Hotcourses www.hotcourses.com Reviews

Hotcourses www.hotcourses.com - Ask a question now

“will use this again”

Written on: 20/11/2013

I booked a personal salsa class using hotcourses.com, teacher didn't show up and then was really shabby about rescheduling the lesson. i got hacked off waiting and asked hotcourses what i could do. they had held onto my booking fee so gave me a refund on request. no hassles with it, though they did say if i hadn't told them about the flakey teacher within 48 hours the money would have been paid to the guy, so worth knowing that. Hotcourses guys were based in India but knowledgeable and helpful… Read Full Review

“Really useful. Great help when I had a problem”

Written on: 06/08/2013 by regularcourseattendee (1 review written)

I've used hotcourses.com to find a few courses and always find there's a good range available from the people and course providers listed on the site. I think they've recently added the option to book through their booking service, which means they look after your booking fees until the course starts. I had a problem with a ceramics course I booked through their booking service, where the course provider messed up the dates (I won't name them, since they ended up being really good after a dodgy… Read Full Review

“love it!”

Written on: 29/04/2013

i have found three evening courses on hotcourses since xmas and they’ve all been great. one of them i actually booked on hotcourses which was v easy and payment simple enough. loads of info actually on the site, but also there are links to the teachers and colleges if you need more help. found the reviews really useful to make a decision too. left one myself after my last course too!… Read Full Review

“Amazing website and great customer service”

Written on: 11/04/2013 by miranda80 (1 review written)

I was looking to promote my crafts workshops and came across hotcourses. a sales person helped me with the whole profile. already took 6 bookings in 4 weeks. it's amazing that you can actually do it for free and only pay a small percentage if the booking has been made. i think it's called marketplace. very satisfied… Read Full Review

“Great site!”

Written on: 10/04/2013

I’ve used Hotcourses.com several times over the last few years – when researching courses at college, then when finding a degree (which I am now doing). I’ve always found it to be a really useful place to make comparisons between different unis and colleges and their articles are helpful too. I also get their newsletters and have seen some interesting courses on that – they’ve made me want to do cupcake making soon. Would definitely recommend Hotcourses.com to others… Read Full Review

“Hotcourses is really useful and informative!”

Written on: 19/02/2013

Just found my 17th edition course on Hotcourses and found it to be a really useful and informative site. Easy to use, easy to find the colleges I needed and loads of helpful reviews from other students. I wasn’t aware that it was possible to actually book courses through Hotcourses but it seems that this is a new feature they’ve added. The electrical course I was looking at couldn’t be booked online, but there were buttons there that allowed me to get in touch with the college directly… Read Full Review

“Never Provide your bank details !!!”

Written on: 06/02/2013

I was surprised when I received an Unknown call from Myhotcourse.com, they insisted so much to click on the link they sent me , one member of the staff told me to fill in all my details, but I will never provide my bank details. Please be very careful, also I'm not sure if MYHOTCOURSES is the same hotcourses.com or if they are only "pretending to be the same" But just in case NEVER provide your bank details to anyone over the internet … Read Full Review

Hotcoursesmarketplace's Comment

Written on: 06/02/2013

Hello - Hotcourses here. Just to clarify this - myhotcourses is the place where all course providers go who want to promote their courses through our websites. It's one website where you can manage your information once, for it to be displayed on all of our 30 websites where the courses are relevant. It's used by over 6,000 course providers around the world. The only time bank details are required is for us to pay you for your bookings if you are selling your courses through Hotcourses Marketplace. All we, or anyone, can do with the information is pay money into the account, so it's quite safe. If you have any concerns then please contact us and we can discuss with you.

“Working really well for me”

Written on: 17/01/2013 by Jamesjellen (1 review written)

I'm pretty surprised by some of what I've read below since it hasn't been my experience at all. I signed up to Hotcourses 'Marketplace' offer where I list my courses, and they promote them - I only pay a commission if someone books so it's pretty fair. If it doesn't work I've lost nothing. Have dealt with their UK and Indian offices and both were friendly and helpful. All this is irrelevant if I didn't get bookings - but I am. 7 new customers booked through Hotcourses platform and I've had… Read Full Review

“Poor deal for advertisers”

Written on: 01/11/2012 by leobee (1 review written)

There was a time that this was a great website. However they have invented their own bookings system and now their main business focus is monetising their site via this bookings system. If you don't want to use their bookings system... maybe it doesn't integrate with your site... then they are not interested in your business, and want a silly price and commitment term to advertise. It probably still offers a good experience to large users, and to large providers who have the resources to… Read Full Review

Hotcoursesmarketplace's Response to leobee's Review

Written on: 06/11/2012

Hello – we’re afraid that we don’t know who you are from your post, but it sounds like you have not been a commercial partner of Hotcourses, but may have simply listed your courses for free with us, in order to reach our audience of over 13 million adult learners?

We just thought we’d clarify how our options for course providers have changed. We used to give providers a ‘phone’ button for free with any course listings which meant that, as you say, it was probably an incredibly good deal – as something for nothing normally is!

This option (the free phone button) has now been removed, since we have a new option for course providers– listing your courses using our Marketplace e-commerce platform, where a course provider only pays a commission if we take a booking for you i.e. no up-front fees. We’re doing this to try and make the process of booking courses easier for people – you wouldn’t go to 20 different hotel sites, you’d go to a single hotels booking site. In the case of Hotcourses Marketplace it’s also safer for consumers, since we look after their money until the course has started, to ensure that a refund can be easily processed in the case of a course cancellation.

We’ve always had the option for course providers to advertise in order to gain extra promotion and get people to come directly to their website, and this remains very popular. There hasn’t been any change to the way our advertising works in this regard.

Essentially, the change is that there is no longer a free way to get direct enquiries via the free listing + phone button – this wasn’t sustainable for us which I guess isn’t very surprising.

Its replacement with Hotcourses Marketplace means that a course provider can still promote their courses to our users in a risk-free way since there’s only a charge when a booking is taken via our booking platform. There are now over 3,000 course providers using this platform – most of whom are small course providers.

Hope that makes things clearer but feel free to get in touch with us directly if you have any other questions.

All the best,

The Hotcourses Team

“Great..I have just booked a cup cake course on it”

Written on: 19/10/2012 by Katelondon (1 review written)

This is an amazing site if you want to go on a course and don't want to surf through all the local college sites. I was looking for a cup cake course in London and was amazed to find thast not only were there lots of options on hotcourses, but you can also book them and pay for them at same time, which saved me then going to the provider. If you love courses, then this is the site for you! I will be coming back in January to see if i can find and book a pilates or baking course… Read Full Review

“STAY AWAY!! TOTALLY RUBBISH AND THEY ARE LIARS!!!”

Written on: 02/10/2012

Don't even bother with this rubbish company!!!! Got calls after calls to promote my courses on here. Told the first 3 courses that are sold and conducted the payment will be paid to me within 3 days of conducting the course. Get an email stating the payment will be paid to me a week later via BACs. Called the bank they informed me BACs is instant and funds should show into account instantly or within the same day. Guess what?? NO PAYMENT RECEIVED!!!!! Called the number Anthony gave me in the… Read Full Review

Hotcoursesmarketplace's Comment

Written on: 18/10/2012

We're sorry that you do not feel you have had a great experience. As we discussed on the phone, this is due to a misunderstanding over the terms of payment for Hotcourses Marketplace for which you signed up. We believe in openness so here is a response to each of the points that you have made.
1. Course providers all sign up for the same payment terms when they join Hotcourses Marketplace - the payment is made between 7 and 13 days after the start date, depending on when the start date falls relative to our weekly payment run. We only make payments in one weekly run for all providers at once to keep costs down for us and you - when we set up the system, course providers told us that they wanted a lower commission (we charge 12.5%+VAT) rather than faster payment.
2. BACs does take 48 hours to transfer between accounts. CHAPs payments can be same day, but CHAPs costs £20+ per transfer item - again, this was a cost that course providers we asked did not want to bear. However, the 48 hours for BACs is only part of the reason why it takes 7-13 days for payment to reach you - the rest is the time it takes for i) us to make sure the course has been delivered (as you know, class dates do move or courses can be cancelled) ii) pull together all the payments for providers in that week's payment run and iii) conduct checks that we are paying into the right bank accounts (we want to make sure you get your money!).
3. We apologise that you were not happy speaking to Danica, but she was trying to explain the points above and was struggling to do so.
4. Apologies also that the phone number was not working properly when you called - we did have some problems, but these have now been resolved.
Again, we’re sorry for the misunderstanding – you have now been paid (on the same timescales as all course providers), and your courses continue to benefit from the promotion that they get from exposure to Hotcourses’ sites huge audience of course seekers.
Good luck in the future
Best
Hotcourses Marketplace Team

“Don't advertise here ”

Written on: 28/06/2012

We were contacted by a marketing representative at hotcourses outlining proposal and we told her we would like to pay to try it for a short period first before committing as it was a lot of money. She advised we could take a minumum of one year, there is a good reason why bad companies tie you into contracts, because they are not confident in their service quality to keep your business. One month or even 3 months would be reasonable. Well if you want to spend £600 a month on low quality… Read Full Review

Nicolejarrett's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2013

This is so true - advertisers stay away, we were so disappoint we could never trust another course listing site again. We we tried to cancel - they refused and tried to sue us for the money. There is no return on your investment. I received an email from ciao reviews as they are trying to take our review offline. However, if they were providing a good service there would not be so many negative reviews.

“rubbish website”

Written on: 22/03/2012 by barrett (41 reviews written)

I wrote an very accurate and polite review of a music course I took at Goldsmiths College London, and they didn't publish it. Obviously I unsubscribed immediately… Read Full Review

“Although it has lots of info I suggest going to learn...”

Written on: 08/09/2008

Although it has lots of info I suggest going to learn direct where the info is presented much more clearly and also there is a phone number you can call to get even more personalised help. Thats just my opinion though as I personally do not recommend HotCourses.com as an educational website… Read Full Review

“Superb - lots of courses for almost anything...”

Written on: 29/07/2008 by regularlearner (1 review written)

Superb - lots of courses for almost anything imaginable. Has links to lots of other useful education sites - scholarhsips and money, a uni focused one with lots of reviews (www.whatuni.com). Seems pretty comprehensive to me… Read Full Review

“I think Hotcourses rocks! ”

Written on: 09/08/2006 by girl vii (1 review written)

I think Hotcourses rocks!

I've found two evening classes using Hotcourses:

Web Programming & Applications with ASP at The University of Westminster, London. As I work as a web designer, so this course is excellent for work. I also found a digital photography course at St Martins, as I couldn't use my cool Sony Cybershot digital camera!

The website is very easy to use, and you can find courses by city and by postcode… Read Full Review

“Hotcourses - A comprehensive and user-friendly site...”

Written on: 19/04/2006 by skinnyfatman (2 reviews written)

Hotcourses - A comprehensive and user-friendly site that has an awesome wealth of information. Contains almost every course imaginable with (mostly) lots of information about each… Read Full Review