Pontiac Firebird Formula Ram Air III 1970 Reviews

Media Gallery for Pontiac Firebird Formula Ram Air III 1970

Pontiac Firebird Formula Ram Air III 1970
Pontiac Firebird Formula Ram Air III 1970

“I loved this car”

Written on: 17/07/2011 by 10067121 (1 review written)

this was the first car I bought by myself when i was in high school.I got it in 1975 back then didnt think of it as a colector car,if i only new. my dad was a mecanic,we took the motor out and put a chevy 427,i had the fastest car in my town.i I wish i still had this car,should have kept it stock,im prob making the colector guys sick,i remember we took the origanal motor out and the ram air air cleaner and all that stuff and gave to junk yard,the ram air air cleaner would not fit after we put… Read Full Review

“This is absoloutely the most piece of sh!t car I hace...”

Written on: 23/03/2011

This is absoloutely the most piece of sh!t car I hace EVER owned. It ran so badly and the sound was horrific, I must suggest another car because this one is total sh!t… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 17/07/2011

can i have it then since you dont like it

“For a small muscle car, I thought thePontiac Firebird...”

Written on: 01/07/2009

For a small muscle car, I thought thePontiac Firebird Formula Ram Air III rode pretty good, it handled awsome, and was an all-around good car. My first new car was a '70 Formula 400. I absolutley loved it, though I'm lucky to have survived it. I was too young for that calibur of car… Read Full Review

“Not for the beginner driver if you like stomping on...”

Written on: 07/12/2008 by fasterfrank (1 review written)

Not for the beginner driver if you like stomping on the gas in 1st gear but once on the freeway its handeling is amazing in oregon I-5 i raced some BMW's and took 50 mph corners at 120 and didnt even squel a tire. And its fun stomping on others with a car built by Americans for Americans!… Read Full Review

“The Pontiac Firebird Formula 455 Ram Air I have is a...”

Written on: 06/05/2006 by Firebird 455 (1 review written)

The Pontiac Firebird Formula 455 Ram Air I have is a fast piece of machinery. I drive calm and easy with it, because it took me lots of money to restore it from scratch. It was in a very bad condition when I bought it from a US cars Scrapyard in the Netherlands. I use the car as daily driver to my work and I go to US carshows in The Hague. See this site Cruise Brothers.nl… Read Full Review

“The Pontiac Firebird is without a doubt one of the...”

Written on: 09/11/2005 by Bad400 (1 review written)

The Pontiac Firebird is without a doubt one of the most under rated Muscle cars of our time. If anyone from Hot Rod magazine, High Performance Pontiac, or any other car related magazine reads this I beg of you get a hold of one of these rare cars and re-test it, because it sure deserves the credit that is due. These cars are amazing. The Ram air motors came with an advertised 345hp and 430 lbs torque; however this was an estimate the manufacturer published due to rising insurance rates with… Read Full Review

Oobuc5's Response to 216582_Bad400's Review

Written on: 17/04/2012

Could be just me but the ramair i worked on was a pontiac transam not firebird ,it had 455ci with the adjustable switch for the ram under the gas pedal ,i set the engine up for my mate who owned it and then test drove it down the stains rd by heathrow airport it was a hot summer day and when the ram opened up the car went about six ways at once ,i had to change my underpants .

Out of all the american iv owned and thats a lot i loved the look of my barracuda but i just loved my 1968 buick wildcat ,430ci and it fired about every 4th lamp post .

“Before I start my review of the Pontiac 1970 Firebird...”

Written on: 25/07/2005 by RamAirThree (1 review written)

Before I start my review of the Pontiac 1970 Firebird Formula Ram Air III I'd like to explain that I have 27 years experience with muscle cars. This is a car that should be considered the missing link in the Muscle/Pony car era. Never was a car so well at performing at both sides of the fence then the 1970 Formula 400 True Ram Airs.
I have owned and restored many Muscle and Pony cars in my 37 years of life and I am yet to find a car that can give so much in one package. If you are into… Read Full Review

293646_Boonie588's Response to RamAirThree's Review

Written on: 18/06/2007

I owned a 1970 Formula 400 and from a roll start (my favorite), I could not be beaten even by a Kawi 750.

“I had no business learning to drive a classic...”

Written on: 02/11/2004 by villafish (1 review written)

I had no business learning to drive a classic goldenrod yellow Pontiac 1970 Firebird Formula Ram Air III Car. I had the pleasure of taking a Pennsylvania State Trooper for a ride on the test track at Trevose. He loved the car, and I passed my driver's test. The trooper had me run the slalom at 25 mph...instead of the normal 15 mph. My mother watched in horror as I "heated up" the tires...G-70-14 Goodyear Polyglas with white letters. The State Trooper hit his head on the passenger's… Read Full Review

“The car handles great, has powerful acceleration and...”

Written on: 10/04/2003 by Jason Jones. (1 review written)

The car handles great, has powerful acceleration and is fun to ram through the gears with. Its an all around totally rare butt kicking ponch from the early seventies and comes in the era color of keylime green. Who could ask for more… Read Full Review

Smart's Response to 87940_Jason Jones.'s Review

Written on: 28/08/2003

Is this the only car you have ever owned you are deprived of a real car

Ramairthree's Response to 87940_Jason Jones.'s Review

Written on: 24/07/2005

An awesome killer attitude Firebird that gives the gift of not having to fear any other vehicle on the road. When the dual exhaust sing you cannot help but notice the look from other enthusiasts in awe stricken disbelieve that the car is not your common F-body. I love the looks, the performance, the feel....... enough to be restoring one myself. One thing about this car is the fact of owning a piece of history in a "Pony Car" that kicks butt like a true Muscle car but yet still adds even more flavor, because the car is no slouch on the highway either. This in my opinion, is one of the all time Pontiac greats that did not get all the prestige it deserved. If any Firebird deserved the right to the name Banshee...... it was without a doubt the 1970 Ram Air III Formula 400.

Tedfenn's Response to 87940_Jason Jones.'s Review

Written on: 18/01/2004

I soooooo agree! Wish I could find one for under $20,000!