Canon T90 Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Canon T90 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon T90

Canon T90

“Canon T90, a manual-focus camera gem”

Written on: 30/11/2011

This camera is indeed heavy, but the construction quality is superb. It will survive being dropped onto rough stone or cobbled streets. On these occasions, it is any attached lens which suffers, not the camera at all. The mode switch is easy to use, as is the metering switch. Spot metering is accurate and multiple spot-metering readings can be taken of the subject to be photographed. The camera even incorporates a highlight/shadow exposure compensation system to deal with a dark subject/light… Read Full Review

Canon T90

“Well worth the money, even if they are 2nd hand and...”

Written on: 19/06/2011

Have just bought a T90 with the 50mm f1.8 lens. It did not come with a manual, but by sitting down with the camera for about 30 mins I was able to work out the basic functions. I acquired a manual 2 days later, and have now familiarised myself with practically all its functions and capabilities. First review here criticises its weight. That is something you do not notice because of its design and balance in the hand. It has a really bright viewfinder, and although I am in my sixties,and no… Read Full Review

Canon T90

“Sorry to buck the trend but this camera is a tank and...”

Written on: 10/04/2011

Sorry to buck the trend but this camera is a tank and weighs a ton or two. If I have to carry such an imposing weight around, I'd rather it were in terms of lenses than AA batteries (plus a spare set just in case). If you are concerned with shutter priority type subjects - action photography - its great. For the rest of us where depth of field is critical its a pain as you have to work in stop down mode. Personally, give me and F1n new with the auto finder or an Ftbn and I'm set. Even Pentax… Read Full Review

Sdfsdfasd's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2013

The T90 has both shutter priority and aperture priority modes. You don't have to work in stop-down mode unless you are using an adapter to mount a non-FD lens. I think this reviewer did not read the manual for their camera.

Canon T90

“I owned a Canon T 90 back in the late 80 `s, had it...”

Written on: 24/01/2011

I owned a Canon T 90 back in the late 80 `s, had it for around 10 years, no problems at all. What can i say about it that has not already been said, quite simply the Mercedes of the 35 mm camera world.
Its super comfy to hold,easy to use,has so many top class features, including the wonderful digital metering system.....
Anyone considering buying a 35 mm camera , should look no further than the formidable Canon T 90 .
Wonder if Canon could prouce a digital T 90 ?

Will… Read Full Review

Canon T90

“Bought my T90 about 12 years ago. Its a joy to hold in...”

Written on: 13/02/2009 by FD nut (3 reviews written)

Bought my T90 about 12 years ago. Its a joy to hold in the hand and its ergonomics seemed to have been copied by most of the cameras on sale today. Despite not being auto focus or digital (neither of which appeal to me) this camera can still hold its own. Another gem from Canon, it has just about every thing that you could need in a camera and I love it… Read Full Review

Canon T90

“I've worked all over the world with the Canon T90, in...”

Written on: 04/06/2008 by zuperblue (1 review written)

I've worked all over the world with the Canon T90, in all weather conditions they never let you down… Read Full Review

Canon T90

“This camera lets you get on with the picture taking...”

Written on: 01/02/2008

This camera lets you get on with the picture taking and allows creativity. Overall the Canon T90 is an excellent camera to use , a real joy… Read Full Review

Canon T90

“5 frames a sec motordrive on AA batteries, like for...”

Written on: 01/08/2006 by oniko (35 reviews written)

5 frames a sec motordrive on AA batteries, like for the older Nikons you can buy AA's anywhere.
The Canon T90 SLR Camera has a bright crisp screen that is easy to focus with even when wearing glasses.
Brilliant metering for slide and black and white films, very close tolerances for best results.
Please read all the reviews on Canon lenses - the autofocus range is just the FD range tarted up.
Canon has and still is a world leader in optics, the lenses have good focusing "bite" which means they… Read Full Review

Canon T90

“I have 2 Canon T90's and evertything is perfect; their...”

Written on: 07/10/2005 by anthonygh (1 review written)

I have 2 Canon T90's and evertything is perfect; their exposure settings are within a half stop of each other and with my expensive EOS camera. Try holding one of Canons. Spot on ergonomics. With my 'cheap' FD lens and film choice I can easily compete with any current high tech SLR using film. Sadly, my DSLR has shown me the future!!… Read Full Review

Kriptone's Response to 212849_anthonygh's Review

Written on: 27/05/2006

You said: "I had a T90 now I have 2! "I have 1 which I am looking to sell, you don't need a 3rd do you?
"Sorry!! Are there any?" In a word, NO

Canon T90

“I have owned my Canon T90 for years. The only drawback...”

Written on: 21/04/2005 by rogerslade (2 reviews written)

I have owned my Canon T90 for years. The only drawback is the fact that there is no autofocus and I now don't find the screen easy to focus on as age is catching up on me. I now have an EOS 30 but EF lenses are not as good as FD's despite supposed advances in technology… Read Full Review

Kriptone's Response to rogerslade's Review

Written on: 27/05/2006

I have both a Canon A1 and T90. The A1 is brilliant but the T90 is definitely superior in terms of ergonomics, performance and specification. I also have a number of lenses: 24mm, 50mm. 28-200mm, 70-210mm and two 2x converters plus dedicated flash (300TL, works with A1 and T90). However have recently gone digital so am looking to sell my 35mm equipment. Interested???

Adrian Beech's Response to rogerslade's Review

Written on: 14/05/2008

I would be interested in the 24mm, if still available - and it would be the Canon FD fit lens.<br/><br/>Please let me know if interested, and how much?<br/><br/>Thanks<br/><br/>Adrian

Adrian Beech's Response to rogerslade's Review

Written on: 12/05/2008

I found this review helpful because... I too am ageing, and do find the lack of a diopter adjustment to the viewfinder a bit of a pain - I have had replacement lens in my eye, so it doesn't focus, and wish that the camera had adjustment. <br/><br/>I am interested in finding out what equipment the reviewer has for sale, as he mentioned selling Could you please get him to email me? I know it is a while back, but still.......<br/><br/>Thanks<br/>Adrian McTiernan<br/><br/>

Ajrs's Response to rogerslade's Review

Written on: 25/07/2006

Hi kriptone,
<br/>
<br/>Thank you for your quick response.
<br/>It´s funny that I became interested in new equipment for the T-90.
<br/>This is why: I woke up this morning, shutted the camera on and surprise: I got the EEEE/Help error, great. Have looked in the Internet, tried some tricks people report that haven´t work, so it seems to need repair and nowadays few people worldwide do so.
<br/>Yes, the UK is a bit of a trip, I have a friend in London, though.
<br/>But first, I have to see if I can make the camera work again or if it´s worth it sending it somewhere in the globe for repair.
<br/>Cheers

Kriptone's Response to rogerslade's Review

Written on: 24/07/2006

hi ajrs
<br/>
<br/>I am in the UK, which is quite a long way from Toronto! The 28-200 lens is a Mitakon by the way, and the 300TL comes with case and the off camera lead which enables dedicated features to be retained while flash is off camera. Offers in region of £100 sterling plus shipping cost for the flash and lens welcomed
<br/>Best Wishes
<br/>Tony

Ajrs's Response to rogerslade's Review

Written on: 22/07/2006

I have also a T90 and a AE-1. I would be interested in the 300TL flash and maybe the 28-200. Do you live in the Toronto area?

Canon T90

“The Canon T90 is the most amazing manual focus camera...”

Written on: 19/02/2004 by sluggo202 (1 review written)

The Canon T90 is the most amazing manual focus camera I have ever owned. It's metering accuracy is legendary and body design and overall reliability and performance are likewise. This camera gives you so many metering options that it puts any other expensive manual focus cameras to shame. Many professionals still think this is THE modern manual camera of choice. The camera is supported by an incredible array of exceptionally sharp and reliable lenses as well as any other accessory (including a… Read Full Review