Nikon Coolpix 880 Reviews

Features:
  • 3.3-megapixel CCD
  • Nikkor lens with 2.5x optical zoom
  • Uses 2CR5 lithium batteries or optional rechargeable lithium-ion battery
  • CompactFlash storage (8 MB card included)
  • USB and serial connectivity
    Platforms:
    Windows, PowerMac, Mac OS 9 and below, Mac OS X, Macintosh, Windows 2000 Server
  • Refine your search

Nikon Coolpix 880

“I love my Nikon Coolpix 800 digital camera. I have...”

Written on: 02/06/2002 by Bob the fish. (1 review written)

I love my Nikon Coolpix 800 digital camera. I have owned it for 18 months now and I have taken around 5100 photographs. Work out the cost of film for that! The quality is excellent both picture and build. I have dropped it a couple of times and it still keeps going. If you can afford one, buy one… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 880

“I've had my 880 for about a year, and on the whole it...”

Written on: 30/07/2001 by Jim Pratley. (1 review written)

I've had my 880 for about a year, and on the whole it has performed superbly. I bought it for 'serious' photography, rather than taking snaps, and haven't been disappointed.

With the addition of a 2x tele converter, nice, close cropped portrait shots can be achieved.

As one of the other reviewers mentioned, a tripod is definitely required, especially if you tend not to use the flash.

I've ordered the 0.66 wide angle lens, and can't wait to get some shots.

My only real gripe would be the… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 880

“I've been an occasionally-keen amateur photographer...”

Written on: 30/06/2001 by Paul Kingston. (1 review written)

I've been an occasionally-keen amateur photographer for 40+ years (SLRs), and am also a heavy PC user. I'd started scanning my pictures (mainly slides) and manipulating them on screen. Hence this rather expensive impulse purchase, a couple of months back.

I'm very pleased. This is a device which seems to have been thought out by photographers; there's a feeling as you explore the functionality that they're ahead of you, and they've decided as you would wish.

Two particular areas of good… Read Full Review

Usha45's Response to 2695_Paul Kingston.'s Review

Written on: 09/12/2003

you can use the lithium 2CR5 disposible battery if your stuck pick them up in anywhere that sells film and camera batteries

Nikon Coolpix 880

“I'm a complete beginner to digital photography and...”

Written on: 08/05/2001 by Carl Woodward. (1 review written)

I'm a complete beginner to digital photography and only having picked up a 35mm compact at most a dozen times, I know very little about the subject.
    I chose this camera partly on the advice of my local store and because of a willingness to learn more about photography. the camera is so simple to use in auto mode but also fun (if like me and you know very little) to play around with the manual settings and observe the effects it has on your photos, after all there is no film to waste!
    I have… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 880

“My second 880 seems OK - the first one only lasted a...”

Written on: 05/05/2001 by Bob Loomes. (1 review written)

My second 880 seems OK - the first one only lasted a month before it conked out but after that false start, I have obtained stunning results with close ups of electronic circuits and other indoor work. Don't assume that flash will completely eliminate camera shake - you still need to be careful at 1/60th sync speed. Use a tripod if possible for interiors, rather than flash - then you avoid mixed lighting (e.g. flash and fluorescent) which will give different colour balance between foreground… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 880

“This camera does not have a shutter priority mode...”

Written on: 04/04/2001 by Marcus Sweet. (1 review written)

This camera does not have a shutter priority mode which is no real loss as it is not a popular feature. There is always manual mode anyway so this is not a restriction. The camera has a feature to select the best shot from a sequence of shots which is great for the trigger happy like me because there is no wasted film.

- Quality results from a very rewarding camera… Read Full Review