Nissan Sentra 1.6A N16 Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Nissan Sentra 1.6A N16 - Ask a question now

“i just bought a 2nd hand sentra n16 about 2 weeks ago,...”

Written on: 30/03/2011

i just bought a 2nd hand sentra n16 about 2 weeks ago, it is a limited edition Nismo n16 manual sentra. i think it is affordable,all the parts i think is good enough,elegant looking,nice exterior,big boot lid compare to vios n city in almost same price range.i heard b4 ppl complain about sentra is too heavy n underpower. but i think sentra is a superbly good car in terms of performance n pick up is quite good n i can't feel underpower at all,maybe because my n16 is manual.the only thing i think… Read Full Review

“The engine seems ok and the body makes also bit solid...”

Written on: 14/05/2010

The engine seems ok and the body makes also bit solid than other latest japanese car but as mention the loud noise from front braking is reaaly annoying esspecilly in crawling jam. Second the stupid air cond design which has no cluster selecter and the back seat is not a recline type .OTHER model on its segment has this as standard. and the rear suspension is realy small makes the car looks like 'sampan if two adults fit in . The spare parts bit expensive in TCM rather get from potong or spare… Read Full Review

“Basically I was bought my car since 2006 March and...”

Written on: 17/08/2009

Basically I was bought my car since 2006 March and right now was 3 years plus. It's was almost 60KM ride. Until right now is still good condition. Performance Car is Ok but for noise canceling is so so only. The maintainance price I thinks is quite expensive. If compare to Malaysia Proton, of course Nissan Sentra is much more better. What I can said is totally cannot compare. Fuel consumption I thinks is still save compare to 1.6A other brand car. Body kit is extremely solid as this car 5 star… Read Full Review

“very nice look. big enough for long distance driving....”

Written on: 15/04/2009

very nice look. big enough for long distance driving. comfortable. but not fuel economy enough compare to toyota and honda. quality is like crap. i bought a 2nd n16 last month and i am really not satisfy with the quality of the car. the drawer is like crap. easily broken. the front brake got sound. the auto gear really not smooth. have to pull very hard to put in the gear… Read Full Review

“I'm happy we bought the car as it was worth for what...”

Written on: 13/11/2008

I'm happy we bought the car as it was worth for what we paid. Seems the fuel economy isn't that high. The ride comfort is good but not much as I expected it to be. Seems this is not designed for rugged use. But for day to day use. N16 is awesome as it's killing looks are loved by almost everybody… Read Full Review

“Stupid, dumb, dull and wimpy car. poor engine power,...”

Written on: 04/08/2008 by fzc888 (1 review written)

Stupid, dumb, dull and wimpy car. poor engine power, gears too tall, wimpy clutch, poor steering response, noisy front suspension,engine dampers too soft, too much body roll, poor handling, very poor slip differential, it does not accelerate even on down hill… Read Full Review

“Elegant looking, ok performance and smooth comfortable...”

Written on: 08/02/2008

Elegant looking, ok performance and smooth comfortable ride. The Nissan Sentra n16 is a great small car the major problem being the weak suspension, especially the big cradle bushins and the shocks… Read Full Review

“I had this car for more than a year and I am very...”

Written on: 01/07/2005 by Mazman (1 review written)

I had this car for more than a year and I am very pleased with it. Long distance travel in this car is very pleasant and the stiff body makes the drive very smooth. Fuel economy is very good considering the size of the car which is large.

The throttle play takes some time to learn since it is controlled electronically. Once mastered, the car's power can be accessed easily although putting in aftermarket cotton filters will greatly speed up the release of the engine power… Read Full Review

“Bought my Nissan Sentra in 2001 - brand new. A bit...”

Written on: 05/07/2004 by Quentin Louis (1 review written)

Bought my Nissan Sentra in 2001 - brand new. A bit over-priced at that time. Encountered noise from front left-side of car. Constantly sent to service centres in Ipoh and KL (based here at that time) but made no difference & was very frustrated having spent so much on the car & not having to enjoy its driving pleasure. Finally, wrote to Tan Chong on details and problem. Was referred to the service centre in Kuantan (currently based here). Kuantan centre made a huge difference and immediately… Read Full Review

“I am the owner of the latest version (new...”

Written on: 07/05/2004 by ciderblue (1 review written)

I am the owner of the latest version (new backlight)Nissan Sentra 1.6A N16. I received my car on 17th April 2004 from EDARAN TAN CHONG SDN BHD SECTION 16 BRANCH.
The salesman passed the car to me and said "This car has a problem, the front driveshaft bearing is making noise when you turn." Can you imagine what is my facial expression at that time? I am totally disappointed with NISSAN and not only TAN CHONG. How can they handover the new car with problem to their customer? I am actually sold… Read Full Review

“I'm having a brand new Nissan Sentra 1.6A (N-16). I...”

Written on: 04/09/2003 by Alex CO (1 review written)

I'm having a brand new Nissan Sentra 1.6A (N-16). I received my new car at mid of August 2003. However, it's fan belt was broken after 2 weeks (i.e. at end of August) while driving along the KESAS Highway, Malaysia and my car was towwed to the Tan Chong EAS workshop for repair.

I had heard that this Nissan Sentra N-16 model is having problems of jammed drum brake and also sensor malfunction problem causing the car to break down. Hope to hear some comments from other owners of the Nissan Sentra… Read Full Review

“The Nissan Sentra 1.6A ( N-16 ) is certainly best in...”

Written on: 11/08/2003 by Lawrence (6 reviews written)

The Nissan Sentra 1.6A ( N-16 ) is certainly best in its class. Selling quite well in most Asian countries. Most important, its affordable… Read Full Review

“I am the owner of 2 brand new Nissan Sentra 1.6A (...”

Written on: 30/03/2003 by Chia Wee. (1 review written)

I am the owner of 2 brand new Nissan Sentra 1.6A ( N-16 ) in Malaysia. I am facing a lot of problem for the both car until today. I understand that Nissan's car is not as bad as what I mentioned here for those car fitted in japan or anywhere else but not in Malaysia ( Tan Chong ). I took a ride in my uncle's sentra which is exactly same to mine in singapore ( imported from japan ). That's totally perfect and nothing I can complain and make me feel ashame for my own Sentra. My first Sentra I… Read Full Review

84855_Saddam Hussien.'s Response to Chia Wee.'s Review

Written on: 31/03/2003

you are too picky !!!!

179881_Lskho's Response to Chia Wee.'s Review

Written on: 17/12/2004

Any comments about the 1.6A XE 2001??? What are the current second hand prices?

Vinodh's Response to Chia Wee.'s Review

Written on: 13/09/2004

I received my new N16 Nissan Sentra 1.6 SG early November last year. It has been 10 months now and my car has clocked 22567 km. I never had any problems with my car. I am a frequent traveller on the North South Expressway (almost every week) and my car performs extremely well. The car is so smooth even at 140 Km/h. This car can never be compared to the Proton Wira as you can see that the Sentra's quality is far superior.
<br>
<br>You might have been quite unlucky when you got your car. My advice to you is please test your car thoroughly before signing your delivery order.

Kulas1994's Response to Chia Wee.'s Review

Written on: 07/07/2004

Firstly, the N16 (pulsar) was re-bagaged by Nissan motors for the Asian market as the Sentra from year 2000. Most Sentras have a "B" as the body designation such as the B12 (late 80's), B13 (91-94), and the b14 (95-99).
<br>
<br>Second, I think that Nissan motors Malaysia have big problems in terms of materials, assembly, and after market services. The N16 has been usually imported to many countries in a semi-knocked down condition and utilizes materials and labour from the respective importing country. Therefore, it is in my opinion that the problem with your Nissan vehicle lies in the local assembly and processing. so far, we have had minimal problems for the N16 here in Manila, Philippines.
<br>
<br>Check with the top people at Nissan motors Malaysia and present your complaints directly to them. Most of these people care about the public impressions that result from car sales. I’m sure they will help you out with the lemons.
<br>
<br>Lastly, I am an owner of a Nissan B13 with the GA16DE engine since 1994 and so far, the car has performed beyond expectations, very reliable, and easy to maintain.
<br>
<br>thanks and I hope this helps.

Notidragon's Response to Chia Wee.'s Review

Written on: 21/12/2003

How about a 1997 Sentra 1.6A?

Lawrence's Response to Chia Wee.'s Review

Written on: 11/08/2003

r u working for a competitor?
<br>y u still buy sentra if it is no good?

Ck.'s Response to Chia Wee.'s Review

Written on: 04/08/2003

If your first Sentra having problem, why you go to the second sentra... Cann't understand..