Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal Reviews

Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal

Xisico  XS-B20, .177 cal
Xisico  XS-B20, .177 cal

“Everything works fine. The Xisico XS-B20 is accurate...”

Written on: 15/12/2007

Everything works fine. The Xisico XS-B20 is accurate and good value for money, it handles well, and I would recomend it… Read Full Review

“I was disappointed with the stock color, too dark...”

Written on: 14/09/2006 by duckming (1 review written)

I was disappointed with the stock color, too dark compared to those I saw on some gun user's blog. There are clearly brush marks on the stock. It does not fit the Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal gun very well as extra opening space was cut to the wood for installation of cap at the end of the gun. However, B20 does not have end cap because the safety switch is at the end of the gun.

The gun shoots accurately without a scope. I can't get the scope to line up with gun as the rail somehow does not fit… Read Full Review

Sifu456's Response to duckming's Review

Written on: 03/10/2006

What you will find with the R9 is some of the same problems the B20 faces. It will be twangy. Its recoil will shake loose the stock screws. It has the same scope problem, in that a the scope stop screw needs to align with the stop holes on top of the receiver. Once you have done that, the Scope and mount will be solid. And the rifle very accurate.
<br/>
<br/>The B20 is not an R9, which is made from better material and has better workmanship, but taking the experience as a plus, use it when you buy your R9. My B20's are very accurate, as you mentioned, more trouble than my Gamo S1k. The Gamo trigger isn't nearly as nice, but they have nearly the same accuracy.
<br/>
<br/>There is more to tweak with a B20. It's a rifleman's rifle, and as you will find out with the R9, you better know something.
<br/>Good luck.

Duckming's Response to duckming's Review

Written on: 21/07/2007

Yes, I finally got my R9 .22 two weeks ago. It is as good as it was advertised. It does not recoil as much as Shadow 1000 or B20.
<br/>Accurate out of the box. Smooth trigger and shoots. No complains except
<br/>the stock is darker than expected. It only comes with a Beeman 30 mm
<br/>scope for $400 gold finger combo instead of the Bushnull 40 mm scope.
<br/>I had figured out the accuracy problem of the B20. The barrel is not
<br/>line up with the gun body. So it shoots accurately without scope while
<br/>it shoots 2 inch to the right at 10 yards if the scope is lining up with the
<br/>body. Windage adjustment alone can not fix the problem.
<br/>I had to get a cheap $6 Diasy scope and shim it with electric wire tape
<br/>between the scope and the mount to get it to sight. I was able to sight
<br/>it perfectly at 15 yard to register a direct hit last summer.
<br/>
<br/>Any comment on how to line up the barrel with the body?

Sifu456's Response to duckming's Review

Written on: 02/04/2007

All I'm doing is shooting them. They are steady performers, and if I shot them more I'd shoot them better, going from a noticeable heavier 3lb two stage triggers like the T05 or T01 or Gamo trigger, to the light, almost single stage 1.5lb B20 trigger can throw you off on the 1st couple of shots.
<br/>
<br/>I'm not one that's going to put $400 worth of add ons to a $96 air rifle. I'm more of a shooter than I am a admirer of beautiful Air Rifles. There are other things I want to spend my money on. As long as these air rifles keep knocking the x-rings out at 10 - 15 yards and busting 4" clays at 50 - 70 yards, I'm happy. Looks aren't that important to me. Though I do admire a nice looking dress out Webley Tomahawk, R9, R1 or even Lighting, I personally won't spend the money to get it there.
<br/>
<br/>The B20 is air rifle enough for me straight out of the box, with some pre-maintenance measures.

Dookietx's Response to duckming's Review

Written on: 30/03/2007

Do you still have your b20? If so how are things working out?

“The Xisico XS-B20 is good, accurate powerful straight...”

Written on: 02/05/2006 by joekelly (10 reviews written)

The Xisico XS-B20 is good, accurate powerful straight out of the box, no gimmicks rifle. I had mine blued, shortened the barrel, made a silencer, looks like a Venom job and fires like one totally recommended… Read Full Review

Alexa's Response to joekelly's Review

Written on: 08/06/2006

Hi, While I was reading your review I was trying to imagine how does your rifle looks like after tune up. Would you mind sending me a picture? takordal@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot, Alexa.

“Just got my Xisico BAM B20 from Cougar Ridge Trading...”

Written on: 19/04/2006 by Hunter3000 (3 reviews written)

Just got my Xisico BAM B20 from Cougar Ridge Trading Post. Unboxed it and was pleased at the appearance. Nice wood. Good grain with pleasing walnut stain. Fit seems good for a cheap chinese copy of an R9. Wiped it down and ran some cleaning patches through the bore. The outside was pretty clean but the bore was realy crudded up with some kind of preservative. Blueing not the best but OK. The rear of the reciever is not well fitted to the stock but I'll eventually shim it or bed the… Read Full Review

Sifu456's Response to Hunter3000's Review

Written on: 26/04/2006

Keep us posted I'd like to know if stacking pellets at 9-10 yards means less then dime size groups at 25 yards and if not why not. You own a R1 so you are used to quailty and can say for the money the B20 is not that bad a rifle and maybe is a very good air rifle. That is my opinon please note you will have to loctite the stock screws and spring load or loctite the trigger screws.

Also loss trigger screws change POI too, so loctite those too or snug them up occassionally. Some say this is caused by the soft metal the chinese screws are made out of.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Sifu456's Response to Hunter3000's Review

Written on: 28/04/2006

Yeah thats the same thing I was trying to say, since the gun seems very accurate at 9 yards is it going to be just as accurate at 25-30 and even 60+ yards. I am able to make consitsanly hits on 4" clays at 80 yards with my .177 B20 and 60 yards with the .22. Both will as you say stack pellets at 10 yards and less then a dime at 15-20 yards. Of course this is benched. Keep us posted on your B20s results.

Hunter3000's Response to Hunter3000's Review

Written on: 28/04/2006

In response to Sifu 456\'s comment.
I\'ve had to strip the rifle down for boxing to get it to the Phils. I\'ll locktite all bolts when I reasemble it over there. What I meant by Stacking the pellets is that each one hits on top of the previous shot. The ctc groups are less than pellet diameter. Probably about 0.1\" to 0.15\" But 9 yards is not very far. I\'m talking one slightly ragged hole. Wish I\'d taken a picture. After disasembling it and disasembling the MP-513 I\'d say the B20 looks like it\'s a lot simpler and easier to work on too. If it shoots anywhere as good at 30 yard as it does at 9 then I\'ll be very happy with this purchase. BTW. I tried the Crosman aperture sight set on it and it looks sweet. Again should have taken a pic.
I\'ll do a followup on this original post when I get a chance to realy wring it out...
Steve.

“Generally speaking, my Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal is a...”

Written on: 21/03/2006 by vinceb (46 reviews written)

Generally speaking, my Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal is a very decent rifle with just enough flaws to give it an 8 instead of a 9.

The gun is as accurate as anything I've got, and while the power is a bit shy of a Shadow (about 40fps with the same pellet) it is still quite adequate. Cocking's a bit tougher than the Gamo, but not objectionable.

This gun generally gets good ratings for the quality of its wood and metal work, but for some reason it is common to find about a .1" gap between the stock… Read Full Review

Sifu456's Response to vinceb's Review

Written on: 24/03/2006

Take the safety off, and you have to "recock" the gun to get it back on.
Thats the way its designed the R9 does this too. Most of what you spoke of is just preventative maintenance for the B20. I toatlly agree that the space between the receiver and stock is poor quailty control and may add to the receiver and stock shaking loose.
It is accurate and has some QC problems not that it is uncommon that you don't have to tune a $325 Beeman R9.
Good review.

“After owning the Xisico XS B20 in .177 for almost a...”

Written on: 10/03/2006 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

After owning the Xisico XS B20 in .177 for almost a year and shooting it beside and with higher price air rifles. I'm still impressed for $96 it shoots well beside rifles that cost 3 times its price. Now is it worth the same no but its still hits as far out and as accurate as these high dollar rifles. From what I can see its not as nice as a R9 amenity wise and wokmanship but its just as accurate with like shooters.

Late at night I was shooting the B20 its favorite load is the 10.5 cph, I… Read Full Review

“Overall it is a good rifle if a company like RWS is...”

Written on: 09/08/2005 by DAGWOODEWQ (1 review written)

Overall it is a good rifle if a company like RWS is willing to pick it up and say this is mine. This rifle is now a RWS 320! Let this be heard the workmanship is as good as our Germany made $400 to $500 rifles and for the broke American it will sell well for $140 or so?… Read Full Review

Lix's Response to DAGWOODEWQ's Review

Written on: 19/11/2005

Very informative. Thanks for your knowledge and humorous comments.

Sportytj's Response to DAGWOODEWQ's Review

Written on: 06/03/2006

American gangster wants quality not chinese rice pee shooter. I will stick with RWS thank you! Send that daewoo rubbish back.

“I recieved my B-20 in .177 a few months ago and was at...”

Written on: 29/06/2005 by woody101 (2 reviews written)

I recieved my B-20 in .177 a few months ago and was at first impressed until I had a chance to shoot a few hundred rounds through it. Everytime I take it out and shoot it something else falls out or off. First it was the mounting screws, then the pivot cap, then trigger screws. After that was all loctited the front sight fell off. I had to cut a slot in the base of sight with a hack saw in order to get it to tighten up on the barrel slots. I also had to make a 3/32 shim to fill in the space… Read Full Review

Sifu456's Response to woody101's Review

Written on: 03/10/2006

With any air rifle, the first thing you should do when you open the box is check the stock and trigger guard screws for tightness. This is on any air rifle, no matter what quality. Vibrations loosen stock and trigger screws, that's just the way spring rifles are made. After tightening the screws, sight the rifle in then setup your scope or whatever.
<br/>
<br/>Sometimes it's us not knowing what makes a rifle looks bad. My B20's are very accurate with nice light triggers; 1 with a nice stock, and the other has the paint brush look to it, but it shoots well.
<br/>
<br/>There's more to tweak on a B20 than there is on a Gamo or Winchester.
<br/>It's not an R9, but it is a good starter rifle to understand the workings of an R9. They break down the same. The $300-$500+ R9 is made much better than the $105-$96 B20.

Sifu456's Response to woody101's Review

Written on: 02/04/2007

Yes, I still have both B20 and .177 B-26-2. My plan is just to shoot them. Happy and smiling, I can look on the net and admire others dress out B-20, and there are some nice ones out there.

Dookietx's Response to woody101's Review

Written on: 30/03/2007

Still have it? What are your plans?

“I got my Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal last year from...”

Written on: 19/05/2005 by cole5169 (19 reviews written)

I got my Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal last year from Compasseco in Bardstown, KY. As I put in my summary, the gun did diesel a lot for the first 50 shots or so...that's perfectly normal for a new springer, but I had to think of SOMETHING bad to write...

This gun is just SO GOOD. I intended to have it tuned, but I have had such success with it so far that I have never got around to surrendering it to Charlie DaTuna yet! I will, though, I will.

The B-20 is an outstanding break barrel with nice… Read Full Review

“Mine is the Xisico XS-B20, .22 Cal. After about 100...”

Written on: 24/04/2005 by Dougg (2 reviews written)

Mine is the Xisico XS-B20, .22 Cal. After about 100 shots. The Sear Engagement Screw fell out. Other than this it is a very accurate gun. I get consistent Dime size groups at 15Meters, with JSB Exacts. Fit and Finish is good, no Milling marks on the Metal, Stock has a few minor Blemishes. For the Money you get Accuracy, good looks and a well balanced Gun. Fix the Quality Control Problems and it all about the Accuracy any way. I replaced the Sear Screw with a longer one with a Spring for… Read Full Review

“My Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal has not been tuned yet I...”

Written on: 15/03/2005 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

My Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal has not been tuned yet I keep saying that I'm going to send it off, to the Tuna, but I can't decide if I should tune this or another rifle.

During the 1st review I was just breaking the rifle in, shooting 10-30 meters getting some tight 5-10 shot groups using the CP 10.5 pellets.

In this review I took it to the Gun club to shoot at a longer range 25-75yrds and against mother nature. There was a 10-15mph crosswind; I had to adjust for out pass 50 yards. The 1st time… Read Full Review

“The Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal just arrived with my TF97,...”

Written on: 11/11/2004 by Sifu456 (61 reviews written)

The Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal just arrived with my TF97, I took the B20 out its box and it inspected it. I found that it was nicely made rifle with looks good it also had nice balance and flow. I cleaned the metal with some gun oil, polished the wood with furniture polish. This made wood and the metal work look even better. It is a good looking rifle. I took the Tasco 3x9x40 scope off the TF2522 replaced it with a Gamo 4x scope. I rearranged the scopes on 4 rifles to not have to buy another… Read Full Review

Dduren's Response to Sifu456's Review

Written on: 06/03/2005

Good review! How about a follow-up now that you've had it a while, Thanks since I'm considering buying one.DD

Dduren's Response to Sifu456's Review

Written on: 06/03/2005

Good review! How about a follow-up now that you've had it a while, Thanks since I'm considering bying one.DD

“I got the Xisico XS-B20 .22 cal. model and out of the...”

Written on: 22/10/2004 by steves (6 reviews written)

I got the Xisico XS-B20 .22 cal. model and out of the box it had a light layer of rust forming. I wiped it off w/ no problems. Put it on the bench of my backyard range and shot at the 10 yard target. Shot very consistently to the left. I had a hard time getting the open sights to make adjustment, but I think it was operator error. It's getting dark so I quickly mounted the scope using the big 1 piece scope mount and a BAM 4X32 scope. Shot the 10 yard target again and made a few… Read Full Review

“I bought a Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal from Sportsmans...”

Written on: 11/06/2004 by postban (1 review written)

I bought a Xisico XS-B20, .177 cal from Sportsmans Guide for $69, had it sent to Charlie-Da-Tuna for a SUPER-TUNE. The gun is very accurate, very consistent, great trigger 22ozs. The guns as new are rough, they really respond to the tune dramatically. I can group at 1/2" at 30yds with CPL. It shows tremendous consistency for a springer velocitywise. Typical 10 fps extreme spread with CPL. Avg right @ 900 FPS. Have several 45-50 Starling kills with it already. I recommend the gun and Charlies… Read Full Review

“I bought the B20 after reading a few articles on it...”

Written on: 08/04/2003 by Mark. (1 review written)

I bought the B20 after reading a few articles on it and saw no bad reviews on it. After receiving it, I was really impressed with its quality. I own a few Chinese air rifles[B21,B4-2,Q78,KL-3B]and this one definetely is the best made of them all. I did some adjusting to the trigger screws to my liking and now it works like a gem. It was advertised at around 930 fps and with the lightest pellets I had 6.5 grain, the highest I recorded was 850fps. You might do better if you had someone tune it… Read Full Review

Real Hunter's Response to 87031_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 09/10/2003

I have a question: Which do you preffer, the XS-B21 or the XS-B20 ?

Blippo's Response to 87031_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 09/10/2003

Personally, I prefer the lighter rifle, the B20. If you want flat out power, get the B21. Remember though, its heavier, around 10lbs. The trigger on the B20 is better than the B21. The B21's trigger is a little stiff.