Minolta Dimage S414 Reviews

Resolution 4
Optical Zoom 4
Battery Type Alkaline or Rechargeable

Features:
  • 4.0 megapixel sensor captures enough detail to create photo-quality prints up to 11 x 14 and medium-quality poster-size prints
  • 4x optical plus 2.2x digital (8.8x total) zoom lens with autofocus
  • Capture interval time of 0.8 seconds and continuous advance speed of 1.3 frames per second
  • Included 16 MB CompactFlash memory card holds 11 images at 2272 x 1704 HQ setting
  • Powered by 4 AA batteries (alkalines included); connects with Macs and PCs via USB port
  • Refine your search

Minolta Dimage S414

“Overall I consider this unit a good buy for the price,...”

Written on: 29/06/2005 by Jojo Santos (1 review written)

Overall I consider this unit a good buy for the price, considering all the function is similar to Canon XT Rebel which I bought couple of days ago, and my plan is to give the S414 to my brother but after getting familiar with the Canon I feel my old S414 is not too far compared with the Canon. Like I said just take a lot of time getting to know the S414 to get a good result… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage S414

“Tested my DiMAGE S414 couple of days ago and found the...”

Written on: 02/11/2004 by Subroto Sen (1 review written)

Tested my DiMAGE S414 couple of days ago and found the results quite impressive. The camera is feature packed with a lot of manual controls which gives some kind of comfort to seasoned SLR users like us. The GT Lense of S414 is really impressive and I must admit that I certainly don't miss my old Nikkor lenses. The GT optics of Minolta DiMAGE S414 is delivering crisper images.
    At low light, auto focussing worked fine most of the times despite not having an AF Assist Lamp.
    The minor glitch on… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage S414

“I love my S414. It takes amazing photos, has a fast...”

Written on: 27/10/2004 by JK6 (1 review written)

I love my S414. It takes amazing photos, has a fast shutter speed, battery life is no problem (about 2 weeks with heavy usage)- I suggest the people who are having problems are not using batteries specifically designed for digital cameras… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage S414

“My cousin and I each bought one. We had to send both...”

Written on: 03/08/2004 by Jo Or (1 review written)

My cousin and I each bought one. We had to send both in to repair a battery leak. Still can't take more than 15 shots before replacing batteries. Plus shipping costs ate up our savings… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
    Minolta Dimage S414

“The display on my Minolta Dimage S414 Digital camera...”

Written on: 20/04/2004 by earlsdonhammer (1 review written)

The display on my Minolta Dimage S414 Digital camera which indicates the battery level was locked to low/flat. I changed batteries and used different types but to no avail. I Returned the camera to Pixmania who have sent it to Minolta France. FIVE months after placing original order i still do not have a working camera so can't comment on its strenghts!!… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage S414

“I keep saying, "If only I knew as much about digital...”

Written on: 04/04/2004 by thundermtnrd (1 review written)

I keep saying, "If only I knew as much about digital cameras when I bought this camera as I did about 35mm cameras when I purchased my Minolta XG-7."

I originally purchased the Minolta Dimage S414 because of its 4M pixels. Although it takes good sharp pictures, I have since learned it has too few apertures (only f/3.0 and f/3.6)and ISO equivalents (only 64, 100, 200, and 400).

I am a member of a volunteer fire department in Wisconsin. I was taking picutes at one of our practices in April of… Read Full Review

Minolta Dimage S414

“This is a great camera at a good price. It produces...”

Written on: 22/05/2003 by GBY. (1 review written)

This is a great camera at a good price. It produces very sharp and colorful photos and reacts very fast. Shot to Shot time is under a second and in most cases in is not noticable since by the time you focus and shot the camera is long ready.
    The menus are very intuitive and easy to use.
    The playback mode is good and it aslo has a quick view option that lets you delete the photo before it is saved.
    The focus sometimes misses but in general it is working very good.
    Indoor low light photos are a… Read Full Review