Horace Andy, The Prime of Horace Andy Reviews

18. Natural mystic
19. Better collie
20. Riding for a fall

Horace Andy, The Prime of Horace Andy

“I don't remember how I get it, but it was surely some...”

Written on: 06/04/2008

I don't remember how I get it, but it was surely some good friend. "The Prime of Horace Andy: 20 classic cuts from the 70's" is exactly that: a collection of Andy's finest stuff with the classic 70's analog sound. And thanks for this, because this CD captures the essence of what has made Horace Andy a legend. Listening to thia, you can guess why Massive Attack wanted him to sing for them records. Beautiful, melancholic songs, along with social and religious issues. If you like roots reggae and… Read Full Review

Horace Andy, The Prime of Horace Andy

“I don't remember how I get it, but it was surely some...”

Written on: 06/04/2008 by Oscar Nawel (1 review written)

I don't remember how I get it, but it was surely some good friend who gave it to me. "The Prime of Horace Andy: 20 classic cuts from the 70's" is exactly that: a collection of Andy's finest stuff with the classic 70's analog sound. And thanks God (or Jah!) for this, because this CD captures the essence of what has made Horace Andy a legend. The sound is not overproduced, just the raw beauty of the music. It doesn't mean bad sound: on the contrary, is a very warm album. You can clearly hear the… Read Full Review