Canon EOS 10D Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

6.3 Megapixel
Slr/professional

Battery Type Alkaline

Features:
  • 6.3-megapixel CMOS image sensor for images up to 3072 x 2048 pixels
  • Magnesium body; can save images simultaneously in both RAW and JPEG formats
  • 3 frames per second (fps) burst rate up to 9; Adobe RGB color space; 7-area AF sensor
  • Compatible with CompactFlash Type I and II cards; no card included
  • Powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery (BP-511); connects to PCs and Macs via USB 1.1
  • Refine your search

“Awesome !!”

Written on: 25/04/2013 by SNOOPDAWGYDOG (1 review written)

Great, even though I spent money trying to buy the right camera for this lens I have, it's a EF-S series!!… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“Beautiful picture, well built”

Written on: 15/02/2012 by photoman (62 reviews written)

Canon EOS 10D is about 9 years old digital camera today. From that time in DSLR market many things changed, starting with much more mega pixels, features, high sensitivity and etc. However I can assure that this camera can satisfy today many if not all photography needs for an advanced amateur. 6 mega pixels might sound not impressive comparing with modern cameras which are in the continuous race for more and more features that look impressive in the spec sheet. In fact, detail level that… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“At the time it came out into the market place it was a...”

Written on: 22/09/2007 by fatowl (25 reviews written)

At the time it came out into the market place it was a well designed camera, with all the bells and whistles, and ease of use. It was and still is suitable for the amateur to the professional. I have had mine now for over 3 years, and it has never failed to impress me with the photographs it produces. Obviously things have moved on, and there are better Canon cameras out in the shops now… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“If you use the outstanding Canon L series lenses, this...”

Written on: 02/08/2007 by fatowl (25 reviews written)

If you use the outstanding Canon L series lenses, this will give optimum performance and excellent photographs.
    For those of us who feel that the L series lenses are a little on the pricey side, then there are quite a few third party lens suppliers out there… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“I have this camera for the last four years, and it has...”

Written on: 09/03/2007 by deangoldberg (1 review written)

I have this camera for the last four years, and it has not given me any technical problems. Using it as a point-to-shoot camera in its "Programmed" or "Auto" mode, it takes nice landscape pictures as well as simple indoor portraits. Using in its professional mode, Manual, Aperture-Priority etc, the quality of its colour stands out in the required environment.

The camera has traveled with me to different countries, and I admit that it has dropped more than a few of its share to the ground… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“Overall, the Canon EOS 10D is an excellent digital SLR...”

Written on: 16/01/2006 by Nilo Quinio (2 reviews written)

Overall, the Canon EOS 10D is an excellent digital SLR camera for it's class. I've been using it for over two years now, and I have never had any problem with it technically. The image quality is as good as the type and kind of lens that you use… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“Just upgraded from the 300d to the Canon EOS 10D.. Its...”

Written on: 23/06/2004 by top shotta (1 review written)

Just upgraded from the 300d to the Canon EOS 10D.. Its like ferrari & sauber using the same engines but producing different end results!!! The 10D is a truly excaptional digital camera..paired with the 28 - 135mm IS lens. You could earn some serious money with this kit!!!… Read Full Review

Tushingham2's Response to top shotta's Review

Written on: 13/06/2005

I dont know what i am doing wrong if I shoot in (P) and no + or - any stops and it come out every time 3 or 4 stops over exposed

Canon EOS 10D

“I'd previously used and owned Canon EOS film SLRs and...”

Written on: 15/06/2004 by SpeedDemon (10 reviews written)

I'd previously used and owned Canon EOS film SLRs and had been planning to go digital for some time but couldn't justify the prices of a digital SLR body. I had been toying with the 300D and the Canon EOS 10D and eventually went for the 10D Digital Camera - boy am I glad I did! Where the 300D feels plasticky and well 'cheap' the 10D is solid, sturdy and reeks build quality - this is a bit of kit you would feel sure would take the pounding that trekking through the wilderness for that… Read Full Review

Anarchy's Response to SpeedDemon's Review

Written on: 22/12/2004

Just traded my 300D for a 20D, was nearly double the price, was thinking to buy a backup 300D.
    <br>
    <br>I'm very impressed with the 20D. Why did you go for the 10D instead of the 300D?, and do you think the difference in money is worth it.

Speeddemon's Response to SpeedDemon's Review

Written on: 17/01/2005

Simple answers are: Build Quality, Materials used (can't stand the plasticky feel of the 300D), Frames per Sec, Prefered the user controls (dials over buttons).
    <br>
    <br>Was it worth the extra money? Good question. I certainly am very happy with the 10D whereas I feel I would be finding fault and regretting my decision if I'd bought the 300D; I also got a REALLY good deal when I bought my 10D - which never hurts. So was it worth the extra £150 I paid over the RRP for the 300D? For me - absolutely!

Canon EOS 10D

“I like the Canon EOS 10D, but I also have a G5, and I...”

Written on: 29/03/2004 by products1 (1 review written)

I like the Canon EOS 10D, but I also have a G5, and I have been for the past two weeks shooting the same subjects with both digital cameras, and in most cases the G5 pictures have more detail and more in focus than the 10D. I am using the Canon 24 - 85 lens. In addition the G5 has a 2.0 lens as opposed to the 3.5 lens on the 10D, and allows faster shutter speeds if you are shooting in existing light conditons. The smaller CCD sensor of the G5 yields greater DOF. For me the bottom line is I… Read Full Review

Tushingham2's Response to products1's Review

Written on: 13/06/2005

My photos with my 10D are good if I shoot manual
    <br>take shot see how it is and take a second one with adjustment one way or the other but
    <br>I dont know what I am doing wrong if I shoot in (P)mode and no + or - any stops and it come out every time 3 or 4 stops over exposed Also when shooting in Raw and uploading to Adope CS they always come in with a temp. of 44.000 and look better at arround 52 000

Canon EOS 10D

“After playing with the wifes Canon S20 I decided to go...”

Written on: 23/03/2004 by Seafleet (1 review written)

After playing with the wifes Canon S20 I decided to go digital and took a long time making up my mind as my cameras last me a long time[My film slr is 20+ years old and still takes a mean picture].
    I researched at great length and can only say I am delighted with the Canon EOS 10D product. Its great to be able to snap away for hours[yes battery life is phenominal] and not have to worry about the cost for instance I saved myself over $150 in processing costs this weekend alone.
    Couldnt… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“I have owned Canon EOS cameras since 1990 starting...”

Written on: 07/01/2004 by MarkAllison (1 review written)

I have owned Canon EOS cameras since 1990 starting with an EOS 600, then moving to an EOS 100. I bought the Canon EOS 10D in August 2003 and I am absolutely stunned by the qality.

I was one of those people that was very happy using normal film on my old EOS 100. I didn't think that digital cameras could match the quality of a good film like Fuji Reala, or Fuji Velvia.

How wrong I was. The EOS 10D has shown to me beyond any doubt that a good digital camera is as good as, and in some cases… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“I bought this Canon EOS 10D digital camera in August...”

Written on: 12/12/2003 by DEvianT (6 reviews written)

I bought this Canon EOS 10D digital camera in August '03 in order to be able to learn photography in earnest without the expense of shooting hundreds of rolls of film and also with the benefit of being able to instantly review my efforts

I have to say it is a flawless piece of kit. You can control every aspect of camera function. The camera is fast and responsive with great balance and handling. Adding the BG-ED3 vertical grip only enhances the feel of the camera.

The camera shoots at ISO's… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“The Canon EOS 10D is a fantastic camera, giving...”

Written on: 09/09/2003 by georgehopkins (1 review written)

The Canon EOS 10D is a fantastic camera, giving excellent results time and time again. Attach some decent lenses and with a good printer you will get superb prints (better than the photo shops)
    What I really like about this camera is the menu format, the interface is so user friendly it encourages you to experiment with the many options available to you to get that "different" photograph. A lot of money but what you get is a superb buy......well done Canon… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 10D

“After a great experience with my G2, I wanted an SLR...”

Written on: 28/06/2003 by John. (1 review written)

After a great experience with my G2, I wanted an SLR to use with my L lenses. The 10D is a great system - picture quality is amazing, easy to use, seems to be easy on the battery. My only problem now is what do I do with my nearly new Elan 7 (which the 10D mimics in many ways)… Read Full Review

114120_Gene.'s Response to 111445_John.'s Review

Written on: 08/07/2003

This review sounds great. Today is July 8, 2003 and I just ordered one for myself. After being a regular 35mm user, I purchased my first digital camera about 6 months ago; Canon powershot S45, together with the Canon photo printer, model S830D. The only thing that I missed was the ability to use lenses. The review makes me even more excited than I was before. I expect delivery on Thursday, together with 2 lenses, 4 filters, the flash model 550EX, a 1GB cf card, a new Lowepro bag and some other goodies. Wow, I just spent USD 4,000.00, But it seems to me to be a good investment.

Duane.'s Response to 111445_John.'s Review

Written on: 10/07/2003

Having been a keen 35mm user for a number of years,I decided to upgrade to digital photography and duly purchased a Canon Eos 10D as I already had a few E.F leses ,a spare battery
    <br>and a couple of 256 mb flash cards .I find the Eos 10D easy to use,with outstanding quality the software supplied is very good and I can edit the pictures easily on my P.C.I now look forward to be out and about taking lot of good pictures outstanding,well done Canon. Regards Anthony

Canon EOS 10D

“This camera is amazing. I already owned a EOS 5 and...”

Written on: 24/05/2003 by Andy. (1 review written)

This camera is amazing. I already owned a EOS 5 and EOS 3 and always said I would never go digital.

The 10D along with my S820 Printer have given me the most amazing results.

If you can afford to go digital this should be a serious consideration!… Read Full Review