Gunpower Storm Reviews

Gunpower Storm - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gunpower Storm

Gunpower Storm
Gunpower Storm

“Brought mine over5 years ago no loss of power for...”

Written on: 10/05/2010

Brought mine over5 years ago no loss of power for outright hunting
and constant reliability 10/10… Read Full Review

“good points- ”

Written on: 29/01/2010 by lexrouzee (1 review written)

good points-
sleek looks, inline system, massively changeable and dead on accurate

bad points-
price and currently only single shot (might change soon hopefully)

i bought my gunpower storm about 6 months ago, read a lot of reviews before committing and wasn't disappointed. because of the design it needs a high mount for the scope (after making the mistake of buying a standard set of mounts) it also favor's the larger long range scope (because of the distance you can accurately drop… Read Full Review

“Bought this Gunpower Storm rifle about a month ago and...”

Written on: 10/04/2009

Bought this Gunpower Storm rifle about a month ago and what a load of rubbish. I now wish I would have bought a decent rifle. Also I had a BSA Lightning before this and I was able to get tighter groups with that than the storm. Stick 2 either one of the big air rifle makers because they have much more quality in them… Read Full Review

“Really good gun, had to go back to my old gun and...”

Written on: 20/09/2008

Really good gun, had to go back to my old gun and realised i cant hit anything with it, where as the night before i had 30 with the storm, it is nothing short of a beast… Read Full Review

“The Gunpower Storm is very accurate and light but the...”

Written on: 02/09/2008 by scottrennie14 (1 review written)

The Gunpower Storm is very accurate and light but the safety isn't the strongest feeling. Overall, a really good hunting rifle with the biopods… Read Full Review

The Squadron Leader's Response to 397476_scottrennie14's Review

Written on: 02/12/2012

just used a srealth for must be going on 10 years without any major more then losing a top hat.i used it on a gamekeeping beat for serious vermin shooting and trap management ..would estimate 5000 pellet plus per year. have just supplemented kit with gunpower storm ss fac. do not think this is going to be more powerful stealth. apart from the shape its in a different leauge. astounding powerful accurate. gun. i amsure more good longe range shooting is in store. can,t fault the gun quality of performance and have nothing but praise for the guys at the factory for support and advice. thankyou.Capt.Terry Travis

“I have owned my gunpower storm for two weeks and...”

Written on: 17/02/2008 by joeyplayer (1 review written)

I have owned my gunpower storm for two weeks and ordered a silencer the same day as it is quite loud, my neighbours moan and quary hear me a mile of. Now waiting 2 weeks for it to come was bad enough but when it arrived it was not a nice black metal silencer with smooth end and sloping bottom instead it was made out a formed plastic and carbon fiber alright for some but not me but what ticks me more is that gun power changed the barrel size 3 years ago and produced this to fit it now had they… Read Full Review

Id12345's Response to joeyplayer's Review

Written on: 14/05/2008

Hi great review. i have a question though. does the silencer really make much difference to the noise and do you think it will fit on the airforce condor? thanks

“I got my Gunpower Storm air rifle about a month ago. I...”

Written on: 17/09/2006 by kais (1 review written)

I got my Gunpower Storm air rifle about a month ago. I am very impressed with it!
I fitted a 4-12x 50 scope, something you need, since the range you can get is way higher than with other air rifles, though it is 12ft power, but compared to my other air rifles (Air Arms S410 , SMK SX20) that have the same power, it can give you more effective range and way more penetration.
At least 300 pellets in every full tank. It is really a great rifle!… Read Full Review

“I bought a Gunpower Storm Air Rifle last week, as my...”

Written on: 26/07/2005 by mjrboom (2 reviews written)

I bought a Gunpower Storm Air Rifle last week, as my second precharged rifle after the airarms s410. I got it home and have spent the last two days trying everything to sight it in, without success. Even using the bipod and a hawke 3x10x50 scope I cant get the pellets to group at 20 metres. I've tried various pellets including accupells and I've tried removing the silencer but the gun continues its erratic performance. Sometimes not just missing the 1/2 inch circle but entirely missing the… Read Full Review

Clarkey 1's Response to mjrboom's Review

Written on: 15/11/2006

Hey mate. I know what you're talking about. I bought mine off my local gun dealer, and I have had nothing but problems with it. It's far too powerful, and unless you have shock proof scope, you can't hit a barn door. I consulted my dealer, who said that I'd bought it so I had to sort it out.
<br>
<br/>I've tried getting in touch with Gunpower directly, but they don't seem to be that bothered. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

“I thought I would try a Gunpower Storm out after many...”

Written on: 16/01/2005 by rebelrider (1 review written)

I thought I would try a Gunpower Storm out after many many air guns I've had. I've had pistols and rifles, but the storm is in a league of its own this gun is fantastic.
I had it delivered. I took it out of the box, the sight needed about 3 clicks on the vertical and the sight was set.
In a 100 ft range I can hit a 5p coin everytime and the power is great highly recomended to everyone.
This rifle is great, I wish I had bought one years ago… Read Full Review

“The Gunpower Storm is a fantastic gun easily tuned to...”

Written on: 23/02/2003 by ray. (1 review written)

The Gunpower Storm is a fantastic gun easily tuned to high power, mine gives 42ft lbs with 30 grain dai sung pellets. no recoil, excellent accuracy. This is my first pre charged rifle,after many springers, i will never buy another springer again. Absolutely brilliant gun… Read Full Review

87180_J K L Muller(The Jackal).'s Response to 75086_ray.'s Review

Written on: 08/04/2003

Very true the comments made on this rifle in my oppinion the finest airgun ever made

Nige's Response to 75086_ray.'s Review

Written on: 22/03/2006

Just remember, in the UK, ANY air rifle over 12ft/lbs using the heaviest pellets possible, is classed as a firearm and as such, by law you are required to have a firearms certificate with FAC air rifle specified on it and the calibre.
Is 5 years inside really worth it, plus you will never be able to belong to any club or shoot again.
You guys outside of the UK don't know how lucky you are being able to have an "export version". I know cos I got a legally held one at 35ft/lbs (not gunpower)

Cannonlj's Response to 75086_ray.'s Review

Written on: 27/02/2006

it will cost next to nothing to tune or increase the power on any of the gunpower range, anybody owning any of them should visit www.stealthresource.org or even the talonownersgroup

199113_Jakeylad's Response to 75086_ray.'s Review

Written on: 25/06/2005

how do you get it to 25ftlb

Maddrob's Response to 75086_ray.'s Review

Written on: 30/06/2004

thinking of buying one, how painful on the wallet is it to gain the power you claim??

Rlewis's Response to 75086_ray.'s Review

Written on: 09/11/2003

i have got a gunpower storm and i can only get 25ft pound out of mine using bisley magnum. please could u tell me how i can increase the power thanks

Dazjohn's Response to 75086_ray.'s Review

Written on: 20/09/2003

how do you get it to such a high power output could you please let me know