Christina Aguilera, Stripped Reviews

3. Walk Away
4. Fighter
5. Infatuation (interlude)
6. Infatuation
7. Loving Me For Me (interlude)
8. Loving Me For Me
19. I’m OK
20. Singing My Song

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Ok, so Stripped is pretty much just a painfully long...”

Written on: 09/08/2005 by meghangrove (7 reviews written)

Ok, so Stripped is pretty much just a painfully long episode of Stars in their Eyes. It's full of stupid little "interludes" - why?! - which just whinge on and on about how "different" and "grown up" she is and how she's "broken the mould". Right... so why is the album just a magnum opus of rip offs? She tries to be cool (unsuccessfully) by getting people such as Lil Kim and Redman to guest in a couple of the songs and begs to be taken seriously with giant self pity fests like "Beautiful"… Read Full Review

Andreag's Response to meghangrove's Review

Written on: 22/12/2006

I'm afraid that it looks like you have been outvoted on this one.
<br/>I agree to some extent that the album does drag at times, but overall I personally think that it is a good album, and some of the tracks are great. I think you have to be a bit of a Christina Aguilera fan though, as her singing style and voice does not suit all out there, and I know my husband would certainly agree with your review.
<br>
<br/>Christina is certainly not his cup of tea, but I do have to say that I do keep the Stripped album in my collection, and it does come out from time to time dependant on my mood.