Canon MVX2i Reviews

• Battery Life

Canon MVX2i - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon MVX2i

Canon MVX2i

“Generaly, the Canon MVX2i camera is of good design and...”

Written on: 04/05/2009 by Hamids (2 reviews written)

Generaly, the Canon MVX2i camera is of good design and meets all of my needs. The picture quality on my widescreen plasma TV is almost equal to broadcast quality.

However, I too had to put up with the noise from the internals.

I would have liked to have a thread for screw-in filters and an attachment shoe for things like external microphone or lamp… Read Full Review

“BEWARE the motor noise on the Canon MVX2i is VERY BAD...”

Written on: 20/12/2004 by snapperalan (1 review written)

BEWARE the motor noise on the Canon MVX2i is VERY BAD in certain situations. If used outdoors with plenty of background noise then the motor noise will be hardly noticeable, but if you're trying to shoot a quiet scene you have NO CHANCE. The noise is horrendous.
Anyone who has the MVX2i and is stuck with it there is an answer. SONY make a microphone that's small and can attach to the strap of the camcorder, this gets rid of the noise, but looks rubbish and you have to remember to switch it on… Read Full Review

253296_Micmax's Response to 180064_snapperalan's Review

Written on: 30/07/2006

yes motor noise is a real problem with the MV2i, you really have to use an external mic, if you want to shoot silent or with external mic it is fine, if you need an inbuilt mic look elsewhere.

“Of all the reviews I have read, the motor noise...”

Written on: 09/01/2004 by Craig2004 (1 review written)

Of all the reviews I have read, the motor noise appears to be everyones problem. However, I must say that the Canon MVX2i that I purchased from Jessops is as silent as a stalking cat. The picture quality is excellent. I can't think of anything to let me criticise this camcorder.

If you are looking for a small camcorder, this in my book is the best you can get (at present)… Read Full Review

“I have to totally disagree with all the other reviews...”

Written on: 25/08/2003 by lucypops (1 review written)

I have to totally disagree with all the other reviews of the Canon MVX2i. I have just videoed a friends wedding and am thoroughly impressed with the results and had no problem with the sound. I would recommend this camera… Read Full Review

216583_Quinaux's Response to lucypops's Review

Written on: 09/11/2005

I have MVX2i since November 2002 and I am quite happy with it, and have no sound problem in still conditions. Furthermore, nobody mentions the optical stabilisator as a main advantage of this camera. Nowadays, no camescope has it although it is the best way for stabilisize picture. years of extensive use without problems. What other camera could be better!!

☆☆☆☆☆

“I just bought the MVX2i from Canon and this is the...”

Written on: 13/02/2003 by G*Zu$. (1 review written)

I just bought the MVX2i from Canon and this is the impression it left behind. First of all the camera looks great! It's got all the features and inputs/outputs that you need and alot of the various functions can be remotely controlled. The rotating grip is not as practical as they want you to believe (I found it bulky) and the zoom button is a little hard to reach. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test the camera thoroughly since it only took me about 20 minutes to figure out that it was… Read Full Review

Real_Skydiver.'s Response to 72685_G*Zu$.'s Review

Written on: 25/06/2003

Thanks man for your review. I was just aiming at this cam when I red your articel. So far I've testet the Sony DCR-PC120, awefull picture quality - Sony say's it's , anything elso ok. Then I tried the Panasonic GS-70 (3xCCD), awesome picture in bright daylight, as soon as it get's a bit darker (e.g. in a room) the video get's really noisy - awefull 'night shot' funktionallity - awefull metallic audio quality as well. Both cams have being returned to the dealer. Honestly, I don't know which model to take ... but I do need one because my son grows and grows ... :-))
<br>Sincerly

Violentken's Response to 72685_G*Zu$.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2006

The camera does seem to have a problem with slight lines at the edges of objects, but I have had no trouble from motor noise at all while the camera is filming. Anyway, I won mine in a guess how many sweets is the jar competition at the NEC, so i'm happy and have recived full value for money.

Camera Prob's Response to 72685_G*Zu$.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2003

I bought mvx2i as well and again without checking beore hand.
<br>I am not too much bothered by the motor noise , but i agree that to some it can be a problem.
<br>
<br>The problem i am getting is that on all straight (linear) objects i get this shimmering/flickering effect when playing back directly to television either diectly or after burning on dvd or vcd, i have tried all different settings and still no joy .
<br> I have tried different digital camera models and do not get the same effect.
<br> The manufacturer says there is nothing wrong with the camcorder, but this is due to the high resolution of this model?????????????
<br> Otherwise, this camera has eevery feature that one could desire and the colours are unbeatable by alot of the new digital cameras i have tried.
<br>
<br>ALL WHITE OBJECTS LIKE FOR EXAMPLE, DOUBLE GLAZED WINDOW EDGES, SILVER /CHROME LININGS ON CARS ETC, - THE EDGES SHINE AND FLICKER SOOO MUCH THAT IT BECOMES IRRITATING TO THE EYE, WHEN YOU PLAY DV RECORDING FROM THE CAMCORDER DIRECTLY TO THE TELEVISION.
<br>
<br>I have tried it with brand new televisions in the stores and same problem.
<br>
<br>I have also tried the lens filters for uv ligt etc, still same probem and the problem is also apparent indoors too.
<br>
<br>If anyone has the mvx2i and has same shimmering problem on edges of linear objects ( i do not mean triangular pixalting effect)please post a short message here to comfirm that it is a fault on this particular model.
<br>
<br>i would be grateful for any feedback