Sony Ericsson P800 Reviews

• Style

Sony Ericsson P800 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony Ericsson P800

Sony Ericsson P800

“I think this is a really good phone, given that is is...”

Written on: 05/08/2005 by grix (3 reviews written)

I think this is a really good phone, given that is is also a PDA.
Battery Life is very good for a phone like this, calls are always clear, and the reception is also good.
I have had this phone a while, and would recommend it, if you can get one now… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“Upgraded to the Sony Ericsson P800 from a Nokia 6100. ...”

Written on: 02/08/2004 by floating goat (3 reviews written)

Upgraded to the Sony Ericsson P800 from a Nokia 6100. Although this phone has been around for a while it is still very good. Most of the early glitches appear to have been sorted out by successive software modifications and my phone has only crashed once since I bought it.
The phone syncs effectively with outlook allowing me to keep my calendar and contacts on my phone at all times - which I have found to be one of the most useful functions on the phone.
Being able to surf the internet on the… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“I love this Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone I've owned...”

Written on: 30/06/2004 by markowen58 (2 reviews written)

I love this Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone I've owned it since April '03 and I'm still waiting for a better phone to come along (the P900 is not a justifiable upgrade to me) for me to spend my money on. Now its been out for over a year now the ammount of software available is very broad and improving all the time unlike when I first purchased it. The 'real' ringtones as those annoying adverts now advertise are awesome and free once you've learned how to plunder your own CD collection (up to… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“I got my Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone in December...”

Written on: 01/06/2004 by sparaxis (1 review written)

I got my Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone in December and it stopped working in January. It took 5 weeks to be "repaired". They sent me a refurbished phone that has given me nothing but problems. The replacement phone has serious power problems and I routinely get strange error messages. It quit working last week. I contacted Sony Ericsson 5 days ago and have had no response from them. Wait until they get the bugs worked out before spending money on this lemon… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“My new Sony Ericsson P800 has spent more time in...”

Written on: 06/04/2004 by review123 (1 review written)

My new Sony Ericsson P800 has spent more time in transit and the service centre than it has with me:

1st time the mobile phone completely shuts down and would not switch back on, its taken to walthamstow service centre and it comes back some 7 days later with yet another fault.
That being the camera had a particle of fibre trapped on the inside over the camera lens that probably happened when the engineer accessed the mobile parts. Thus resulting in blurred pictures. By now I was losing faith… Read Full Review

Review123's Response to review123's Review

Written on: 15/08/2005

Has Been Kindly Replaced with P900
<br>by SONY.
<br>Now Thats Service
<br>Well Done SONY

Sony Ericsson P800

“Only after 4 weeks, my Sony Ericsson P800 switched off...”

Written on: 19/03/2004 by MB (1 review written)

Only after 4 weeks, my Sony Ericsson P800 switched off and would not switch on again, it's been away 3 times for this fault totalling a period of 6 weeks… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“I got my Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone over xmas,...”

Written on: 08/02/2004 by djphaze (1 review written)

I got my Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone over xmas, ive read up on it and i thought i knew everything about it- wanted one for ages. I keep finding new things out about it the more i use it and its great! Even people with messy handwriting can type text messages with ease-its text recongition i find is excellent, Im a very arty person so i use the jotter a lot to draw skethes and send them to my mates via email or SMS-i think its a very handy and all-round fun mobile phone/best friend! (Ok, im… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“The feature rich Sony Ericsson P800 delivers with a...”

Written on: 22/01/2004 by carsgroup (8 reviews written)

The feature rich Sony Ericsson P800 delivers with a vibrant 4,096 color display which puts it up there with the likes of the popular Nokia 9200 Communicator series and the Handspring Treo.

As a PDA, it's got everything one would need to function efficiently at home, away, or even in the office. Sony Ericsson upped the ante with the inclusion of new and exciting extras like the CommuniCam and excellent games such as Men In Black 2: Alien and Stunt Car Extreme… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“I got this Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone 7 months...”

Written on: 17/01/2004 by buffalo princess12345 (1 review written)

I got this Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone 7 months ago and sony ericsson had it for 4 of these months it was not working as soon as i got it, it switched on and off by its self and wasnt really all that fun it had no games and the internet took a lifetime to get working you also cant get uk sites on it until you download opera (takes AGES!!!!!) if this phone is for someone just for everyday use i would suggest a smaller and lighter handset! (BEWARE!!! IF YOU SEND ANY SONY ERICSSON TO… Read Full Review

Boinng's Response to buffalo princess12345's Review

Written on: 12/02/2004

The built in browser isn't that bad - and doesn't have anything against "uk sites" - but Opera is better on the whole. Opera only takes a couple of minutes to download and install (unless you're suggesting doing it over the phone, which is madness).
<br>
<br>The P800 comes with a total of four games - Solitaire and Chess built in, and the much more impressive and arcade-like Stunt Run and Men in Black on the CD (so you don't have to clutter up your memory stick with them if you don't want to).
<br>
<br>I can't comment on the reliability issues you've had personally, but I've had mine for four months now with no crashes whatsoever - which is pretty good for a phone these days, let alone a PDA.

160954_Natasha Kane's Response to buffalo princess12345's Review

Written on: 03/07/2004

Great review made me think again about sony ericsson!! And I totally agggrrreeee!!!

157262_Natasha4John's Response to buffalo princess12345's Review

Written on: 31/05/2004

Class review mate!!!

Buffalo Princess12345's Response to buffalo princess12345's Review

Written on: 29/02/2004

Well the phone I happened to get had no games and when I tried to download opera over the cd and it took up all my memory! even though I believe in what some of the things you say I still believe its not the phone for most people!!!

Sony Ericsson P800

“The Sony Ericsson P800 definate buy if you need...”

Written on: 21/12/2003 by roboconnor (2 reviews written)

The Sony Ericsson P800 definate buy if you need something to organise your life away from a pc and the functions are superb however the two i've had both crashed and a mystery to sony as they dont ever recolect having heard of this problem (funny my mates p800 did the same thing) Well worth the premium for this must have piece of equipment… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“I really like the Sony Ericsson P800 phone but I have...”

Written on: 21/12/2003 by AJC (1 review written)

I really like the Sony Ericsson P800 phone but I have had to get a new sim card as mine was too old and wouldn't allow MMS etc.
My main problem is the microphone - it doesn't matter which hand you hold it in you're fingers (right hand) or hand (left hand) block it - when I first got it people were telling me they couldn't hear me and after searching for the microphone I realized what was happening.
It's a major design fault and you have to hold it like you're showing the screen to someone!… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“Considering the Sony Ericsson P800 is only a phone its...”

Written on: 06/11/2003 by Mattieep800 (1 review written)

Considering the Sony Ericsson P800 is only a phone its great, But when your reading a review you want to here why so ill tell you , the pictures on my phone have been great and are perfect for collecting memorys you dont want to loose, for example i took many pictures on the london eye and the pictures showed up great,the phone itself stores an incredible amount of memory and allows you to stall loads of pics,i have bout 150 on mine!!.you can even by a seperate memory chip for the phone if you… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Sony Ericsson P800

“The Sony Ericsson P800 has absolutely the worst...”

Written on: 03/11/2003 by tgfny (1 review written)

The Sony Ericsson P800 has absolutely the worst customer service I've ever received. Have had the phone for 6 months and it has not worked from day1 Have spent 20 hours on the phone with Sony and they finally told me 6 months later they would do nothing to fix the fact that I got a lemon. I spent $700 on a phone that doesn't work and Sony just said tough. NEVER BUY A SONY PRODUCT IF YOU WANT ANY SERVICE. THIS IS MY 3RD AND LAST SONY PHONE AS NONE HAVE ACTUALLY WORKED… Read Full Review

Saund3Rs's Response to tgfny's Review

Written on: 27/11/2003

damn rite. they just don't work properly. got a z7.its pants.i don't bother taking it back cos i know its the way its built

Freash Prince's Response to tgfny's Review

Written on: 10/02/2004

I totaly agree although it has not stoped me buying the p800 in hope that my luck will change with sony mobile phones. i have had 8 previous sony phones inc j70, j5, t610, t68i none of them have worked properly, absolutely rubbish customer service and when they did send them away to be repared they came back just the same or some times worse! although sony mobiles are impresive on paper, the cusomer service is the worst i have ever come across.I must admit that the p800 does have some stuning features.

Sony Ericsson P800

“I have used the phone for 9 months now. Prob the...”

Written on: 03/10/2003 by marcuslow (1 review written)

I have used the phone for 9 months now. Prob the longest phone i used (changed 10 phones last year).
It does live to its hype about its cool features...however there is ONE big omission from the phone that really makes it irritating and a negative on buyers decision :-

NO T9.

Yup, when your other hand is busy, expect to type every single letter while other phones goes thru the same text via t9 in a breeze. Inexcusable.

The blue tooth support is so-so, I tried nokia 89xx and the sony ericsson… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“I have had the fortune to try several phones recently...”

Written on: 21/09/2003 by Numbersix (2 reviews written)

I have had the fortune to try several phones recently and have to say the Sony Ericsson P800 is far and away the best. The screen is excellent, with good resolution and layout. The features on this phone are excellent for work and play - you get lots and lots of useful business functions eg schedulers and so on, but also fun stuff such as an MP3 player and integrated camera. Despite looking big, it is actually a light phonee (158g) and is lighter than a Nokia 7650. Battery life is excellent… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“If you want a phone that's also a personnel Organizer,...”

Written on: 16/09/2003 by tonyhoward (1 review written)

If you want a phone that's also a personnel Organizer, Plus have a lot more features than you need then this is the one, but if you run XP, good luck!… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“Internal arial, I often have people saying to me speak...”

Written on: 05/09/2003 by jashem (1 review written)

Internal arial, I often have people saying to me speak into the phone and its right by my face.
The phone feels like it's pouring radiation into my hand when i hold it.
Night mode on camera is awful.
The P800 has a knack of just switching itself off.
When i'm on the move i lose signal and it doesn't come back unless I switch the phone on and off… Read Full Review

Rjlo's Response to jashem's Review

Written on: 08/12/2003

The person who wrote this clearly isn't capable of using a phone of this capacity. p800 is the best phone there has been for a long time and the software and extra features for the phone are outstanding!As i own a p900, my first hand expierience will vouch for the p800's quality, it is still the best fone on the market.

Brommers's Response to jashem's Review

Written on: 05/02/2004

I've been told by my dealer that the P900 has had all the bugs ironed out, larger memory and takes better pictures so I don't know that that's a fair comparison.

Sony Ericsson P800

“I have had a lot of mobiles but never have I come...”

Written on: 22/08/2003 by BOB. (1 review written)

I have had a lot of mobiles but never have I come across something so unbelievably fantastic! It's clean lines and bright colouring make it one of the most desirable mobiles on the market today. The large 4096 colour touch display is just as good if not better than that of any 65k colour phones. The P800 takes personalising your mobile to another level with the ability to create your own screensavers, wallpapers and colour theme. Software is available to turn the already brilliant digital… Read Full Review

Nickcbutler123's Response to 123422_BOB.'s Review

Written on: 18/09/2003

The P800 boasts most features including an MP3/Movie player, camera, synchronisation with PIM such as MS Outlook and looks like it may just pull it off. A phone the size of a standard house brick must be packed with technology I thought. Well, the phone does do what it says on the box and for that I cannot criticise Sony. However, I suspect there will be two distinctive camps in the P800 debate - those that have previously owned such as a Comapq IPAQ and those that have only used mobile phones. The IPAQ users will immediately fall out with the awful screen and feel of the 800. It is too small to actually view documents on and in truth offers no discernable advantage over the Sony T610. The 800 looks promising when first switched on but quickly reveals it's true colours as fat phone without the great personality which would rescue you from the jibes of friends and colleagues.
<br>
<br>If you have owned a decent PDA such as the 400mhz IPAQ don't go near the P800 - even with a nine foot blue tooth connection. It will dissapoint I guarantee - If you have only ever used a mobile phone and can live with the comical design then you will probably be very impressed. It is - as stated previously on this site - a poor attempt at a PDA. Get yourself a T610 - very small, sexy looking and capable phone happy to bluetooth to with Outlook/Lotus.

Sony Ericsson P800

“This phone is amazing. I was very unsure about buying...”

Written on: 22/08/2003 by Rachael Bull. (1 review written)

This phone is amazing. I was very unsure about buying one, so I read loads of reviews and made up my own mind. One main problem i had with the P800 was the larger than normal size and of course the price! But after visiting a local phone retailer, I was able to insert my existing sim card and try out the phone in the shop. I was pleasantly suprised by the size, not nearly as big as everyone makes out, although for socialites, I would recommend keeping a smaller (less expensive) phone solely… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P800

“In my opinion it is a very very unreliable phone”

Written on: 19/08/2003 by ianhopkins (1 review written)

In my opinion it is a very very unreliable phone… Read Full Review

Boinng's Response to ianhopkins's Review

Written on: 19/08/2004

In point of fact the camera app WILL save onto the card by default, if you set it to (once) using the folder bar at the top right - in fact it will save wherever you like.
<br>
<br>I've had this phone for a year now, and can honestly say it's one of the most reliable phones I've ever owned, despite its truly cutting edge features.