Crosman 760-D Reviews

Crosman 760-D - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Crosman 760-D

Crosman 760-D
Crosman 760-D

“The Crosman 760-D is an amazing gun, lasted forever.”

Written on: 29/05/2009

The Crosman 760-D is an amazing gun, lasted forever… Read Full Review

“The Crosman 760-D was my first air rifle, i got it...”

Written on: 04/04/2009

The Crosman 760-D was my first air rifle, i got it when i was little, and back then, i didn't take care of anything. once i left this thing under a tree for 3 weeks, and now, im holding it next to me. it has a rusted barrel on the outside, and has more dings and scrapes than a demolition derby. yey, it performs is excellently as the day i got it. i learned most of what i know about gun safety from this thing. Very reliable.
accurate
decent power.
grooves for scope.
though plastic, grips and sock… Read Full Review

“Good BB gun to fool off with.”

Written on: 27/12/2007

Good BB gun to fool off with… Read Full Review

“I got this air rifle from a friend who owned it for 20...”

Written on: 12/03/2007 by the russian (5 reviews written)

I got this air rifle from a friend who owned it for 20 years! I have owned it for 9 years and it is still amazing in almost every way. Now this is not the best thing Crosman ever made but for the money [$25.00 were i got it] its the best thing out there! This has a velocity of 650 f.p.s to the best of my knowledge and is very reliable. This is a great gift for the little ones about 7+.
but please be careful!

Feel free to post a comment to me… Read Full Review

“my 2 cents : I have owned a lot of air rifles from ”

Written on: 24/05/2004 by smokywon (1 review written)

my 2 cents : I have owned a lot of air rifles from
crosman to my now advanced beeman r-11
I've got two kids 9 and 11 and I started them out with the Crosman 760-D mainly for safety.
1.The pump handle won't come back and smash your there fingers if left open (like kids WILL do!)
2.You can't fire (empty) intill a bb is loaded.
(I only let them shoot bb's right now.)
3.You have more control over the power (fps) (I let them use 6 pumps but my gun is old)
4. I don't know about shooting a penny at… Read Full Review

Gyates93's Response to 156506_smokywon's Review

Written on: 29/10/2006

You should let your kids use lead pellets in the Crosman 760-D. Sure, they'll have to wash their hands after shooting and be more careful, but pellets are FAR less likely to ricochet. Also, even if they do ricochet, they are soft metal and lose velocity in striking a surface, as BB's do not. Not as much anyway.

“The 760-d, while not the most well-made air rifle, is...”

Written on: 16/01/2004 by kcsgunsmith (1 review written)

The 760-d, while not the most well-made air rifle, is ideal for a plinker or anti-pest gun. It is very accurate, utilizing fixed iron sights. It is grooved for a scope if desired. Unlike previous reviews have stated, it is a very reliable, robust gun. It still requires moderate care, as any gun. I obtained mine secondhand, and it has withstood 1000's of shots fired, constant abuse and use in less than ideal conditions. I have used it for a main weapon in airgun skirmishes. One of the only… Read Full Review

“my 760-d began missfiring after about a year. I...”

Written on: 22/12/2003 by pmishler (1 review written)

my 760-d began missfiring after about a year. I dissasembled the unit and found that the plastic housing between the bb chamber and the trigger mechanism housing had cracks in several places and had broken through in one location. This let bb's into the trigger mechanism which jammed the gun… Read Full Review

“The 760-D would make a nice air rifle for the young...”

Written on: 08/04/2003 by Mark. (1 review written)

The 760-D would make a nice air rifle for the young child just starting with air guns. Its short at 33 inches,lightweight at 2lbs. 2oz, and accurate. It can shoot BB's and pellets. I only shot pellets with this rifle. You pump the handle up to 10 times max.[as stated in manual] With a 7.9 grain pellet, 5 pumps will give you 511 fps. and 10 pumps will give you 609 fps. Which I feel is pretty good considering the size and weight of the rifle. Only bad point I see is its plastic stock. Im not sure… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/03/2004

Just a little bit of an exageration there pal. No pumpmaster 760 can go above 500 fps. Where did you ever get the 511fps and 609fps from?

Treejamb's Response to 87186_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 17/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because I didn't know the maximum number of pumps. Now I know, 10! Thank you.

Tbesplug's Response to 87186_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 29/04/2009

Does anyone know how to convert a 760 Pumpmaster from 495fps to 625fps. I have a Canadian version that was modified down to 495. I "heard" something about removing or plaugging a valve???Diagrams of step by step would be greatly appreciated.

423333_Rocketboy1's Response to 87186_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 07/12/2008

My Pumpmaster 760 goes 625 Fps i killed two rabbits and i shot 6 birds in a day my record so far and i shot alot of squirrels but havn't dropped one yet. Very Accurate Gun i am not good with scopes but i am working on trieing to use one my gun is dangerese up to a mile/mile and a half srry for misspelling but thats the truth about my Pumpmaster i am part of the North American Hunting And Fishing Club Thank you

Gunnut's Response to 87186_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 27/07/2005

a lil bit of exageration on your part duster is u ask me. The 760 is a pretty good gun. its what i started my lil brother on.

Written on: 09/07/2004

Yes I suppose you could put a stronger spring in it so that it has more power. Even though it says 495 on the box the RM422 actually goes between 495fps and 520fps. Mine sure goes over 500fps easy. I'm not sure where you can get information to tweak it for more power. If you are good at taking things apart then put a stronger spring in. that’s as much as I can tell you.

Goggo1's Response to 87186_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 07/07/2004

I have the Rm422 from Canada that says it is up to 495fps. Its brand new. can you tweak these for more power? and if so, where do you get the info on it? Thanks.

Written on: 07/07/2004

Sure it can take out a Raccoon if you use a pointed pellet and hit it through the head or the chest. Mine can sure take out any old coon.

Goggo1's Response to 87186_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 05/07/2004

Can a Crosman Rm422 take out a Racoon?

Written on: 10/03/2004

well I got this information from my grandfathers pumpmaster 760. I tested it with my RM422 and the RM422 goes 500fps and can put a hole through a tin can from 75 feet or more and the 760 can not.The 760 has a hard time killing squirrels mean while my RM422 can kill a squirrel from who knows how far. You should test it with a more powerful pellet gun or one that si weaker. Get a pellet gun that goes less then 500fps like maybe 495fps and test it with you pumpmaster 760.

Blippo's Response to 87186_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 09/03/2004

Who told you or where did you get the information that the 760-D don\'t go over 500fps? I wanted to make sure the figures listed on the box were correct. They had it listed at 611fps with 7.9gr pellets. I just chronied mine now at 626,625,626fps, 10 pumps 7.9 Wadcutters.