Watership Down Reviews

Summary

Starring: John Hurt (Hazel) and Richard Briers (Fiver).
Based on the novel by Richard Adams.
Watership Down - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Watership Down

Watership Down

“sad but down to earth !”

Written on: 11/03/2013 by sweetbabe.9 (1 review written)

I have watched this film once seeing as its old the animation is not as good as it is now but good for the old films this is a all time classic you haven't lived if you have not watched this its a family classic it has sad scenes and shows how family's work together and there love for one another it shows what is happening to wildlife and animals in this day and age by building more houses and office we are ruining there habitat and home how would you feel if your family and house was taken… Read Full Review

Watership Down

“Watership Down is one of my favourite films of all...”

Written on: 10/09/2009 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

Watership Down is one of my favourite films of all time. I first watched it when I was poorly as a child and had a bunch of videos to keep me amused and when I was a kid I loved rabbits (OK I admit I STILL love rabbits). I loved the beatiful animation and thought provoking story that possibly for me was my first introduction to serious topics like death.

With a wonderful music score and great vocal perfomances I am still glued to the television anytime it's on (plus I now have it on DVD). I… Read Full Review

Watership Down

“Best Film Ever! This is one of the best films I ever...”

Written on: 25/03/2008

Best Film Ever! This is one of the best films I ever saw! I grew up on this. Loved Fiver, Pipkin and Bigwig and all the rest plus it made me who I am now witch is someone who cares for animals. Such a shame that not a lot of people know about it… Read Full Review

Watership Down

“Watership Down - Young Fiver... called so as he was...”

Written on: 20/08/2004 by Yoshito (1 review written)

Watership Down - Young Fiver... called so as he was the fifth in a litter of rabbits with only his loyal brother Hazel to support him; was led by his visions to a far away land where he could escape the disaster that would befall his current warren.

Try as they could to get the rabbits to leave, only a few would listen; including the brave and amazingly strong Bigwig who was an ex-owsla member; Blackberry, an extremely intelligent rabbit who helped them on various occasions using his smarts… Read Full Review

Watership Down

“You may think that Watership Down, animated classic as...”

Written on: 20/12/2003 by Cicely Judge (1 review written)

You may think that Watership Down, animated classic as it is, is too violent a film for impressionable children, after all it does contain scenes of severe brutality and even bloodshed. However, it seems that you are never too young to learn one of life's most ancient facts; the fact that there will always be a battle, in one form or another, between good and evil.

It is this very battle which is central to the film's plot. Based on Richard Adam's acclaimed novel, a group of rabbits have no… Read Full Review