Feinwerkbau sport 124- cal 4.5/1.77 Reviews

Media Gallery for Feinwerkbau sport 124- cal 4.5/1.77

Feinwerkbau sport 124- cal 4.5/1.77
Feinwerkbau sport 124- cal 4.5/1.77

“Grat Gun”

Written on: 02/08/2012 by yanahurco (1 review written)

I have this gun for about 35 years and I will probably fire about 100.000 pelets. All I have change ones is the seal of the front piston and my gun keeps shoting perfect at 50 yards and more. Congratulations to the maker of this fantastic pellet gun. Fernando Cobo. Ecuador… Read Full Review

“Question”

Written on: 20/07/2012 by haciendayanahurco (1 review written)

I have a rifle Feinwerkbau sport 124- cal 4.5/1.77 for many years. But the front seal of the piston broke and i got a new one original. I istall the new seal properly, but when I shoot more than 10 shots the power goes down.I don´t an some one tell me about this problem. My e mail is fecobo@interactastictive.net.ec. I am realu sad beause this is a fantantastic gun… Read Full Review

“Feinwerkbau 124-cal4.5/.177”

Written on: 29/06/2012

Bought it in 1972(yes, that's 40 years ago) from Beeman and it is as perfect as the day I took my first target shot. A very fine piece of craftsmanship. Never a problem and very accurate… Read Full Review

“My favorite gun, period. ”

Written on: 18/06/2012 by Chevota (3 reviews written)

I bought mine new in '83 for $270, it was a 124 Deluxe. Big bucks back then for an airgun, but it was so worth it! Great power but mostly the quality and accuracy. The deluxe stock is amazing, the machine work is outstanding, the bluing is deep. Shooting birds at 100' or less is no challenge at all, you cannot miss! 100 yards should be easy too as long as there's no wind and you're sighted in for it, but if you're not then yes it'll take a few shots to get there. Mine shoots at 14ftlbs and was… Read Full Review

“i have owned a fwb 124 sport bought at manchester...”

Written on: 15/02/2010

i have owned a fwb 124 sport bought at manchester airguns since 1982 i have a collection of guns inc a sharp ace; a hw80; a bsa vulcan and a bsa meteor which i have had since i was 16 years old. the 127 is by far the finest rifle i have ever used,its slim well balanced sits snugly on the shoulder and can shoot the balls of a gnat. i am 66 years old… Read Full Review

Sailorjohn48's Comment

Written on: 24/02/2012

How old is a 127 serial no 58300?
Thanks
J

“Fantastic air rifle. I have it for 32 years and it...”

Written on: 28/01/2010

Fantastic air rifle. I have it for 32 years and it works perfect. Thanks… Read Full Review

“I have had my Feinwerkbau Sport 124 for over 25 years...”

Written on: 05/06/2009 by kb5tgs (1 review written)

I have had my Feinwerkbau Sport 124 for over 25 years simply put it's the best shooting air rifle I have ever owned. I'm 61 years young and have grown up shooting Daisy, Crossman and Benjamin pump guns. In fact I still have my second Benjamin and it still shoots great. I own some 30 different rifles, pistols and shotguns I hand load for most of them but I have never owned a finer built firearm than my Feinwerkbau Sport 124. Anyway thats my 2 bits worth on the subject… Read Full Review

“I have owned a FWB Sport 124 since new and purchased...”

Written on: 28/03/2009 by ravoman (1 review written)

I have owned a FWB Sport 124 since new and purchased from Sussex Arms in 1978 as a 'tuned' version having all its essential bits honed and polished to perfection. It has only required one spring/piston change since I moved down under in 1990 and was fitted with an Ox spring in Brisbane. Rifle shoots with amazing accuracy and easy to cock - would require slight detune for UK though as is consistently putting out around 13 - 14 ft lbs at the muzzle using a variety of pellets This is first class… Read Full Review

“I just bought my Freinwerkbau sport 124 two days ago...”

Written on: 20/05/2008 by yuri (1 review written)

I just bought my Freinwerkbau sport 124 two days ago , and then trying it for shooting target with all my friend all night long, and we were surprised with this old air rifles performances. All of us just a beginner for shooting target , but we can hit a very little target ( just a 2 cm square) from 15 m shooting range , and one of taget made from wood ( yoyo) , we hang it , and then it become into a pieces after get hit by our feinwerkbau… Read Full Review

“First off, this gun lasts forever, mine has been past...”

Written on: 24/04/2007 by Robson1shot (2 reviews written)

First off, this gun lasts forever, mine has been past down to me from my father and it must be well over 20 years old but its still killing. I have had so many kills with this gun i couldn't even try and count and i know it had a lot of kills before i got my lucky hands on it. Its the most amazing gun to hold, it shoots how a good hunting rifle should shoot. I really wish they still made these guns. I have a leather strap on my rifle which has been there since the gun was made and that too is… Read Full Review

Avantprog's Response to Robson1shot's Review

Written on: 06/06/2007

Totally agree. I've had this gun since new (yes I'm probably as old as your dad) and it's been an amazing gun. I wish I had bought several of them back in the day, but since mine is still going strong I suppose they'd just be sitting in their box.

“I have had Air rifles for over 45 years and have had...”

Written on: 10/01/2006 by derick (1 review written)

I have had Air rifles for over 45 years and have had in excess of 25 variations of them right up to and including some of the upper range precharged which I still have. However the only springer I hold in great esteem is the Feinwerkbau Sport. Believe you me it is a true classic. Been involved in engineering most of my life I have modified and rebuilt Air rifles of every description and the FWB sport was the best modified rifle I ever did. I took it apart (must use a spring compressor… Read Full Review

Antno's Response to derick's Review

Written on: 25/04/2006

which is better the 124 or the 127 sport? i have the 127 sport and i am new to air rifles, i want to make it more powerful and maintain it well. i love to strip my gun down and clean it with a fag and a brew. do you have any tips on maintaining and improving its performance please? anthony.

460890_Telboy1950's Response to derick's Review

Written on: 17/05/2009

Hi Derick I have an old sport 2 and it has stopped working (since I oiled it) any ideas and how do I strip it not to sure about the spring thing
<br/>Regards Terry

Derick's Response to derick's Review

Written on: 12/06/2008

Hello Anto,<br/>The breach seal / O ring does not have to be increased in size or the housing machined out. Just fit a new seal / O ring first to bring it back to where it would be as new. Fitting a breach latch with out fitting a new seal first is a little pointless. The new seal does what it is supposed to do and the latch makes sure the breech does not open while doing it.<br/>With regards to fitting the latch / bolt, You can find one tapped screw hole where the original Iron Sight would have been. Have another hole Drilled / Tapped forward of that. Have this done by someone who knows what they are doing, otherwise they could go too deep and ruin the whole job. Your bolt needs to be flat /wide and fit to the top of the Piston chamber front end. 3mm thick by 10 or 12mm wide is O.K<br/>You then need to fit an (upside down flat topped U shaped bridge) on the barrel side for the bolt to slide into. This can be drilled and tapped onto the side faces of the barrel breech sides leaving the tunnel at the top for the sliding flat bolt to go into. This can be any design that suites you best.<br/>Sliding the bolt from the chamber side over onto the barrel top, stops the barrel from lifting at all providing your tolerances are small enough. Once this had been fitted you will almost certainly see the difference. Chrono before and after the work to show what you have achieved. <br/>Hope this helps.<br/>

Antno's Response to derick's Review

Written on: 07/06/2008

Where can i get one of those barrel latches from is it some kind of lock. how can the o ring seal be improved. fitting a larger one and milling out the otherside so it fits into both sides.

Ronj's Response to derick's Review

Written on: 14/12/2006

Derick,
<br/>I have a FWB 124 D RH Montecarlo stock hanging on the wall of my shop.
<br/>It has been there for about twenty years.
<br/>It has the correct 7/8" cobra sling, Beeman blue ribbon 4X scope, Beeman muzzle grip cocking aid, Beeman accurization job, Beeman logo rear sight cover and a correct Beeman trigger shoe.
<br/>It also has dust and failed piston seals along with the need for a buff up with some extra fine steel wool and light oil.
<br/>The stock is in great shape, all the metal is in great shape, the muzzle grip cocking aid needs a set screw.
<br/>If you have a interest contact me a ronlj@sbcgobal.net

Derick's Response to derick's Review

Written on: 27/04/2006

Dear Anthony,
If you wish to go to town on your rifle then do much the same as what I have already said in my reveiw. If you want that extra power and providing you hold an FAC cert then do as I did but dont cut the spring down so far. 18 FT LBS can be acheived with the fwb without going mad, and if all the smoothing work is done you can have an 18 ft lb rifle smoother than many a 12 ft lb rifle in standard guise. If you do take that course of action try the rifle at different stages of your modification and Chrono it keeping a record of all the changes. This is a little long winded but if you want perfection then you must be prepared to put in the time. As far as lubing it goes... buy the best lube you can and use it sparingly. Not too much and not too little. This can make a dramatic difference to consistency. This of course is a total waste of time if the piston and the piston seal are not in good order to start with. Check these out first. Another mod which helps the FWB is to put a barrel latch on them. Some years ago I did tests on my rifle with Talcum powder sprinkled on top of the breach break point and was surprised to see a puff of talc on firing. Fitting a latch and of course a good breach seal put this right. It was also noticable on the chrono before and after fitting the latch. Sadly the days when hundreds of people were tuning Springers is gone as the Pre charged rifles are pretty good in standard form plus lots of springers come onto the market in a so called ready tuned and smoothed design. Believe me you can improve on all of them if you wish to. With regards to which is the better of the 124 and the 127, I can only say I have acheived excellent results with both models. If you get hold of books from people such as Gerald Cardew, John Bowkett and the old masters you will find lots of gems of info from them. I never take these writers at their word but over the years I put into practice what these 2 gentlemen said and they were 2 of the most educated lads in the business. I have great respect for them. There were many others like Mike Wade and the Venom boys. You could do far worse than finding and old set of Airgunner or Airgun World mags. I.E before 1995. Even earlier are better. I wish you luck. Get a top notch stock, Tune it up and you will have a classic. Regards Derick

“I bought my Feinwerkbau sport 124D from Beeman's in...”

Written on: 10/09/2004 by serazin (2 reviews written)

I bought my Feinwerkbau sport 124D from Beeman's in 1977. I got the full tune up at the time along with the select stock. This rifle has been a beloved part of my family for 27 years. I spent MANY pleasurable hours plinking away at small targets at long ranges. I have even taken ground squirrels at near 100 yards.
I let the rifle set for almost the last five years in a gun case with no attention.
Needless to say, it was not right when I took it out to shoot it a few weeks ago. The breech seal… Read Full Review

Azul's Response to serazin's Review

Written on: 29/08/2005

is there any chance that u could post me the details where and how much the piston and barrels seals are.. mine have worn and need to get some ASAP.. i have a feinwerkbau 127 sport .22 thanks

Shropshireairgunner's Response to serazin's Review

Written on: 04/06/2010

If you need any parts for any airguns new and old go to www.gunspares.co.uk. I have a feinwerkbau 127 sport in mint condition, I would say that it hasn't had onepack of pellets shot through it. But after sitting in a gun cabinate for 20 years the piston seal had perished and the breach seal wasn't in a good way either. And to get those parts I used www.gunspares.co.uk, and while I was there I picked up a new mainspring too. And now the rifle works great for hunting or just plinking.

Gduk's Response to serazin's Review

Written on: 28/03/2010

I found this review not helpful because... Shooting a squirrel at nearly a hundred yards is a total porkie!!

Sussexgunner's Response to serazin's Review

Written on: 10/03/2006

Azul, try
<br>www.airguns.citymax.com

Azul's Response to serazin's Review

Written on: 29/08/2005

hi there .. i have a feinwerkbau 127 sport .22
<br>
<br>i need a new piston and barrel seals but in the uk are hard to come across them.. is it possible that i can have the J macarri details so that i can get in contact with him..
<br>Thanks

“For the serious hunter - look hard for the Feinwerkbau...”

Written on: 23/07/2003 by Mark. (1 review written)

For the serious hunter - look hard for the Feinwerkbau Sport 127 , as Feinwerkbau didn`t attain all those `Gold Medal Olympic Shooters` using their rifles for nothing - did they ?

The best rifle (springer) -- `BY FAR`… Read Full Review

Snooper601's Response to 118233_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 13/11/2004

I agree, mostly, I have had mine since the early 80s but mine has a problem that was with it from new.
<br>The barrel is not perfectly in line with the rest of the gun, it is canted slightly to the left which causes problems when you fit a scope.
<br>
<br>If you zero the rifle at one distance, then at other distances the rifle will either shoot to the left or right as well as the expected up down variation due to trajectory.
<br>
<br>How would you cure this problem?

John Boy Walton's Response to 118233_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 10/02/2006

check out WWW.chambersgunmakers.co.uk. They have the parts you require and the guns appear to be the best you can get. I have one and love it to bits.

184960_Bingomk's Response to 118233_Mark.'s Review

Written on: 09/03/2005

my father recently gave me a feinwerkbau sport 127
<br>It needs the three bolts to hold the stock to the barrel,trigger guard,rubber for your shoulder & a good service.
<br>Is it worth spending the money on?
<br>Its in nice condition otherwise and has some sentimental value, but i can`t find any info on it anywhere.

“I have used the Feinwerkbau sport for hunting and have...”

Written on: 18/05/2003 by Michael McMahon. (1 review written)

I have used the Feinwerkbau sport for hunting and have actually killed a pigeon at 125 yards away. That really surprised me! It took 6 shots but to do it. I still have the gun and plan on holding on to it. The accuracy is so good it will give a grouping about 2 inches at 75 yards when bench rested. I have used it to hunt rabbits,crows, ducks, and other pests. My friend came over and asked to use it to kill a opossum in the roof where he could not use a .22 I recommend get the Maccari deluxe… Read Full Review

107358_Bertie.'s Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 14/06/2003

Michael McMahon - are you sure that's not Michael Corleone! 125 yards! That's one gun you've got there! I'm in the market for an upgrade on my shooter so I'll shortlist it. Have a nice day.

Darrenhunt's Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 27/01/2004

Thanks, Mark. Would you (or anyone else) recommend the rifle be serviced, DIY or professionally, before a 20 year old gun is put back into normal service?

Bertie's Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 27/01/2004

Very interesting Mark. I've never even SEEN any model of the Feinwerkbau range but I do know of their tremendous reputation which is evidenced by the fact that a second-hand one can command £200+!. I mean, look what you can get brand-new for that bundle of notes.
<br>Who sells 'em anyway because my fave Ramsbottom doesn't?
<br>
<br>How would the 124 and 127 compare with the Weihrauch HW35 and HW80 I wonder? I'd be very interested to know....Anyone?...Cheers.

123817_Mark Williams's Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 26/01/2004

£100 LIMIT FOR A SCRAPPY LOOKING GUN.
<br>£200+ For a rifle in ``Mint`` condition.
<br>Remember the engineering is second to none in these guns,and a 20yr old rifle is a young gun for this breed,-- this rifle will last you a lifetime, with ease.
<br>Regards,
<br> Mark.

Darrenhunt's Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 26/01/2004

Has anyone got any idea of how much to pay for a 20 year old Sport 127 in good condition?

Bertie's Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 21/09/2003

mark...I think the first five shots missed. I have visions of the pigeon sitting there, right leg extended, with the middle finger pointing upwards and making a noise that sounds like "ap yoors" - or something like that.
<br>The sixth shot put a stop to all that!

Laner.'s Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 17/07/2003

keep on shooting those winged rats even if it does take 6 shots!!!!!

114101_Mark.'s Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 08/07/2003

<br> Sir if you were to attempt to shoot a bird of any description at 125yds/mts with an airgun of a power rating of 12ft/lbs - and a prolonged death of six shots is horrendous -- you should be banned from owning a gun of any description, and reported to the R.S.P.C.A.-- IMMEDIATLY !

108472_Michael Mcmahon.'s Response to 99037_Michael McMahon.'s Review

Written on: 18/06/2003

Some information on the 125 yard pigeon kill. They were (15) on top of a tin roof of a tall warehouse, so I could tell when I was hitting low by the sound of the pellet hitting the roof and I adjusted my aiming high above the bird. And I hit the pigeon to the left of the one I was aiming at.

“My Feinwerkbau has a customised left handed stock...”

Written on: 05/04/2003 by sean. (1 review written)

My Feinwerkbau has a customised left handed stock which is a little crude but effective. It needs to be re-glued and could do with a tune. Its still capable of giving me .5inch groups at 20 metres (fitted with a nikko sterling X4 X 32 sight). Please tell me more about this rifle,what can i do to improve it, who can most effectively tune it for me and can i buy a standard stock for it ???… Read Full Review

92735_Jim.'s Response to 86478_sean.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2003

I remember longing for a sport127 back in the late 70,s.A few of my friends had 124,s and 127,s and we used to check the muzzle energy on a skan chronograph and the highest energy reading i remember seeing was a .22 127 about 13.5 ftlb,s and the .177 124,s rarely made more than 11.5 ftlb,s and more usualy around 10 ftlb,s for the .177 and 11ftlb,s for the .22 .Polish the cylinder out with a polishing mop on a electric drill polish the piston and lightly shave the piston washer with wet n dry emery paper until the piston slides down the cylinder under its own weight.Fit a good standard spring and be rewarded with a sweet sooting rifle nudging 12 ftlb,s.Dont bother with a super strong spring in this gun as the air cylinder simply dosnt have the volume for much more power and will result in only more recoil.

109543_Bertie.'s Response to 86478_sean.'s Review

Written on: 22/06/2003

Jim from Notts. - That's what I like to see; sensible, practical advice that costs nothing but a little time and effort to accomplish. Keep posting pal!