Infinity Alpha 50 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Summary

Features:
  • video-shielded
  • bass-reflex
  • frequency response 35-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
  • 8-ohm impedance
  • sensitivity 91 dB
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Infinity Alpha 50 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Infinity Alpha 50

Infinity Alpha 50

“I have had these Alpha 50 speakers for about 10 years,...”

Written on: 14/05/2011

I have had these Alpha 50 speakers for about 10 years, and I still brag about 'em. They are very bright. Crystal clear is almost not enough to describe. As said on other reviews, bottom end is not for "bass bombers", tonecontrols at level, but I live in old wooden house, and found out that bass level rises just to perfect level, if almost no space is left between speaker and wall. Perhaps they are designed so, that decorating a room won't need compromises, because speakers cannot be placed… Read Full Review

Infinity Alpha 50

“i've had 4 of these on my HT for about 3+years now and...”

Written on: 12/02/2009 by CCeastside (1 review written)

i've had 4 of these on my HT for about 3+years now and must say that i'm still loving every minute of these. but if you really want this speaker to show it stuff you MUST bi-amp them and only then do they come to life otherwise-so-so- i'd say...all are bi-amped with 4outlaw monoblocks 200wpc on the bottom and 7125 outlaw amp 7@ 125wpc on the mid & top end.. with a outlaw 990 pre/pro and after the speakers are good and broke in , that's when you can really give these bad boys some power… Read Full Review

Infinity Alpha 50

“These speakers create a sound stage that is way better...”

Written on: 15/04/2007 by peterhuppertz (4 reviews written)

These speakers create a sound stage that is way better than anything else I've heard in this price range.
    The slight color in the midbass region (audible in, for instance, David Sylvian's baritone voice) is present when compared to high-end transmission lines, and the problem (if you could call it a problem) magically disappears when the sub (a Rel Strata) is switched on and configured correctly. Don't ask me what causes this - I've configured the sub to only cover 30 Hz and lower (the Alphas… Read Full Review

Infinity Alpha 50

“I purchased a brand new home theatre system with the...”

Written on: 07/10/2003 by sushy9902 (1 review written)

I purchased a brand new home theatre system with the following components. Harman Kardon 3550 AV Receiver, Alpha 50 Floor Standing Front Speakers, Alpha 20 Rear Book Shelf speakers, Alpha Center & Alpha sub. I then watched Gladiator and I'm proud to say that I 've got what I wanted. The audio effect is good too. I think this is an excellent combination and will give many years of listening pleasure… Read Full Review

Infinity Alpha 50

“I recently purchased a pair of these, mostly based on...”

Written on: 30/07/2003 by Matt. (1 review written)

I recently purchased a pair of these, mostly based on recommendations from reviews I've read. I was quite excited to be hooking them up to my 75 watt x 2 Harmon Kardon HK 3375 receiver, but, only for a moment. Although the mids and highs were clear and natural, as anticipated, the lows were very weak and light. Upon switching back and forth between the Alpha 50's and my old speakers, which are half the price of the Alpha 50's, my wife and I both agreed that although the Alpha 50's had a… Read Full Review

Kregear3's Response to 120119_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 28/01/2004

for good bass you need more watts, these speakers are incredible hooked up to my onkyo 801.

Icerocket's Response to 120119_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 13/12/2004

Some people are such idiots! These speakers along with any tower speakers in this day and age are meant to be used with a SUBWOOFER. The woofers of the Alpha 50's lack the "punch" your talking because they were designed to sound clear and be heard, not just felt. The bass they put out is by far better than just about any speakers in the same price range and even comparable to speakers costing more than $1,000. I liked these so much that i bought a second pair! I don't care what anyone else says but I know they will sound even better over time. After "breaking in" my first pair I noticed tighter/deeper bass and less clipping at high volume levels. Even the mids and highs sounded noticably cleaner with more detail. When I got my second pair I couldn't believe how held back they sound was after owning the first pair for about 6 months. All it takes is a good 15 to 20 hours of decent volume levels and the sound will naturally become louder, cleaner, and deeper. This is common with a lot of high end speakers on the market that the average auido fan is not aware of. Give your speakers a chance before giving a review and for Christ's sake hook up a nice Subwoofer to these Alpha 50's and you'll be blown away by the sound they produce.

Ro's Response to 120119_Matt.'s Review

Written on: 09/02/2004

I have critically listened to the Infinity Alpha 50s on several occasions vs the Klipsch 35s and 3IIs, similar priced Def Techs, and more expensive KEFs. Using a very good receiver each time (Yamaha 2400 or Denon 3803),and keeping tones flat and adjusting volumes to be equal,the Alphas were clear and not fatiguing when listening to female voices or brass instruments at loud volumes (the Klipsch pairs were clear but fatiquing and didn't go as deep). Def Techs had a wider sound stage but were too boomy/not tight with base. The KEFs were close but not as crisp and several hundred dollars more. Although I did not A-B them, to me the Alpha 50s compare well the the Paradigm 40s & 60s. All of these speakers are very good midpriced models that you should audition yourself with music you know and get what you enjoy the most (and stay within budget).

Infinity Alpha 50

“BEING AN AUDIOPHILE, I HAD A DIFFICULT TIME PERSUADING...”

Written on: 10/03/2003 by george. (1 review written)

BEING AN AUDIOPHILE, I HAD A DIFFICULT TIME PERSUADING MY WIFE WHO IS A HOME CINEMA FANATIC, TO GIVE UP OUR BELOVED B&W 604'S. THE 604'S WERE EXCELLENT AS MAIN L-R FOR OUR 5.1 SYSTEM, BUT JUST DID NOT BRING OUT THE BEST OF AUDIO WHETHER IT WERE MP3, CD, SACD OR DVD-AUDIO.
    I HAD HEARD THE INFINITY DELTA 60'S BEFORE, AND WAS IMPRESSED WITH THEIR ABILITY TO PLAY QUITE LOUD AND WITH QUALITY BUT THEY WERE MORE OR LESS IN THE SAME LEAGUE WITH THE 604'S, WITH THE B&W'S HAVING THE UPPER HAND. BUT WHEN… Read Full Review

Shaan.'s Response to 78953_george.'s Review

Written on: 15/04/2003

You are so right mate. Got the entire set of Alpha and the speakers are superb!

Bob Falfa 55's Response to 78953_george.'s Review

Written on: 15/03/2005

I have 4 alpha 50's with the 37c center and 1200s sub , wow!!! running a OnkyoTX-SR600 now, will be switching to a older {lol} OnkyoTX-DS939 and really see what these can do.. I had them for a 1.5 now...with the alpha 1200 sub bass will never be a problem, but you must use the R.A.B.O.S. kit to make it work right, it's a tuning kit for the sub... and it truely works wonders... check ebay,etc..makes a sub play music instead of just thumping , it's worth checking out believe me...

Pq.'s Response to 78953_george.'s Review

Written on: 29/06/2003

Completely agree. I just hooked them up a couple of hours ago and they sound absolutely terrific. Very clear, musical, and true to the real sound of the instruments. Phenomenal.

109894_Fnoppe.'s Response to 78953_george.'s Review

Written on: 23/06/2003

I fully agree.

106903_Casey.'s Response to 78953_george.'s Review

Written on: 13/06/2003

I have the Alpha 50's and larger center and it finally made waiting for decent speakers worthwhile. For two years I had my mom's JVC bookshelf speakers hooked up to my Marantz receiver and thankfully I was forgiven by the speaker gods and granted these beautiful speakers from Infinity. I consider myself very lucky indeed. Very, very lucky.

93792_Brent.'s Response to 78953_george.'s Review

Written on: 01/05/2003

I totally agree with the posted review. I bought four of them and with three 12" subs they sound awesome in my theatre room!