Renault Traffic Reviews

Renault Traffic - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Renault Traffic

Renault Traffic
Renault Traffic

“Great ride, good economy, but would I buy another - NO!”

Written on: 13/10/2013 by Adrianthejoiner (1 review written)

I bought a Renault trafic, long wheelbase, in 2004, brand new. What originally sold it to me was the capacity and the ride quality. A very smooth ride, punchy engine and very comfortable cab. I have now had it for 9 years and can't wait to get shot of it. You ask why? The answer is that this has to be viewed on a commercial basis as it is a commercial vehicle, you have to take into account reliability and maintenance costs, both of which are appalling in my experience. If you are considering… Read Full Review

Froggit's Response to Adrianthejoiner's Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

Likewise, I bought my van from new (59 plate) just reached 43.000 miles. Firstly had to have new rear discs because they rusted out at just 18,000 miles. Had to battle with Renault to get some contribution which in fairness they did. Now both front strut tops have collapsed at this low mileage! And I was charged £96 for the privilege of telling me this yesterday.
Would I buy another...certainly not
I was under the impression that they are built to last, like hell they are
Froggit

“I have to tell you all i bought a 1984 traffic camper...”

Written on: 31/12/2010

I have to tell you all i bought a 1984 traffic camper short wheel base 1.6 petrol engine with 50000 miles its been the best van i have owned i was a bit unsure at first as it was very basic but less to go wrong parts are cheap and you could do most stuff your self as its so basic, ok you dont get any where quick but has been very reliable, the van is 26 years old and there are still a few on the road so cant be that bad and best of all the parts are still ready availlable… Read Full Review

“The Renault Traffic has good reliability, running...”

Written on: 19/08/2008

The Renault Traffic has good reliability, running costs and no bad points I've found yet. I am searching for a replacement traffic lh29 and came across this review site and I just had to place some comments. … Read Full Review

“My family got this Renault Traffic Van as a rental...”

Written on: 25/07/2004 by possb (1 review written)

My family got this Renault Traffic Van as a rental vehicle when the wagon we had reserved was unavailable. I was skeptical at the time, but quickly changed my mind. The vehicle handles very well, has good visibility, and is fast enough to be safe on the autobahn / interstate. My family wondered if I (Mom) could drive this machine with its six gears. The answer was a resounding YES. I give it a thumbs up!… Read Full Review

“I have compleatly striped my Renault Traffic van down...”

Written on: 13/02/2004 by triplecorp (1 review written)

I have compleatly striped my Renault Traffic van down to its last nut and bolt and found that it is built very well.
yet it does require large amount of looking after as the previous owners somtimes dont do.
any oil discrepancys ie. oil filter changes, new oil, or even adding adatives to clean the fuel jets is an absaloute necesaty with this engine.

The cylinders and pistons are built bang on 10 out of 10 for that. Note that this engine has a special way of injecting deisel and is based on… Read Full Review

Chook's Response to triplecorp's Review

Written on: 15/05/2004

What year Traffic are you talking about?
<br>The new Traffic seems to be quite good with fuel efficency.

“Covering 20,000 miles a year for the past 4 years now...”

Written on: 13/04/2003 by white van man. (1 review written)

Covering 20,000 miles a year for the past 4 years now brings the toatal up to 210,000. It has to be the most reliable van around as not one thing has gone wrong since i have had it. they arnt the most economicle van by far or the fastest, but they last for ever with only a service every 10,000. unlike the recommended 6,000… Read Full Review

Zebedee3212002's Response to 88728_white van man.'s Review

Written on: 12/02/2004

It would have helped me no end if i knew the age of the van , early or late model , and whether it was petrol or diesel.