Gladiator Reviews

Summary

Starring: Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix, Connie Nielsen
Manufacturer: Columbia Tri-Star Home Video
Features:
  • Box set
  • PAL
  • Widescreen
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Gladiator - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gladiator

“Introduction - ”

Written on: 07/01/2010 by zagureanu (27 reviews written)

Introduction -
    Usually I try to review films that haven't had too much coverage, I like to let people know of films that are somewhat unheard of but still great films in there own right. Gladiator however is world famous and already has 341 reviews, despite of this I am still going to add my piece; I felt I needed to for such a brilliant piece of work. Gladiator is a film of epic proportions, released in 2000 and directed by Ridley Scott.

The film won five Academy awards including best picture… Read Full Review

Gladiator

“I was in two minds about this film. ”

Written on: 30/10/2009 by glenc (305 reviews written)

I was in two minds about this film.

There were parts of it I really liked, others (such as Russell Crowe) that I did not

Overall, I think they just about pull it off, but there are times when I was starting to get bored with the film.

Overall though Id say its worth a watch.

I was expecting an epic/classic, and it did not deliver that - however, it did deliver a fairly entertaining film

Gladiator

“Gripping fight scenes. Some intense parts spoilt by...”

Written on: 19/10/2008

Gripping fight scenes. Some intense parts spoilt by long waits. Fantastic! Memories get better each time I think about it… Read Full Review

Gladiator

“I had heard about this film being really good and...”

Written on: 12/02/2008 by chez18 (172 reviews written)

I had heard about this film being really good and everyone saying good things about it! so one day i was round by friends and we put it on and we wasn't disappointed!! really emotional and gripping film!! I would disagree saying it was a boys film… Read Full Review

Gladiator

“Gladiator is great on the big screen, and great on...”

Written on: 11/01/2006 by Mark1978 (4 reviews written)

Gladiator is great on the big screen, and great on your home TV. I would recommend surround sound for full appreciation. Russell Crowe is a fine actor, ad I rate this as one of his best alongside A Beautiful Mind, and Master and Commander… Read Full Review

Gladiator

“Gladiator is a great film, the sets are brilliant and...”

Written on: 10/02/2005 by Tira Mi Sue (22 reviews written)

Gladiator is a great film, the sets are brilliant and you can tell all the actors are really giving it their all - even the extras give good performances.

The sets are incredible and the music perfectly suits the film at every point carrying you along with the story.

Gladiator follows the Roman general Maximus and his journey from hero to slave and back again. I wont give the plot away any more but the battle scenes are amazing and you really feel for the characters, this film is so good that… Read Full Review