Renault 19 16v Phase 1 Reviews

• Reliability

Renault 19 16v Phase 1 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Renault 19 16v Phase 1

“renault 19 16v”

Written on: 19/01/2013 by philsmythe (1 review written)

my son owns a Renault 16 unfortunately he now lives in Australia but his faithful Renault is still here and running it has a leather interior alloy wheels and a significant exhaust, if there are any enthusiasts or people looking for parts we will sell the car rather than it rust away. call 07973669782 if interested. thanksL… Read Full Review

“Bought a 1 owner 124k fsh, phase 1 hatch of an old boy...”

Written on: 22/08/2008

Bought a 1 owner 124k fsh, phase 1 hatch of an old boy last week. Always been an astra gte man but this is a real eye opener - great power and superb handling (however does let go right on the limit). Absolutely thrashed the life out of it for about ten days now and have had a grin like the joker since.
Easy way to get points on the old licence. Rev happy, great gearbox - not sure of the power but plenty fast enough on the a to b roads.
With redtops getting expensive these I'm sure are the next… Read Full Review

“Well if ever there was a car that everyone should own...”

Written on: 06/01/2007 by bmw e30 (21 reviews written)

Well if ever there was a car that everyone should own then this is it. I had a Clio 16v a year or so before this so I knew the engine well enough (I did a head gasket change on the Clio). I bought mine with a blown head gasket and so as I'd already done one I knew what was involved. Easy enough to do with much more space than the clio engine bay. I had a white phase 1 with 85,000 miles. A careful previous owner and in standard form. At the end of my ownership the gearbox just had the start of a… Read Full Review

“My Renault 19 GTXS 1.4 is very nippy about 75 mph in...”

Written on: 10/09/2005 by fasteddybabes (1 review written)

My Renault 19 GTXS 1.4 is very nippy about 75 mph in 3rd and so with K & N filter sounds awesome. Just eats clutch cables, mates laughed at first, now loving it and will soon when 2 litre turbo goes under bonnet… Read Full Review

Tomos's Response to fasteddybabes's Review

Written on: 01/01/2006

hello musk, how is a 1.4 nippy, it must eat clutch cables with the sheer power it developes, happy new year.

“I have owned two renault 19 16v chamade a phase 1 and...”

Written on: 09/03/2005 by gregg002 (1 review written)

I have owned two renault 19 16v chamade a phase 1 and a phase 2. The phase 1 was a more powerful car and had better body work. Well recomended, buy one and enjoy a fast sporty family car with lots of space and nice leather seats… Read Full Review

“I've had my Renault 19 16v Phase 1 Chamade for about...”

Written on: 24/08/2004 by HaboMaster (1 review written)

I've had my Renault 19 16v Phase 1 Chamade for about four months now, the only problems I've had is that the head gasket was half-blown when I bought it. Otherwise it is an excellent car, everyone of my friends think it has the best seats even compared to a -99 Merc SLK. Now the car is coming together again I can't wait to drive it! ;)… Read Full Review

“I was always very intrigued by the Renault 19 16v...”

Written on: 15/03/2004 by samm (4 reviews written)

I was always very intrigued by the Renault 19 16v Phase 1 as it was so cheap and looks cool. But after test driving one that a friend of mine owned (convertible version) that was in mint condition with just 50k on the clock I was very let down. You really have to boot it to make it go, the handling is bad (although it was a convertible) and the gearbox is horrible. In the end I opted for my 205 1.9 with full exhaust system and manifold, Piper X air filter and ecotec valve. My car is now so loud… Read Full Review

Bidderman1969's Response to samm's Review

Written on: 18/10/2006

The convertible version of the Renault 19 really isn't the car to judge on, especially against the 205 GTi is it really? Try a 3 door one instead. Much better than the ph2's as any genuine fan will tell you. You might be surprised.

“I brought a Renault 19 16v phase 1 for £150. when I...”

Written on: 08/01/2004 by sharpy2490 (2 reviews written)

I brought a Renault 19 16v phase 1 for £150. when I first got in the car I was lovin it blowing round the streets at 60 its amazing. In this car you can easily please a crowd (if you have got the skils) 17inch rims Evo bonnet and spoiler its all good. ITS AWESOME… Read Full Review

270335_Herb2578's Response to sharpy2490's Review

Written on: 11/12/2006

A few years back I was looking for a Renault 19. I test drove a few, and realised at the time my Clio RSi 1.8 8v was a lot quicker. It is a totally overrated car, unless on a tight budget, but you can pick up an RSi cheaper.

“The Renault 19 16v phase 1 handled great as i had mine...”

Written on: 10/12/2003 by messydan (1 review written)

The Renault 19 16v phase 1 handled great as i had mine lowered, i think its a must as the standard height was OTT.
I drove mine very hard all of the 8months i had it, took the thrashing well but things started to go wrong. Changed the driveshafts and bearings and were off to thrashing about again.
2 gearbox failures, well i snapped the diff in the first gearbox but performing sitting ducks but the downfall was you should hit the limiter in reverse and then slam it onto 1st, nonono..
2nd gearbox… Read Full Review

“I have a Renault 19 16V hatch. Nice power to turn...”

Written on: 03/09/2003 by shots29 (1 review written)

I have a Renault 19 16V hatch. Nice power to turn females on or make men excited when being driven. I have a few expensive problems, bearings and electrical… Read Full Review

See next 10 reviews Showing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews

“Excellent bad boy style. I own a Renault 19 16V...”

Written on: 21/05/2003 by Jake. (1 review written)

Excellent bad boy style. I own a Renault 19 16V chamade and really do drive it extremely hard. Ive had it about five months now and the probs I have occured are 1) Pipe from the cylinder head to the water expansion tank and coroded from the inside out, so needed replacing. My passenger side wheel bearing has gone and needs replacing but these are only £30 mark. 3)the fan stopped cutting in meaning the engine was running hot, this was due to a weak conection. These cars are quick and have a… Read Full Review

“Had this Renault 19 16v phase 1 three years. Kicked...”

Written on: 24/01/2003 by Babz. (1 review written)

Had this Renault 19 16v phase 1 three years. Kicked the heck out of it just about every A to B I've been and with the only damage occuring in that time being a wheel bearing failure and strut tops breaking (minor and cheap jobs) I have to say this car knows exactly its purpose in life.

Fantastic, I've nicknamed mine "The One" and with decent mods, there's nothing it won't at least keep up with this side of 15 Grand.

PS: I leathered a V6 vectra although Im not sure if the Vectra driver was… Read Full Review

Speedfreak.'s Response to 67737_Babz.'s Review

Written on: 03/07/2003

yes its good i just hope mine will be as quick i have only had mine two weeks and the head gasket gone is it worth keeping.email back speedfreak_457@msn.com