Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit Reviews

Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit

Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit
Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit

“Vauxhall Nova 1.2 verry good or not ? ”

Written on: 11/10/2011

i am a 15 year old boy learning to be a mechanic i have been so for the last year and a bit and i have came a cross a Vauhall Nova 1.2 needing some work witch i could do like - welding, major service fornt end new lights etc my uncle is also going to repaint it the origanal color white. i like it but what do you think ? it is costing me £200 for the car and it has a brand new exhast so ?… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2012

i cant beleive this. im a 15 year old boy thats just got a 1988 1.2 merit and i also just got a job in a local garage. i say get it !

“My first brand new car bought for $4700 in 1985. Never...”

Written on: 06/09/2010

My first brand new car bought for $4700 in 1985. Never had a minute's trouble with it and was always impressed by the size of the boot considering it was a small car. For some reason never fitted it with a radio in 7 years motoring. Fondest memories… Read Full Review

“Excellent little car for new and old drivers alike -...”

Written on: 27/06/2010 by leepuddifoot (5 reviews written)

Excellent little car for new and old drivers alike - the Nova was one of my first cars and I still drive one to the day.
Amazing what you can squeeze into one of these little babies - a whole weeks camping equipment - 2 bikes on the back plus 3 passengers.
Economical and quite fast at pulling away.
Cheap to maintain, easy DIY, quite a rare car now - some nice modified and standard examples still around.

“i have had my Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit for 3 month now,...”

Written on: 22/06/2009 by novaboy124 (1 review written)

i have had my Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit for 3 month now, when i first got it it looked like a shed i must admit but now it will really turn peoples head, with some nice 16" 5 spoke chrome alloyes, lowerd 20mm, nice spoiler, baby blue, blue rear tinted windows, inside is all blue to match, twin borla exaust, k+n air filter enduction kit, not had 1 problem with this car yet and very good in economical terms, and great off the line 0-60 est 5.7 secs… Read Full Review

“Excellent car for a young person starting to drive in...”

Written on: 02/06/2008 by neesoon (1 review written)

Excellent car for a young person starting to drive in life, economic easy to handle and if he/she some has some with about her a challenge to learn about mechanical engines obviously with some Guidance I wish a long time ago I could have had the oppertunity to take on the challenge and really learn something in my earl years . I came very close with working on an Old Ford 8 under the guidance of the 18 year old owner, a good friend. The Nova is my wifes car and she has owned it over ten years… Read Full Review

“I love the kit on this car. I have one of these and...”

Written on: 11/01/2008

I love the kit on this car. I have one of these and they are so lovely and people underestimate these cars too much… Read Full Review

“I've had my Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit for a month now...”

Written on: 23/08/2006 by benjii (1 review written)

I've had my Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit for a month now and had a 1.8i16v turbo dohc and it flies! I've beaten Subaru's and almost anything on the road. I've modded it all, new spray job to Ferrari Red and new wheels. I love this car!… Read Full Review

“i have had my Nova 1.2I for 3 months and it is now a...”

Written on: 29/03/2006 by igmeaster (1 review written)

i have had my Nova 1.2I for 3 months and it is now a wicked car. It has 15'' alloys, mint seat covers for the whole car, new gear knob, wheel cover, flame pedals, new floor mats,and neon tube on the dashboard.
This car is class and it's my first car and I am not going to get rid of it either… Read Full Review

“My nova is mint.”

Written on: 26/07/2005 by gst (1 review written)

My nova is mint… Read Full Review

“The Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit is my first car, I have...”

Written on: 29/04/2004 by J A Morris (1 review written)

The Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit is my first car, I have only driven it for about two months and I am very happy with it. I had to leave it standing for about a year and a half before I could drive it and it started up each time I went out to it. It also sailed through the M.O.T. because it is light the acceleration is decent… Read Full Review

“I can't believe any of you guys took him seriously! I...”

Written on: 26/11/2003 by Big Chap (1 review written)

I can't believe any of you guys took him seriously! I actually have a Nova GSI and it does have a 2ltr from an Astra GSI (red top) and all the gear, coilovers, digi dash, full asw strengthening kit etc but I didn't build it, it'd have cost me a fortune, its got between 150 and 170 bhp and is definitely fast enough! the looks on the faces of people with supposedly "faster" cars than the GSI is worth the price I paid for 2 or 3 fold! real wolf in sheeps clothing!… Read Full Review

“I have 12" three-spoke alloys and Max Power stickers...”

Written on: 21/07/2003 by Ian FRST. (1 review written)

I have 12" three-spoke alloys and Max Power stickers on the doors of my car. I have also invested in a blue exhaust extension and some green neons for under the car. I think the car looks mint and so does my girlfriend Debs. We are the envy of the local youth firm!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“WORST CAR EVER MADE. HORRIABLE, HORRIFIC. MY DAD SAID...”

Written on: 25/04/2003 by ANDREW BROOKE. (1 review written)

WORST CAR EVER MADE. HORRIABLE, HORRIFIC. MY DAD SAID TO GET ONE WHEN I PASSED AND I NEARLY PASSED OUT. I BOUGHT A RENAULT 5 GT TURBO WHICH ALWAYS BUY. BETTER LOOKS, PERFORMANCE, STYLING, HANDLING… Read Full Review

Gsifan's Response to 92187_ANDREW BROOKE.'s Review

Written on: 15/06/2005

Im not an 18 year old skint boy racer, well im an 18 year old but the comparison ends there. The nova is a good car and of course a GT Turbo is quicker... they have a t-u-r-b-o!

“It is a vauxhall nove merit 1.2 it does 30mph in 1st...”

Written on: 20/12/2002 by grant and jess. (1 review written)

It is a vauxhall nove merit 1.2 it does 30mph in 1st it sounds really good want to get a better radio it's green no rust d reg im trying to do it up… Read Full Review

“Vauxhall Novas are easy to work on, reliable and cheap.”

Written on: 11/10/2002 by ekul (luke). (1 review written)

Vauxhall Novas are easy to work on, reliable and cheap… Read Full Review

55201_Louise.'s Response to ekul (luke).'s Review

Written on: 02/12/2002

well I have a nova 1.2 merit, and it is a complete beast. and is a nice looker, everyone wants one. They have class, and can look great once they are modified. And my little baby looks fab.

“The Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit is cheap to run, easy for...”

Written on: 29/06/2002 by Jim. (1 review written)

The Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit is cheap to run, easy for spares and very reliable. Does anyone know of an easy way to remove pins inside hinges on doors? Have just bought another Nova for spares and i am replacing all four doors before respray… Read Full Review

“I've got a 2.5ltr V6 twin turbo Nova. The engine was...”

Written on: 26/06/2002 by Fat Dan. (1 review written)

I've got a 2.5ltr V6 twin turbo Nova. The engine was from a Astra GSI, pushing 480bhp....0-60 in 4.77sec.....0-100 in 11.56sec.It has a top speed of 180mph+ Ive got 18" wheels on with arch work done.To get 18" it should cost no more than £150. I've also got £5000 of ICE in the boot so there is a lot of room. I bought the Nova for £300 it started out as a 1.2 star......now it's a 2.5ltr V6 twin turbo worth over £9000. At MAX POWER live this year (2001) it came 2nd fastest super mini there!!! But… Read Full Review

43200_Zeus.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 11/10/2002

MY NOVA MERIT COST ME 200 QUID. ITS SILVER AND IS IN GOOD NICK CONSIDERING ITS A 1989 CAR AND NOVAS DO RUST ALOT. THAT IS SOME ENGINE U HAVE IN YOUR CAR. THE BIGGEST I HEARD OF IN A NOVA. 180MPH IS SOME SPEED BUT AT A LOT OF COST AND TIME. MY 1.2L HAS HIT 105MPH AND IS AT EASE ON THE MOTORWAY. THOSE OVERHEAD CAM ENGINES ARE SWEET. I SUPPOSE THE TYRES DON'T LAST TOO LONG WHEN YOU'RE GOING AT IT BUT WHAT THE HELL, IT'S A ONE OF A KIND AND IT'S A SUPER NOVA JUST LIKE MINE.

Sootyv6's Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 17/01/2008

Very nice mate, I'm just in the process of fitting a turbo to my 2.5 v6 i've put in my mk1 Astra.
<br/>
<br/>It's all well and good these boys saying get a car that comes with that power, but I'll think you'll agree with me with the sleeper aspect of our cars.

Slippys2Big's Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 05/04/2004

How can a 2.5 litre twin turbo be cheap to run, wake up and smell the coffee beans, cheap parts too, for a Nova to run that fast it would need to have everything changed, something tells me you aint going to walk into halfords for a standard set of nova brake pads, nice day dream all the same.

117958_Robhardyuk.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 22/07/2003

and a fuel cap :-)

What A Load Of ****.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 21/07/2003

I've got a 2.5ltr V6 twin turbo Nova. The engine was from a Astra GSI, (thats the rare astra GSi V6 that ya dont know about) its got twin Nasa space shuttles on each wing, its been rolling roaded at 67,078,957,392Bhp on the moon, Top speed cannot be recorded as the car is ruffly twice as fast as light. Its got 14in venoms on to make it faster, its got pink wiper spoilers to,

Russ.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 20/07/2003

I have a Nova Sri and I have spent £4000 on this car. The fasted Nova I have seen is a 2.5 v6 turbo with NOS so i know it is possible to get a V6 in. As for all you dissin this bloke, leave him alone. You are only jellous cos you are all tight fisted and have no money. My moto is if you are going to mod a car, dont have a bugget. (or your car will look rubbish!!) At the moment my nova is sitting in 15'' courtany desgin wheels with toyo prox's on the rear and apprila's on the front. Spax all round and slammed 45mm. Apex stainless steel system 3'' 1/2 bore and a de-cat pipe. air induction from viper and a close ratio gear box. The gear box cost £1549 alone but you feel the differance. 116 bhp and 0-60 in just under 8.5sec. 1/4 mile in 15.2 sec and top end is 128mph then the head blew! nice!!

110259_Nova Turbo.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 24/06/2003

Your full of poo there aint no way you got 480bhp from that lump. aint eva heard of ya car so you must be lyin. Have heard of a nova with two turbo lumps and that only pushes 600bhp keep dreamin billy

Menta Nova Gsi.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 13/05/2003

i love this review nova like this will kick any ones bottom at the lights fair play

90555_Anti-Boyracer.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 20/04/2003

It's all well and good putting all this stuff on your nova at great expense to yourself, I myself own a nova and it is a good little car. However I fail to seen the logic in spending in excess of 3000 pounds on a car which is scarcely worth 700 quid.
<br>
<br>A nova with 4 G's with of kit on it is still a soddin nova. If you wanna go fast buy a better car if I'm sorry but sticking to the same car out of some form of love is quite sad. The engineering is basic and thus easily fixed and reliable, but its hardly Earth shattering.

Robhardyuk.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 18/12/2002

There is no astra 2.5 v6, let alone a twin turbo. the only V6 is in the bigger cars (i.e vectra). Also, with such power, the car wouldn't be able to handle it, my first car was a 1.2 nova, and that was about right, at 55bhp. You should go and buy another car that comes with that power. I have experienced many cars now, including subaru imprezas, and my current car a Nissan Skyline. The nova is a good little car, but not 480bhp good. My skyline has 4 wheel steer, 4x4, traction control, dsc, asc and a state of the art chassis, with uprated dampers, and can only just handle the 420bhp it has. And the mods I have you wouldn't even understand, I don't just go for basic induction, I have lightened conrods, uprated fuel pumps, rechipped ecu, altered timing, and bigger turbos.

*g.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 16/12/2002

Twin turbo!!! Yeah! I got a modded 1.4SRi and it still pulls when the speedo goes off the dial @ 120, and that's scary stuff in a wee car.... I dont even want to think bout 180 in it!! hehe
Bet it's a hell of a lot of fun though. Send us a picture of your car man if you got 1.. would be nice to see wot this beast look like!
l8r *g

Wraggsy.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 17/11/2002

I herd of 2lt transplants in novas before my mates got one. Also herd of turbo novas, but twin turbo now that is awsome. How did you cram that mamoth lump under the bonnet. All respect to you! Owning a nova my self I can see why you did it, and did it in style. You must burn more rubber than M.shoemacker, but I bet it's worth the cost. I own a very clean 1lt nova (new shape) witch I love to bits but are looking to up grade to a nova SRi but finding one in good condition that some boyracer hasn't thrased and chrashed is nearly impossible, so any help is much appriciated. (bensnovaflys@hotmail.com). 180mph in a nova must be sum scary stuff but pritty dam sweet at the same time.

51013_Jay.'s Response to Fat Dan.'s Review

Written on: 14/11/2002

Not bad for a Nova, but when your going to put an engine in a car you might as well put the biggest one you can in there. I've got a 3.0 v6 nova the engine is out of a omega soon to be turbo it's sat on 18" £3500 of ice and to finish it off it's got an evo body vent.

“I got a Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit about a year ago and...”

Written on: 02/05/2002 by Ian. (1 review written)

I got a Vauxhall Nova 1.2 Merit about a year ago and put a cavalier 1.8L 16v engine in and a nova dose kit with astra clocks.
Very fast car but need new brakes 0 to 60 6secs est.
Top speed 140… Read Full Review

“A Nova might not be the most glamourous of cars when...”

Written on: 24/04/2002 by macko. (1 review written)

A Nova might not be the most glamourous of cars when they are bog standard but once you slap a bodykit and some nice alloys you can make even a blind mans head turn. The trouble with novas are a lot of people have then which carries the disadvantage of finding original things to do to them. I have found a £300 front bumper which will bring other nova drivers to their knees! All Nova drivers in need of help modifying their motor should check out either www.Roybacer.co.uk or www.novaload.net… Read Full Review

60644_Martin.'s Response to 20968_macko.'s Review

Written on: 27/12/2002

Just thought I would say that the Nova was made in Spain. It also has Made In spain on the mk1 Orange front indicators. hope this helps.

“When i bought this Vauxhall Nova Merit 1.2 it was a...”

Written on: 17/04/2002 by lynniloo. (1 review written)

When i bought this Vauxhall Nova Merit 1.2 it was a bit run down and just needed a bit of TLC and a couple of trips to the garage to to turn it into the nippy little number it is today. If you're gonna buy one remember they are prone to rust a little so get over it and get it sorted coz it's easy to fix. I love my car and i would recommend a nova to everyone… Read Full Review