Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

646

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

“Abysmal and misrepresenting”

Written on: 21/05/2015 by 67Sheridan (1 review written)

I received a "gift" of two nights hotel break voucher only to find 1.There was a very limited number of hotels available 2. Even when selecting a hotel there was limited availability 3. Supplementary charges were levied for Saturday nights. the booking line was a chargeable number So the gift turned out not to be a gift as I had to pay extra. I wonder how much of this was clearly stated when the voucher was bought. Also when trying to book the hotel I received atrocious and arrogant… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/05/2015

Hi

I'm very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your voucher.

This particular experience is a 2 for 1 hotel break and each hotel will have their own booking restrictions in place. All of which are stated on the products page prior to purchase.

As there are many hotels on the list, restrictions are stated under the hotel information to make it easier to read and clearer. This includes any dates that you cannot book your stay and any supplementary charges which may apply to your stay.

Depending on the hotel you're booking with, there may be a chargeable booking line however, sadly this is outside of our control as this is the booking line in which the hotel would've provided us with.

I am very sorry that you received bad service when you tried to make a booking at one of the hotels. All dates are subject to availability and the hotels will allocate a number of rooms per night specifically for voucher holders. If this allocation is met, they may not be able to fit you in but the vouchers are valid for 10 months with the aim of providing as much flexibility to you as possible.

If you do not wish to keep this particular voucher, you're welcome to exchange your voucher free of charge on the My Voucher site to any other experience on our website. The web address is printed on the voucher itself.

Alternatively, do contact us directly and we will be happy to help further.

Despina, Buyagift

“Rip off would never use this company again ”

Written on: 26/02/2015 by Luciana51 (1 review written)

I purchased flowers for my friends birthday,I was emailed a voucher with 20%off which I used as my friend lived away I phoned her for chat I mentioned her flowers because she said they were nice ,so I just said I bought them because she liked tulips! No she said there was no tulips in fact they were not even what I asked for so asked her for photo I was shocked when I saw photo they were very poor bunch it must have cost about £3 to throw together ,I contacted this company to complain & they… Read Full Review

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have been left feeling disappointed with your experience at Buyagift due to the poor quality flowers received and the replacements didn't arrive.

I have passed your comments across to our suppliers for review to ensure that future improvements are made with their flowers and the delivery service as we never like to hear of any negative feedback.

Kidsgalore's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2015

I was thinking of using Buyagift but am so concerned by the lack of support you seemingly offer when something goes wrong rather than by the complaints in themselves.

Having read your Trust pilot responses and those given here they all appear to be a standard response without any remedial actions on your part being offered. Your statement above being a point in fact, how does it best serve that particular individual that you have contacted the supplier, their contract was with YOU?!

You did nothing to make amends for the failure of the task...

Written on: 20/05/2015

Hi

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm very sorry to hear of your disappointment with the way that we resolve reviews.

We will always do our best to resolve any issues that we receive and we recommend contacting us directly so that we can look into the issue in a more in depth matter as sadly, the information that we receive on private review site such as this one isn't detailed enough.

it's sometimes not possible to resolve the problem immediately due to a lack of information and because we do not have any of the details that we need to be able to investigate the issue further.

Buyagift acts as an agent on behalf of our suppliers and all the experiences that we sell are not run by Buyagift. Although the contract is with Buyagift originally, once the booking has been made, the contract is passed to the supplier who is offering the experience to the customer. This is why we will always pass the information to our supplier for any investigation or improvements.

Again, I am sorry for the disappointment caused.

Despina, Buyagift

“Bitter disappointment ”

Written on: 19/02/2015 by Clay474 (1 review written)

I am not sure whose fault it is, buyagift, an intermediary or operator but last time I will buy a voucher for an experience. We drove 200 miles to Blackpool and paid £150 for overnight accommodation so my son could have a helicopter experience. At 9pm the evening before I was left a voice message to say it was cancelled. I went to airport and they were quite rude saying they were 'only' the contractor. The intermediary said they would try and organise something else locally but never she… Read Full Review

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was cancelled last minute. This would have been due to poor weather conditions or for other health and safety reasons that the operators didn't feel comfortable flying in.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sophie, Buyagift Helper

“yes too good to be true”

Written on: 09/01/2015 by TheBratPrince (1 review written)

Complaint is with product and expectations of. Racetrack partners disappointing and unaccomodating. Purchased double supercar driving blast in October and our local track was fully booked until the new year (ok fine) but buyagift then listed the same package £50 cheaper online. I complained and the staff were helpful enough. I was refunded and purchased it again at the new price. The Track had no dates for the new year until November, called them back and found that they had decided to… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to TheBratPrince's Review

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble booking your voucher and have had to exchange your voucher a couple of times.

We never like to hear of any negative feedback so I have passed your comments across to the relevant department for review, in hope that future improvements can be made.

“Complete let down”

Written on: 27/12/2014 by Declan393 (1 review written)

Purchased an engraved mirror on behalf of my mother who lives abroad for my 13 year old daughter. Order placed within their stated cut off point for delivery before Christmas. Chased up on 23rd December and was told there had been a problem but was promised it would be dispatched by express courier. No deliverywas made and one disappointed grand daughter !… Read Full Review

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear that your order didn't arrive within the delivery time-frame and for any disappointment this may have caused.

Sophie, Buyagift Helper

“Gift still not turned up and cannot get hold of buy a gift”

Written on: 15/11/2014 by littlejayne1 (1 review written)

Said gift would be delivered in 6 to 10 days, ordered 29/10/14 for a birthday present to be delivered direct to sister in law in early November. It is now 15/11 but still no sign of gift and cannot get through on buy a gift phone lines… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to littlejayne1's Review

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't receive your order within the delivery time-frame and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sophie, Buyagift Helper

“DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Rip-off extension/exchange charges”

Written on: 22/10/2014 by Wineman5 (1 review written)

I received a ‘Buyagift’ Voucher as a Christmas present, but was unable to use it as the event in question (Triple Whammy Experience), was only run on a Saturday – unfortunately, a normal working day for me. This was the first annoyance, as this was not made clear when my wife purchased the gift. Anyway, as the expiry date was fast approaching, I went online to see how to go about extending or exchanging the voucher. There is a charge of ‘only’ £20 to extend the voucher. Why??… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Wineman5's Review

Thanks for your review.

I am really sorry to hear of all the trouble that you have had trying to extend your voucher and were unable to get through to us on our phone lines, we do have options to get through to a person and I am sorry that you have been unable to.

We also do respond to all emails sent to our Customer Service Team. However, if we receive a high volume of emails it can sometimes take us a little while to respond and I am sorry if you didn't receive a response straight away.

“DO NOT BUY”

Written on: 22/09/2014 by shalimar55 (1 review written)

HELICOPTER FLIGHT, MAPLEDURHAM ESTATE.- DO NOT BOTHER- THEY DO NOT CARE AS TO WEATHER IT GOES AHEAD OR NOT, HAVE BEEN WAITING NOW FOR TWO YEARS FOR A 10 MINUTE HELICOPTER FLIGHT OVER THEIR GROUNDS, WHICH HAS NOW BEEN DELAYED UNTIL 2015.THE LAST ONE BEING CANCELLED ON SATURDAY,20TH SEPT… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to shalimar55's Review

Thanks for your review.

I am really sorry to hear that you have been having trouble booking and attending your experience due to weather conditions and for any disappointment this has caused.

Sophie, Buyagift Helper

“Weekday Deluxe Makeover in London”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by Limmerick (1 review written)

Terrible customer service, refunds late returning, high postage rates, Nail polish thick and gloopy, Daughters hair had the be reshaped as it didn't look like it had been dried into a style. Photograph took over 8 weeks to receive with a reminder. No good for boosting confidence. The man who tried to sell us the photographs was rude, inpatient and lost money for the salon. Tried to hurry us deleting photographs to quickly. I did explain to the salon the experience and they offered a free day… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Limmerick's Review

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear that you have been left feeling disappointed with your makeover experience.

I'm pleased to hear that you received a free day teaching you how to apply make up as a form of compensation for the poor service you received on the day of your experience.

However, I have passed your comments across to our suppliers for review, in hope that further improvements are made to their services in the future as we never like to hear of any negative feedback.

Sophie, Buyagift Helper

“VIP LONDON SKYLINE HELICOPTER TOUR WITH CHAMPAGNE FOR TWO”

Written on: 06/09/2014 by sharonbryanstondevelopment.com (1 review written)

MY FRIEND BOUGHT ME THIS EXPERIENCE FOR MY 50TH AND I BOOKED IT AT NORTH WEALD AIRFIELD. I WAS VERY EXCITED. WE WERE TOLD IT BE THE "HIGH-FLYING EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME" NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. ON ARRIVAL THE STAFF COULD NOT BE EASILY IDENTIFIED EVENTUALLY I FOUND THEM DRESSED IN YELLOW VESTS WITH THE WORDS "CREW MEMBER" PRINTED ON THE BACK. THERE WERE A LOT OF PEOPLE MILLING AROUND. THE CREW MEMBER DID NOT INTRODUCE HERSELF NOR DID SHE GIVE US NICE WELCOME. IN FACT I… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to sharonbryanstondevelopment.com's Review

Thanks for your review.

I am really sorry to hear that you have been left feeling disappointed with your helicopter experience due to the poor service your received.

I have passed your comments across to our suppliers for review to ensure that future improvements are made as we never like to hear of any negative feedback.

“Not a free gift!!”

Written on: 10/08/2014 by 123Izzie (2 reviews written)

Our son bought us a voucher to do a cooking course, I was disappointed to learn we had to book mid week, well how can we, we work? Do we had to change it and were excited when we saw a posh meal out to Marc Pierre White, sounded like a lovely deal and we decided to invite two others. This was £100. Well, it was a rip off, the meals come without veg or carbohydrates, so we had to order that I paid £4 for a tiny pot of mash and £4 for a little bit of boring veg, I thought maybe asparagus but… Read Full Review

“Not a free gift!!”

Written on: 10/08/2014 by 123Izzie (2 reviews written)

Visit buyagift.co.uk

“Rubbish Product & appalling customer service”

Written on: 07/08/2014

The most unorganised, unprofessional discourteous company that I have had the misfortune to deal with ! I bought a personalised set of engraved whisky glasses for a friend's 60th Birthday. The two (matching) glasses arrived and had been engraved with DIFFERENT FONTS. I sent photographic evidence and made 2 phone calls and sent 4 emails but they couldn't be bothered to answer or even acknowledge. I am no refering them to my bank and claiming back my money through the "Chargeback" system… Read Full Review

Visit buyagift.co.uk

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 25/07/2014 by Victoria1969 (2 reviews written)

My daughter used her pocket money to buy me a Mini Beauty Treatment for Mothers Day, we looked at the website and saw the nearest salon participating was 15 miles. I called up to book and was told she would look for a salon and they would then call me and tell me what date I could go on! Ok, not overly happy as I would like to choose, she then proceeded to tell me that unfortunately there was no salon within 5 miles so they could not offer to redeem the voucher and I would need to go onto the… Read Full Review

123Izzie's Response to Victoria1969's Review

Written on: 10/08/2014

So bad, we had a bad experience with them

“Very disappointed”

Written on: 16/07/2014 by Cblyth (1 review written)

I bought a buyagift Theatre & dinner package for my friend for Christmas & was very disappointed with the service we received. When my friend called to make the booking she was not given as choice of resturant as stated when I purchased the voucher. She was told we was booked at Fire & Stone for 6pm. When we arrived we was give a set menu with ciabata with dip for starter, a limited choice of mains & only ice cream as dessert & was told we could only choose 2 courses. The choice for starter &… Read Full Review

“Refund please”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by Trevinowl46 (1 review written)

HELLO, still waiting for a reply from you Despina, been a month now, went through the channels you asked me to and still nothing? Have found it impossible to get a booking with Marco pierre whites Kings road steakhouse and feeling really RIPPED OFF! Maggs. … Read Full Review

123Izzie's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2014

You got a lucky escape! we went yesterday and had to spend another £40. the meals come with no veg or carbohydrates.

“Don't waste your time or money!”

Written on: 18/06/2014 by Carney283 (1 review written)

In January 2014 I was given a buyagift voucher for a pet photoshoot by a friend. It turned out that this option was not available on the Isle of Wight where I live and there were no other appealing experience options for me. On 3rd June I finally decided to exchange my voucher for a gift. Little did I know how difficult it would be to do this one simple thing. I wanted to buy a pet toy tidy crate and paid the £19.94 additional amount. I was promised that my order should arrive in a week and a… Read Full Review

Visit buyagift.co.uk

“Death doesn't warrant re-scheduling!”

Written on: 03/06/2014

My family and I have used Buy A Gift for many years now and have always been happy with the service received. At Christmas, we purchased a Thames Cruise with a band performing songs from musicals for our Grandparents. The cruise was booked for last week (Grandma's birthday). Sadly Grandma passed away a few days prior to when the trip was scheduled for, and my Grandad contacted B.A.G. to explain and request that the trip be postponed to a later date. They advised that as he was cancelling less… Read Full Review

Visit buyagift.co.uk

“Marco Pierre White 3 course meal and cocktail for two”

Written on: 02/06/2014 by Andyk64 (1 review written)

Our children purchased this for us as a Christmas present, incredibly thoughtful and not cheap when we arrived we were rather horrified that there were numerous extras you have to pay for. The steak does not have a name but you can pay extra if you want rump I will leave it at that as I have no idea what steak is lower than rump in a restaurant and it was not good. For the main course you get a steak........that is all. If you want chips, vegetables, onion rings or mushrooms they are al… Read Full Review

123Izzie's Response to Andyk64's Review

Written on: 10/08/2014

Same here, I wish I had read this review before we went, we had to spend an extra £40. What a rip off after spending £100 for the meal for 4. Was the food amazing, no not really, it was nice but not amazing. I noticed we were charged £15 for service, what was that all about???

“No availability!!”

Written on: 20/05/2014 by Sierrak372 (1 review written)

I bought a voucher for a supercar driving experience. When I've called to book, they had nothing avaiable within my voucher validity period (over 3 months), but then require a £15 payment to extend the voucher. I tried to complain to BuyaGift, but their response is that all vouchers are 'subject to availability'. The voucher is for a 'Supercar' driving experience, where you get to choose your supercar (there are a number displayed on the website), but the only thing they have available is an… Read Full Review

buyagift.co.uk