Screwfix Reviews - www.screwfix.co.uk

Screwfix www.screwfix.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Screwfix www.screwfix.co.uk

Screwfix www.screwfix.co.uk
Screwfix www.screwfix.co.uk

“Check delivery address carefully”

Written on: 18/10/2016 by KaileyGlass49 (1 review written)

If you forget to change your delivery address they won't help you. It is "impossible to change or cancel and order once it has been placed" according to the nice lady on the helpline. So if you have ordered £1000 worth of radiators, you have to either " hope the delivery isn't signed for and stolen" or "attempt to intercept your delivery and transport the radiators to your address yourself". That was their actual advice! Terrible and unhelpful system. Wish I had ordered with anyone else… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/10/2016

Doesnt it ask you to confirm or check the delivery details ?

Royeg's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2016

It probably did, hence the title "check delivery address carefully" the point being made is more the fact you cannot change or cancel an order even if you made it 5 minutes ago. If you don't have a van for bulky items to then move them to their correct delivery address you're screwed.

“Rip Off Merchants”

Written on: 27/05/2016 by sleeves (8 reviews written)

I have to agree with recent reviews about this company. Today I came across Gorilla Glue which is manufactured in America and is a class product. I checked Screwfix for availability and price. £14..99 inc vat. for a 250ml bottle. For piece of mind decided to check EBay. To my surprise EBay companies are selling the exact product and size for £7.79. I stopped shopping with Screwfix recently after I phoned them to ask if they would do a price comparison. I was in the market for a Evolution Rage… Read Full Review

Annoyed65's Response to sleeves's Review

Written on: 19/10/2016

If an item is cheaper elsewhere why not just buy from the cheaper company ?

Sleeves's reply to Annoyed65's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2016

Thats exactly what I did. The comment was to let others know its cheaper elsewhere. Before I purchase I search for the cheapest. After all, this is a review ceentre.

“Who's the fool? ”

Written on: 21/04/2016 by Everydaypaul (1 review written)

Who's the fool? Screwfix or me? I looked for a particular product and found it on their website. I checked availability and saw that it was available over the counter at every one of their Northern Ireland stores. So I went to the handiest, Lisburn, only to be told that not only did they not have the item but it was not in any of our stores here. She almost gleefully told me it would have to be ordered in from the mainland! So I was the fool for believing their website. But screwfix are the… Read Full Review

Sleeves's Response to Everydaypaul's Review

Written on: 27/05/2016

I have to agree with you about this company. Today I came across Gorilla Glue which is manufactured in America and is a class A product.
I stopped shopping with Screwfix recently after I phoned them to ask if they would do a price comparison. I was in the market for a Evolution Rage 3 Double Bevel Saw. Amazon are asking £240.00_Screwfix want £320.00_I can buy this unit from a reputable company on EBay at the cost of £167.00. Why people shop with this company is beyond me. All they are doing is ripping the public off. I`m not surprised they can sponsor the English Nation Football Team. No more business from me.

“Its Meant to Operate like Argos”

Written on: 24/03/2016 by Duke_Nukem (18 reviews written)

Most of the complaints here seem to be about delivery (I recommend a big car with a roof rack) and cheap Chinese tools. Also about lack of advice at the counter. I have the opposite problem at the counter. Screwfix are obviously meant to operate like Argos, where people know and choose what they want and the staff simply shelf-pick it. In that way their prices are cheaper than anywhere else where I live and their stock much larger. My only alternatives are Travis Perkins (who are ashamed… Read Full Review

Sleeves's Response to Duke_Nukem's Review

Written on: 30/05/2016

One thing this company is not and that's value for money. It must be one of the priciest outlets in the country. I have found this out recently. Please read my review. sleeves.

“DUDLEY SCREWFIX JOBSWORTH'S”

Written on: 30/09/2015 by 439Underwood (1 review written)

Tried to collect an online order from the Dudley branch on Monday forgot pin told by the person I dealt with behind counter nothing they can do. Machine asked for another card so went back today Wednesday with another card for same account and yes i no the pin guess what machine wood not except card told to speak to JOBSWORTH member of staff what a waste of time all for a £1.63 item. After a confrontation with the branch manager  he was no help at all so i asked for a refund and will not… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/10/2015

When you order online you "click" agree to say you understand you will have to have the card you used to do a pin check verification. If however you don't know the pin the other option is for the branch to call the contact centre to have it refunded back on to the card and you can pay with either another card or cash.

Its a security check the system won't allow another card to be used.

“DIY guy”

Written on: 12/06/2015 by 1980Tucker (1 review written)

When ever we need something for our home diy we look in the catalogue first and usually find the item we need if not a member of staff puts on the correct path Very helpful with good advice St Austell… Read Full Review

“unhelpful and sexist staff”

Written on: 05/06/2015 by pregnant (1 review written)

This is the complaint form i have sent through to screw fix which details my experience! I visited your Macclesfield store on Sunday 24th May wanting some assistance in ensuring the plumbing products i wanted to purchase were the right ones for the job. I took with me all the parts i already had and described what it was i wanted. All i got from your sales assistant was "Do you have a product code?" My answer was no as i was unsure of the technical terms in your calalogue. He then responded… Read Full Review

Annoyed65's Response to pregnant's Review

Written on: 19/07/2015

Were the items you had to collect ordered instore or online ?

“wrong delivery address ”

Written on: 20/04/2015 by 001review (1 review written)

I made a purchase a few weeks back online, to notice I hadn't updated my delivery address. so I called the call centre straight away to be told that there isn't anything they can do until the first delivery has been attempted (which I don't understand why they couldn't alter the delivery address there and then as it only just happened!!!) the courier company tried to make delivery but nobody was in so it went to the post office. knowing this I called screwfix and they said they will recall the… Read Full Review

“quality of service”

Written on: 13/03/2015

not in trade but a diy man have found screwfix very handy and staff very helpful with information at Swansea branch.thanks… Read Full Review

“Unbelievably poor it department”

Written on: 09/12/2014 by AlbertoFinch (1 review written)

Have bee n unable to purchase items on line for over a week now.They seem unable or not interested in sorting out my problem. Shall continue to purchase my materials from tool station,they don't seem to suffer these problems. … Read Full Review

Written on: 08/01/2015

so why not use the Freephone number to place your order ?

“Titan battery power tools from Screwfix”

Written on: 17/11/2014 by chrismill (1 review written)

As a DiY enthusiast, I have a range of tools. The cheaper end of the scale are my Titan tools,in the main I have found them to be fine it they are mains powered and for occasional use. I purchased a battery powered drill which worked well for just under a year, then a battery would not hold any charge. This was followed a short time later by the other battery. Unfortunately I reported the problem 2 weeks over the 1 year warranty and was told that Screwfix DO NOT SELL SPARE BATTERIES FOR… Read Full Review

Annoyed65's Response to chrismill's Review

Written on: 06/01/2015

Titan have a 2 year warrenty - check the item you bought online it will show as an additional picture at the bottom.

Chrismillican's reply to Annoyed65's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2015

Thank you for your reply. But I had spoken/emailed several people at screwfix, who would not extend the 1 year, even by a week. Believe me, I tried

Annoyed65's reply to Chrismillican's Comment

Written on: 08/01/2015

What product did you buy ? do you have the product code ?

Annoyed65's reply to Annoyed65's Comment

Written on: 08/01/2015

Just to add both Titan and Erbauer are Screwfix own range and both have a 2 year warranty as standard.

Chrismillican's reply to Annoyed65's Comment

Written on: 08/01/2015

I was told by several Screwfix personnel including a manager who took on my complaint over the phone. That the guarantee was for one year only, I informed him that I was not happy and was going to inform others of the problems I had encountered.
I have now thrown away the receipt and battery drill, no I do not have the product code. The item has been replaced by a similar, newer model. I have now purchased a Bosh, I can buy spare parts for it and only paid about £40 more than a Titan. I hope this will last a lot longer than a Titan battery product

Duke_Nukem's Response to chrismill's Review

Written on: 24/03/2016

Inability to buy spares is a common problem with cheap Chinese stuff, not specific to Screwfix. It is the cheap Chinese business model - when it breaks you are supposed to go back and buy another. In the DiY world many people don't use their tools enough (or know enough about tools) to discover what rubbish they are. But their business model works as long as people are drawn to the lower price and don't complain. It's hard to complain to the maker anyway unless you can speak Chinese and don't mind the long distance call charge.

“Good Idea Appallingy Executed”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by whizzabout (0 reviews written)

I purchased this tipping garden trolley from Screwfix as I wanted something that could transfer things around and be easier to handle than the traditional wheel barrow. At £99 some may think it is cheap but it is a lot to me. It comes in a flat pack and has to be assembled . Discovering it was made in China made the fact that the pieces are quite difficult to fit together as they are not made very well was no surprise. The biggest surprise for a piece of garden equipment were the mild steel… Read Full Review

Duke_Nukem's Response to whizzabout's Review

Written on: 24/03/2016

You'd need to go a long way to find a stainless steel garden trolley, if such a thing is even made. Have you any idea how much stainless steel costs, or how difficult it is to manufacture items from it?

I have a mild steel builder's wheelbarrow that has been outdoors for the last 20 years and still going strong. It isn't an ornament though and I repainted it with bitumastic once.

“Missed another job!!!”

Written on: 15/06/2014 by zuPowers56 (1 review written)

delivery promised on thursday morning ready for my job on Friday, Thursday comes, guess what, no goods! called screwfix who said the order was cancelled!! I NEVER CASNCELLED THE ORDER SCREWFIX!!! Found in my opinion the most helpful company I have worked with in my 20 year history as a tradesman, OBAS UK in Preston. placed the order with them on thursday at 1:40 in the afternoon, I then called OBAS UK just to give myself peace of mind and they are so nice and promised my delivery would arrive… Read Full Review

“Rubbish service do not use!”

Written on: 13/05/2014 by JamesManning (1 review written)

I ordered a product, 15%, so came to £79.99, which was correct discount, went to collect and it wasn't there at the branch, they had no idea why not and told me to go back another day, not happy about this, I thought might as well deliver now as missed the job, only to be told the order had been cancelled. Ok, I shall reorder, back to original price. Sent an email complaining, to be told it was an obvious pricing error and that I should have realised this, how?!?! So ye any promotion, may not… Read Full Review

“Screwfix, dont sell sink fixings!!”

Written on: 28/04/2014 by dmb1 (2 reviews written)

Why list an item on there website which they dont sell anymore and in my case its sink fixings lol, for a company thats called screwfix i think its quiet funny! Anyway off to B&Q then… Read Full Review

“Website is Rubbish”

Written on: 11/04/2014 by Duke_Nukem (18 reviews written)

I tried to look at their products on-line (www.screwfix.co.uk - but it redirected to .com), and after a long wait it came back with a blank page except for a small area in the top left demanding that I either log in or register. Idiots… Read Full Review

“hitachi drill”

Written on: 10/04/2014 by BroderickMcKinley (1 review written)

wat a little workhorse after looking at other reveiws went snd got mine st my local screwfix kinning park bargain at99 quid two li on battarys wat more do u need went back and ordered the 3ah battary!! get one u wont b dissaponted… Read Full Review

“de walt dcd735l2”

Written on: 05/04/2014 by SkylarFigueroa114 (1 review written)

been a carpenter for 28yrs first time a have used a14.4 combi great machine bags of powee and tourqe and whith x2 3ah battarts the drill is a steal get one before the go at that price cant fuult it… Read Full Review

“Tried to palm me off with secindhand goos!”

Written on: 27/01/2014

I just popped into my local Screwfix in Kidderminster. I had reseved two F clamps. On inspection I noticed that the packaging on one of them had been opened and found that the internal packaging was missing. There was dirt on the handle, suggesting that it had been used. They didn't have any more, so I asked about a discount - they offered just 10% off. 10& discount for secondhand goods - I think not!… Read Full Review

“BE CAREFUL ABOUT A UNFLEXIBLE DELIVERY SERVICE”

Written on: 20/01/2014 by Pollonpri (1 review written)

It is ridiculous you cannot change or delete an order, even after seconds! I have changed address few months a go and I have made an order on the screwfix website, I have changed my address, but for some reasons it kept the new address only as delivery address. So the order was placed on the wrong delivery address. I called immediately to change it, but I was told it was impossible as the order will have to be delivered to the wrong address first and just afterwards I will be able to arrange a… Read Full Review