Lexmark X63 Reviews

• Quality

Summary

Features:
  • 2,400 x 1,200 resolution
  • 4 ppm black copying, 2 ppm color
  • 14 ppm black printing, 7 ppm color
  • PC-free black and color faxing
  • 36-bit color scanning
  • ? Ask our helpful community of experts about this product or company
    Lexmark X63 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lexmark X63

Lexmark X63

“The Lexmark X63 is a tricky printer and there is info...”

Written on: 11/01/2009 by Rekomstop (1 review written)

The Lexmark X63 is a tricky printer and there is info missing from Lexmark. When it stops printing as some of the posters have spoken of there IS a fix that I found that works. Had it not I would have pitched this printer 3 years ago.

The Memory buffer fills which is what causes the "printer busy" message(and also buffer full message or when the printer prints one page and the computer must be restarted to print the next. Lexmark forgot to mention how to clear the buffer and it is VERY… Read Full Review

Lexmark X63

“Doesn't print for me. Just pops up error messages...”

Written on: 30/09/2008

Doesn't print for me. Just pops up error messages stating "Device is busy. Please try again later." What kind of an error message is that? Like if you leave it alone it will magically print later! Frequently asks you to reinstall the software. No on/off button. Not happy with the copy quality. The list goes on...

I do not recommend the Lexmark X63 aLL in one printer! Save yourself time, money and hassle in my opinion! It's not worth the $11 shipping that I paid for it on ebay I feel… Read Full Review

Lexmark X63

“Better off as a boat anchore then a printer. Stay...”

Written on: 12/02/2008 by mrkyp (1 review written)

Better off as a boat anchore then a printer. Stay away will cause you nothing but grief… Read Full Review

Lexmark X63

“After installing and uninstalling the Lexmark X63...”

Written on: 16/12/2005 by slamchopss (1 review written)

After installing and uninstalling the Lexmark X63 multifunction printer approximately 5 times, reading reviews and troubleshooting forums on the web, and trying to have a serious talk with the X63, I'm of the belief that it is not a printer at all, but a government conspiracy to test BS electronic equipment out on unsuspecting ulcer candidates, and the effects there of. Either that or it's leftover scraps in a vain attempt by Lexmark to create the Frankenstein of printers. Good in theory, but… Read Full Review

Bellini's Response to slamchopss's Review

Written on: 10/03/2006

Bought a Lexmark X63 from Sam's Club. It worked fine for the first few times. Then suddenly the port was always busy,or the computer couldn't communicate with the printer. Called Lexmark, spoke to some people somewhere in Pakistan. Lexmark replaced the X63 twice. I continued to have the same problems. I begged them to let me pay the difference and get a better working model, because I read on the net that they had ceased production of this model due to complaints of malfunction. They refused to let me pay any additional money to have a better working model. Now the warranty has run out. I don't know who or where to turn to, as I'm stuck with a piece of junk. Nothing Lexmark for me anymore.

Lexmark X63

“At £20 for an ink cartridge, I've decided I won't be...”

Written on: 09/04/2005 by simone10 (1 review written)

At £20 for an ink cartridge, I've decided I won't be buying another for this useless machine (Lexmark X63) known as a printer. I don't know why its called a printer as it rarely does any printing on account of all the error messages it generates. On a good day (which is rare)if I'm lucky it will print when I command it to but I can't rely on it. I find myself emailing documents to myself at work to print elsewhere… Read Full Review

Lexmark X63

“Frustrations all the way with this Lexmark X63 - a...”

Written on: 24/03/2005 by Luis Lopez (1 review written)

Frustrations all the way with this Lexmark X63 - a real junk printer.
    I started to have the following messages when wanted to print. "Print device busy, try again later" after expending most of the time on my own and Lexmark tech support trying to solve the problem. The printer doesn't print anymore because of the same message not even their tech support have been able to solve this problem, if they do it, the problems would come back again. I do not recommend this junk all in one printer at… Read Full Review

Lexmark X63

“I Could not get all functions of my Lexmark X63 to...”

Written on: 09/11/2004 by bettyscruffytwo (1 review written)

I Could not get all functions of my Lexmark X63 to work at any one time. Spent many frustating hours and when I finally got fed up, got no help from company with exchange. Fortunately, Sam's Club made good on an exchange. Would not recommend… Read Full Review

Greeneyes's Response to bettyscruffytwo's Review

Written on: 03/03/2005

I have spent way too much time trying to figure the Lexmark X63 out, following instructions to the teeth. Uninstalling in an effort to reinstall just doesn't work either! It is pretty bad when you spend good money for a multi-function printer and the only thing that works is the Fax mode! Bye bye Lexmark!

Lexmark X63

“I would STRONGLY discourage anyone from buying a...”

Written on: 27/01/2004 by sybille (1 review written)

I would STRONGLY discourage anyone from buying a Lexmark X63 multifunction printer. We have had nothing but grief with this printer from day one.

Neither the seller, Dell Canada, nor the maker, seemed to be very knowledgeable about the various symptoms, and error messages received.
    We went through troubleshooting sessions under one single reference (case) number, that took in excess of 10 hours.
    Neither of the techies got to the heart of the matter, namely the fact that it was neither a… Read Full Review

Bettyscruffytwo's Response to sybille's Review

Written on: 02/02/2004

I have worked hard to give up cursing and for the major part of 10 years I have succeeded until I got the X63 from Lexmark. I am a full time internet student and I have had so much grief my spouse and children are trying to bring a lawsuit for all the stress I've had with this printer/fax/copy machine. I have got it to work partially at times but it seems to know when I really need to use it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times today. Still getting Error message. I see that this printer was discontinueed in Jan 'o3. I bought it in May 'o3 from Sam's club.

Kindly Wise's Response to sybille's Review

Written on: 08/11/2004

My Lexmark X63 came from CostCo in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and worked fine with my IBM Inspirati PC until 14 days after the warranty ran out! Then the contact image sensor on the scanner/fax aspect of the machine ceased to function.
    <br>
    <br>The machine being off warranty, I e-mailed Lexmark to ask if I could buy a replacement part (me being handy with such repairs). I was told that I would have to take it in for repairs at a minimum cost of $65 CA, since Lexmark North America only receives and distributes the complete machine.
    <br>
    <br>The contact image sensor is distributed by LITEON Semiconductor, which is a subsidiary of a Chinese manufacturer. LITEON and their masters did not reply at all to my repeated e-mails.
    <br>
    <br>If anyone can direct me to a source for CIS's for the Lexmark X63, I'll be surprized and delighted. Meanwhile, my kids are using the former multifunction unit as a printer (it still does that pretty well) and I have switched to Brother for my fax / scanning needs.
    <br>Kindly Wise

Judyndskies's Response to sybille's Review

Written on: 30/08/2004

I too bought this Lexmark 63 disaster machine. I bought it Dec. 2002 and it was withdrawn Jan 2003. I have called tech. support repeatedly and they should have told me before my warranty ran out that this was a faulty machine. Now, I, like several others am stuck with this machine. I think the company should be responsible and replace or refund our money for this piece of junk.

Maddoguk2's Response to sybille's Review

Written on: 05/08/2004

Aha, somebody else with problems. Probably the worse printer on the market. After spending 2 hours getting the settings and installing the software, I tried to print from Word. Big joke, my Son just fell over laughing when he saw the message. Just said 'The device is busy, please try later' What was it doing? I thought it may be the telephone line so I disconnected it. Same message. I have now given up with this useless piece of junk and I have now got a HP which got working within 5 minutes of taking it out of the box.

161763_Hrhill's Response to sybille's Review

Written on: 10/07/2004

The Lexmark X63 has to be the biggest piece of junk I have ever purchased. From day one it has not worked. I've installed uninstalled it several times with no luck. I've had a pro visit my house to figure out what was wrong and he said it was an internal conflict with the software and hardware. What a piece of junk.

Mgl02178's Response to sybille's Review

Written on: 10/04/2004

This machine does not do anything well: poor scanner, poor copier, it sends faxes but it does not tell you if it did send or not - often does not send. I have given hope to be able to receive a fax because it just won't. Also did I forget to say that it is the slowest printer I have ever seen.
    <br>Just buy anything else, in addition the maker of this machine just does not care about your problems.
    <br>Lucky I purchased it at Costco and they were happy to take it back for another machine.

Lexmark X63

“Generally the Lexmark X63 is a good all in one printer...”

Written on: 15/02/2003 by jacslem. (1 review written)

Generally the Lexmark X63 is a good all in one printer apart from the problem with scanning small pictures, but good value for money at £80… Read Full Review