Barnett Commando 2 Compound Crossbow Reviews

Barnett Commando 2 Compound Crossbow - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Barnett Commando 2 Compound Crossbow

Barnett Commando 2 Compound Crossbow
Barnett Commando 2 Compound Crossbow

“I have a Commando II crossbow but I am really upset...”

Written on: 09/04/2006 by Junaidkhan (1 review written)

I have a Commando II crossbow but I am really upset with the customer relation of Barnett. The problem I am facing is that the string of my crossbow is torn. Now I can replace a new one and I also don't know the size of it .for 150lb. What size of string with be usingmplease help me out to fix my crossbow.thanks… Read Full Review

Crossbowcos's Response to Junaidkhan's Review

Written on: 07/12/2006

Contact Barnett at 1-800-237-4607

Rb9Rocks's Response to Junaidkhan's Review

Written on: 13/03/2013

25.5 inch

391805_Candyman602000's Response to Junaidkhan's Review

Written on: 13/08/2008

The string is 25 5/8 long ... The string cost about $14.00 Go too barnett replacement parts.... maybe help you...

Daddyboy's Response to Junaidkhan's Review

Written on: 13/12/2007

Are you willing to sell your commando 2 cash waiting.
Many thanks

“I started shooting with air rifles when I was younger....”

Written on: 03/04/2003 by Gus. (1 review written)

I started shooting with air rifles when I was younger. I still do. But last year I purchased a Barnett commando 2 compound x-bow for 370 euros, and I was instantly surprised by its power. High powered air rifles are nothing compared to crossbows.
The draw weight of my commando 2 is 175lb, but due to its cocking mechanism, this is an easy task. I mounted a HAKKO panorama MK3 multi reticle sight on the mounting rail. Thanks to the MK3 I can shoot tight groups at 60 meters. I can even shoot… Read Full Review

88520_Dudeman.'s Response to 86002_Gus.'s Review

Written on: 12/04/2003

how do u make them indestructible?

Daddyboy's Response to 86002_Gus.'s Review

Written on: 13/12/2007

I'd really appreciate some help if possible, can you tell me the string and cable length for a barmett commando 2, any differences for a 120lb version
Thanks

Lukemkicks's Response to 86002_Gus.'s Review

Written on: 13/03/2007

Those are some very good ideas for the crossbow bolts. I don't shoot crossbow, but I'm thinking about making some of those to use with my horsebow!
<br/>
<br/>Crossbows are pretty powerful, but not compared to my rimfire rifle...900 ft lb...beat that!

Craigios's Response to 86002_Gus.'s Review

Written on: 17/09/2004

Mate, I shake your hand, you certainly know your arrows.
<br>
<br>I have a Quad 300 Camo & what an excellent crossbow that is. It issues a force of 122.22 ft/lbs, wow. Try & beat that Mr. Airgunner man.
<br>
<br>I have also been experimenting with arrow production & I have came up with some lethal combinations, oh yes, not for the faint hearted, no sir. My crossbow issues a force of 122.22ft/lbs, wow. Try & beat that Mr. Airgunner man.
<br>
<br>I own pre-charged air rifles but nothing compares to crossbows of any kind, even the cheaper 50lb ones.

Gus's Response to 86002_Gus.'s Review

Written on: 10/05/2004

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN ARROWS
<br>
<br>The shaft/body of the arrow
<br>Buy 8mm aluminum tube at your local hardwear store. Saw these into peaces of 16cm. Use round wooden sticks of 6mm x 4cm as a plug for the rear of your arrow. Fill the inside of the arrow with kitchen salt (this is a finer grain than the regular salt) untill you have about 2cm left. Make sure you hammer the salt in place, this will get solid and you won't be able te shake the salt back out. This has 2 advantages. The arrow will get added strength and weigth. An arrow made in this way will be about 32 grams wich is the weight of a factory arrow. The tip of the arrow can be made to fill the need of it's intended use.
<br>The flights
<br>I use thin hard but flexibel plastic as flights. You can easily cut the right size and form with a pair of scissors. The flights can be glued to the rear of the arrow with superglue. I use the 3 flight configuration of the factory arrows. But My flights are 70% smaller than the factory arrows.
<br>
<br>The tip of your arrow
<br>First of all I would like to say that I have designed the following arrows for personal defense. My country has very stricked rules on firearms. So I have done some research on weapons that may be legally purchased. The crossbow is one of those weapons.
<br>
<br>!!!!Please use the following information with common sense. And be carefull with the home made arrows for some of them do more damage then the factory arrows!!!!
<br>Arrow tip option 1- Practice arrows
<br>For this option you will need a steel nail with a diameter of 6mm. Cut this nail into a length of 3cm. Glue the nail into the empty space in the shaft as explained above. This arrow is my standard for target practicing.
<br>Arrow tip option 2- high penetration arrows
<br>Again you will need a 6mm nail cut down to 3cm in length. Spray teflon or gun oil all over the nail. Put some thick grease in the 2cm empty space of the shaft. Now slide the nail into the shaft. The grease stops the nail from sliding out.
<br>
<br>When the arrow impacts the nail will shoot out. This will enable more penetration then the factory arrows. I have tested these arrows on laminated bitumen (7 layers) plus compressed hardwood. I shot at a range of 5 meters. The factory arrows penetrated about 6 layers. The high penetration arrows went right through the 7 layers and the compressed wood of 1cm. The nail shot out and sticked in my wooden fence about 20 cm behind my target.
<br>Arrow tip option 3- High penetration type II
<br>Use an aluminum tube of 6mm with an inside diameter of 4mm. Cut the tube to a lenth of 3cm. Tap this tube into the shaft. Now use a nail of 4mm diameter. Cut this to 4cm in length. Now put some grease in the 4mm shaft, spray teflon or gun oil on the nail and slide it in the shaft. This arrow offers more penetraition on the part of the body of the arrow, but due to the light weight of the 4mm nail it will not travel as far as the 6mm version.
<br>
<br>Arrow tip option 4- Lead tip arrows.
<br>Poor some hot lead into the empty space of 2cm. Let it cool down and voila. You have a wadcutter arrow. Good impact and stopping power. Not good for target practice cause the laed is soft so it will easily deform. But easy to make
<br>Arrow tip option 5- Glazer arrows
<br>I was inspired by the glazer or shotshell ammo for firearms.
<br>The body of the arrow should now be filled untill there is an empty space of 4cm. Fill the tip with lead 4,5mm round airgun pellets. Wrap a very thin peace of paper over the opening and tape the sides. When the arrow impacts the lead shot will shoot out with quite some force. The lead shot will spread out on it's way out. This arrow has very good stopping power but less penetration.
<br>Furthermore
<br>The arrows I have made are about the same weight as the factory arrows. But they have a slightly higher speed due to the length. The trajectory is a bit more flat so you have to take this into account when setting your sights.
<br>I hope I have given enough information to answer your questions.

Horsam's Response to 86002_Gus.'s Review

Written on: 04/05/2004

How do you make your own arrows?

Nbman's Response to 86002_Gus.'s Review

Written on: 19/10/2003

I'd like to know how you make your own arrows

91649_Gus.'s Response to 86002_Gus.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2003

He Dudeman. You can make your bowstrings virtualy
<br>indestructible by bindig nylon fishline around the part of the string that has contact with the rail in wich you place the arrows. Make sure you bind the nylon line as tight as possible. After that just spray a bit of teflon on the fishline, this will reduce resistance. Good luck.