Olympus C-960 Zoom Reviews

• Battery Life

Olympus C-960 Zoom - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Olympus C-960 Zoom

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“Had my Olympus C-960 Zoom camera over 5 years and...”

Written on: 12/02/2009

Had my Olympus C-960 Zoom camera over 5 years and still going strong. Easy to use, great pictures, lightweight, lots of easy funtions, protection keys to avoid deletion… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“I have used the Olympus C-960 Zoom for a few years and...”

Written on: 29/03/2005 by r llewellyn (2 reviews written)

I have used the Olympus C-960 Zoom for a few years and it has given consistantly good results I am in the throws of buying a higher spec camera but will still use this camera as a backup… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“I have used the Olympus C960 for two years. A...”

Written on: 30/04/2003 by KSH. (1 review written)

I have used the Olympus C960 for two years. A fantastic camera - it is easy to use and produces excellent quality pictures even on low resolution.
Some reviewers have commented on the heavy use of batteries. An obvious and very simple solution is to use rechargable Nimh units - I get about 80 low resolution photos per charge. This seems reasonable to me… Read Full Review

95625_Yala.'s Response to KSH.'s Review

Written on: 07/05/2003

could i borrow your driver , i do not have driver to conncet with PC, i got this camera 2 day ago, do not have line connection from Camera to PC, and do not have driver cd to run the programe.
<br>
<br>i try to down laod but no have, and does not work. Please help, or give me your advice, my email is : puributr@hotmail.com

95826_Ksh.'s Response to KSH.'s Review

Written on: 08/05/2003

Hi,
<br>
<br>If you do not have the lead that connects the Camera to a computer you can still get the images by using a SmartMedia reader with a USB connection (I use one made by Hama). These cost about £15 UK pounds - about $24 US dollars where I am).
<br>
<br>The Olympus CAMEDIA software can be downloaded from the olympus website (I looked at the UK site www.olympus.co.uk), but you might want to ask them to send you a CD - version 2.1 of the CAMEDIA Master package comes with the camera.
<br>
<br>I am not sure about the instruction book - I think Olympus might be able to help by sending you a copy.
<br>I hope this helps,
<br>Kevin

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“i use my c960 to photograph bands for cd promo covers...”

Written on: 07/08/2002 by brian squire. (1 review written)

i use my c960 to photograph bands for cd promo covers and with good imaging software a great many variations on the original image can be obtained. this camera is without doubt the most useful tool in my studio, certainly the most used! i have no hesitation in recommending this lovely peice of kit to any potential buyer… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“aThe Olympus C960 is a super digital camera for the...”

Written on: 06/02/2002 by emmason. (1 review written)

aThe Olympus C960 is a super digital camera for the price. On 'High Quality' (HQ) setting it is possible to print upto A5 size with hardly any sign that the picture is digital- at 1.3 meg pix it is truly remarkable… Read Full Review

13215_John.'s Response to emmason.'s Review

Written on: 19/02/2002

The Olympus C960 zoom is a great camera. I have lost my user manual can anyone help me out with a new one, please mail me at tigershark_9@excite.com.
<br><br>Cheers
<br><br>John

18371_Emmason.'s Response to emmason.'s Review

Written on: 08/04/2002

re my previous review, please substitute A3 for A5, I often print pics upto this size with very little evidence that they are digital

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“I was disappointed with this digital camera. It is...”

Written on: 23/11/2001 by Robert Taylor. (1 review written)

I was disappointed with this digital camera. It is capable of taking very good panoramic images but it is not as user frendly as other cheaper digital cameras I have used. Transfer rate is particularly slow… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“Having read all the reviews prior to buying this...”

Written on: 13/07/2001 by Brian. (1 review written)

Having read all the reviews prior to buying this camera, I can add nothing more to what has been said many times before
You were all correct, this is a wonderful camera from Olympus and great value for money. So if your thinking of going over to the digital scene ....Get on with it!!… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“I bought Olympus coz I figured I'd get quality optics...”

Written on: 12/07/2001 by Ade. (1 review written)

I bought Olympus coz I figured I'd get quality optics and good build standard and I was right. It's a lovely piece of kit but either buy a smartmedia reader for your PC or a truck-load of batteries. With usage this high they should really include a mains adapter in the price, if you buy from the high street haggle for one because they're not cheap. The Camedia software is easy to use and installation is a breeze.
Overall I'm impressed with the image and build quality and I would buy Olympus… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“When I got the camera, my first digital, I thought it...”

Written on: 04/07/2001 by Peter Thomas. (1 review written)

When I got the camera, my first digital, I thought it would take me forever to master the thing. What a revelation, I was photographing within 15 mins of reading the manual. My results were brilliant, I could delete shots I didn't like and retake them, the zooms are pretty great especially the digital mode, the only negative point I could find was the high use of batteries with the LCD display on.
All in all I found it very hard to take a bad shot with this camera, and I would recommend it to… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“My first digicam, and I like it. Takes excellent...”

Written on: 17/04/2001 by Bertrude. (1 review written)

My first digicam, and I like it. Takes excellent quality sharp photos and is easy to use. Panoramic shots very useful. I like the video out - you can do slide shows on your TV, but better still plug into a VCR for use as a very basic video camera for messing about with home movies. Fun!

Only downer is the slow serial link - I'm going to invest in a usb reader or such like… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“Great! buy it! I did! don't listen to my bad points! u...”

Written on: 15/04/2001 by dave. (1 review written)

Great! buy it! I did! don't listen to my bad points! u get used to them! lol! Its a cool cam which I recommend!… Read Full Review

Olympus C-960 Zoom

“This is an amazing little camera, which provides 1.3...”

Written on: 04/04/2001 by Southerner. (1 review written)

This is an amazing little camera, which provides 1.3 mega-pixels and several quality resolution formats which will allow over a hundred shots on a standard 8Mb SmartMedia card. The zoom lens is a nice element which provides upto 3X optical and 2X digital, for a total zoom of 6X, meaning less memory taken up for those distance shots. Camera is compact and very easy to use. Recommended add-ons for this camera would be a 32Mb Smartmedia card, a Flashpath Adapter for your 3.5" floppy drive, a… Read Full Review