PPP Health Insurance Reviews - www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

• Customer service

Media Gallery for AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

AXA PPP Health Insurance www.axappphealthcare.co.uk

“ Badly let down”

Written on: 25/06/2014 by bobbybites1 (1 review written)

We have been members of PPP Axa for 30 years and have had no complaints up until this week. On previous occasions the people on the end of the telephone seemed caring and reassuring. Not any more. My husband needs surgery on his shoulder. We live 40 miles from our nearest hospital but they don't have anyone qualified enough to carry out the surgery so our GP found us a very experienced surgeon 65 miles away. He had a consultation, scans and then follow up consultation. Surgery was… Read Full Review

Bobbybites1's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 25/06/2014

Forgot to mention that every procedure has an authorisation code. There dosent seem to be any leeway regarding discharge from hospital. They want you in and out as soon as possible. They have the attitude that one code fits all. Sorry ...but every patient is an individual and has different needs. The hospitals blame the insurance companies and vice versa.

Frankieeeee's reply to Bobbybites1's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2014

Axa ppp are for people who are healthy silly. Not if you need extra care or dont fit the box. This is private medical insurance today 2014 catering for people who fit the box. Its all about making loads of dosh not about your health.

Axappphealthcare's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

As we're unable to post any contact details or policy specific information over this forum we would ask if you can please contact your Personal Advisors and ask to speak to the team that manages the Review Centre. We will then be able to obtain your member details, investigate the situation and arrange a senior colleague to liase with you from there. We believe we will be able to help you further with your concerns.

Axappphealthcare's Response to bobbybites1's Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

Hi, we're very sorry to hear about your recent experience and we'd like to investigate the situation further to see if there's more we can do to help you.

Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook or go through our Contact Us link on our main website.

Bobbybites1's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2014

I don't do twitter nor Facebook. If I spoke to someone it would be a someone who is in a senior position and has experience of cancer patients.

Bobbybites1's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 27/06/2014

Thank you for contacting us and taking the time to read my husbands file. And a very big Thank you for agreeing to him being admitted to the hospital the day before.

For anyone else in the same situation don't be fobbed off with the front line people who answer the phone. Go higher and hopefully you will get a positive result.

“Axa PPP the worst medical insurance ever... money wasted”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by Peytonp1958 (1 review written)

AXA PPP is money wasted. Until you pay and you do not ask for any treatment you have no problem. Problems start when you ask for a treatment. They deny it. The worst is that when they sell you the policy they do not tell you about the 2 years moratory... They just want to sell you the policy. When I started my policy last year I asked them if there was a questionnaire that my GP should complete and send to them. They said it was not necessary.... Anyway, I asked my GP to write a medical… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

Hi Peytonp1958, as previously discussed we are already looking into your concerns. Please bear with us whilst we conduct a full investigation.

“impossible to contact”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by andblake (2 reviews written)

I have been an AXA PPP individual member for many years without making a claim. However, I now need treatment, but I cannot make contact to get it authorised. Their phone line is continuously over subscribed and you wait in a queue forever without getting to the front of the queue. They offer the alternative of leaving your number and asking for a call back, but they do not call back. Short of throwing a brick through their window I can find no way of attracting their attention… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to andblake's Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us and would like to look in to why you haven't received a call back. We are incredibly busy at the moment, however this call back should have worked. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“We paid AXA for medical insurance for over three...”

Written on: 10/06/2014 by rhm1965 (1 review written)

We paid AXA for medical insurance for over three years. The first time we tried to use them was when i had an emergency admission on a friday night. When i callled them Saturday am i was told they would send me a form for my GP to complete then when they receieved it they would look at it. I explained i was in Hospital and couldnt get to my GP before MOnday. I was released on Sunday. The second time my wife was suffering repeated chronic pain in her chest. We had the form completed, returned it… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to rhm1965's Review

Written on: 23/06/2014

We're sorry to hear about your experience with us and would like to look in to the service you received. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Waste of money”

Written on: 02/06/2014

Because I frequently spend time in different countries in Europe I decided to pay for International Health insurance to be covered wherever I am. I was told that if I need to go and see a doctor I can and then claim back later just the bills were needed. As it happens I needed a doctor and when trying to claim they told me I need to have a form filled for each and every claim by the doctor. As I don't live next to my doctor and cannot just drop by to have the form filled (the doctor was in… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

We acknowledge your concerns and would like to look in to the service you received. Unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Waste of money”

Written on: 02/05/2014 by 343Chandler (1 review written)

How time consuming can it be. Husband went to doctors with a bad knee, doctors advised an MRI scan. So figured, we'll use the insurance as being self employed time is of the essence! Axa call centre won't send husband for an MRI until he has been referred to a knee specialised by the doctor. We also need to get the doctor to fill in a document to provide his findings in what and when the issue occurred, the doctors say this could take upto 10 days to fill in, and if they refer him to a knee… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/05/2014

We'd really like to investigate this for you but unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHealth and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Policy and Procedures are BS”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by Catalinap1984 (1 review written)

to make a claim you have to submit more paperwork than you could ever imagine and some of it needs to be filled out by the doctor while at your appt. this company is the worst at responding and reimbursing you for your insurance. the worst. … Read Full Review

Written on: 25/03/2014

“Having to jump through hoops to make a claim”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by Hullop70 (1 review written)

We have had private medical insurance for many years. Our previous health insurance was WPA and was excellent when I had to have an operation. Everything was taken care if for me. We have been with AXa now for over 3 years and they made it easy to transfer from WPA. I phoned Axa to make a claim for a prolapsed disc in my back as I need an MRI. They said my doctor needs to refer me to a specialise even though I told them I saw one from the hospital yesterday and he is sending a report to my… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/03/2014

“Do not choose Axa PPP for private health care”

Written on: 31/01/2014 by patient1982 (1 review written)

I've been with Axa now for almost 2 years. The first time I tried to make a claim they needed my last 3 years of medical history. After that was sent to them they claimed they never received it but after threatening to leave suddenly found it and approved treatment after waiting for 3 months!!. Now I'm trying to get an urgent specialist visit approved but after first claiming they do not have any medical history now they say they need a 'top-up' of GP notes before they can authorise any further… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to patient1982's Review

Written on: 06/02/2014

We'd really like to investigate this for you but unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHeath and we can obtain your policy details through direct message. Alternatively you can find and contact us on Facebook.

“Health care insurance AXA PP”

Written on: 26/01/2014 by Beatrice21 (1 review written)

We have family health care cover with them for several years they have been great for us! I'm defiantly sold on private health Care especially as we have out patient care, all tests, investigations & consultants fee! It gives us peace of mind especially as 95% of NHS care has been awful especially for my disabled daughter & although not everything is covered for her anything not relating to her disability can be & we value the cash payment option we have as well!… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Beatrice21's Review

Written on: 27/01/2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. It’s great to hear how much you value your policy. If there’s anything else we can do, please don’t hesitate to call your Personal Advisors.

“Perfect in every way!”

Written on: 06/01/2014

Like most people I guess, we chose our healthcare insurance based on the cover offered and primarily the premium cost. Over the years we have had the odd small claim, but nothing major. All claims have been handled efficiently as we would hope and expect. Then a year ago my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Suddenly our world fell apart but AXA PPP came to the rescue. We made one call to tell them and were reassured that everything would be paid for. They gave us a dedicated contact who could… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/01/2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased that we could support both yourself and your wife at a time of need and we will ensure that this is passed to the relevant teams as feedback.

If there is anything we can do please do not hesitate to call.

“Will not pay for robotic prostatectomy - they claim...”

Written on: 18/11/2013

Will not pay for robotic prostatectomy - they claim its "experimental" but 3 top London specialists all recommend it over unaided surgery and I am told 85% of operations in the US and conducted this way. As the surgeon points out, its pretty obvious that having the more precise control is a huge advantage when there are nerves to be spared. The benefits in the scientific papers I have seen are clear. He says BUPA and WPA cover it. In short, they are stretching the definitions and not… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

We are sorry that you're dissatisfied that your policy doesn’t cover this procedure. We believe the word experimental may have caused some confusion when we were advising you on your cover. If you would like some further clarity please call your helpline number as unfortunately we can’t discuss specific details in this forum.

Rr1957's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2013

The other exclusion apart from experimental that they mentioned is "not proven benefits". The UK Health Technology Assessment conducted for the NHS in 2012 concluded that “Meta-analysis of data from the 37 included studies that reported positive surgical margin rates showed a statistically significant improvement for robotic compared with laparoscopic prostatectomy; probability outcome favours robotic prostatectomy.” Its final conclusions was “When considering the impacts of each intervention strategy on health states, further treatment for cancer following radical prostatectomy was estimated as a less frequent event following robotic surgery than following laparoscopic surgery. This resulted in fewer cancer-specific deaths following robotic radical prostatectomy than following laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. The consequence of this was greater QALYs following robotic surgery and it also partly compensated for the increased costs of the robotic equipment.”

Sounds pretty compelling to me. Not surprisingly the advice of 2 specialists in this area and the very experienced GP was exactly the same: if you do surgery, do the robotically assisted procedure.

“Join axa medical aid if you want to wait over 6 months...”

Written on: 04/11/2013 by cja138 (1 review written)

This is where you should be able to rate 0 stars. This medical aid company is useless! I am technically in debt over 1500dollars (roughly converted from Rand) because Axa said they would pay but have not yet managed to do so! It has been over 6 months since the claim was made and they try to pass the buck onto someone else saying that they are waiting for some other company to pay. I am disgusted and do not recommend this to anyone. No one deserves to go through this torture. I feel sorry for… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to cja138's Review

Written on: 19/11/2013

We'd really like to help you with this, but unfortunately we can't discuss any personal or policy specifics over this forum. Are you able to contact your helpline? Alterntively, if you have access to Twitter, please tweet us @AXAPPPHeath and we can obtain your policy details through direct message.

“Stay away!”

Written on: 04/11/2013

Like many of the reviews on this site sadly my experience is just as bad! AXA paid for me to see a consultant about 5 months ago and I have been trying for over 3 months now to get the surgery my consultant wants to perform. My consultant booked me in for surgery in August and I contacted AXA to get the cover arranged. I thought this would be fine. I spent everyday chasing them up before my admittance to get it all sorted. First AXA lost my referral letter which had already been used to get me… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“Pay costs first, claim later, worry in the meantime”

Written on: 01/10/2013 by michael_m (1 review written)

My elderly relative with AXA PPP travel insurance had an out of the blue medical emergency whilst on holiday. Ambulance straight to local hospital and intensive care So you end up in a foreign, (non EU), hospital, and you expect your insurers to tell the hospital they are covering the cost. Think again... AXA demand, 1) a form to be filled in by the seriously ill patient to authorise GP in UK to release notes 2) a medical report from the hospital abroad, presumably in English 3) time to… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to michael_m's Review

Written on: 03/10/2013

We would like to look into all the points raised in your review. Please call us to discuss this review quoting reference FR0110.

Michael_M's reply to Axappphealthcare's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2013

I will pass that to my relative, it's their call.

The story ends...As my relative was dressed, waiting to be discharged, with a security guard outside the door, AXA finally agreed to cover the cost. An educated guess would be 15,000 Pounds.
I'm sure AXA have done nothing wrong, but travellers be aware. If you have a heart attack or a stroke abroad, AXA will scrutinise your past medical history, even if your policy has no exclusions. That takes time, time you spend worrying. I asked AXA every day for a week. "Will you tell the hospital that AXA will be paying?". Every day for a week AXA told me "We can't do that". When your relative is fighting for their life, how do you tell them "You may not be insured"

“Would give a no star ”

Written on: 30/09/2013 by Ollieboy (1 review written)

I broke my arm oversea and needed pins in it. This was in aug and now oct and been waiting for my money that was all agreed about 10 days ago. Been on the phone nearly everyday to be told different things every time. My biggest thing with. Axa is been saying will call u back. I have been waiting for that call for 10 days. It's the I will call u back that bugs me. I don't understand when the claim is agreed that 11 days later I am still waiting for my money and the call back … Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Ollieboy's Review

Written on: 03/10/2013

We would really like to help with this, please call us to discuss this review quoting reference FR3009

“We have had more than 35 years of Private Healthcare”

Written on: 22/09/2013

We were previously with another provider who then passed our policy on to AXA.WHAT A TERRIBLE MISTAKE THAT WAS. I am a breast cancer survivor and needed some further surgery. I was told by 4 different people that I would be covered for this surgery and the fifth person changed his mind, for no reason.He was rude, bad mannered and totally lacking in customer care at a time when it is needed more than ever. I then contacted the Complaints Resolution Dept. and was then told that I would never… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/10/2013

We will be in touch with you regarding this review.

“Great - Until you retire !”

Written on: 21/09/2013 by GerryInKent (1 review written)

I was with AXA/PPP because my company started to offer it as a perk, so accepting it was a no-brainer: existing conditions were covered (as I recall) and there was definitely no medical exam required. Policy was 'Health Cover Trust Cover 1'. I only had to pay tax on the value the benefit (under £700 in 2013), so the cost to me was about that of buying a quality newspaper each workday, just over a fiver a week. After about eight years or nine years I had a couple of operations and I just… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to GerryInKent's Review

Written on: 03/10/2013

Great to hear you felt our call centre was good, friendly and efficient. If you would like to discuss anything in your review further please call us quoting reference FR2109.

“A rip off on the scale of PPI”

Written on: 19/09/2013 by Bmwifw (1 review written)

I'm on a company plan for my family. My wife in her late forties went to see her GP about her monthly cycle pains. Her doctor referred her for a gyno consultation and AXA made an appointment at a local hospital. At the first consultation the consultant took blood and a scan before telling her the week after she needed an operation. This morning I received a bill for £730 for the costs of the outpatient treatment as it had gone over the £825 yearly limit. Strange thing is she rang me from the… Read Full Review

Axappphealthcare's Response to Bmwifw's Review

Written on: 03/10/2013

We do our best to make our members aware if they have specific outpatient allowances on their policies. If you feel you were not advised appropriately then this is something we would like to look into. To discuss your review please call us quoting reference FR19092.

“Will not pay out for treatment”

Written on: 19/09/2013

I have had a recent experience where Axa PPP have refused to pay for treatment based on grammar. And have persisted with this even after a subsequent report has demonstrated an existing condition. After this I discussed with friends, several of whom have been denies cover. In one case Axa refuses to pay for a treatment expect under conditions that they had been told by a consultant would put the patients' life at risk. I would never take out a policy. I will actively encourage others not to… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/10/2013

This seems very strange as we know our Customer Service teams pride themselves on knowledge and care. We would like to look into this for you. If you would like to discuss your review please call us quoting reference FR1909

Compare Healthcare Providers with ActiveQuote.com