Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1 Reviews

Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1

Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1
Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1

“its perfeket and shiney to shoot”

Written on: 10/10/2012

its perfeket and shiney to shoot… Read Full Review

“i like the clip and the gun cool pistol i so wont on...”

Written on: 29/06/2012

i like the clip and the gun cool pistol i so wont on one so bad if i do not get it i wode look some were else … Read Full Review

“Umarex Colt 1911. ”

Written on: 17/04/2007 by Jungle Jim Jam (5 reviews written)

Umarex Colt 1911.

There are two aspects to this gun, as there are to the entire range of Umarex CO2 pistols. They are all replica's of actual firearms, and they also operate as gas-powered air-pistols.

As a replica of a Colt 1911, this gun is modestly satisfactory. It is made of metal, but it's not steel or genuine firearm quality alloy and it's finish is therefore not blued. The metal is something referred to by another reviewer, politely, as "Spelter" and in rather less repeatable terms… Read Full Review

Londonlengman's Response to Jungle Jim Jam's Review

Written on: 12/04/2008

You describe the nickel finish as pale gold, but thats how its supposed to be if you wanted silver you should have got that finish.

Banny4's Response to Jungle Jim Jam's Review

Written on: 13/07/2012

I have the Cp88 and its made from a cast bronze material and electroless nickel plated, I am also an engineer and consider this to be very good quality. I think the grip safety should work so we agree on that. The trigger works well on my pistol.
I personally hate BB guns and consider the 1911, the Beretta M92 and the CP88 to be very reasonable air "revolver" replicas of automatic pistols....think you are hard to please!
If you dismantle them you can see why they are pricey.
Do shop around!
I will say though that the 1911 is my least favourite of the three.
Love the real thing though, had the pleasure of shooting the .45" and the 9mm versions some years ago.

Guest's Response to Jungle Jim Jam's Review

Written on: 09/07/2012

I too, am a little confused by this review. I have the "Normal" version of the Umarex Colt 1911_A1, and I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. It is a decent quality CO2 air pistol.

If you buy this, as I did, as an air pistol I don't think many people will be too disappointed.
The one thing I do agree about though is the range of dealer prices

Guest's Response to Jungle Jim Jam's Review

Written on: 01/08/2011

hi i find it very difficult to understand what this reviewer wants from umarex here, if they where made of the steels he would like they would cost as much as the genuine article and as far as authenticity goes baretta,colt and smith&wesson let them sell these replica/toys under license which 15 to 17 year old boys would love if your older and still playing with toy guns get a grip

“Over all a good gun and I got it at a good price. I am...”

Written on: 02/03/2007 by huntman58 (1 review written)

Over all a good gun and I got it at a good price. I am used to Crosman guns and have a 2240 I built up and hot rodded
I got this one for plinking and can busting. The 2240 is for target shooting and hunting small varmints like mice and starlings. I have not had it long enough to say about longevity yet or what pellet is best in it. I do like the grips as there real rubber like on my powder burner. I find this is a great gun to train new shooters with before I release them on my powder burning… Read Full Review

Huntman58's Response to huntman58's Review

Written on: 02/03/2007

Okay gun is now not working right after less then 24 hours of ownership. Call Uramex about warranty work or taking it back to the store. They wanted me to pay for shipping both ways also to pay for the labor to fix it and they would cover the parts. There warranty says one year parts and labor well that not what I got
<br/> Gun is a looker but not a shooter miss fires more than it fires. One or two shots full power then low to were pellets bounce of cardboard boxes at 25 feet! This is not a gun I would buy again now after owning and talking to the factory warranty people nor will I own any thing they make sorry for the good words of before they were said after shooting it just one night. No I am not new to guns both air and powder fact the only one I have owned worse then this was an old Jennings j22 pocket pistol in 22cal I called it the jamamatic this one is called the may be . May be I will work may be I will not may be they will warrant it may be they will not. I bought this as a new gun not a used on by they way new in the box but it turns out it was a used on it had be returned before and now I know why so a -10 to big 5 and to Uramex

“I bought the blued 1911A1 supposedly new from a...”

Written on: 04/04/2006 by MPF (1 review written)

I bought the blued 1911A1 supposedly new from a reputable gun auction!
In fact it is painted black, presumably because the material it is made from can't be blued.
Still it is a good coating that Umarex have put on it and it looks the real deal.....
The gun feels good and has a nice heft to it, it's easy to load with both the mags and Co2 cartridges.
However the fps leaves a lot to be desired, this is because as with nearly all semi auto Co2 guns with the revolver type of pellet feed the breech… Read Full Review

Boris's Response to MPF's Review

Written on: 05/02/2007

How odd that a "gunsmith" would not have noticed these faults or not have realised the materials the guns are made from !
<br/>
<br/>Do we perhaps get carried away with our own fantasy enthusiasm and believe all the publicity.
<br/>
<br/>These are surely just cheap fun guns. One can pay more to get something more solid and suitable for competition
<br/>
<br/>As usual it&#039;s "Caveat Emptor"

“Have had mine for about 2 years. I use it in training...”

Written on: 18/08/2005 by ted3929 (37 reviews written)

Have had mine for about 2 years. I use it in training since it looks and weighs about the same as a real .45.

A couple points to watch for:

1. Releasing the slide so it goes forward (not backwards like the real .45) means the cylinder will come flying out quickly. Be sure to keep an eye on it and you'll be on the floor looking.

2. The grip safety does NOT work. It's a fake. If the gun is loaded and somebody touches the trigger, it will discharge even if the grip safety is not pushed… Read Full Review

Boris's Response to ted3929's Review

Written on: 05/02/2007

I have had three so far and on all the grip safety works well - almost too well and can be a nuisance .

“CAUTION!!!!!! ”

Written on: 02/07/2004 by 666ANARCHIST (1 review written)

CAUTION!!!!!!
I have reason to believe people are paying large amounts of cash for these guns!!! I know a german/english website that stocks these guns from just £98.00!!!! That is for the black/black model. to get the wooden grips it is just £102.00!! as for the silver gun with sliding lever trigger (read above) I didn't look at the price but believe me, you could save enought to buy all necesary CO2 capsules and large amounts of ammo for the cash you save!! Also the website sells the 11mm… Read Full Review

“Have the Walther CP99 and Colt 1911 A1, two different...”

Written on: 29/05/2004 by shelxcns (2 reviews written)

Have the Walther CP99 and Colt 1911 A1, two different guns with different characteristics. The Colt is my favorite. Single-action trigger is crisp and after a few firings one can tell where the break-off is. Double action is a longer pull, but not nearly as long as the CP99. Nice to be able to cock the hammer to go to single action, versus having to pull back a slide. The main dislike I have is the inability to adjust the sight elevation without buying or customizing your own set. Shop… Read Full Review

666Anarchist's Response to shelxcns's Review

Written on: 04/07/2004

shelxcns mate, don't go paying that much for the more standard version! I have written a review on the colt with a web address where you can get the best colt (without the compensators etc.) for just £125. I mean the colt in nickel with nice wooden grips. the black colt you talk of can be bought for a minimum of £98.00 anyway just trying to help, you cant go wrong by saving £20-£100 or dollars, come to think of it. I've been on sites where the nickel colt is being sold at prices around $300. Outrageous.

Shelxcns's Response to shelxcns's Review

Written on: 07/07/2004

Thanks for the info, hopefully it will help someone else. I did pay less that the site you mentioned, I paid $160, which is $20 less than the conversion of 95 pounds to $180 dollars.

666Anarchist's Response to shelxcns's Review

Written on: 06/07/2004

Fair shout, although converted £98 is in USD: $180. A saving depends what you want. I was of course talking about the website I mentioned in review, you could buy one from the other side of the world, just dont matter. although I admit it, I should have checked my facts before writing, because you are, as I keep forgetting, living in America.

Shelxcns's Response to shelxcns's Review

Written on: 05/07/2004

You're stating pound prices on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. What I paid is the best I've found in the US, in US dollars, not British/English/UK pounds. Most places in the States are selling the black colt for around $190-220.

“I have more of a question than a review. I just bought...”

Written on: 26/12/2003 by jakemu24 (1 review written)

I have more of a question than a review. I just bought a 1911 and it's real good except it's weak. It only shoots between 275 and 315 fps when it claims to shoot at 400. I was wondering if there is any way to upgrade it to a higher fps. If so, how?… Read Full Review

Deadeyedick's Response to jakemu24's Review

Written on: 13/04/2006

You probably got a "friday evening model" Where something has gone wrong as my mates one fires 400 fps. Maybe your using pellets that are too heavy.
<br>
<br>The gun pushes 4 ftlbs so its not ment to be powerfull.
<br>The most I have seen him use it for was finishing off a rabbit with a point blank headshot. Personally I have a nice piece of hollowed out wood filled with lead which gives a heafty wollop.

“The Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1 is really...”

Written on: 10/10/2003 by me myself (5 reviews written)

The Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1 is really cool. I think its the best replica gun one could have. It is realistic and has nice specifications. Shoots accurately and a lot of accessories to have. Get a red dot sight and you feel like you have a real advanced gun.

oh... and its a Colt!… Read Full Review

Deadeyedick's Response to me myself's Review

Written on: 13/04/2006

How much does the weapon weigh?
<br>
<br>Could you please give me the full specs of the weapon, i.e. power, velocity, weight, and any others you can think off.
<br>thanks, Deadeyedick

“I bought the Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1...”

Written on: 21/09/2003 by Moley (2 reviews written)

I bought the Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1 yesterday after spending quite a while considering what to buy. Now I have, I think I made the right decision. It bears such a likeness to its derivative that you could show it to someone and brag that you got it smuggled from the States and they'd be none-the-wiser! Only by looking down the barrel (when uncharged and unloaded, obviously) could you see that it's a CO2 copy, and a brilliant one, at that!

It's made with real gun metal which you… Read Full Review

Superduke's Response to Moley's Review

Written on: 10/12/2005

Agree with you about the Gamo. Had lots of hassles with jams. The Umarex pistols use metal in their mags & lockwork; and they deliver better results as standard!

“I have three of these guns and I enjoy shooting them...”

Written on: 06/09/2003 by Silentwind (1 review written)

I have three of these guns and I enjoy shooting them when they function correctly. When these first came out they looked like the best but time has shown some problems. The slide does not function with each shot, and the hammer is functional, it strikes the valve to fire the gun. The gun has a hammer bar safety and will not fire if dropped on the hammer even with the safety off. The velocity of all the Umarex guns is about 390 fps and the accuracy is about 1 1/4 inches at 30 feet. The… Read Full Review

“After i bought mine new, i was really happy until i...”

Written on: 30/08/2003 by bmwmpwr (1 review written)

After i bought mine new, i was really happy until i shot it, i liked how quiet it was but it had no power i would shot a soda can from 5 yards away and it would put a little dent in it, i was trying to shot a board one day that was about 15 yards away from me the pellet wouldnt even come close to the bird. i was shooting at my friend one day ( dont ever try that!) and he was able to catch the pellets! i dont no if i got a lemon or some but i no that i will never own this gun ever again unless… Read Full Review

Debunker's Response to bmwmpwr's Review

Written on: 03/09/2003

Yes, you have a lemon.
<br>
<br>It's probably best though, as you sound like an irresponsible twerp. Shooting at birds or any living thing with an air pistol is just not humane, few pistols (esp co2) are powerful enough, and you certainly aren't a good enough shot.
<br>
<br>Pointing pistols at people underlines how immature you are.
<br>
<br>Give up shooting now, before you harm someone.

Boris's Response to bmwmpwr's Review

Written on: 23/01/2005

Go easy on the kid, as well as being a fool English obviously is not his language so he is unable to express himself
<br>
<br>Do you have to be illiterate to appear on this site or is it optional ?
<br>
<br>There must be many resposible shooters out there who read these comments and understand why shooters have a bad press. Perhaps the site controllers could check before they publish - I notice that they call this gun a URAMEX !

D D's Response to bmwmpwr's Review

Written on: 14/02/2004

The colt 1911 is quiet, accurate, consistant,looks good and has plenty of power, You obviously dont know what you are talking about.

45 Competition Shooter's Response to bmwmpwr's Review

Written on: 30/11/2003

When you shot at your friend, did you ever stop and think what would have happened had THE GUN RELEASED THE PELLET AT FULL FORCE???!!! What about Newton's Law?(If something is going to go wrong, it will go wrong at the most inconvenient time: i.e. when you shot at your friend with your pistol.) I have one more question: how long was he or she your friend after that? I personally woulnd't have stayed your friend.

Me Myself's Response to bmwmpwr's Review

Written on: 10/10/2003

and... yah,
<br>
<br>You dont know what a CO2 gun is, you dont know safety and besides i think that you dont even know how to aim a gun.
<br>
<br>Umarex/daisy/Colt 1911 is one of the best replica CO2 pistols...

“The Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1 C02 Pistol...”

Written on: 27/08/2003 by MfaAragorn (3 reviews written)

The Uramex/Daisy/colt Colt Govn't 1911A1 C02 Pistol seems a bit less powerful than the 6" S&W due to the 5" barrel, but the power is normal to 4 or 5" barrels.

-Will shoot way up , due to the standard sights. Since these are not adjustable for elevation , it will need some getting used-to before a reasonable grouping can be obtained. A taller front sight could solve this. Adjustable sight kits usually include the rear unit as well.

-Handles beautifully in the hand, not too heavy , very… Read Full Review

“Only fair to state that this review is based on a...”

Written on: 11/07/2003 by SNK. (1 review written)

Only fair to state that this review is based on a rather well used second hand model. The odd pellet jams may be down to a worn magazine cycling catch. This is an all black model, at at guess I should think at least two or maybe even three years with a lot of shots going through it and I am still impressed with it. Very impressed. Accurate, great feel and brilliant build quality. I fitted it with a red dot sight and the accuracy is outstanding. I will be buying a new version of this gun as… Read Full Review

118563_Ryyy.'s Response to 114987_SNK.'s Review

Written on: 24/07/2003

i am wodering if i wish to purchass the colt and have a few questions. is this a terribly durible weapon? does the slide Blow back after each shot? and finally does the hammer operate or is it just there for decoration. also is it availible anywhere for under 150$

Silentwind's Response to 114987_SNK.'s Review

Written on: 15/08/2003

The slide does not blow back it stays fixed. The hammer is a functioning part of the gun.

121112_Sixmangenghiska.'s Response to 114987_SNK.'s Review

Written on: 02/08/2003

The hammer do operate, it's not decoration

“Over all this is a pretty good pistol, I got it a few...”

Written on: 01/04/2003 by GenghisKaStang. (1 review written)

Over all this is a pretty good pistol, I got it a few month, maybe the weight of the gun, I never miss a coke can in 20 feet, this gun can shoot like 60-80 shot in one co2, my experience is after 60 shot, power is clearly decreasing, but it can still punch through 2 layer of card board. The bad part on this gun is only 8 shot, it's a pain reloading the gun without a reloader, trigger is harder to fire in double action, you need to pull it more to the back than in single action. Overall, this is… Read Full Review

95757_Bob.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 08/05/2003

how would u compare this gun to say a walther cp99 or a beretta 92fs? How powerful is it?

299827_Nath22's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 22/07/2007

Hey, if anyone even uses this website anymore by looking at the dates (2005), anyway i have a question I'm new to the air gun world and i want to buy a powerful but yet obviously not an illegal airgun I've been looking at this HW45 German made (i think) hand gun and it says its well the most powerful hand gun yet I'm willing to pay 200 odd pound for it but is it worth it? If anyone owns one or knows if its legal or not to own one without a FAC please give me some info thanks.

Boris's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 23/01/2005

Oh boy! Intellectual heaven
<br>
<br>How far is the accuracy and power of a Umarex Colt affected by the size of your hand (grip safety), what you are wearing - T shirt or shirt and necktie, atmospheric pressure ambient temperature etc.
<br>
<br>Cutting three coils of the spring is better - all the CO2 will go in one discharge !!!

181394_Sallyman's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 11/01/2005

I am UK resident & have enjoyed shooting for 25 years now, respectively as UK law has changed, full-bore 44 Magnum Pistols & various Rifles, .22 Air & various CO2 weapons. I am also a Safety Adviser at work. Listening to all the commentary I can only say that no matter what age, experience or reason you enjoy shooting, there is only one standard that applies:
<br>Safety, Safety, Safety.
<br>That's Safety First, Safety in Use & Safety Last. I cannot emphasize enough the amount & severity of every-day accidents & injuries that occur through though lazyness & neglect, which makes us each all the more responsible when handling & using weapons whose pedigrees primary function was/is to cause accidents & injuries.
<br>Shooting, in whatever style, is great fun. Going to prison for manslaughter or injury, whether accidental or otherwise, I can assure you, is not.
<br>Hope you all enjoy good, fun & most of all, safe shooting.

Chrisw's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 09/12/2004

<font color=red>The chain of comments on this review have been edited (9th Dec) due to inappropriate content being posted. We have tried to ensure all relevant comments to the review remain and apologise for the removal of other comments. Please report any inappropriate comments via the <A href="http://www.reviewcentre.com/contact.php" >Contact Form</A> ; your help is greatly appreciated.</font>

Hotrod's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 07/12/2004

First off, DeBunker...my hat is off to you. People these are not toys. They can injure. Add to that these homemade, crazy ideas to get more power is insane. I am not a prude, but safety is a must. I am an Air Force veteren, trained on the M-16a and learned real fast the reality of firearm safety. Shoot safe today so you can teach your kids the fun of target shooting. SHOOT SAFE EVERYONE. DeBunker please keep the tech info streaming, you're very informative. Thanks.

Written on: 04/12/2003

My apologies if I said something that wasn't true...

Written on: 01/12/2003

I couldn't agreee more! Its just so simple. I think it just starts to happen when people bring "power" into the scene...

Written on: 01/12/2003

Careful there Alextimmons, you're off the mark a little. Nowhere have I said that co2 pistol have to be accurate or powerful. What I have said, is that the reviewers on here claiming their replica pistols are, are misled.
<br>
<br>I own two replica pistols myself, and an Anics pistol, which is a styled like a semi-auto. I understamd the limits of their power and accuracy, and am merely trying to bring some objectivity to these reviews.

45 Competition Shooter's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 30/11/2003

Why is everyone comparing C02 pistols(or any airgun for that matter) to firearms? If you would just compare airguns to airguns, you would be fine. Although I do see how you could make your point to some people only by comparing airguns to firearms. Some people are so ignorant...

Erik's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 26/11/2003

I have been reading the arguments here and I have to agree with De-Bunker. CO2 pistols are not powerful compared to a firearm. I use CO2 pistols for training up to a firearm. It's not something you should carry around, concealed or not. Though, I've heard joggers and runners carry a CO2 pistol for safety against stray dogs, which is fine. It's also good for having in the house in case of a burglary that will scare the person breaking in because of the sound.
<br>
<br>There's no muzzle flash, like De-Bunker said. It's just CO2 escaping, where else would it go? I owned a CPSport and CO2 escaped from the sides creating a 'smoke' reaction like a firearm, but that doesn't mean it's powerful. I enjoy shooting these guns as target practice or just plinking. Everyone should know these are not toys and can hurt or kill you, I won;t get into that though. Just have fun with it, and shoot safely.

Written on: 17/11/2003

First off, I am not looking for an argument, and am not trying to smash any particular person.
<br>
<br>I think most people would agree that I would be stating the obvious if I said that most of the heated comments about this particular Co2 Pistol sound like they are coming from kids.
<br>
<br>I think what people are failing to realize is that this pistol is a replica (rep·li·ca) that is intended for fun in-your-garage type shooting. He has a point in saying that it is not that powerful or accurate, but what he doesn't get is the fact that most people purchase these pistols for one reason, they look like the real thing. There has to be room for all types of Co2 guns, because if it were left up to him, there would only be co2 guns that shoot at 3000FPS and are accurate to the milimeter at 20 yards/meters. I do understand that everyone who is posting here is entitled to their opinion, and most of them have valid points, but Debunker has to step off of his podium and realize that most accurate and powerful Co2 pistols look like something off of Men in Black, and not everyone wants that.
<br>
<br>The thrill of shooting something that looks and feels like the real thing is what most people want, along with the fact that it is safe enough to be used in a garage with a proper backdrop.
<br>
<br>I am looking into purchasing a Colt Gold Cup Co2 pistol with a 30mm BSA red dot sight, and am hoping that this gun lives up to its reputation. I am not interested in dropping some $400 on a competetion air pistol, because theres something for everyone...

Written on: 10/10/2003

Hi Bertie, got a 586 myself, nice pistol. Yeah, 2 to 2.5 ft.lbs, so not a power house, but a pretty fine trigger for a co2.
<br>
<br>Yeah, a moderator for this section would be good. Like you say, the current mods can't know everything.

Bertie's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 01/10/2003

DeBunker...how right you are. It is painfully obvious that not only carbon monoxide exits his rear orifice but verbal ordure too..
<br>Being a relative newcomer to the Internet, I have no real idea of how sites like this one really work. I know any objectionable material can be refused a posting or removed after posting. Someone is editing or moderating but he/she cannot know everything.
<br>
<br>As I believe SAFETY is THE number one consideration in our sport/hobby/interest, I wish it were possible that the gun section - especially the air weapons, as the youngsters will inevitably be attracted - could have its own editor/moderator to weed out at source such postings as from 'thegunner', which do no sevice to anyone whatsoever and are potentially lethal to boot.
<br>
<br>Got a Smith&Wesson 586 6in. yesterday and have just used up a second capsule. Muzzle energy is between 2 and 2.5 foot pounds and I had 65 shots fom the first capsule and 68 from the second and I'm having great fun - which is what I bought it for.
<br>I'll have more to write about it in due course.
<br>See you around - Bertie.

Written on: 01/10/2003

Bertie, judging the writing ability of 'thegunner' I think he's probably young and dumb enough to actually think it's a good idea.
<br>
<br>And while he probably lacks the ability to attempt any modification, it doesn't mean that others reading this rot won't have the means at their disposal to try.
<br>
<br>So, even though he was talking rubbish, it still needs pointing out, as there are young impressionable kids on here. There's scant else!

Deserteaglexix's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 27/08/2003

In my oppinion, the terms "powerful" and "accurate" do apply to airguns although they are in NO WAY comparable to real firearms, I am from Holland but I moved to the states and I have all gun owning privaleges. I am 21, I own a Daisy 693 and a HFC P8 USP (Airsoft).
<br>
<br>I have no personal experience with the more expensive M1911, but it seems it's quite decent...I have to admit I fired at grackels before with my 693, and it only bounced off on them, which was good, because I needed to scare them, not kill them...
<br>
<br>Rats...hah...no...you need at LEAST a .22cal pellet to kill a rat...but as Debunker stated, it's inhumane.
<br>
<br>Self defense? maybe when you are at home alone...have nothing else but your airgun, a burgelar will be scared of an air pistol.
<br>but carrying it on the streets can be bad...although law in the states allow you to carry the gun as long as it's concealed and unloaded, you should not use it as self defense...buy a REAL fire arm if you need defense or a pocket knife for that matter...
<br>
<br>power is not everything with a air gun...I rather have accuracy...

Moley's Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 05/08/2003

Hey De-Bunker,
<br> Time to teach these yanks a leston on basic firearm theory, me thinks.
<br>
<br>1. CO2 pistols, such as the 1911s are NOT, repeat NOT powerful but...
<br>
<br>2. I personally think (and many others will agree) that they are better because they are available in semi-automatic, meaning less loading, more fun to operate - It's a personall thing - NOT A GOOD OR BAD POINT. Like: steak or pie, CO2 or pre-compressed. With me so far, kids?
<br>
<br>3. THEY'RE NOT TOYS. If you kids are talking about carrying them around for self-defence you shouldn't own one.
<br>
<br>4. Don't "contribrute" unless you KNOW what you're talking about. I've owned several CO2 pistols and a couple of REAL guns (before the dublane shooting) and I still haven't got my co2 pistols guru certificate. If I couldn't give a USEFULL verdict on a gun you kids wouldn't have a hope on hell.
<br>
<br>5. Being Mr. Bigman doesn't get you anywhere in life. It just lowers peoples opinion of you. So don't go around saying 'I got my CO2 gun up to 8lb.ft by playing with the springs' it makes you look stupid - not cool.

117838_De-Bunker.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 22/07/2003

SNK, nothing wrong with it being CO2, it's just we have to remember just what these things are, low powered air pistols, styled after real handguns. They aren't powerful, nor especially accurate. Muzzle flash, isn't a flash, it's just the CO2 escaping, as expected, not an indication of power.
<br>
<br>Gonzo, good CO2 pistols? As many answers as people! I've got an S&W 586, 6", which is about as accurate as these things get, and has a really nice trigger. There's the Anics SKIF A3000, which after it's worn in and you've got used to the trigger pull, is decent, but has a 28 round magazine capacity, and shoots at 4 ft.lbs, so a real good tin rattler!
<br>
<br>Go and pick a few up, feel is everything. Weight, grips, balance all need to be experienced. Heard good things about the PT-80, and some bad things, so wouldn't like to say.
<br>
<br>What features do you want? How many shots? Power? Adjustable sights. as standard? Walther CP88 is well respected, but you have to pay extra for adjustable sights. If you're only plinking though, at fairly short ranges, you might not need them.

117570_D-Man.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 21/07/2003

Would'nt it be nice if the people on this site could stick to the content at hand? These kind of arguements are the reason why people look at target shooters like killers in training. If there are kids under 21 on this site, we should set a better example. Grow up and think about what you are writing in your comments.

Gonzo.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 15/07/2003

Hey, De-Bunker (or anybody else that wants to comment), what is the best Co2 pistol that you can buy under $150? I've been looking at the Gamo PT-80 and several other pistols, but I am still undecided. What do ya'll think about the PT-80. There's been alot of good reviews on it, but I don't know how much credibility they have. Any comments would be appreciated.

114850_Snk.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 11/07/2003

Er... why is it being CO2 a bad point?!

104844_De-Bunker.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2003

Sgt USA, I could stab you in the arm with a pencil from close range and break the skin. That doesn't make a pencil 'powerful'. btw, it's about 2.5ft.lbs, not 3.

Muzzle 'flash'. the 'flash' merely escaping c02.

104625_Sgt Usa.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 05/06/2003

debunker but a shot at close range will peice the skin, even though it only 3ftlbs
<br>
<br>they are good weapons, with mine you even get a muzzle flash, when gas shoots out the barrel you see a white 'flash' of gas..

104127_De-Bunker.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 04/06/2003

Er, Genghis dude, I used to shoot real guns, but we lost that privilege five years ago after the Dunblane shootings. So we're left with long barreled pistols, which are ridiculous, black powder guns, which are a PITA, or c02. So guess which I shoot now?
<br>
<br>And to restate, it's considered really bad form to hunt with pistols, esp low powered c02 pistols. Real hunters won't condone it, it's just not humane.
<br>
<br>And I'd like to think that the kids spouting rubbish on this site are a lot younger than 21. Their spelling, grammar, and sheer lack of rational thought concern me. I wouldn't trust such a bunch of dumbasses with a water pistol, let alone a lower powered c02 pistol.
<br>
<br>But then, I guess that's why, when you get to 21, you folks kill the same percentage of people with firearms accidentally, as the UK has gun homicides.

103973_Sixmangenghiska.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 03/06/2003

De-Bunker, very funny, so you are like 60 something years old and still play airgun with kids. I think everyone here had study their physics already, and yes, this place is made popular by kids, what do you know? I bet many people here are under 21, after all people can get a real gun after 21, and airgun in my view is for people who want to play gun but not 21 yet. so if you don't like kids, tough, get a real gun. And, I am in US, not UK.

102890_De-Bunker.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 31/05/2003

Er Cade, Dude, it's not the same thing with me, it's the same power thing with the kids that buy these things, and spout off on here Everybody claims their pistol is 'powerful', but they don't understand much about guns, or airpistols even.
<br>
<br>In the UK, the legal limit for an airpistol is 6 ft.lbs. So a 'powerful' airpistol would therefore be close to this limit. C02 pistols, however, produce little over two feet pounds (and to the kid who reckons you an get a 1911 to produce 8 ft.lbs, your mates have been lying to you, there's no way. You'd need to increase the barrel length to about the same as that on a Crosman Ratcatcher, you've got about 900psi to work with, no more, fiddling with a couple of springs isn't going to change that, and as this gun is 0.177 calibre, you get less force applied to the pellet as the sectional area of a 0.177 pellet is less. Go read a physics text book kids.)
<br>
<br>Where were we? Ah yes, kids thinking 2ft.lbs+ out of a legal limit of 6ft.lbs is powerful. Well, it isn't, is it? It isn't even powerful compared to other pistols on the market. In C02, in multishot, we have the Anics Skif, Daisy 622x, and Crosman 2210, producing about 4ft.lbs (last two in .22, as C02 produces better results in 0.22 calibre, are you listening children?). In C02 Single shot, there's the Sheridan EB20, and Crosman 2240 getting to about 5 ft.lbs.
<br>
<br>Or there's the Brocock TAC range, pre-charged air TACS, producing about 5ft.lbs+.
<br>
<br>Or you have spring powered pistols, like the HW45, which are close to the limit. Of course, that makes the HW45 three times more powerful that the claimed 'powerful' CO2 Colt 1911, ....
<br>
<br>If you shot me with one of these pistols, well, you'd go to jail. As responsible shooters we shouldn't talk about such things. As for keeping one for self defense, well as I live in the UK, that would get me in jail, as recent changes to UK law mean if I brandish an airgun with the intent to scare, it gets dealt with as a firearms offence, and that means 5 years in jail perhaps. We have this thing about using 'minimum force' see, we can't just go popping caps at strangers.
<br>
<br>Oh, and pistols certainly aren't powerful enough for hunting, not even rats. Go buy something closer to the legal limit. All prey deserves a clean, humane despatch. 2ft.lbs+ is just not enough.
<br>
<br>This review centre is populated by kids who make wild claims and have very little shooting experience. It's obvious when you see the scores awarded to a pistol, 10, in this case, ... so it's the perfect pistol then? Or is Junior in love with his plinker? I think the latter.
<br>
<br>Just trying to bring some objectivity, if you don't like it, tough, that's life, liars will eventually get called.

102509_Cade.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 30/05/2003

De-bunker: seriously man I've been reading some reaviews and its always the same thing with you - always trying to state that these pistols are not powerful. Well, what do you mean by powerful? Let me give you my definition of power for co2 pistols: If I shoot you with it at around 5-10 meters and it pierces your skin and makes you squeel than its powerful enough. It all depends on what you want to do with it...if I wanted to kill I would go out and get a firearm...like a desert eagle for example.
<br>
<br>Of course we cant forget that these are just training weapons - if youi can shoot these guns you wont find a huge difference with a firearm. Nevertheless, they still make effective self defence weapons if you want to scratch but not kill.

102416_Sgt Gunman.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 29/05/2003

IF FIRE THE SLUGS OVER THE SPEED METER, IT READS
<br>LITTLE OVER 400FPS AND IT WORKS IT OUT 3.2FTLBS. THORY IS ONE THING BUT IN PRACTICE IS ANOTHER, SO
<br>CO2 GUNS GO AT 3.2FTIBS YOU IDOT. ALSO YOU CAN TAKE
<br>THE GUN APART MODIFY THE GUN TO SHOOT AT 8FTLBS, YES
<br>YOU CAN BY CUTTING THE 2 COILS OF THE SPRING IN BEHIND THE SEALS (THIS NAKES THE SEAL OPEN LONGER
<br>ALLOWRING MORE GAS TO FIRE )

102246_Sixmangenghiska.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 29/05/2003

Well, in my opinion it's a POWERFUL pistol, this gun can kill rat, yes kill.
<br>Note: this is a pistol, not a rifle, anyway I wouldn't want to get shot by one.

101508_De-Bunker.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2003

Oh dear, the power thing again. It shoots at 400fps, meaning it spits pellets out at about 2ft.lbs, meaning it's _not_ very powerful.
<br>
<br>It's not about power, when are you kids going to get that?

Coltclay.'s Response to GenghisKaStang.'s Review

Written on: 10/05/2003

I purchased a colt 1911A1 air pistol early this year and i find it is exceptionally powerful for an air pistol. I stood about 30 feet away from a piece of fiberglass blend fire resistant gypsum wallboard and fired away and was impressed that the pellets stuck all the way into the drywall and didnt bounce off. I would defineatly recommend this pistol to anyone looking for a powerful, nice looking air pistol.