Top Gun Reviews

Summary

Director Tony Scott

Starring: Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards & Meg Ryan

Theatrical-Release: 16 May, 1986
Top Gun - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Top Gun

Top Gun

“The Greatest of All Time”

Written on: 17/04/2013 by Boian_Dimitrov (10 reviews written)

Howdy. You know I once turned down an opportunity to watch Top Gun on the big screen, back in '86. I was eight years at the time, hanging in California with my Aunt and Uncle on a family vacation. Well, I declined the opportunity. To this day it is one of my biggest regrets. I never saw Top Gun on the big screen. Top Gun is the greatest movie of all time. The movie inspires, it thrills, it excites, it rewards the American soul, and perhaps most importantly, it romances. Has any other movie… Read Full Review

“Making Dreams!”

Written on: 30/01/2012 by parlouvou (1 review written)

When this movie was first released, being a fighter pilot was not every kids dream, you had to have somebody close to you being in the airforce or being himself a pilot. After this movie I do not know about the rest of the world but in Greece the applications for the fighter pilot academy were boosted 300%. Every kid wanted to behave like Maverick in the film! I also was influenced by it that is why I serve my country as a fighter pilot! Despite being a true American film where everything is… Read Full Review

Top Gun

“Top gun, loved and loathed by many alike. The film...”

Written on: 30/10/2010 by Taylott (173 reviews written)

Top gun, loved and loathed by many alike. The film that launched Tom Cruise's career. Tom Cruise's performance is stellar, playing a role that he would end up playing again and again as the overconfident 'Maverick' who eventually learns his lesson. Top Gun is a high quality, visually stunning film that does all it can to take your breath away.

Parts of the story are overly cheesy and clich d. The proud to be American theme is dire, repetitive and anyone who dislikes over patriotism in films… Read Full Review

Top Gun

“If you haven't seen the movie you really are missing...”

Written on: 03/05/2010 by bcl22 (1 review written)

If you haven't seen the movie you really are missing out on an 80s classic. Tom Cruise at his best, Val Kilmer as Ice Man and a sound track that is still awesome today… Read Full Review

Top Gun

“All in all, a brilliant movie. After all these years...”

Written on: 15/02/2008

All in all, a brilliant movie. After all these years it's stil my no.1.
I suggest everyone watch it again, and if you havn't, I say dude!!! Quick do it now!!… Read Full Review

Top Gun

“How much do I love Top Gun?? Surely no movie...”

Written on: 11/02/2005 by The Frog Of Knowledge (24 reviews written)

How much do I love Top Gun?? Surely no movie collection is complete without this gem. When it first came out I think I was about 6. Watching it back now it seems a lot more cheesy than I remember it, but it's still brilliant. Seeing as you can get it so cheap now on DVD you have to own it!… Read Full Review

Ramtin's Response to The Frog Of Knowledge's Review

Written on: 07/09/2006

I'm sorry The Frog of Knowledge but apart from Kelly McGillis, this is clearly the work of Satan.
<br/>
<br/>No. Seriously. Its a fun film and I liked it when it first came out, but basically its a glossy chick-pleaser, with schmaltz and Uncle Sam gung-ho liberally spread. Probably a 5 or 6 out of 10 for the fun value and Kelly McGillis of course.
<br/>
<br/>It doesn&#039;t take my breath away.