Edinburgh, James Court Apartments Reviews

Edinburgh, James Court Apartments - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Edinburgh, James Court Apartments

Edinburgh, James Court Apartments

☆☆☆☆☆

“We arrived at St James Apartments at 5.30 in the...”

Written on: 29/08/2004 by heathergod (1 review written)

We arrived at St James Apartments at 5.30 in the evening to find that the parking which we had been told was available was, in fact, a good 10 minutes walk away, costing £11 per day.
We were shown up to the very top apartment, called The Penthouse (what a joke!). It was situated up 97 spiral stone steps, although nowhere in the literature did it say that it was unsuitable for disabled people or children, or even anyone with a problem of climbing those steps WITH luggage!
The apartment had a… Read Full Review

“St James Court Apartments was basically a flat in a...”

Written on: 29/02/2004 by Haider (1 review written)

St James Court Apartments was basically a flat in a great location, 10 minutes walk from the main shopping street, (a real big hill between you and the main street, so maybe not for the old, disabled etc).

Was reasonably clean, (not to a good hotel standard, but pretty good). Breakfast supplies, e.g. cereal, milk, orange juice was provided. Fruit bowel and a selection of hot drink provided.

The room was decorated to a good standard, a little small, but we did have a lounge/kitchen and a… Read Full Review

“I have stayed in several places in Edinburgh but none...”

Written on: 30/09/2003 by lickleminky (1 review written)

I have stayed in several places in Edinburgh but none as nice as this, sure you have top hotels and good guest houses, but the convenience of the self catering aspect was brilliant. Excellent accommodation, no expense spared on its fixtures and fittings. I went with some girl friends and we had a damn good weekend. The place was clean and tidy and we had bread, milk, cereal and orange juice there waiting for us as well as fresh fruit, how thoughtful. Beautiful historic surroundings and a… Read Full Review

“We stayed at the Apartments for 10 nights, with our 13...”

Written on: 22/09/2003 by E Moffat (1 review written)

We stayed at the Apartments for 10 nights, with our 13 week old baby. We stayed in two of the apartments as we were late booking. Both apartments were clean and had all amenities needed (plus extras like the DVD player, microwave, washing machine and breakfast foods and fruit provided). The apartments were also serviced regularly throughout our stay.

The apartments were spacious and comfortable, especially apartment number 1 which had a huge living room. It was lovely to stay in an old… Read Full Review

“St James Court is a complex of many appartments so...”

Written on: 04/09/2003 by chrisskidmore (1 review written)

St James Court is a complex of many appartments so judging it as a whole is wrong. Individual people own the various apartments and I feel sorry for the people that ended up with bad owners. My own experience was that the apartment was exactly as descibed. It was nicely furnished, comfortable, swimming pool ets etc. If I have a complaint then it is that the coffee that was there wasn't nescafe origonal, other than that we had a great base to see edinburgh. I would recommend the appartment to… Read Full Review

“I liked it.....the St James' Court Apartments has...”

Written on: 29/08/2003 by CJ (2 reviews written)

I liked it.....the St James' Court Apartments has character, is central, is clean, what more does anyone need in a self catering apartment. (although I think the word 'luxery' is stretching it a bit far… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“About a month later after spending my honeymoon in St...”

Written on: 26/03/2003 by whizzles. (1 review written)

About a month later after spending my honeymoon in St James Court apartments I thought I'd vent my thoughts and feelings on this accommodation before I proceeded to take further action to ensure that tourists consider looking somewhere else.

I booked the accommodation from an online agent with a special discount package if we booked for 4 days. Normally the rooms can range from 100 pounds to 250 pounds a night. I was under the impression that I was booking somewhere really luxurious because… Read Full Review

112886_Roy.'s Response to whizzles.'s Review

Written on: 03/07/2003

Having recently taken a short break in Scotland I fully sympathise with these comments. I myself came across rude individuals. A country and a culture which was once so proud, alas due to the apathy of so many of our dour kin, many of our visitors must be put off visiting these shores ever again. If you are in a service industry then you must look after the customer, as the old saying goes , THEY ARE PAYING YOUR WAGES, Don't You Forget It

Chrisskidmore's Response to whizzles.'s Review

Written on: 04/09/2003

St James is a complex of apartments owned by different people. I hope one bad apple......

Cj's Response to whizzles.'s Review

Written on: 29/08/2003

Family and I just got back from Edinburgh having spent 4 nights at St James Court Apartments.....ok, their idea of luxery isnt mine, but as I havent stayed anywhere else in the city this may well be a palace. Anyway, it wasnt that bad. Its an old historical building, we had hot water whenever we needed it, there was fresh bread, milk & fruit when we arrived, and thats more than I expected... after all it was SELF catering (emphasis on SELF!). It was right in the heart of the city and perfectly placed for just about anywhere..... I have to say, for a 400+ yr old building its was a darn sight better than some flea pits I've stayed in. The pub below was maybe a bit noisy and the building featured in one of the 'ghostly tours'so occationally there was a bit of a commotion outside our window... but this was Edinburgh, and this was part of its culture & history... it was fun. I'd recommend it and Id go back there. Totally disagree with the first two sets of comments above. CJ

Marc Myburgh.'s Response to whizzles.'s Review

Written on: 16/07/2003

I have stayed at James Court many times and think that this review is wrong and totally unfair to the management team who have always treated me very well and often go that extra mile. I love the location and size of the apartments and appreciate the friendliness of the staff.