Pentax Optio S Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

3.34 Megapixel
3x Optical Zoom

Resolution 3.2
Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Rechargeable

Features:
  • Tiny digital camera, small enough to fit into mints tin
  • 3.2 megapixel sensor captures enough detail to create photo-quality 8 x 10 prints and medium-quality prints up to 11 x 14
  • 3x optical plus 2x digital (6x total) zoom lens with autofocus
  • Store images on 11 MB internal memory; compatible with Secure Digital/MMC cards
  • Connects with Macs and PCs via USB port; rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery included
  • Refine your search

Pentax Optio S

“When purchased the Pentax Optio S, it was not the...”

Written on: 06/07/2007 by nicholas65 (5 reviews written)

When purchased the Pentax Optio S, it was not the cheapest camera around, but results are good for normal sized prints and the camera has proved very reliable. Battery life is good. Overall a good buy and worth the money… Read Full Review

Pentax Optio S

“I purchased my Pentax Optio S a few years ago, and it...”

Written on: 08/10/2005 by Janjui (5 reviews written)

I purchased my Pentax Optio S a few years ago, and it has served me well. The battery lasts a very long time and is rechargeable. This camera is so tiny, I believe it was the smallest 3.2 MP camera at the time that it first came out.
    I love this camera so much, but I plan to sell it and buy a camera with a higher Mega-pixel. I plan to get the Optio S5Z, which is basically the same camera, just that it has 5MP instead of 3.2MP.
    This camera is also nice and sturdy. It's all aluminum body… Read Full Review

Pentax Optio S

“At a time when there are a plethora of 5M pixel...”

Written on: 15/06/2005 by kblanking (3 reviews written)

At a time when there are a plethora of 5M pixel cameras for under £250, buying a 3.2M pixel camera might seem like a daft proposition. If like me you are old-fashioned enough to set yourself a budget and stick to it and have no need to enter photo-competitions or impress anybody, then the Pentax Optio S might be the camera for you.

The Pentax Optio S is a 3.2M pixel digital camera which originally sold for over £300 ib 2003, but now can be purchased (refurbished model) for under £100. It has a… Read Full Review

Pentax Optio S

“I've been using the Pentax Optio S for nearly 6...”

Written on: 20/09/2004 by rung (1 review written)

I've been using the Pentax Optio S for nearly 6 months. I love it, easy to use and handle. There are many modes that are appropriate for various uses. I've got the nicer picture if I compare it with othr camera's… Read Full Review

Pentax Optio S

“I just bought this Pentax Optio S camera a week ago...”

Written on: 19/04/2003 by haggis. (1 review written)

I just bought this Pentax Optio S camera a week ago and I'm in love with it. It's James Bond good looks; it minute size.......what more do you need. Its truely pocket size. I looked at the Olympus MJU300 but in comparison this is by far the better of the two… Read Full Review

Pentax Optio S

“I really enjoy this camera! It has a lot of features...”

Written on: 16/04/2003 by tks. (1 review written)

I really enjoy this camera! It has a lot of features and it's so small I carry it with me all the time and hardly notice I have it. The macro mode is outstanding and I find it very easy (and quick) to navigate through the settings. The toggle button is kind of small but not too bad after a little practice. I highly recommend this camera!… Read Full Review