Pentax EI 2000 Reviews

• Image Quality

Pentax EI 2000 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Pentax EI 2000

Pentax EI 2000

“This camera is fantastic value!! Also sold by Hewlett...”

Written on: 16/08/2002 by Raaid. (1 review written)

This camera is fantastic value!! Also sold by Hewlett Packard as a Photosmart HP912, the only difference is the name on the front of the camera body. The lens is a Pentax, so the quality is there, whilst the electonics is courtesy of HP - with software links to their Photosmart printers.
This is my third digital camera and by far my best. I'm old fashioned perhaps, liking the feel of an SLR and the many features of a 35mm camera. This camera gives me that and more. I'm really impressed by the… Read Full Review

Pentax EI 2000

“Good digital SLR with a fine retro look”

Written on: 10/08/2002 by João Gonsalves. (1 review written)

Good digital SLR with a fine retro look… Read Full Review

Pentax EI 2000

“The Pentax EI2000 promises much but........”

Written on: 03/01/2002 by zafonica. (1 review written)

The Pentax EI2000 promises much but… Read Full Review

Pentax EI 2000

“A well made digital camera with a comprehensive set of...”

Written on: 24/11/2001 by steve. (1 review written)

A well made digital camera with a comprehensive set of user control. Superb for close-up/macro work. Originally sold for a lot of dosh but now available for less than a plastic point and shoot. My advice, buy one before they all go… Read Full Review

Pentax EI 2000

“Can be bought for £279 from empiredirect.co.uk, have...”

Written on: 18/11/2001 by sean. (1 review written)

Can be bought for £279 from empiredirect.co.uk, have bought from before, brilliant service… Read Full Review

Pentax EI 2000

“Has proved to be a reasonable match for experienced...”

Written on: 18/09/2001 by Dennis. (1 review written)

Has proved to be a reasonable match for experienced Canon EOS300 user.
Price last year was £500 plus. Can now be bought for just over £200 which is a lot of camera and functionality for little money.
Doesn't quite match up to current 3.3Mp cameras but for the price is better value.
Adapted a Nikon slide copier to fit Pentax lens and with macro down to 2cm is absolutely easy to copy slides extremely quickly and with good resolution.
Output using both HP Deskjet and Epson Stylus printers fools… Read Full Review

Ruli.'s Response to 4203_Dennis.'s Review

Written on: 20/10/2001

I'm really intrigued as to how you can say this camera can now (Oct 2001) be had for a little over £200... I'm thinking of buying this camera, but the cheapest I can find now is £365. If I could have it for around £200 I'd definitely be buying it! Please email me at ruli_manurung@yahoo.co.uk if you know where I can get one at this price. Cheers, Ruli

24899_Sandman.'s Response to 4203_Dennis.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2002

I purchased this camera for my family, but like it so much that I shall keep it. As the reviewer comments, it handles just like a true SLR. The results overall are excellent, and I prefer it to my other digital camera which has a higher resolution.If the camera had a greater megapixel rating, I think it would have been a truly exceptional camera.

5352_Dennis.'s Response to 4203_Dennis.'s Review

Written on: 30/10/2001

Okay guys,
<br>
<br>I hold up my hand on this one. I was spoofed by the PC mag adverts by technomatic.co.uk. They have a picture of the HP C912 (which is the Pentax EI2000) with a price against the picture of £258.99. This is actually the price of the HP C315 (which is the Pentax EI200) which is shown further up in the same ad. I guess I fell for their advertising gimmick and next time I'll make sure I have my reading glasses on. I have checked their website and the HP C912 is going for £375. Still not bad for a camera that started out at £699.99!!
<br>
<br>I'll see if I can download a photo from the camera for this website. Have to get the other half's okay first though.
<br>Regards Dennis

5229_Tim.'s Response to 4203_Dennis.'s Review

Written on: 26/10/2001

I agree with most of the comments yes the images can be a bit soft, I rate them 8/10. Overall 9/10. Like Ruli best I could find was £343 & I'm pleased with it.

Pentax EI 2000

“It's a bit expensive for this resolution but I paid it...”

Written on: 04/04/2001 by Tony Collins. (1 review written)

It's a bit expensive for this resolution but I paid it because I wanted an SLR for close-up work.
The viewfinder can be tilted upwards.

The real measure of a camera is in the results and this camera does not disappoint… Read Full Review

Pentax EI 2000

“This camera produces excellent results. Good...”

Written on: 19/03/2001 by Robert Conner. (1 review written)

This camera produces excellent results. Good resolution and excellent colour rendition.
If you have faith in Pentax SLR's like I do then this is the obvious choice. Interchangeable lenses would be nice but the included lens is OK for most situations… Read Full Review