Buy A Gift Reviews - www.buyagift.co.uk

665

Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Buy A Gift - www.buyagift.co.uk

“never ever again”

Written on: 06/05/2016 by Keshawnq128 (1 review written)

usless conpany stole my £100 money voucher as aparantly is expired. customer service cant help. it was a gift and they kept ir… Read Full Review

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear that you have an expired voucher!
Please email in your reference number to me and I would like to see if I can help you further.
I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks,
Em

“too many restrictions;not worth it;never again! ”

Written on: 18/04/2016 by Nelsonr1974 (1 review written)

Had a gift from my partner of a two night hotel break. SOO many restrictions and caveats, that the apparent breadth of choice became no choice at all,(no weekends,winter time only or mid week only). Wasted a huge amount of time trying to find any availability at a time that was possible but zero joy.My partner and I have NHS shift work to contend with and these offers seemed and are too good to be true. ENDED UP PAYING to extend the voucher, which stuck in my craw, and was disappointed that my… Read Full Review

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear you're unhappy with your voucher experience so far.
I would really like to look in to this for you, please email your voucher reference number.
I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

“Over night hotel stop with breakfast for 2”

Written on: 12/04/2016 by AhmadFitch (1 review written)

Purchased above as present for wife. Have now tried over 10 hotels with various replies like "you can not use on Saturdays", "no availability despite website showing space, only limited rooms for vouchers etc. Made to feel like a second class citizen because it is a voucher. Contacted buy a gift, they extended voucher but refused refund, extension no good if you can not book anywhere. Finally managed to book somewhere but have had to pay extra because it is a Saturday… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/05/2016

Thanks for your feedback.
I'm really sorry to hear you were having difficulty with your voucher booking. Unfortunately our vouchers are subject to the hotels availability, and we do state that there will be supplement fees for Saturdays at certain venues.
Please send us your voucher number so we can help you further.
I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you.

“Read the small print, misleading, terrible customer...”

Written on: 07/04/2016 by Meredithlm322 (1 review written)

Absolutely awful. Do not buy from these people… Read Full Review

Hi there!
I'm really sorry to hear this.
We would like to help - please email your reference number in to us so we can help with your issue.
I hope this helps and I look forward to your email.

“dont use them”

Written on: 29/03/2016 by Hodgesry312 (1 review written)

Bought a deluxe theatre break with at least 8 shows but when we came to redeem the voucher only 5 shows with hardly any dates for weekend, so disappointing and customer services aren't very helpful neither. if you want a better experience book with red letter days I have booked once with buy a gift and never again, booked loads with red letter days and never had a bad experience, don't do it pleassssseee you will regret it… Read Full Review

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear you had difficulties with your booking.
We would really like to help with your voucher, please email your reference number.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks

“Read The Small Print”

Written on: 25/02/2016

Purchased a two night break for my wife. only to find that you had to pay extra for weekends and any kind of holiday period ie. Bank holiday weeks, where also not included, Lesson learnt do not buy vouchers from these people without check the all of the terms & cond's. They are poor value as you could book the same places direct with less hassle. Availibilty so restricted I should not have bothered. … Read Full Review

Written on: 18/03/2016

Thanks for your feedback!
I'm really sorry to hear you're unhappy with your voucher. We do recommend all customers read the fine print to ensure the experience is suitable before purchase!
Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be happy to help.
Thanks again.

“Very dissapointing”

Written on: 14/12/2015 by knmc (1 review written)

Very disappointing - didn't process the order and didn't tell me either so no secret santa for my friend !!!… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to knmc's Review

Written on: 15/12/2015

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear that your order didn't process properly! We do contact customers when there are any issues with their orders, but I do apologise if we didn't get in touch in time! If you have any queries, please feel free to email us.

My apologies again!

“Bought a gift for my son (only £40)but as he had to...”

Written on: 07/12/2015 by Jonah1951 (1 review written)

Bought a gift for my son (only £40)but as he had to go to work abroad he couldn't use it in the time on the voucher so I changed it for another that I was told did not have a time limit - for £38. When I knew he would be back home I tried to book a date for him but was told that the voucher had now expired. Not a problem though as they could 'reactivate the voucher' for an 'admin fee' of an extra £20! No doubt the small print buried deep in the Terms and Conditions allows this - but £60 for… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to Jonah1951's Review

Written on: 09/12/2015

Hi there

Thanks for your feedback. I have just had a quick look at your voucher and can see that it was purchased in 2012 and expired in 2013, which is why there was an extension fee in order to use the voucher. This £20 admin fee for extending vouchers is advertised clearly on our website and applies to all vouchers, no matter the price. All of our vouchers have expiry periods on them and the maximum period so 10 months on any voucher, we would never advise anything else.

I apologise if there has been some confusion and feel free to get in touch again if you would like to discuss it further with us.

“dreadful experience- dont use them”

Written on: 14/11/2015 by ddBullock74 (1 review written)

never use this firm, I booked a shard experience but what a foul experience it was. the restaurant was no where near the shard as they had changed the original restaurant. we couldn't get in the day new wanted either and had to come back another day incurring further cost. the meal itself was poor. all in all don't bother using buyagift. do it yourself. I wrote to them with a complaint several weeks ago and they haven't yet dignified me with a response. to sum them up they are a rip off!… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/11/2015

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear that your recent experience wasn't as expected.

We sadly had to change the restaurant location as the prior venue we had for this experience was closing down. This was sadly out of our control.

We did our best to locate a very similar restaurant which was Michelin recommended and with the same type of cuisine, although the location may have been slightly further from the original however, this new information was stated on the website on booking the experience.

I am very sorry to hear that you haven't had a reply to your complaint and I'd very much like to investigate this further for you. Please could you send an email to us with further details.

Despina, Buyagift helper

“Poor service”

Written on: 30/10/2015 by Newtonxp317 (1 review written)

I purchased a gourmet card in September for a friends birthday, despite me chasing delivery several times and being promised a signed for delivery days ago, the item remains undelivered! This is the second card I have purchased this year that has not arrived! My emails and request for a manager to call me remain ignored!… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/11/2015

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear your item hasn't arrived, and that you haven't had a call back yet.

Please send an email with your order details and complaint over to us and we will look into this for you.

- Emma, Buyagift Helper

“Disappointing”

Written on: 27/10/2015

Booked a gift package for two for a visit to the Shard with a Michelin star meal. The information accompanying the evouchers varied, details for the Shard were very clear and the trip to the Shard was amazing. Unfortunately the e voucher stated a different Italian restaurant, not a Michelin Star, situated near to Tottenham Court road. I tried to ctc Buyagift by 'chat on line' to no avail so sent an email asking about the change of restaurant and the procedure for booking, I got a response… Read Full Review

Written on: 02/11/2015

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your experience wasn't what you expected!

Please send your complaint to us with your order reference number so we can look in to this for you.

Thanks,
Emma - Buyagift Helper

“Don't put your trust in this company ”

Written on: 05/10/2015 by HelenSpence269 (1 review written)

I ordered the Full Ted grooming service experience for a 21st birthday present after 3pm on a saturday so it should have been processed and dispatched the next working day and sent by standard delivery ( royal mail 2nd class post) well,a week later the voucher had not been delivered. The birthday has been and gone.IF You want to speak to customer services they try to fob you off with a selection of options leading to recorded messages telling you what you already know. If you really must be a… Read Full Review

Hi

I am very sorry you are disappointed with our service and that your voucher arrived late. I hope your voucher has arrived with you now, but if you have any further queries please let us know by emailing us with your voucher reference number.

I apologise again for the inconvenience that has been caused and I hope you enjoy your experience.

“not recommended”

Written on: 28/09/2015 by Kanecm297 (1 review written)

We were bought a one nights overnight hotel stay for two. There was very limited choice of hotels available and the one we selected, The Lodge at Boston Spa, refused a weekend booking and tried to decline the booking altogether. She said they did not pay her enough and she was going to stop dealing with them. Eventually we booked for a Thursday night. The so called hotel was a small guest house up a very narrow single track road with an awkward parking space. To be fair the room was very clean… Read Full Review

Hi

I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. The hotel you visited does still work with us and we have now agreed a new deal with them and they have their own voucher which can now be used week-round.

We work with thousands of suppliers and we aim for them all to be perfect for our customers and I apologise again that our standards weren't met on this occasion.

“London Skyline Helicopter Tour and Lunch For One”

Written on: 27/09/2015 by JonSMartin (1 review written)

Was bought this experience for my birthday. Think the title of the experience is misleading. Helicopter 'tour' is 12 minute flight at height of 1200 feet over Redhill. Admittedly, you can see the London skyline c.20 miles in the distance. Lunch isn't included however you are offered £5 discount off of the published menu. Without sounding ungrateful (to the person who treated me) think buyagift and the operator Adventure001 should be reported to advertising standards agency or trading… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to JonSMartin's Review

Hi

I am sorry that your experience didn't match up to your expectations, the experience is advertised as a 12 minute flight and there are various starting locations available. I am sorry you did not get a full lunch with your experience and I am happy to look into why this was for you.

If you can send us an email, we would be happy to look into it for you and contact the supplier on your behalf.

“visit to Blenheim Palace & lunch at the Kings Head...”

Written on: 05/09/2015 by ptParsons314 (1 review written)

Blenheim Palace was very interesting especially with all the information on Winston Churchill. However lunch at the Kings head was abysmal. We weren't aware that it was an Italian Restaurant with very limited choices on the lunch provided for buyagift clients. Unfortunately my husband doesn't really like Italian food but he chose the vegetable soup - tasteless, then the chicken thighs stuffed with parsley which arrived SWIMMIMG in a sauce - his worst nightmare!! The chips were greasy and the… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry you did not enjoy the meal. I have passed your comments on to the supplier and I hope that other customers will have a better experience.

I apologise again that your meal was not up to standard, but I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Blenheim palace

“Supercar experience NOT super!”

Written on: 09/08/2015 by Theresab325 (1 review written)

I brought my BF a voucher for the supercar experience which we used on Sunday 2nd August and booked the track in North Weald Essex. Upon arrival everything seemed easy, we gave our voucher to reception who then told us the options of cars we can drive and that there will be a brief prior to our booked 1.30pm slot which is just to go through key points, what to expect etc. The brief is approx 10-15mins, ( quite long) after which you are then told to wait until your name is called out. My BF was… Read Full Review

Hi

I am sorry you were disappointed with your experience. Due to the nature of the experience, travelling at high speed in fast cars, there is a significant health and safety risk, and as such our suppliers have certain precautions in place to ensure everyone is safe. Cars on the track must follow a certain route as directed by the instructor in the car. Some drivers are less experienced and for many it will be the first time driving a supercar and they will not be used to how they work.

The passenger ride car is driven by a professional who is able to drive the car safely at high speeds, and they require a clear track to drive on, which is why drivers are asked to follow a route on the outside of the track.

I apologise again that your experience was not what you were expecting but I hope this helps.

“2 night break vouchers - RUBBISH”

Written on: 04/06/2015 by azhayes (2 reviews written)

I recieved a 2 night Buyagift short break voucher for Mothere's Day but have had multiple problems trying to secure a stay and still not got anything.These vouchers seem to be a waste of money. The first problem is that most of the hotels don't accept them between April and October. If you are lucky enough in finding one they only have 'certain' rooms available which are generally the smallest/worst. Then the hotels lay down their own rules - Carlton Riverside say you have to buy evening meals… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to azhayes's Review

Written on: 05/06/2015

Thanks for submitting your review.

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't been able to find a suitable hotel due to some of the restrictions.

There are restrictions in place for some of the hotels and these restrictions are provided by the hotel themselves. I am sorry for any disappointment this has caused.

On the My Voucher site, you will be able to see the restrictions for each hotel. There are over 80 hotels to choose from and the voucher itself is valid for 10 months providing you with flexibility.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the service that you received from us when you spoke to us. So that I can look into this further, please can you send an email to us with your voucher number.

Again, I am sorry for the disappointment caused and I look forward to hearing from you via email shortly.

“second rate citizens”

Written on: 31/05/2015 by twonineinnit (1 review written)

We were given a two night bed and breakfast voucher and went on to the buyagift website to search hotels.After looking through the limited number available we found one that suited our purpose,I then looked at the hotels site for reviews etc and found plenty of rooms vacant until I mentioned buyagift,then it was fully booked. The next guest house we tried was very happy to take our booking until the voucher was mentioned.We were then told to phone back tomorrow when the manager was in as he… Read Full Review

Buyagift Helper's Response to twonineinnit's Review

Written on: 03/06/2015

Hello

Thanks for submitting your review.

I'm really sorry to hear of your disappointment with your recent experience.

I'd really like to investigate this further as we do rely heavily on our suppliers to maintain a high standard of service to our customers.

Please would you send an email to us, along with your voucher details, the date you attended the experience and the name the booking was made under and I'll begin an investigation with our supplier.

Again, I am sorry for the disappointment caused and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Suzhayes's Response to twonineinnit's Review

Written on: 04/06/2015

I've had exactly the same issues. These vouchers seem to be a waste of money.
The first problem is that most of the hotels don't accept them between April and October. If you are lucky enough in finding one they only have 'certain' rooms available which are generally the smallest/worst. Then the hotels lay down their own rules - Carlton Riverside say you have to buy evening meals in addition and they are not cheap (they got some award years ago so seem a bit up themselves). Another hotel - Afon Rhaiadr said the voucher was only a part payment and we would have to pay £80 a night supplement!
Buyagift customer services were not at all helpful when I complained. Would definitely not recommend tio any thinking about one buying these vouchers.

“vineyard in kent”

Written on: 29/05/2015 by JasmineAdams (1 review written)

We were very excited to get a voucher for xmas and contacted the nearest vineyard around feb time. The lady we spoke to advised us to ring back nearer the time as the restaurant did not open until March. Stupidly we acted on that advice only to be informed in May that availability was limited due to other bookings; the date in July we wished was fully booked. My husband and I are both shift workers and rotas are difficult to synchronise. This was explained to the lady and referral to diaries… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/06/2015

Thanks for submitting your review.

I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you encountered with our supplier and for any disappointment this has caused.

I will ensure that your feedback has been raised with our supplier in hope that they can make improvements to their service in the future. We do work very hard with our suppliers to ensure that they're providing the best possible service and I am sorry that our supplier had let you down on this occasion.

I am pleased to hear that you've managed to make a booking with an alternative supplier of ours and I do hope that you have a wonderful experience.

“Abysmal and misrepresenting”

Written on: 21/05/2015 by 67Sheridan (1 review written)

I received a "gift" of two nights hotel break voucher only to find 1.There was a very limited number of hotels available 2. Even when selecting a hotel there was limited availability 3. Supplementary charges were levied for Saturday nights. the booking line was a chargeable number So the gift turned out not to be a gift as I had to pay extra. I wonder how much of this was clearly stated when the voucher was bought. Also when trying to book the hotel I received atrocious and arrogant… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/05/2015

Hi

I'm very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your voucher.

This particular experience is a 2 for 1 hotel break and each hotel will have their own booking restrictions in place. All of which are stated on the products page prior to purchase.

As there are many hotels on the list, restrictions are stated under the hotel information to make it easier to read and clearer. This includes any dates that you cannot book your stay and any supplementary charges which may apply to your stay.

Depending on the hotel you're booking with, there may be a chargeable booking line however, sadly this is outside of our control as this is the booking line in which the hotel would've provided us with.

I am very sorry that you received bad service when you tried to make a booking at one of the hotels. All dates are subject to availability and the hotels will allocate a number of rooms per night specifically for voucher holders. If this allocation is met, they may not be able to fit you in but the vouchers are valid for 10 months with the aim of providing as much flexibility to you as possible.

If you do not wish to keep this particular voucher, you're welcome to exchange your voucher free of charge on the My Voucher site to any other experience on our website. The web address is printed on the voucher itself.

Alternatively, do contact us directly and we will be happy to help further.

buyagift.co.uk