Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software Reviews

• Quality

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“Love it”

Written on: 04/10/2013 by NathanMeo (2 reviews written)

I use Panda Antivirus for a couple years now and must say I really like the software. It is not to expensive and very easy to install. Never had any issue… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“In many ways, having Panda Antivirus run your PC is...”

Written on: 27/07/2010

In many ways, having Panda Antivirus run your PC is like having a virus. Just like the animal whose name it bears, Panda is very slow and hugely resource-needy. Demanding daily updates, the program hijacks your entire CPU (as you're working on it) for 10 minute stretches; and making scans sometimes lasting days in which your PC is entirely unrelinquishable, aloof from the command of cursor or keyboard.

Not only are your PC's resources curtailed under this tyrant, but the lack of autonomy with… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“My Panda Antivirus Titanium 2006 software worked for...”

Written on: 25/03/2006 by cjj2 (1 review written)

My Panda Antivirus Titanium 2006 software worked for two months. The only problem was that it would delete emails it didn't like without asking.
However, after 2 months of use, I started getting "low protection: alerts. When I tried to remedy them, I got error messages. Panda techies keep sending the same boilerplate telling me to remove all traces of Norton etc. from my system. I have done this at least five times. Then, after 6 weeks, another techie asked if I have System Mechanic. I had… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“I wanted to pass on my experience with the Panda...”

Written on: 18/11/2004 by tcomp (1 review written)

I wanted to pass on my experience with the Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software.

When I ordered 2004 Panda Titanium I had a hard time activating it.

Then I received an email with this offer. Just US $9.95 + 1 month's services FREE!
Special offer for Titanium Antivirus 2004 clients.

I tried to order from that offer and wasted a lot of time and could not download. I sent an email that was not responded to.

Then for some hair brained reason I tried again and I guess I was extremely… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“I would advise anyone and everyone from purchasing...”

Written on: 28/05/2004 by dariemon (1 review written)

I would advise anyone and everyone from purchasing Panda Antivirus Titanium Anti Virus Software because I made the mistake of doing so and now i have to get a decent antivirus program just to make up for all the crap that panda put me through. I suggest norton or mcafee.. even pc-cillin..

the program continually reminds you that it's installed and working (no matter how many times you click the "DO NOT REMIND ME EVER AGAIN" button). The auto update feature asks you to continually re-enter your… Read Full Review

Bookaltd's Response to 156890_dariemon's Review

Written on: 19/02/2006

Panda Antivirus (every single one of them) are in general at best, horrible. They, as the person before me said, constantly have popup messages saying that they are working, tell you that you need to update even though you have, tell you that your username and or password are incorrect even though they work on the panda website (yes i had entered them correctly and i know they are case sensitive). The list is endless, it somehow randomly switches to Spanish and the only way to resolve is to reinstall it. If you are lucky, while uninstallling it will manage to take 10mins, it gets stuck at 25% for about 9 of those 10min. It can also randomly come back on the PC even though it is uninstalled. If you try to uninstall again it has some error telling you it cannot find the uninstall file, though the program works fine? Then the only way to get rid of it is to go through a format of the PC or going through the registry and PC to get rid of every single panda file or reference to panda.
<br>The Panda firewall will block even its own updater from the internet and will stop Internet Explorer from accessing the internet as well. You go through the settings to allow them inbound and outbound access and guess what? they already are set to that. You disable it and can browse the net, but panda constantly tells you that the firewall is turned off. Then there is the Web Content Filtering, more like Internet blocker. Normally this program is supposed to stop access to any website without a supervisor password. It works fine, if you had installed it with your own password. Again, Panda somehow miraculously installs this on its own and you can no longer access the net, what's that you say? Yes, you must reinstall it to get it working again. The antivirus will also magically obtain errors which even reinstalls cannot fix. Therefore Panda has now forever been banished from my PC which I had to format because I couldn't uninstall it. Honestly, Panda is pretty much good for nothing unless you want to wreck your enemies' computers or have no access to the net.

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software is a great...”

Written on: 18/03/2004 by Mightymidget (1 review written)

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software is a great piece of software - low cost and effective - it does what it says in the CD. Very effective at cleansing viruses and 2004 version even warns and replaces the text of any infected file. I used Norton and Viruscan and neither managed the job that Panda does… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“Panda Antivirus Titanium is a very good piece of Anti...”

Written on: 12/03/2004 by cola (1 review written)

Panda Antivirus Titanium is a very good piece of Anti Virus software, it is slightly unstable when using at same time as other software so scan on its own

it spotted a bad trojan trojan deltree which if activated wud have detroyed my drive c! i disinfected it. How many of them can do that not many most delete trojans and the file in which it hides!… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“I had Norton 2003. My pc was a mess. virus after...”

Written on: 12/02/2004 by dusted4eva (1 review written)

I had Norton 2003. My pc was a mess. virus after virus. Norton was unable to delete serveral worms. I unistalled Norton then installed Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software trial and Panda not only picked up two viruses on my system that Norton did not and removed them pronto.This saves me hours of mismanage time and effort never mind the reformating to get rid of everything just to be sure the harddisk is clean… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“What can i say? i got fed up with norton because it...”

Written on: 09/02/2004 by Stuart Tinto (1 review written)

What can i say? i got fed up with norton because it was using too many system resources and i was having problems with the activation rubbish in the 2004 version. i tried a trial of Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software and found it to be absolutely brilliant! the install was painless and in no time, i was scanning my system. admittedly i only found one virus, and that was a simple trojan. i have been using it for 3 weeks now and so far, it has prevented about 30 infections from various… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“This is by far the best anti-virus product I have ever...”

Written on: 21/09/2003 by compudog (1 review written)

This is by far the best anti-virus product I have ever used. It uses very few system resources and is totally hands-free. The integrated firewall program is extremely simple to configure and works well… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“I was frustrated with Norton Antivirus letting a virus...”

Written on: 04/09/2003 by gpm (1 review written)

I was frustrated with Norton Antivirus letting a virus in to my computer, and searched for another alternative. After trying out Panda Antivirus Titanium, I liked the interface and decided to install Titanium. I have had two problems with it, the first caused my leftover Norton entries in my registry, and the second one outlined in the Bad Points above. The tech support online (via email) is not as good as a quick phone call to North Carolina. They warn you that you'll be charged after three… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“I have been installing this software on new computers...”

Written on: 20/06/2003 by Stacky. (1 review written)

I have been installing this software on new computers and customers PC's for over 6 months and have not had any problems whatsoever. Except on machines which are already infected, have remnants of old AV software (usually MacAfee or Dr.Solomon which have failed to properly uninstall or on a Packard Bell PC with no uninstall facility!!!), or a PC which is about to fall over on its own accord. Both Panda and Norton are excellent products and do what they advertise. If they don't, it is due to… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“We've installed Panda across our company, approx 150...”

Written on: 16/06/2003 by Dr_Chutney. (1 review written)

We've installed Panda across our company, approx 150 PC's and found it to be an extremely effective anti-virus tool. I even have Panda installed on my home PC. The scheduler doesn't always update daily as it should, but a colleague switched to the Corporate version in XP and it's updating as it should. Can only speak as we find and although Panda was the cheapest we've had less hassle in operation than other anti-virus programs ( for example before Panda, McAfee failed to prevent a bugbear… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“Forget the reviews and take notice of users who have...”

Written on: 22/05/2003 by worldcitizen. (1 review written)

Forget the reviews and take notice of users who have bought this terrible program. I bought it and have had nothing but problems. I have bought Norton 2003 as well as PC-Cillin & PC-Cillin is the BEST by a long shot!

Took FIFTEEN MINUTES to scan a game! Email scanner only works sometimes so you will be sure to get WORMS in your inbox. Heuristic scan destroyed Pest Patrol requiring a reinstall. Both Norton & PC-Cillin scanned the same game in seconds!! ULTRA-FAST SCANNER ???? Hype more like… Read Full Review

Charlie1's Response to worldcitizen.'s Review

Written on: 28/01/2004

This review is so full of it, I don't know where to start.
<br>
<br>I am an Admin with a few years of experience of using both Norton and McAfee. Panda was suggested to me at time of renewal and I was a total sceptic. I thought better the devil you know and all that, not wanting to start the learning process again.
<br>
<br>However, after two years of service, not a single infection has taken place, the number of weird conflicts (that seem to cure themselves once the AV program is disabled) have reduced to virtually none and I would say that the only time I spend managing it is because I can't believe it's gone so long since I did anything without the need for my intervention.
<br>
<br>This is in an environment of 55 users and also many friends and family who now use it at home. I install and run many more programs, including games, then the average user, both at home and at work and have never had a problem that has been caused by Panda.
<br>
<br>I can't recommend them enough and can only assume this unhappy reviewer either had hardware problems or didn't install Panda from a clean system. Mind you, I've uninstalled Norton and installed Panda many times without a hitch.

155404_Nolazabal's Response to worldcitizen.'s Review

Written on: 12/05/2004

This is true about panda, the email scanner is extremely slow makes working with outlook almost impossible. Again I have emailed Tech Support and got not even an acknowledgement of receiving the email. The Antivirus itself is very good but man this outlook scan is the worst.

Worldcitizen's Response to worldcitizen.'s Review

Written on: 06/04/2004

I was only being honest and telling the truth about what happened to me. If telling the truth loses one respect then that is very regrettable.
<br>
<br>The 2 main problems I had were the scanner took 15 minutes to scan the game Black & White so I had to stop scanning and when I had heurisitc scanning on which I wanted to be on, the program deleted ppmemcheck & ppcontrol center which meant I had to re-install Pest Patrol time and again. Also I wanted email infections to be deleted before they got in my inbox but this option was not available.
<br>
<br>I had problems scanning large games and with Pest Patrol being deleted. As well I didn't like the idea of having worms sitting in my inbox. I wanted them deleted before they got on my pc.
<br>
<br>When I emailed my concerns to Panda they referred me to another branch and I had difficulty getting a real live person to respond to my email. It took about 3 days before someone real got back to me. They advertise 24/7 so I was not happy about that at all.
<br>
<br>I'm very sorry that for just relating my real life experiences I get virtually accused of Panda bashing which was not the intention but I was clearly frustrated with the problems and with their tech support and it showed in my review. If a product is so frustrating someone then that does point to some deficiencies either with the program itself or the delay in getting support to the person. If they got back to me in a day or so and helped I would have been much happier but it was at least 3 days before I could find a real live person & Panda were making a big thing of 24/7 tech support in their sales pitches which was 1 of the reasons I bought the program.
<br>
<br>I felt Panda needed to make a few improvements before I would consider it so I recommended to people not to use it from personal experience. People who have had good experiences will recommend otherwise but there are problems on some set-ups with Panda and mine was 1 of them.
<br>
<br>I just wasn't happy with it's overall performance from the scanner to the email interception and tech support. I apologise if I have offended Panda supporters but this was my personal experience with the Panda product.

Janc's Response to worldcitizen.'s Review

Written on: 03/04/2004

I fully agree with worldcitizen.
<br>
<br>The email scanner is VERY SLOW. Today it took me over 30 minutes to pick up 85 emails. I get over 400 emails a day. I'm still trying to sort it out but will have to give up on it.
<br>
<br>There is NO tech support... NONE. I have sent them 4 or 5 emails with no response, filled in forms on their website with no response.
<br>
<br>If it 'neutralizes' a virus the popup window does not go away so your email scan hangs until you close it. This causes your program to timeout leaving your Outlook personal folder corrupted leading to a reboot. (Windows 2000) I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice.
<br>
<br>I've been fighting with this software since January, I'm tired of fighting.
<br>
<br>I would not recommend this product to anyone.
<br>Jan

Antony1's Response to worldcitizen.'s Review

Written on: 11/02/2004

I have to agree completely with Charlie1 on this review. I've used Panda for a year without any problems whatsoever. It's quick, quiet in the background, updates automatically, doesn't slow my system down, doesn't prevent any games from playing, and does what it's supposed to. Only one minor virus in twelve months and Panda knocked it on the head straight away.
<br>
<br>I've only needed support for an admin problem and all it took was one e-mail, auto acknowledged immediately, and the problem was sorted with a helpful reply well within 24 hours.
<br>
<br>A year down the line and licence renewal time came around. For the sake of interest, I tried a trial of PC Cillin and was horrified at how long it took to scan my almost-full 80Gb hard drive - a tortoise-like 75 minutes and mine is a fast system!
<br>
<br>PC Cillin is not only slow, but takes up all my processor power when it's doing a full system scan, so I can't do anything else demanding when it's running.
<br>
<br>Now I can see why my computer supplier stopped supplying PC Cillin and Norton with their systems and went over to Panda instead!
<br>
<br>After the trial of PC Cillin, I'm renewing my Panda licence!

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“Panda Antivirus Titanium was a breeze to install. I...”

Written on: 28/03/2003 by Greg. (1 review written)

Panda Antivirus Titanium was a breeze to install. I just inserted the cd and clicked on install. A few seconds later the software was installed, I registered online and instantly received the latest virus signature file and the very latest update to the program too. I did not even need to reboot my PC before I was scanning my disk drive. Panda found 3 instances of the same virus on my PC which my previous antivirus software had missed… Read Full Review

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“This program caused error pavsrv51.exe and my system...”

Written on: 15/02/2003 by John. (1 review written)

This program caused error pavsrv51.exe and my system failed to respond to normal programs like the internet. I lost most of the functions of my laptop. I had to uninstall. Tech support didnt seem to like you asking for a refund… Read Full Review

Disgusted's Response to 73162_John.'s Review

Written on: 21/08/2003

I hear you brother. Panda, although taunted by Panda as being the equivilent to a cure for AIDS is lacking in many aspects, particularly in their non-existant tech support (or lack of). I had Panda Platinum and when I had problems, being the geek I am, I would send them (Panda's tech support) the exact dialogue from the problem. Cut and pasted it. And they would write back as if I has said nothing and say, do this or that and yet I had explained I had done that. So weeks could go by before I even got an answer. Finally, I would give up and try to find the solution online. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.
<br>
<br>Recently, I tried to upgrade to Panda 7 Platinum from my version 6. Everytime I tried to navigate Panda's site to PURCHASE it, Panda's system refused to recognize my password and user name. I wrote and told tech support how I wanted to PURCHASE the program and was having problems. They didn't respond until I finally called them all bozo's out of sheer frustration. Then they answered and apologized. But when I had problems again, another person from Panda wrote me as if nothing was wrong and basically said that I was trying to upgrade from the wrong verson. You'd think if they were smart enough to find a virus, they'd be smart enough to have an error message come up that says I have a different version. Suffice to say, I told them I'd go elsewhere. I found McAfee, and another technical support disaster. I have Windows XP on a 2gig Dell computer with a 80gig hard disk drive and a gigabyte of ram. Nothing strange, yet McAfee refued to load. When I got on the tech support chat line ( a mere 40 minutes) I was connected to what seemed like a robot. Over and over things were told for me to do that I had already tried. I tried them again. They didn't work. The replies to each message were agonizingly slow. Sometimes minutes went by before the person would respond. I finally gave up and said I wanted to uninstall it. They gave me instructions (because it wouldn't do an automatic install!) that had about 120 entries for me to remove from the registry! Can you believe this?
<br>
<br>You know, I don't know what's worse, the virus companies and their high and mighty we don't care about you attitude once you've bought our duff software, or the virus itself. I'm ready to go and do an Abe Lincoln...go to my hardware store, buy a shovel and a chunk of coal and make that my new computer. Screw this all...

154314_Robinlo's Response to 73162_John.'s Review

Written on: 05/05/2004

For what it's worth, I have also had a bad experience with Panda. I have used Panda Titanium anti-virus on my Windows 98 system for over two years without incident, so I naively assumed that it would be a good alternative to Norton for use on my mother's newer computer, using Windows XP.
<br>
<br>After paying for the software with my credit card and installing it, I attempted unsuccessfully to download updated virus definitions. My mother's computer then crashed, took 20 minutes to restart, and crashed again immediately upon completing the start-up routine.
<br>
<br>It ended up costing her $60 to have someone properly clean up her machine.
<br>
<br>I emailed tech support and received zero response. Since then I have sent emails every second day to Panda's customer service address and have sent faxes to their California office - with zero results.
<br>
<br>This has been very disappointing because their product has done its job for me in the past and, unlike Norton, is completely unobtrusive. But they obviously can't be trusted to support their customers if anything goes wrong.
<br>
<br>It also means that Norton probably has one less rival to worry about in its bid to monopolize the anti-virus market.

Melaglyco's Response to 73162_John.'s Review

Written on: 16/02/2004

I agree. Im not a techee by any means so I decided to take it for what it said it was. I installed and the next thing I know I can't even get to my flaming desktop. I just get this irrating little stupid panda icon and nothing else happens. I'm very upset.

Mke1963's Response to 73162_John.'s Review

Written on: 07/02/2004

I agree and I haven't even received the software yet!!! I paid the $80 for Panda Internet Security and have then spent the rest of the day trolling about their website increasingly frustrated as e-mails bounce back (most e-mail addresses on their website are fictitious), web pages don't load, jumping from confusing web pages to more confusing webpages. It's a fiasco. If I hadn't already paid I would have just gone away. I have made the switch to Panda from the unspeakably bad McAfee (check out their VS8 user forum to see the sheer volume of complaints daily. There's hardly anything RIGHT with that product). After forking out hundreds of dollars to McAfee and never really getting previous versions working properly, I upgraded, it screwed my system, so I dumped them.
<br>Now it looks as if Panda is going to be just as bad.

Panda Antivirus Titanium - Panda Software

“Panda Antivirus Titanium is a handy utility that has a...”

Written on: 11/01/2003 by Drylar. (1 review written)

Panda Antivirus Titanium is a handy utility that has a smaller resource footprint than it's bloated counterparts from larger companies. It's not a very well known antivirus program, so many of the trojans that look for norton or mcaffee miss it when killing processes. It's simple and easy to use, and the lack of tweaking features isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's quite fast by comparision to it's competitors and has found a few that the competitors' newest versions, fully updated still… Read Full Review

98480_Ewolf.'s Response to 64468_Drylar.'s Review

Written on: 16/05/2003

I agree with most of this review, though I have never had to reboot after an update unless it was a upgrade of the whole program.

Packerfan1972's Response to 64468_Drylar.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2004

norton has to reboot after some update to and i had 2003 and i got nothing but worms on my oc norton is juk in my opinon

Packerfan1972's Response to 64468_Drylar.'s Review

Written on: 22/01/2004

norton antivirus makes you reboot after some updates to and i have had nothing but worms get in my pc with norton junk as far as im concerned