Weihrauch HW 30 Reviews

Weihrauch HW 30 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Weihrauch HW 30

Weihrauch  HW 30
Weihrauch  HW 30

“best by far one off them eny wayy”

Written on: 02/02/2011 by hunterhere (1 review written)

best by far one off them eny wayy… Read Full Review

“Weather you are pinking at tin cans or knocking...”

Written on: 16/06/2009 by Plinker Ponker (4 reviews written)

Weather you are pinking at tin cans or knocking pegions of out trees by any standard the Weihrauch HW 30 is a great gun. I purchased my HW 30 in .22 calaber and i find it a joy to shoot. I find that eley wasps are the best pellets for it but it does not seem to have enough womth to shoot a hollow point with great power. It would make a great starter rifle for a child as it is light and easy to cock. I won't be selling mine any time soon. I would defently recomend that you buy one weather your… Read Full Review

“I bought my HW30 25 years ago. It, along with my...”

Written on: 06/05/2006 by torqueguy (8 reviews written)

I bought my HW30 25 years ago. It, along with my Sheridan were my only airguns as I went through my firearm stages. Blackpowder to pistol, to high power rifle, down to rimfires again, then finally airguns again. Life's circle. Excuse the philosophy.
Anyway, after 25 years and thousands of shots, I thought I would give it a much needed tune up since it had gotten twangy. My gun had the old leather seals which will last a lifetime. I thought I would go all out however and replace the seal… Read Full Review

Superray's Response to torqueguy's Review

Written on: 23/09/2006

I think everything you wrote about the HW30 is 100% true. I bought mine about 15 years ago and it still shoots great! I've seen the Macari kits and stocks on the web and decided to upgrade to a spring and stock myself. If ever there was an air-rifle that was a pure pleasure to shoot, this is it. With Hobbys at about 675 and Wasp at 620, head shots on pigeons and starlings out to about 20 yards is a sure thing.

“The Weihrauch HW 30 is a very light rifle, good for...”

Written on: 04/12/2005 by Derek John Pierre (1 review written)

The Weihrauch HW 30 is a very light rifle, good for target shooting not so god for hunting. Accurate, reliable. the trigger is quite stiff… Read Full Review

“The Beeman R7(Weirauch HW30S imp.) gets a TON of good...”

Written on: 17/08/2004 by VictorLouis (2 reviews written)

The Beeman R7(Weirauch HW30S imp.) gets a TON of good press on the net, and deservedly so. Whenever anyone asks about the "little-bro", HW30, the standard response is usually some form of

"Spend the extra $ for the R7 and get the Rekord trigger.."

Well, I don't really think that's altogether necessarily true. :)

I recently picked up an HW30, and I thought I'd post my observations.

How does it differ from the R7?

The stock has no real rise on the comb, and a subtle, RH cheek piece. Overall,

Be20's Response to VictorLouis's Review

Written on: 04/10/2007

Which Mendoza is quieter than the hw30 ?

“I recently purchased a Weihrauch HW30 MkII in .177...”

Written on: 31/08/2003 by jdigger (2 reviews written)

I recently purchased a Weihrauch HW30 MkII in .177 calibre Air rifle for my son as a training rifle. I had the rifle tuned by Sandwell Field Sports to reduce recoil, spring noise and dieseling. Having fitted an AGS 3-9x40 Mil-dot scope in two piece mounts (using the recoil arrestor holes provided in order to avoid scope creep) I set about zeroing the rifle at 20 yards using RWS Hobby flathead pellets. To say that the rifle is impressive does not do it justice. Using a light hold to let the… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to jdigger's Review

Written on: 13/07/2012

What is the best scope to use for it

Guest's Response to jdigger's Review

Written on: 13/07/2012

With a light gun I like to use a heavy scope. I fitted a 1.5 to 6 x 32 Tasco. This was an old Japanese 30mm scope that fitted the gun very well.

“Have an older model HW30. Mine has the adjustable...”

Written on: 20/06/2003 by CAPK. (1 review written)

Have an older model HW30. Mine has the adjustable Rekord trigger and no safety. Converted the leather piston seal to synthetic and installed a Maccari mainspring w/JM heavy tar- what a smooth shooter and accurate to boot!… Read Full Review

Ton's Response to 109072_CAPK.'s Review

Written on: 16/03/2005

Hello there, bought an older HW30 also, no safety but the rekord trigger. serialnumber is 887807. has a sort of "cap at the end where the rekord trigger is. do you have suggestions for improvements. shoots rather good but, am a novice so...

Mrriehl's Response to 109072_CAPK.'s Review

Written on: 19/01/2007

Thanks, Cap.

Capk's Response to 109072_CAPK.'s Review

Written on: 18/01/2007

To mrriehl - here is an example of a homemade spring compressor. Go to airgun forum and do a search to find other examples. Jim Macarri sells a HW30 kit that I think would bring your velocity up probably.j Here is the pic of the crompressor.
<br/>
<br/>http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL99/804363/4673862/58958693.jpg

Mrriehl's Response to 109072_CAPK.'s Review

Written on: 17/01/2007

Where can I find a spring compressor? Is there a manual available? I have an HW 30 (from 1989, according to Weirauch) that my grandfather left me and I would like to not only shoot it but maybe upgrade it some. I haven&#039;t been able to shoot much but what I have done is pretty impressive.

Capk's Response to 109072_CAPK.'s Review

Written on: 17/03/2005

The HW30 is relatively easy to work on...a spring compressor helps in the assembly/disassembly process. Just slip the end cap off, snug up the compressor, drift the trigger assembly pins out with the correct size pin punch, remove the trigger assembly and unscrew the remaining retaining bolt (the mainspring will be under tension so ease everything out here carefully!). When you reassemble everything, make sure not to strip out the retain bolt threads in the receiver - this is where the compressor helps apply the correct pressure on the unit so you can line up the bolt hole. The two trigger unit retaining pins will also be easier to install with very slight pressure from the compressor. The HW30 will never be a magnum power house like the R-9/HW95, but it puts out a respectable amount of power. Most improvements are usually focused on smoothing out the firing cycle (e.g. removing any metal burrs in the cocking groove or piston assembly). If you have a leather piston seal you can soak it in silicone oil overnight and it'll last/function great. Press out the excess oil from the seal before you reinstall and watch for sharp edges as you slide the works back in. A little moly behind it or a synthetic piston seal (if you have that type) works wonders. If you want max power just burnish some moly onto the mainspring. If you want minimal spring "twang" a little JM tar can be substituted for the moly. My HW30 likes a good quality pellet and the H&N match (for target) and Silver Sting (for penetration) are very accurate for me. Happy airgunning!

“My son received this Weihrauch HW30 equipped with an...”

Written on: 08/03/2003 by David. (1 review written)

My son received this Weihrauch HW30 equipped with an RWS 4 X 32 scope for Christmas and immediately fell in love with it. We live on a farm and this weapon is accurate and powerful enough (675 fps) to eliminate nuisance birds (pidgeons and crows) found in our barn! The rifle is lighter than most and easy to handle. The rifle is a joy to use and I have found it to be extremely accurate at 10 metres (5 pellets within a 2.54 cm spread) and I'm only a novice shooter! I would recommend this and… Read Full Review