Dorothy Perkins Reviews - www.dorothyperkins.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Bad post sale service”

Written on: 10/12/2012

I used to love Dorothy Perkins, the clothes were cheap and of ok quality. Returning instore was alright so long you didn't buy a 'concession' brand. Having now moved to Australia I did really miss them so took advantage of times when they had free international shipping. However I will NEVER buy anything from them again due to my experience! I purchased a dress which arrived faulty (and was half price a week later). I could have lived with the price drop but not the gaping hole in the seam… Read Full Review

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

“Charged three times for one item - no reply to emails”

Written on: 15/11/2012 by Yuka (1 review written)

Not happy at all with the customer service. I've sent three emails saying that I've paid three times for one item. I was told that the credit card had failed yet it went through and two paypal withdrawals have been made. I´m not saying it's their fault directly that I was charged but at least reply to my emails adn send my money back. I'm an overseas customer and don´t really want to call the UK. Happy woith the boots though adn the delivery time was accurate… Read Full Review

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

“Poor Delivery and Customer Service is sad”

Written on: 19/05/2012 by Aruns (2 reviews written)

Ordered online from DP about three weeks ago and not the first time that the delivery is delayed, this time its just not arrived yet. Every time I call customer service, they seem to not know beyond what I can see on the courier's tracking website.I am being told that I will receive the delivery "today" and hence I should wait, which has been the case for more than two weeks now. Emails are not getting any response from these guys. Will be very wary before shopping online with DP… Read Full Review

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

“Thrown In A Bag And Dirty!”

Written on: 05/04/2012 by nickname (1 review written)

I just received my order from DP two dress and two pairs of heels. First on-line order with DP (I do loads of on-line shopping). Looks like they were thrown in a bag, very over sized bag and just sent! One dress wasn't even in a separate bag My heels were just wrapped in tissue paper that wasn't attached when I opened it so four heels waiting to stab my dresses and ruin them! Luckily didn't happen. One of my heels was a pale colour and has brown bits all over it not happy about that (looks… Read Full Review

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

“Return service is a joke, only order if you are...”

Written on: 27/10/2011

I saw all the adverts for 30% off at Dorothy Perkins so decided to shop online and buy lots and then send whatever I didnt like back. Website was fine, ordered my items no problem! The problem came when I returned items. One of the orders came in 2 bags as it was quite large! So I saw no problem sending 2 parcels back as it wouldnt all fit in one bag. How wrong I was! What an absolute nightmare! It was showing 'partially refunded' on the return tracking and it seemed as though one of the… Read Full Review

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

“Order arrived but poor quality”

Written on: 17/10/2011

I was happy to receive my order to Europe but a playsuit wasn't right size and poor quality for a price I paid. Won't shop there again… Read Full Review

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

“DP need to learn to send the right items!”

Written on: 29/07/2011 by zaiee (1 review written)

I decided to choose to order Dorothy Perkins online as I shop their occasionally I found some very nice party dresses that I liked the look of. Normally I would have gone into the store myself, but as they were "online exclusives" I decided to go for this method. They arrived quite quickly, however when I opened the package I found that two of the three dresses I had ordered were not there. They had in fact sent me a (very ugly and cheap looking) strappy beach dress and a top instead -… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to zaiee's Review

Written on: 09/09/2011

hey.. my name is anastasia i wonder if you could help me.. i had the same problem with you a week ago only i don't leave in u.k. and i can't contact them by phone since there is no such number for my country. i've sent tons of emails threatening, angry, kind and they haven't answer to a single one of them!! i would be greatfull if you could call their offices and ask for a phone number for me to contact them from bulgaria!! thank you so very much!!
p.s. really sorry for my english..

“Ordered a lovely dress but when it arrived (a couple...”

Written on: 12/03/2011

Ordered a lovely dress but when it arrived (a couple days late) although the paper tag said it was a S/M the label clearly said M/L. I emailed (twice) explaining this problem. A week later I received an email

"We aim to get your order right every time but we do occasionally make mistakes. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If we have sent you the wrong item, you can return it to us free of charge using the Freepost label we sent with your order. You will still need to request… Read Full Review

Visit dorothyperkins.co.uk

“Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk - I recently...”

Written on: 01/07/2005 by Belle16 (99 reviews written)

Dorothy Perkins www.dorothyperkins.co.uk - I recently ordered a top from the Dorothy Perkins website as I had previously experienced good service in their stores and assumed their website would be the same...how wrong was I!

The top arrived promptly, which I was pleased about. As the top was too big, I then set about sending it back.

Seven weeks on, I am still waiting for my refund. I received an email from the company saying that they were unable to process the refund because of a problem… Read Full Review

Belle16's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 14/07/2005

As an update on this, I would like to add that I still have not received my refund and have taken further action against them.
<br>
<br>I received another email the other day asking me to phone them- so I did- and when I phoned, the number was for a building firm!
<br>
<br>If you want hassle free online shopping then dont choose DP, go elsewhere!!!!!

Annie2000's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 30/03/2006

I work for dorothy perkins and as staff we dont have anything to do with the internet site, but if you do want to return a garment, instead of sending it back, why not return the garment to your local store and get an instant refund there?

220250_Customer Service's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 09/12/2005

ORDERED A TOP ON NEXT DAY DELIVERY WHICH COST 4.95. THEY SENT WRONG TOP. EMAILED 6 TIMES NOT ONE RESPONSE. NEEDED TOP HENCE NEXT DAY DELIVERY RECEIVED COMPLETELY WRONG TOP AND THEY HAVE MY MONEY AND DONT RESPOND. HORRENDOUS BAD SERVICE. NO TEL NUMBER TO CALL EITHER

211089_Libz85's Response to Belle16's Review

Written on: 22/09/2005

I have used the DP web site so many times now, and everythime thay have got things wrong or cancelled my order with out telling me!
<br>
<br>I am sick of this, i find it hard to get in to the shop in town, and when i do i get told to go on line as they have more sizes etc, but never have i got the right things! I have complained so many times but i never get anything back! I will never use it again!!!

dorothyperkins.co.uk