Thomson DTI1000 Reviews

Thomson DTI1000 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Thomson DTI1000

Thomson DTI1000

“Overall my Thomson DTI1000 is not a bad digi box - but...”

Written on: 10/06/2008 by bodger1946 (1 review written)

Overall my Thomson DTI1000 is not a bad digi box - but don't loose the remote control as a lot of the functions cannot be accessed from the sets front panel.
I use mine to feed a TV capture card in my PC via the RF output and the scart output goes to the Phillips DVD recorder or my EMTEC 500GB media cube… Read Full Review

Thomson DTI1000

“I've had this product now for over a year and I have...”

Written on: 14/03/2005 by Marco Polo (1 review written)

I've had this product now for over a year and I have to say that it's grown on me.
Initially I had problems with the original format. It didn't like the VCR we had and interfered with the play back of tapes. It had a restricted TV menu which showed "now and next". At the time of purchasing the model I felt I had paid too much for it.
I have to say that I'm glad we stuck with it. A firmware update cured all the old problems and provided us with a very useful freeview box. My daughter gets to… Read Full Review

Awm's Response to Marco Polo's Review

Written on: 22/09/2005

Not had the problem with batteries. Could be that this was caused by pressing the stb button (accidently) which switches the remote to another mode. Press the stb button again to 'unfreeze' it.

Thomson DTI1000

“People who rely on subtitles are advised to stay away...”

Written on: 05/11/2004 by slater45 (2 reviews written)

People who rely on subtitles are advised to stay away from the Thomson DTI1000 box because it won't give interactive services at all when the subtitles are activated.

If you want red-button services you have to turn the subtitle service off. Useless, eh?… Read Full Review

Thomson DTI1000

“FREEVIEW SERVICE/ DIGITAL TV ”

Written on: 09/08/2004 by inycon2 (1 review written)

FREEVIEW SERVICE/ DIGITAL TV

You may already have access to digital TV or have seen adverts for it on your normal analogue service. For those not yet aware, Freeview is a digital TV service which gives you access, free of charge, to over 30 TV channels and radio stations. The most popular channels are BBC3, BBC4, ITV2 - extra football, CBBC - childrens channel for over 5s, CBeebies - childrens channel for under 5s. Other channels available include ones for auctions, travel, gardening, radio… Read Full Review

Academychancellor's Response to inycon2's Review

Written on: 26/12/2005

My Thompson DTI 100 also tends to freeze after being left switched on for few day's. The box can be reset by switching the power off and on, but this is very annoying would not purchase this model again.

Thomson DTI1000

“I got off to a good start with setup on my Thomson...”

Written on: 24/11/2003 by Busman (2 reviews written)

I got off to a good start with setup on my Thomson DTI1000 DVB. Picture and sound quality very good. Found that box would not respond to handset and could only be cured by switching box off at mains. The program identification for the channels frequently got muddled up. Channel 4 RF out had strange noise bars that could not be fixed by changing RF output frequency, or re-routing cables. Ended up taking it back and changing it for a Sony VTX800U, which has not given any trouble at all… Read Full Review

Thomson DTI1000

“I have had one of these units for about 2 months now &...”

Written on: 25/06/2003 by gary259. (1 review written)

I have had one of these units for about 2 months now & can recommend that they perform very well.

Auto setup works a treat & seemed well though out. Channels are automatically sorted & user defined favourites can be easily chosen. The OSD & menu options are quite comprehensive & also easy to use.

Like most other units, it is a single tuner version so it should be made clear that you can only watch or record one digital channel at a time. There is no problem viewing analogue whilst recording… Read Full Review

Thomson DTI1000

“I am not a Stranger to Set Top Boxes having Bought a...”

Written on: 25/05/2003 by brian. (1 review written)

I am not a Stranger to Set Top Boxes having Bought a ON-Digital Box when it was first released - long before they started giving them away.

I now have four Boxes - Phillips - Goodmans - Panasonic { Rubbish } and the latest is a Thomson DTI1000.

I was lucky to buy it During the Argos Special offer - £72 On Sale until Monday 26 May.

It has everything anyone would require - Note Software is the 2.1 version.

A Ten Event Timer which even allows you to Record Subtitles if Desired.

Seeing the… Read Full Review

Thomson DTI1000

“I just got this Thomson DTI1000 receiver from Comet...”

Written on: 02/02/2003 by Hirsty. (1 review written)

I just got this Thomson DTI1000 receiver from Comet for the kind sum of £99.95, Very nice and well made, the first thing that strikes me is the lack of a scart cable or a aerial cable - this is tight in my opinion as most other manufacturers seem to supply them.

Connectivity.

This is very good, there is:

() Mains (8) Input
() Stereo Phono Outputs
() VCR Scart
() TV Scart
() Mouse Connector (optional)
() RF Loop-through
() Aerial In

On initial power up the auto setup doesn't start… Read Full Review

70171_Dan.'s Response to 69923_Hirsty.'s Review

Written on: 03/02/2003

Accurate as ever Hirsty :D

Ray F's Response to 69923_Hirsty.'s Review

Written on: 14/08/2003

I agree - very good and now only £80 at Richer Sounds. Hoever it does not come with a scart cable as someone mentioned before, maybe that was a special offer.

103437_Stig.'s Response to 69923_Hirsty.'s Review

Written on: 02/06/2003

Hmm, good spec. but poor software. My box will regularly 'hang' if I press the remote buttons in quick succession, it also 'loses' text occasionally. Both bugs require pulling the power lead. :(
<br>
<br>The timer isn't always reliable either, see:
<br>http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/t/55777/ds.html
<br>
<br>I should have forked out the extra for a Nokia...

97584_John.'s Response to 69923_Hirsty.'s Review

Written on: 13/05/2003

Not a comment but a question. Does anyone know what the "NAVILIGHT SYSTEM" is as printed on the remote control?. There is no specific mention of it in the instruction manual.

Dannyt.'s Response to 69923_Hirsty.'s Review

Written on: 30/04/2003

<br>I have just collected my Thomson DTI1000 receiver and to my surprise there was a scart lead included. It seems some suppliers are looking are their customers. You know it make sense.

78858_Steve.'s Response to 69923_Hirsty.'s Review

Written on: 10/03/2003

The box now comes with an RF modulator as well, tuneable between channels 21 and 69 (also a modulator off setting).