Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII Reviews

Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII

Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII
Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII

“Bought may XR2 back in May 1990 and still own it to...”

Written on: 01/07/2009 by dogchops (1 review written)

Bought may XR2 back in May 1990 and still own it to this day. due to work it still remains in the garage and currently I can't get it to fire yet it turns over. It's always had dry weather use… Read Full Review

“Classic car not many left in good standard condition...”

Written on: 09/04/2008 by ribena 1 (1 review written)

Classic car not many left in good standard condition rising in value. mine is 21 years old and runs perfect the best handling car i have owned. driving position is great… Read Full Review

“Fast becoming a classic. Not many standard and in good...”

Written on: 09/04/2008

Fast becoming a classic. Not many standard and in good condition left. You will stand out in the traffic. Quite fast off the lights but could do with more bhp. Cornering is faultless. Quite good on petrol. The interior is very comfortable and driving position just right. Rising in value really great car to drive… Read Full Review

“I used to own an F Reg Ford Fiesta XR2 MkII in black...”

Written on: 01/04/2004 by jayparry (1 review written)

I used to own an F Reg Ford Fiesta XR2 MkII in black that my friend and I turboed. It was standard looking apart from RS Turbo whels and the b great exhaust coming out of the back. We put an Escort RS turbo engine in it and I then got the engine tuned to 187 BHP by power engineering. This car was the ultimate pocket rocket and it left many a cosworth owner at the lights with their jaws on the floor.

The Mark II is by far (in my opinion) the best looking of all the Fiestas and considering… Read Full Review

“I Bought my Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII for 300 pounds, I...”

Written on: 25/01/2004 by tommy215 (1 review written)

I Bought my Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII for 300 pounds, I think its got a high lift cam but not sure. For the money the performance is great. Sounds great to, handles better than XR2i.The engines becoming a little smokey but for the money I paid for it, if it only lasts a year its value for money. Hope to get another one in better condition so I can start modifying it. A true classic hothatch. GET ONE… Read Full Review

“i have had a few Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII's now , my...”

Written on: 12/11/2003 by waynegoldring (1 review written)

i have had a few Ford Fiesta XR2 MRII's now , my latest being the one you see at the top of the page , all round a good car , it was cheap to buy and they are cheap to modify , especially if you do the work yourself. you can pick one up with tax and mot for a couple of hundred quid , or a project for about 50 quid , what other car can you have nearly 100 bhp for that little cash. i have learnt quite a lot about this car now so if you have any questions or problems feel free to contact me… Read Full Review

“i bought an xr2 a few months ago, the gearbox was...”

Written on: 14/06/2003 by Robb. (1 review written)

i bought an xr2 a few months ago, the gearbox was broke, i got a recon box for £50 and me and a mate fitted it ourselves, the car was pretty tatty when i got it, ive sorted the rust and a few engine parts that nedded replacing.
She runs sweet,the parts are so cheap, i had a 1.4 clio b4, this thing absolutly thrashes it! and it was half the price! these cars are well cool, I want to fint a mint one so i cant put a turbo lump in it,
so if any ones knows of a mint one e-mail me!… Read Full Review

108742_Paul.'s Response to Robb.'s Review

Written on: 19/06/2003

Accurate review. I have owned 2 of them including my current vehicle. I am lucky as mine is quite tidy, I shall be keeping it that way and hopefully will own a classic in years to come!

Q's Response to Robb.'s Review

Written on: 31/12/2003

you say email you if I know of a mint one I have just bought one as a runaround as by clio 16v is broke
<br>the XR2 I have has had 2 owners from new & has absolutily no rust under the bonet even the battery tray is still shiny red, its ideal for a turbo lump.

Dunketh's Response to Robb.'s Review

Written on: 23/09/2003

These are great cars.
<br>
<br>The definitive boy racer machine, under-rated by everyone - until they get blown away by one that is.
<br>I had immense fun flying past Nova's, Clios, Metros, and other supposedly 'hot' hatches in mine.
<br>
<br>I wrote it off, but thats what comes of driving like a prat. Fun while it lasted though.

“I have owned one for 8 yrs and it has only broken down...”

Written on: 02/06/2003 by bineryman. (1 review written)

I have owned one for 8 yrs and it has only broken down once with a broken feul pump. I run it with spending as little as possible and its done well over 100,000 miles. Its got just under a 100 horses under the bonnet and with its light weight its just spot on for hill climbing. If you get one keep hold of it,the xr2 is a future classic… Read Full Review

“A F*****G S**T HOT SEXY, NICE, FASTISH CAR. ”

Written on: 05/03/2003 by Darren Carver. (1 review written)

A F*****G S**T HOT SEXY, NICE, FASTISH CAR.

WHAT DO U EXPECT ITS A FORDY!!… Read Full Review