Acoustic Solutions DS 535 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Acoustic Solutions DS 535 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Acoustic Solutions DS 535

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“I bought this system in Argos a good few years ago...”

Written on: 13/06/2010

I bought this system in Argos a good few years ago now. I believe I paid £89.99. I was on the search for a 5.1 surround system with an optical audio input. This was cheapest with said connection, anything else was between £150 and upwards of £200.

But I got a whole lot more than I bargained for. A LOT more. On top of Optical Audio, it has Standard Stereo Phono Left and Right (Aux) and Coaxial Audio inputs.

Then, you have Dolby Digital and DTS sound modes which auto detect through the… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“My son recommended this to me and bought it for my...”

Written on: 03/11/2007 by angie james (1 review written)

My son recommended this to me and bought it for my birthday and I am really pleased with the sound and easy installation… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“The Acoustic Solutions DS 535 home cinema amplifier is...”

Written on: 05/01/2006 by tactileman (6 reviews written)

The Acoustic Solutions DS 535 home cinema amplifier is a very good piece of kit for the money. Just beware of the remote control… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“An introduction to Home Cinema for me and I am very...”

Written on: 27/01/2005 by eoineo (1 review written)

An introduction to Home Cinema for me and I am very happy with it to date. One problem though -after just over a year of constant use, my remote has died. The battery is still fine but the unit just will not respond.

Anyone any idea where I can buy a replacement remote control? Can't find one anywhere on the web… Read Full Review

185255_Rickrick's Response to eoineo's Review

Written on: 13/03/2005

I had the exact same problem, and I found a site on the web which supplied replacements. One catch... at the time I couln't buy it, I'm a student with no Job, I was skint, and so I left it. But now I can afford it (if I remember correctly it was only £9.99!) and I can't find the site! Of course, I will post if I find it. Sorry this was no help whatsoever.

Mikey2000's Response to eoineo's Review

Written on: 27/09/2005

Hi, I have the same problem, I phoned the acoustic solutions helpline 08712307747, and they helped me.

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“I have been looking for a while for a good surround...”

Written on: 06/01/2005 by Artist (4 reviews written)

I have been looking for a while for a good surround sound without having to pay the earth for it. I saw Acoustic Soloutions in Argos but I was reluctant to buy because I had not heard of them before (I should have known better after buying unknown BUT GOOD stuff in the past)anyway I came across this site with good comments on the Acoutic Soloutions DS 535 but when I looked in the catalouge there was another model the DS633 which looked like it had more power (100w instead of 75w). I got this… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“After reading the reviews on this page I figured what...”

Written on: 04/06/2004 by anfield1 (1 review written)

After reading the reviews on this page I figured what the hell? Its got to be worth a try for £100 you couldn't go wrong. I thought I'd have a look at kelkoo.com just in case anyone was shifting it cheaper and to my amazement I found www.netelectrics.biz were selling it for around £60 plus a couple of quid for postage. I never really thought I'd be able to justify spending my hard earned on a surround sound system (and when I say I couldn't I obviously mean the wife couldn't!!). But she let… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“I bought this Acoustic Solutions DS535 system for...”

Written on: 27/01/2004 by pritch (5 reviews written)

I bought this Acoustic Solutions DS535 system for £89.99 from Argos, as have many of the other reviewers. Perhaps more unusually I bought it for our bedroom as a supplement for those cold nights when we would rather go to bed and watch a movie than stay downstairs with the main system. As I was, and still am, thinking about getting a really good home cinema system for downstairs, I figured this one would make a good entry-level, test-the-waters choice. It's left me wondering if I really need… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“Only had these Acoustic Solutions DS535 speakers for a...”

Written on: 29/12/2003 by paulrainger (1 review written)

Only had these Acoustic Solutions DS535 speakers for a bit and am really pleased. Except when I select the coaxial or optical button (tried both) to watch a DVD, I get a high pitched whistling noise from the five speakers. Cant really hear it when movie is on, except when a quiet bit in the film comes on. Has anyone else experienced this?… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“Bought this Acoustic Solutions DS535 system now the...”

Written on: 26/11/2003 by Simon Laland (1 review written)

Bought this Acoustic Solutions DS535 system now the DS-533 for £89.99 fron Argos after reading other reviews on review centre and other sites.

It appears to have been upgraded to 90 watts output (on box) from the advertised 75 watts and the speakers ar different from the picture on both Argos & Acoustic solution's websites, with the centre speaker being the same size & shape as the others.

I must say i bought it thinking if its cheap crud then i could take it back under the 14 day Argos… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“A new DVD prompted purchase. Had an LG stereo/dvd b4,...”

Written on: 11/11/2003 by 8paul2 (1 review written)

A new DVD prompted purchase. Had an LG stereo/dvd b4, thats now in the bedroom ! The Acoustic Solutions DS535 system rocks ! Easy to set-up, far more flexibility with the speaker settings and where you can place the sound. DVD, Video, TV and Tuner all put out clear crisp sound with just the right balance of bass.Looks cool..sounds great.. TOP purchase !!!… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“All in all a great system for the money but only fell...”

Written on: 08/11/2003 by member (1 review written)

All in all a great system for the money but only fell short when reaching full volume at 1 am due to remote clash. If you have a sony dvp-f25 and have not had remote clash let me know because acoustic solutions have never had this problem before… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“Bought from Argos for £89.99 great quality for the...”

Written on: 17/08/2003 by Bamo (1 review written)

Bought from Argos for £89.99 great quality for the price. A lot louder than I thought it would be. Great sound from all the speakers. Hooked it up to the TV, comes with Phono leads .
Dolby digital with DVD , Pro Logic with TV.
Unless you have hands the size of shovels you should have no problems with the remote.
Wish I'd bought these a long time ago.
If you haven't got Dolby Digital and want something affordable,with great quality this could be right up your street… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“OK, so this is what Acoustic Solutions does - makes...”

Written on: 14/07/2003 by Blackmarket. (1 review written)

OK, so this is what Acoustic Solutions does - makes cheap bits of kit. This stuff basically does the job of your general hi-fi and home cinema equipment, but costs about 10 times less.
How do they do this? They make it 10 times worse.

This system has Dolby Digital decoding, as well as various DSP modes, optical and digital inputs, and a plain old analogue stereo input.
I like these inputs, as they give you the opportunity of connecting your TV, DVD, video, or pretty much anything if you… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“Only have had the SD 533 for 3 days now and have...”

Written on: 09/07/2003 by roonney. (1 review written)

Only have had the SD 533 for 3 days now and have managed to watch 'Con Air' 'Attack of the Clones' & 'Lord of the Rings' only to realize i had to set my Audio options on me dvd player to 5.1....... and so far seems great for the price… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“crisp centre, clear front channel, clear surrounds and...”

Written on: 10/05/2003 by paul. (1 review written)

crisp centre, clear front channel, clear surrounds and decent bass from sub...reasonably controlled and quite good steering of sound...for £100 quid...cant go wrong… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“I bought this system and have been generally pleased...”

Written on: 22/03/2003 by gjl. (1 review written)

I bought this system and have been generally pleased with the quality when playing dvds, but find that the front 3 speakers tend to distort (crackle) quite a bit when put the TV or music out of the system. Anyone else have this problem?… Read Full Review

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“After reading Wozzas review and not wishing to spend...”

Written on: 10/02/2003 by Nightshift. (1 review written)

After reading Wozzas review and not wishing to spend hundreds on surround sound i decided to try this out. Easy to set up and install What a difference!!! Clones sounds great and as for Pearl Harbour.......WOW. As soon as it's turned on the dog bolts out the door. To echo Wozza it's well worth 100 notes even if the remote is a bit flimsy… Read Full Review

Gjl.'s Response to 71872_Nightshift.'s Review

Written on: 22/03/2003

Acoustic Solutions DS 535

“I've been looking to upgrade to Dolby Digital for...”

Written on: 24/01/2003 by Wozza. (1 review written)

I've been looking to upgrade to Dolby Digital for ages, but couldn't justify some of the prices that have been around for the amount of use I would get out of a Home cimema. Spotted this Acoustic Solutions DS535 home cinema system for under 100 notes and thought I'd give it a try. Bought from Argos, I had the 16 day return option if it was bad.

Got it home, everything that I needed was in the box. Easy to follow instructions, tried out the THX Optimiser on Attack of the Clones to make sure… Read Full Review

76502_Simon.'s Response to 67751_Wozza.'s Review

Written on: 01/03/2003

I haven't seen the speakers for myself but am very interested in buying them, but need to know something and this seems like the only place i can think of to do that!
<br>Can the system be connected up to the TV so that I get the nice sound one tv films and stuff as well as with DVD's? Thanks a lot

Benjaminbappu's Response to 67751_Wozza.'s Review

Written on: 25/11/2003

I got the system a few months ago from Argos too. Everything worked perfect, until the remote suddenly failed a few days ago! Strangely only the first two rows of the remote doesn't function and the rest are fine. This means no mute, power off, input select etc! The support team's line is always busy. :( I need a replacement remote urgently! If only they had manual functions for emergencies.

Blackmarket's Response to 67751_Wozza.'s Review

Written on: 18/08/2003

Plenty of high-end equipment uses a similar kind of titchy little remote, but considering there's zero controls actually on the unit here, it's not too clever if you lose it...

95580_Paul.'s Response to 67751_Wozza.'s Review

Written on: 07/05/2003

Bought this system at the weekend .. from Argos and you'd have to fight me to get me to take it back .. Great value for money. As others have seaid the remote is terrible !!! .. but apart from that TOP marks

Capsule.'s Response to 67751_Wozza.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2003

Yup i fully agree! system cannot be beaten but the remote is rubbish!!

82322_Geoff.'s Response to 67751_Wozza.'s Review

Written on: 23/03/2003

I've just bought this setup - also from Argos, still £99.99. Brilliant build quality at this price, and excellent value for money.
<br>
<br>It's actually called DS 533 (not 535!)
<br>
<br>Pic and brief spec available at acousticsolutions.co.uk

76737_Wozza.'s Response to 67751_Wozza.'s Review

Written on: 02/03/2003

The system allows Optical, Coaxial and phono connections. So while it will provide 5.1 from DVD, if you also hook up the phono leads you can get pro-logic from your TV or VCR.
<br>
<br>It also has a number of sound effects including Hall, cinema ect allowing you to even taylor a bod-standard stereo or even mono output.I have had this is place for a few weeks now, and have not been disappointed in any way. (The remotes still crud though)