Butlins, Skegness Reviews

Media Gallery for Butlins, Skegness

Butlins, Skegness
Butlins, Skegness

“Butlins Skegness”

Written on: 19/03/2014 by AnnMarieTovey (1 review written)

Just had a 60`s weekend break with friends (to celebrate our 60th birthday) What a fabulous weekend. Staff - fantastic, food - fantastic, cleanliness of the chalets - fantastic. There was only one thing we moaned about, sat near the gents one evening and there was a bit of a smell. Would recomend this holiday to anyone. In fact when we came home my daughter was so impressed she has booked to bring her family on a Butlins holiday… Read Full Review

“Marvellous Madness ”

Written on: 21/12/2013 by Kayleehall (1 review written)

Me and my Family went to Butlins (Skegness) for a short weekend the best holiday i have ever been on. We went in October 22nd 2012, We fa rely enjoyed our stay there was lots of activities to do. There are lots of shops for you to go to. The accommodation was great comfortable beds. The splash water-world was fantastic full of exiting new adventures for you to try. I recommend it as a family Holiday. You have to go for over four days. Our Holiday was jam packed. We are going again in… Read Full Review

“Stephils butlins are fantsatic”

Written on: 24/10/2013 by Anujram (3 reviews written)

Stephils Butlin in Skegness is brilliant,, we stayed there for two nights and found that thats a very good option to stay and reasonably affordable as well. My kids enjoyed the most.. Would recommend this due to my money worth spending and good customer service. Next time I will go with all my family as they do have four bedroom caravans… Read Full Review

“Fab holiday for kids and parents!!”

Written on: 20/10/2013 by missa86 (1 review written)

We have visited Butlins Skegness three times now and have loved it each time. The entertainment is brilliant for the kids and adults too. Plenty for them to do in the time you are staying there. Admittedly there are some areas that could do with some tlc and improvement ie new carpets in Centre Stage and the Pavillion and also Bobland. Also could do with new rides and games in the funfair and amusements. But above all the holiday park is great. Definately worth paying a little extra to stay in… Read Full Review

“BRILLIANT WE ALL LOVED IT”

Written on: 22/07/2013 by mark4740_0 (2 reviews written)

After reading some negative reviews of Butlins Skegness me, my wife and two kids (4+6) were really pleased with our silver apt it was clean and just yeah great, went friday-monday and the entertainment was fantastic for the kids, during the day the kids wanted to see certain shows and in between were entertained by music,stage shows, people,photo shoots with some of the characters and more we barely had time to eat as we were self catering and the kids were manic wanting to see everything, so… Read Full Review

“BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!!”

Written on: 05/05/2013 by Iona1234 (1 review written)

Best holiday I have been to and I have been all over its really clean and tidy staff are really helpfull. I must admit it is about run down and there is room for improvement but it is amazing. The things to do for kids is unreal you really need to try it out for your self let me just say I have been to all 3 butlins that this one is by far the best mine head is a horrible eww but this is perfect for all the family… Read Full Review

Smithie22's Response to Iona1234's Review

Written on: 06/05/2013

WERE YOUR EYES AND NOSE CLOSED FOR THE WHOLE TIME OF YOUR STAY?!!!!!!!!
NOT A REALISTIC ACCOUNT OF THIS HOLIDAY PARK.

Alexandra9876's Response to Iona1234's Review

Written on: 12/05/2013

You need your head screwd on mate!!!

“Loved it!”

Written on: 14/04/2013

I stayed at Butlins Skeg in April 2013 with my 9 and 12 year old children. On tight budget I booked the standard room only and was delighted to see that this included food. My friend paid for gold self catering and paid double what I did in the same week and she went self catering. There was no difference between our rooms decor or quality wise. Before I went friemds and family told me horror stories about the food court. How I would queue outside for hours for a table and once I had one… Read Full Review

“Ellie Murray (TOP CLASS BELEIBER!)”

Written on: 07/04/2013

Butlins skegness is a great place to have a great holiday, and if you ever want to be by the sea side it all ways there what ever the weather! Also there are lots to do what ever the weather! The only thing what is the worst about going on holiday to Skegness is taking the time to get there thats the only thing what I hate aboiut it! The thing what I love the most is probely every think......... Here I will make a list: . The fair ground (exspecily the Miami wave!) . The clubs are very… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/05/2013

FUNNY HOW THE NEXT THREE REVIEWS AFTER MINE ARE ALL 5 STARS!!! MUST BE CLOSE TO THE SUMMER SEASON!
OVERDID IT HERE WITH THE FAKE SPELLING MISTAKES, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A REDCOAT?

Emmaw1985's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2013

did you not like butlins skeggnes? I'm due to go in 4 weeks, how did u find it?

Written on: 07/06/2013

Emmaw, read my review below Ellie's to get a realistic, honest account of this disgraceful resort and the disgusting customer service afforded by Bourne Leisure to its customers.
My advice would be to get your money refunded if at all possible and stay well away from any holiday park Bourne operate!!!!!
We mistakenly holidayed at Haggerston Castle, Craig Tara and last year at Butlins not realising Bourne owned it as well!!!
All three were equally as awful an experience as each other!
You have been warned!!! Good luck.

Alexandra9876's Comment

Your full of pee,movee

“BOURNE/BUTLINS, CASH FOR TRASH!!! STAY AWAY! ”

Written on: 17/02/2013 by SMITHIE22 (2 reviews written)

OVERALL......DIRTY, FILTHY, RUNDOWN HOLIDAY PARK. SOME STAFF GAVE GOOD SERVICE. CHILDRENS ENTERTAINMENT MAGICAL FOR YOUNG ONES, BUT TOO REPETITIVE. ACCOMODATION IS AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE, THEY SHOULD PAY YOU TO STAY IN THESE FILTHY, STINKING APARTMENTS!!! Arrived late because we had near 500miles of driving to get there. Collected keys from guest service office. Drove to accomodation, (Silver)entered to most awful smell, carpets were sticky and stained. Furniture was broken, main bedroom door… Read Full Review

Iona123's Response to SMITHIE22's Review

Written on: 05/05/2013

What a lie

Smithie22's reply to Iona123's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2013

EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID IN THIS REVIEW IONA IS TRUE AS PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED!!!
YOUR IGNORANT UNINTELLIGENT REMARK DOES NEITHER ADD OR DETRACT ANYTHING WORTHWHILE TO THE REVIEW!
I SUSPECT YOU ARE A BUTLINS EMPLOYEE.
THE SAD THING IS NONE OF WHAT I SAID IS A LIE BUT A CLEAR HONEST ACCOUNT OF HOW AWFUL THIS PLACE AND BOURNE LEISURE REALLY ARE!!!

Alexandra9876's reply to Smithie22's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2013

Leave her alone then she's right

Smithie22's reply to Alexandra9876's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2013

Oh!......another Bourne spy with low IQ!

“Ripped off by butlins!”

Written on: 26/10/2012

Butlins Skeg - what a nightmare place i would surrgest you book anywhere but here its a waste of money, tired run down and a complete rip off, the accomodation was awful, stinky and in need of an update,the facilities poor, the rides rusty & old,the activities repetitive & boring, the food...well were still suffering from a sickness bug! would i go back.NEVER!!!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/02/2013

Could'nt agree more!!!!
Place is rundown and dirty, and if you put animals in the standard of accomodation they put humans in, you would be fined. Bourne Leisure can only be assumed to be above the law, and have no idea what customer service is!!!

Alexandra9876's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2013

You are really full of bull

“i love Butlins Skegness”

Written on: 24/08/2012 by clairsmith12 (1 review written)

I have went to all kinds of butlins i been to skegness, bognor regis and minehead. but i love butlins skegness better, every year me and my family went to butlins since i was 2 years old and still now i haven't been bored of going to butlins i don't think i be bored of it i love it so much so i be telling my friends this go to butlins skegness cause you love it. i like the rides,the swimming pool and the show's but am now 17 but i still love the skyline gang… Read Full Review

“Dirty and unhelpful service”

Written on: 15/08/2012 by yabbyou (4 reviews written)

Room was dirty, curtains where burnt and singed around the bottom edges you would not have let your dog sleep on the sofa because of the state it was in, toilet leaking which they tried to fix on 3 occasions, when we left it was still leaking, when we asked to move they could not do this because there was 7 of us, which is understandable if they had then sorted these issues, but they made no attempt and the staff where completly unhelpful. We did write to them and they made an derisory offer… Read Full Review

“Location good, entertainment not so good.”

Written on: 29/07/2012

We chose Skegness as it has direct access to the beach, however they lock the gate at 5-30, too early for us.We took four grandchildren all boys ages 10 -15 not many rides for them to go on, and the ones there were we had to pay £5 a time.We also had to book for activities such as climbing wall ect,all payable.Entertainment well it might of been ok if we could have found a seat in any of the venues, we were there for a week and never saw one show, we complained about seating and were told they… Read Full Review

“butlins is awesome i love it.”

Written on: 22/06/2012

the apartments are awesome the redcoats are the entinment is cool. billy bear is. the whole resort is brillent. it is the best holiday in the whole wide world. every think is brill. i love it… Read Full Review

“Lots of entertainment, fun, and good accomidation....”

Written on: 21/05/2012

Lots of entertainment, fun, and good accomidation. Going back on jubilee weekend… Read Full Review

“i think the cost to butlins is a DISGRACE it should be...”

Written on: 06/04/2012

i think the cost to butlins is a DISGRACE it should be cheaper in the summer holidays due to all the activities and i would like to say i have a big family and we cant afford that much money i have been a few occations with my large family and we used to get VERY good deals :)we liked everythink about it and it was the BEST family holiday ever and suited all age groups in the family but it would be cheaper to go abrord as the butlins price changes to highi just wish you would change the price… Read Full Review

“Just returned from a Monday - Friday trip to Butlins...”

Written on: 30/04/2011 by Health Hazard (3 reviews written)

Just returned from a Monday - Friday trip to Butlins with family.
We've been to Skegness several times before and thoroughly enjoyed it this time too.
Accommodation - Stayed in Gold. Not too bad although have probably had cleaner apartments.
Food - Dined in Coast. Lots of choice. Never disappointed.
Entertainment - Didn't bother with the queues for Reds or Centre stage but saw plenty of the Skyline.
Pool - Nice and warm.
Also, the site has been updated in a few places (gardens, changing… Read Full Review

“me and my wife and three kids stayed at butlins in...”

Written on: 29/01/2011 by markypoos (3 reviews written)

me and my wife and three kids stayed at butlins in skegness September 2010 butlins was clean the entertainment for adults and kids was very good and the food and beer prices where not as much as we expected we stayed in a caravan on the butlins site this was also clean spacious and very modern nothing like the caravans we used to stay in when we where kids it also saved me £200 on the butlins chalet prices we have booked with the same people this year www.butlinsbreak.co.uk i will let you know… Read Full Review

“been going once or twice a year for the last 6...”

Written on: 20/01/2011

been going once or twice a year for the last 6 years.ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.always gone half board,kids always entertained,always set a budget for the machine and there is loads of free stuff to do. defo going again in august.every1 is friendly the shows are amazing n even enertain my 2 n half year old.the red coats are fab.the restuarant staff are so decent even though most are polish.there of course a few places that need a lick of paint bt thats not even a concern if ur aving goodtime.the… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/07/2011

I so agree with you. It suits everyone and pocket!! I have two holidays coming up - a) I am taking my daughter there for her 13th birthday (its a surprise)in October 2011, it's the first time we will be staying in a caravan, (it has c/heating and d/glazing), so was glad to read you review. My daughter had been with me ("single mum" who works) between the years of 3-8yrs, and being an only child it was great for her as you always make friends then from 9-12yrs she started going with her dad, step sister and grannie, a Butlins holiday is every thing to her. b) Whilst looking at the site 3 weeks ago, I have booked for a Aug 2012 holiday (Mon-Fri) half board, silver room for my daughter and I, I was pleased with the deal, and as she will be nearly 14yrs, it should be a good girlie week!!!

“Butlins Skegness versus Center Parks.... ”

Written on: 02/01/2011

Butlins Skegness versus Center Parks....

As a young family of four we fancied a change this year for our new year break, usually prefering Center Parks.

First impressions, four redcoats asking for a beep and a very pleasant man on gate, accomodation (Gold) as good as Center Parks executive (more modern infact) Free funfair, choice of venues, entertainment all day and night.

Only thing though is eating places, 1 pub that is ok, a pizza diner that is never open when you want it, a fish and… Read Full Review