Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

675

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

“Good value”

Written on: 25/09/2016 by Nan45 (1 review written)

I have bought several two night stays, afternoon teas and meals at Prezzo over the last few years. They have been very good value. I would recommend these to anyone. I hope Buy a Gift keep making these offers which we find are very enjoyable… Read Full Review

“Confused.....”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by MohammedMcCaffrey416 (1 review written)

Received a gift via this company for a 2 Supercar experience at Brands Hatch cost £189.00 Included in this package 6 Laps per Supercar around the track with a lap with a qualified instructor. The List of cars are as follows - Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi R8, Ferrari 360, Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche 911/997, Fiat Abarth, Nissan GTR, McLaren MP12 4c, Jaguar F Type, Abarth 500, Alfa Romeo Giulietta, Aeril Atom, Bmw 18. I rang the Racing School to be told that the list above was published 6… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2016

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback!

I am sorry to hear you've had some difficulty finding availability for this experience. Brands Hatch is one of the most popular tracks within the UK, and due to this their dates can be booked up almost 4 months in advance.

The cars you had wanted unfortunately appear to be fully booked for the last 2 dates this year - however they do have upgraded versions of these cars that are available. There is a price increase with this, but please be assured this is optional and not compulsory to choose these upgraded cars.

Due to health and safety, the driving year is subject to seasonal conditions and most tracks will close from November/December to March. This is to ensure customer safety, but rest assured you'll be able to book for when the track does re-open.

I hope this helps answer any queries you may have, but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks again for your feedback!

“Shard and afternoon tea ”

Written on: 12/09/2016 by lindaperera (1 review written)

I booked the shard/ Afternoon tea for my son as it was his girlfriends 19th Birthday. It was short notice and I could only book the tea at a hotel I wasn't Too keen on. I rebooked another tea at The Rubens by The Palace. It was a fantastic experience in a beautiful hotel. The staff were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. A very memorable occasion, and the afternoon tea was superb as expected. They then visited the London Aquarium and went to to The Shard at night. No queues and the view… Read Full Review

“Do Not Buy”

Written on: 09/09/2016 by Camryn184 (1 review written)

I had a voucher given to me for my birthday, champagne afternoon tea, no venues near to where I live and really do not want to drive 30 miles to use it. Tried to extend voucher but it will not allow me to so thought I would exchange it. I went through the whole site and the only place that I could find within 10 miles is Prezzo, nice restaurant but set menu not to my liking. Voucher will not be used and it is such a waste of money. DO NOT BUY VOUCHERS AS A GIFT, THINK OF SOMETHING THEY WOULD… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/09/2016

Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear you're unhappy with your voucher. We do advertise all locations, and any set menu's prior to purchase but I can only apologise if you didn't see this.

If you would like to email in your reference number to us, we'd be happy to see if we can assist you further.

I hope this helps!

“Please don't anyone buy me one of these gifts again!!!”

Written on: 06/09/2016 by 84AL (1 review written)

I got brought a gift voucher from my brother for my 30th birthday after being unable to do the experience he selected for me - I decided to exchange the voucher for an alternative experience, a nice two night break with the wife in the Hallmark Carlton Hotel in Bournemouth. We spent the day on the beach as check in wasn't until 3pm which was no problem as it was a beautiful day. As we had two nights we decided as a nice treat we would book our parents in to the same hotel for the second day… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to 84AL's Review

Written on: 09/09/2016

Hi there,

I am really sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your voucher bookings.

We would very much like to look in to this for you, so please forward us your voucher reference numbers to us.

I'm pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful - but we'd certainly like the opportunity to change your opinion of our voucher service.

I do hope this helps and we look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Em

“CHEATS!!”

Written on: 01/09/2016 by Rob_Newcombe (1 review written)

Buyagift offered Topcashback AND a voucher code for use at the same time. It was made very clear that both could be used together. This was the only reason that I made my purchase with them and not elsewhere.They now refuse to pay the cashback claiming that it is not payable when a voucher code is used! This is despite advertising exactly the opposite. I have a screenshot to prove it. This is cheating at its worst and clearly a very dubious and possibly illegal practice… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Rob_Newcombe's Review

Written on: 01/09/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your on-line review.

I know we have been speaking over various social media sites, however I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy with our responses.

Please do understand that the cashback is not generated by us, it's generated by the TopCashBack website directly. We have no control over their processes, and we recommend you get in touch with them directly in order to solve the situation. They will be able to assist you in retrieving the cashback.

I hope this helps.

“fox country inn ibstone”

Written on: 06/07/2016

really friendly, nice clean room, good food especially breakfast. beautiful countryside. make sure you have a local map, a very enjoyable stay. Our room was upgraded without us asking. The first room was o.k. but rather small we would have been happy with this but they just upgraded us. so we were rather fortunate… Read Full Review

“Very disappointing”

Written on: 22/06/2016 by Hanna480 (1 review written)

My sister bought a one night stay in a hotel for my mother and I aS a birthday treat. When we tried to book, the hotel said they weren't part of the scheme, and had left last October. We rang in June. The hotel is still on the Buy a gift site. Customer services were not particularly helpful. Would not recommend this site… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/06/2016

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear this!

Can you please email your voucher number in to us, so we can look in to this a little further for you?

I hope this helps and we look forward to hearing from you.

“waste of money”

Written on: 15/06/2016 by fedupthree (1 review written)

like several of reviews we are also very disappointed with the 2 night voucher. It seems that most hotels stop taking the vouchers during May - October leaving a 10 month voucher given to us for Xmas worth only 5 months. Having spent many hours looking for a hotel to go to we ended up picking the nearest to where we live just to use it. I will be advising my family NOT to purchase these again. We did complain to Buy a gift about this but the reply was it is all in the small print of terms and… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to fedupthree's Review

Written on: 17/06/2016

Hi there, thank you for leaving your review. Please email us so that we can look into this further for you.

“AFTERNOON TEA IN AN APPALLING DUMP MILES FROM THE PALACE”

Written on: 14/06/2016

Don't choose Hampton Court Palace followed by Kingston Lodge Hotel. The hotel is miles from the venue and is a total dump with appalling food. I mean a real dump and really appalling. don't do it!! I complained to Hospitality Line who investigated fully, but was offered a return visit - they obviously didn't care and do not appear to be taking the hotel off their list, so just thought I would warn anyone if they read this. Hampton Court is beautiful, but there was an event on the day we went… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/06/2016

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at the Kingston Lodge Hotel. We have very good reviews from this normally!

Have you contacted Buyagift in regards to this? Please email in to us with some more feedback about what went wrong, so we can look in to this for you.

I hope this helps!

“never ever again”

Written on: 06/05/2016 by Keshawnq128 (1 review written)

usless conpany stole my £100 money voucher as aparantly is expired. customer service cant help. it was a gift and they kept ir… Read Full Review

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you have an expired voucher!
Please email in your reference number to me and I would like to see if I can help you further.
I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks,
Em

“too many restrictions;not worth it;never again! ”

Written on: 18/04/2016 by Nelsonr1974 (1 review written)

Had a gift from my partner of a two night hotel break. SOO many restrictions and caveats, that the apparent breadth of choice became no choice at all,(no weekends,winter time only or mid week only). Wasted a huge amount of time trying to find any availability at a time that was possible but zero joy.My partner and I have NHS shift work to contend with and these offers seemed and are too good to be true. ENDED UP PAYING to extend the voucher, which stuck in my craw, and was disappointed that my… Read Full Review

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear you're unhappy with your voucher experience so far.
I would really like to look in to this for you, please email your voucher reference number.
I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

“Over night hotel stop with breakfast for 2”

Written on: 12/04/2016 by AhmadFitch (1 review written)

Purchased above as present for wife. Have now tried over 10 hotels with various replies like "you can not use on Saturdays", "no availability despite website showing space, only limited rooms for vouchers etc. Made to feel like a second class citizen because it is a voucher. Contacted buy a gift, they extended voucher but refused refund, extension no good if you can not book anywhere. Finally managed to book somewhere but have had to pay extra because it is a Saturday… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/05/2016

Thanks for your feedback.
I'm really sorry to hear you were having difficulty with your voucher booking. Unfortunately our vouchers are subject to the hotels availability, and we do state that there will be supplement fees for Saturdays at certain venues.
Please send us your voucher number so we can help you further.
I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

“Read the small print, misleading, terrible customer...”

Written on: 07/04/2016 by Meredithlm322 (1 review written)

Absolutely awful. Do not buy from these people… Read Full Review

Hi there!
I'm really sorry to hear this.
We would like to help - please email your reference number in to us so we can help with your issue.
I hope this helps and I look forward to your email.

“dont use them”

Written on: 29/03/2016 by Hodgesry312 (1 review written)

Bought a deluxe theatre break with at least 8 shows but when we came to redeem the voucher only 5 shows with hardly any dates for weekend, so disappointing and customer services aren't very helpful neither. if you want a better experience book with red letter days I have booked once with buy a gift and never again, booked loads with red letter days and never had a bad experience, don't do it pleassssseee you will regret it… Read Full Review

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear you had difficulties with your booking.
We would really like to help with your voucher, please email your reference number.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks

“Read The Small Print”

Written on: 25/02/2016

Purchased a two night break for my wife. only to find that you had to pay extra for weekends and any kind of holiday period ie. Bank holiday weeks, where also not included, Lesson learnt do not buy vouchers from these people without check the all of the terms & cond's. They are poor value as you could book the same places direct with less hassle. Availibilty so restricted I should not have bothered. … Read Full Review

Written on: 18/03/2016

Thanks for your feedback!
I'm really sorry to hear you're unhappy with your voucher. We do recommend all customers read the fine print to ensure the experience is suitable before purchase!
Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be happy to help.
Thanks again.

“Very dissapointing”

Written on: 14/12/2015 by knmc (1 review written)

Very disappointing - didn't process the order and didn't tell me either so no secret santa for my friend !!!… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to knmc's Review

Written on: 15/12/2015

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear that your order didn't process properly! We do contact customers when there are any issues with their orders, but I do apologise if we didn't get in touch in time! If you have any queries, please feel free to email us.

My apologies again!

“Bought a gift for my son (only £40)but as he had to...”

Written on: 07/12/2015 by Jonah1951 (1 review written)

Bought a gift for my son (only £40)but as he had to go to work abroad he couldn't use it in the time on the voucher so I changed it for another that I was told did not have a time limit - for £38. When I knew he would be back home I tried to book a date for him but was told that the voucher had now expired. Not a problem though as they could 'reactivate the voucher' for an 'admin fee' of an extra £20! No doubt the small print buried deep in the Terms and Conditions allows this - but £60 for… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Jonah1951's Review

Written on: 09/12/2015

Hi there

Thanks for your feedback. I have just had a quick look at your voucher and can see that it was purchased in 2012 and expired in 2013, which is why there was an extension fee in order to use the voucher. This £20 admin fee for extending vouchers is advertised clearly on our website and applies to all vouchers, no matter the price. All of our vouchers have expiry periods on them and the maximum period so 10 months on any voucher, we would never advise anything else.

I apologise if there has been some confusion and feel free to get in touch again if you would like to discuss it further with us.

“dreadful experience- dont use them”

Written on: 14/11/2015 by ddBullock74 (1 review written)

never use this firm, I booked a shard experience but what a foul experience it was. the restaurant was no where near the shard as they had changed the original restaurant. we couldn't get in the day new wanted either and had to come back another day incurring further cost. the meal itself was poor. all in all don't bother using buyagift. do it yourself. I wrote to them with a complaint several weeks ago and they haven't yet dignified me with a response. to sum them up they are a rip off!… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/11/2015

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear that your recent experience wasn't as expected.

We sadly had to change the restaurant location as the prior venue we had for this experience was closing down. This was sadly out of our control.

We did our best to locate a very similar restaurant which was Michelin recommended and with the same type of cuisine, although the location may have been slightly further from the original however, this new information was stated on the website on booking the experience.

I am very sorry to hear that you haven't had a reply to your complaint and I'd very much like to investigate this further for you. Please could you send an email to us with further details.

Despina, Buyagift helper

“Poor service”

Written on: 30/10/2015 by Newtonxp317 (1 review written)

I purchased a gourmet card in September for a friends birthday, despite me chasing delivery several times and being promised a signed for delivery days ago, the item remains undelivered! This is the second card I have purchased this year that has not arrived! My emails and request for a manager to call me remain ignored!… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/11/2015

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear your item hasn't arrived, and that you haven't had a call back yet.

Please send an email with your order details and complaint over to us and we will look into this for you.

- Emma, Buyagift Helper